00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

295,208 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-02 06:17:48

At 6/30/10 10:26 PM, Molotov wrote:
At 6/30/10 10:16 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I have hope for the Bills
Lemme stop & pause for a second.

Hey man, there was a time when the Patriots sucked and the Bills trampled all over them!

Just give it some time

Also I'm surprised no one else posted about Don Coryell's recent passing

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-02 09:08:28

in for fantasy

also lol benson, lol vjax

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-02 21:45:40

Look out guys! John Cleese is ranting about how dumb our favorite sport is!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-02 22:12:26

At 7/2/10 09:45 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Look out guys! John Cleese is ranting about how dumb our favorite sport is!

This whole, why is it called football thing is rather annoying. The reason it's called football is because originally the primary avenue to scoring was to run the ball to the goalpost and then kick it through for points.

That's how it was, the game has changed since then, which apparently makes it less intelligent than Soccer which has never changed, ever. If Soccer fans want to complain about having their sport's name changed to soccer then why should they call for football to change it's name?

Soccer is not a thinking man's game, it's a hooligans game. It's no better than football, it just pretends to be.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-03 09:11:05

Soccer should just officially change it's name to footsiee, leave the 'ball' to the men.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-03 19:28:10

At 7/2/10 10:12 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
Soccer is not a thinking man's game, it's a hooligans game. It's no better than football, it just pretends to be.

But that does leave the question: Why is Soccer more popular than American Football on a global level? Could it be that it really is a better game? Not many nations other than the U.S.A. like American Football.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-03 20:44:39

At 7/3/10 07:28 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
But that does leave the question: Why is Soccer more popular than American Football on a global level? Could it be that it really is a better game? Not many nations other than the U.S.A. like American Football.

Easy, with bunch of ripped men wearing shorts kicking balls, who wouldn't watch it?

It's a manly sport and when they celebrate, they'll do so in one of the manliest ways possible through men sex orgy.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-05 00:12:40

At 7/3/10 07:28 PM, puddinN64 wrote: But that does leave the question: Why is Soccer more popular than American Football on a global level? Could it be that it really is a better game? Not many nations other than the U.S.A. like American Football.

Because the British invented it in the 1800s when they still had leverage with the majority of the world and spread it wherever they had people living? (would explain Asia, Europe, Africa). Sort of like how baseball became mad popular in Japan and Korea after US occupation during WW2.

Also because you don't have to take steroids or be abnormally large to do it. Look at Spain, their forwards are average at best in terms of most humans, and short for most athletes (ex: David Villa is 5'9").

MIKE VICK *facepalm*

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-05 01:54:22

Gonna have to second Buddhist on the lol vick comment. That dude just digs himself deeper and deeper every offseason. And as for soccer, all I can contribute to this debate is that an 80 minute soccer game is about as entertaining as watching golf on NBC. The sport brings nothing to the table. I like watching the highlights on espn, the whole 30 seconds of the entire game where players make spectacularly athletic plays and excitement runs rampant. NFL games are just way more entertaining IMO. Soccer can kiss my ass. Soccer is soccer and football is football. This is the way it is and should be.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-05 11:44:38

Saints Super Bowl ring.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-05 19:56:57

At 7/5/10 11:44 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Saints Super Bowl ring.

It should have an engraving of a ref on it instead of their logo. Cheap shotting bastards. Maybe this year people won't turn a blind eye to the fact that all the pro bowlers on the other teams mysteriously kept getting injured with late hits in the playoffs.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-05 20:25:08

In America, we give soccer players Capri-suns, orange slices and trophies to everyone, everywhere else, they're throwing blood and piss bombs on the pitch, and flares fired at goalies. Even Raider fans think that these guys are off their rocker.
Hmm..., it sounds like I have become Jim Rome.

But that does leave the question: Why is Soccer more popular than American Football on a global level?

Just one of the many mysteries of life, I guess, though some nations do have some sort of American football league, it isn't as big as the NFL, and probably won't be anytime soon.

Could it be that it really is a better game? Not many nations other than the U.S.A. like American Football.

Canada has the CFL, which is pretty close to the NFL in terms of talent and ability, and other countries like Japan and England seem to have a cult like following for U.S.A football.

When the best of U.S. Soccer can't seem to beat a tiny 3rd world nation, not just once, but twice, then that is a pretty damn clear sign that our soccer program is in the shitter and we shouldn't really give a fuck.
At least they don't have a football team, at least I hope not.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-05 22:21:46

You also don't need much in terms of equipment or facilities to play soccer, allowing it to thrive in impoverished parts of the world = the real reason it is the worlds game.

I didn't find the Vick thing as funny as this: "Former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell has been charged with possession of a controlled substance-codeine syrup-after being arrested at his home in Alabama on Monday, authorities said."

Codeine? C'mon JaMarcus get busted like a man.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-05 22:54:11

I'm sure if America had owned most of the world at one point or another it would be a worldwide sport.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-05 22:57:20

Fucking gangster trash sippin on his sizzurp. That just tells me al davis's lawsuit is doing exactly what it's supposed to. Making his life miserable. That's what you get russell. Just waiting for an OD now.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-09 01:08:18

At 7/5/10 11:44 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Saints Super Bowl ring.

Dayum, that's a kickass ring. Everyone gets one, too, even the cheerleaders and general staff.

Also, I was just watching this and I was wondering, do you think that when the people in New Orleans were partying after their Super Bowl victory, that this song was ever played and jammed to?:

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-10 13:13:36

because soccer is a fucking simple game to understand. ball, goal, insert one into the other. it also doesn't require hundreds of dollars worth of equipment to play.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-20 00:32:01

At 7/10/10 01:13 PM, jonthomson wrote:
because soccer is a fucking simple game to understand. ball, goal, insert one into the other. it also doesn't require hundreds of dollars worth of equipment to play.

I guess that's true. Although, most games of backyard football are the same way. A lot of kids I know don't even bother with the field goals or four downs. They just try and run the ball to a certain point and score. So, technically, American football could be an easily played sport as well.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-27 20:36:25

Terrell Owens has now signed a 1-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals.

There won't be a dull day in Cincinnati, that's for sure. Although he'll have a lot more impact now than he did in Buffalo, its make me wonder how 2 "diva" WRs are going to get their catches and how they get along.

Carson Palmer is probably the happiest QB in the world, for now.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-27 21:07:04

At 7/27/10 08:36 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Carson Palmer is probably the happiest QB in the world, for now.

He'd better start putting up numbers again.

I guarantee you Ochocinco and Owens are far too late in their careers to let 'Diva' status get in the way anymore.

The Bengals now have, on paper, one of the best passing offenses in the game, and if Benson can repeat his 09 performance the Bengals are a Championship threat.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-28 11:32:02

At 7/27/10 09:07 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I guarantee you Ochocinco and Owens are far too late in their careers to let 'Diva' status get in the way anymore.

Bahahaha!

It is a nice move of the Bengals to get TO and we'll see how long it's going to work out. I'm thinking around week 4, before drama kicks in.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-28 16:08:17

At 7/28/10 11:32 AM, reverend wrote:
At 7/27/10 09:07 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I guarantee you Ochocinco and Owens are far too late in their careers to let 'Diva' status get in the way anymore.
Bahahaha!

It is a nice move of the Bengals to get TO and we'll see how long it's going to work out. I'm thinking around week 4, before drama kicks in.

This isn't the first time the Bengals dealt with drama, If they can handle half of their team having a rap sheet, T.O isn't going to be much of a problem.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-31 04:25:34

At 7/20/10 12:32 AM, puddinN64 wrote:

I guess that's true. Although, most games of backyard football are the same way. A lot of kids I know don't even bother with the field goals or four downs. They just try and run the ball to a certain point and score. So, technically, American football could be an easily played sport as well.

Did you just compared backyard games to professional?

Anyway I prefer kickball, that way I can show off my leg strength.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-07-31 09:34:57

TO can still put up big numbers. Edwards is a terrible QB and with the exception of the occasional deep ball, no one feared Lee Evans on the other side; so he faced a sea of corners and safeties on every down. He had some fumbly fingers last year, which could be troubling, but he has always been a tad prone to drops.

The thing is, you can't double cover both of them, and if you get too focused on TO and Ocho, Antonio Bryant might be just skilled enough to quietly have a very good season... MIGHT be.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-08-02 15:41:55

We still doing NG Fantasy Football or what,PM me with details whoever is hosting (usually it's Buddhist)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-08-02 21:48:14

At 8/2/10 03:41 PM, illuminate wrote: We still doing NG Fantasy Football or what,PM me with details whoever is hosting (usually it's Buddhist)

Yeah, if we're setting something up I'd be interested

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-08-03 12:13:55

He's gone.

He's finally gone!

Thank the lord,for the first time since 1991 i don't have to see that accursed #4 step out on that field.

In all honesty i still don't believe Brett Favre is retired till i see him not out there under center Week 1

Also U Mad? Viking Fags

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-08-03 15:33:45

I'm not believing it until I hear it from him. And even then, I won't believe it until week 2 when he breaks his consecutive start streak. I don't know why he decided today since it give the Vikes no time to search for a new QB, someone better than Jackson.

adios Favre

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-08-03 17:09:47

At 8/3/10 12:13 PM, illuminate wrote:
Also U Mad? Viking Fags

I'll believe it when I check all of the NFL games online and see that he's not playing in any of them. He's pulled this shit too many times before.

Plus, why not just go for the big 20th year? 19 years is just weird. Might as well go out with an even number.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-08-04 22:43:43

Not to mention:
497 TD passes
69,000+ yards
285 consecutive starts, etc.

Is it me, or is he making damn sure that his records won't be topped by Peyton Manning?, which more than likely at least one of those records will fall.
Plus he is going to make around $20 million if he plays, though I don't know what he is going to do with that much coin, maybe build a giant storage shed for all those Wrangler Jeans and replica jerseys, IDK.

BBS Signature