00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

295,126 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-04-27 07:47:54

Yesterday it gets worse, I saw Sharper harassing people for a job.

"I need a job...I need a job...spare some change?"

Despite the millions he made and also, lol.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-04-27 23:59:42

VICTORY!!

*fanfare*

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-04-28 02:37:43

I'm still steaming a bit at the complete shutdown by the Bills to even draft a decent QB.

They passed on Clausen and Mccoy for players who could have easily dropped for them. Then they lost Pike and Kafka.

I just don't get it. They pick Spiller first to get crowds excited but they ignore the QB issue?

Edwards better give me reason to believe again like I did this last season, before the complete breakdown I mean.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-04-28 16:46:30

Jeff Feagles retires.

It is inevitable since he is 44 and he told the team about it before the draft.

Oh well, it's good while it last.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-04-29 15:01:47

At 4/28/10 04:46 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Jeff Feagles retires.

It is inevitable since he is 44 and he told the team about it before the draft.

Oh well, it's good while it last.

Don't fret Giants fans, I hear Jamie Moyer has offered to punt for them on Giants game days that don't coincide with his turn in the rotation.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-04-30 02:00:05

At 4/28/10 02:37 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: I'm still steaming a bit at the complete shutdown by the Bills to even draft a decent QB.

They passed on Clausen and Mccoy for players who could have easily dropped for them. Then they lost Pike and Kafka.

I just don't get it. They pick Spiller first to get crowds excited but they ignore the QB issue?

Edwards better give me reason to believe again like I did this last season, before the complete breakdown I mean.

I was so made when they passed on Clausen. I was fine with passing on McCoy, because the only good QBs in this draft worth a damn were Clausen and Bradford, and even I had Clausen as the better QB prospect.

I was happy with the Spiller pick after a while, and I guess I'm not as mad at the Torell Troup pick, because he very well may have been better rated than the other so-called second round nose tackles of the round, at least for NFL scouts.

The one thing I've learned about the draft is that you can't always trust the experts to know everything about everything. As much as I respect Mel Kiper for what he's brought to ESPN, he does have gut feelings about guys who will never make it in this league.

Also, I'm prepared to give Trent just this year, but only because I truly believe that the offense in Buffalo was handcuffed by Dick Jauron for almost four years. I think it's Brohm's job to win, at this point, though. We'll see what happens.

I think...I hate... dick.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-04-30 04:10:19

At 4/27/10 11:59 PM, Buddhist wrote: VICTORY!!

*fanfare*

A fresh start. Lets hope replacing Russell with Campbell as our current franchise QB isn't going to bite us in the ass. I can't see it being any worse than it was last year though, so that's good. Gradkowski has shown he can win games when called upon too, so that should relieve some stress off of Campbell to make the transition easier. Plus USA Today ranked Oakland 2nd in their draft grades. I've seen a lot of crazy shit out of the Raiders the last few years, but doing well in the draft is a new one. We'll see how it all goes.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-04-30 18:06:24

So Brett Favre needs surgery on his ankle to play again.

I think this is sort of a good thing for the offseason. Now we will have a definitive answer to "will he or won't he come back?" (I think everyone thinks he will, it's just the waiting game and media coverage I hate) with whether or not he gets the minor surgery done.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-01 11:54:56

At 4/30/10 06:06 PM, phileeguy wrote: So Brett Favre needs surgery on his ankle to play again.

I think this is sort of a good thing for the offseason. Now we will have a definitive answer to "will he or won't he come back?" (I think everyone thinks he will, it's just the waiting game and media coverage I hate) with whether or not he gets the minor surgery done.

I can't wait until Brett Favre retires so ESPN can stop buttfucking him, and even then we'll have five years to talk about how he's going to be in the Hall of Fame. Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if ESPN put a counter up as soon as he retired: "Countdown Until Brett Favre Can Be Considered For the HOF"

I think...I hate... dick.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-01 19:15:05

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-01 20:39:50

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-04 13:18:16

At 4/27/10 07:47 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Yesterday it gets worse, I saw Sharper harassing people for a job.

"I need a job...I need a job...spare some change?"

Despite the millions he made and also, lol.

The Saints already signed him up for another year, probably a good thing too. Otherwise, he would've sold his SB ring.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-05 14:00:20

Adam "Pacman" Jones is currently working out for the Bengals, and is expected to sign a deal with Pacman very soon.

I'm torn on this issue, part of me says that this guy isn't worth the trouble, considering what he did in the past, And adding another player with a team of questionable reputations makes me concerned. On the other side of the coin, Teams like the Raiders of the past, and the Cowboys took a lot of chances on players who were talented, but not always on the straight and narrow path, so to speak, and they turn out pretty good for themselves.

At least I'm glad that Mike Brown is at least spending time and money on potential free agents, whereas in the past, he would do no such thing.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-06 17:36:51

At 5/5/10 02:00 PM, orangebomb wrote: Adam "Pacman" Jones is currently working out for the Bengals, and is expected to sign a deal with Pacman very soon.

I'm torn on this issue, part of me says that this guy isn't worth the trouble, considering what he did in the past, And adding another player with a team of questionable reputations makes me concerned. On the other side of the coin, Teams like the Raiders of the past, and the Cowboys took a lot of chances on players who were talented, but not always on the straight and narrow path, so to speak, and they turn out pretty good for themselves.

the Bengals have a long, long history of signnig and drafting potential charecter risks. The fact that they aren't playoff contenders much shows how often they miss with these risks. honestly, I think they need to change directions and try to get charecter to be importent to them. They clearly can't judge who's worth it and who isn't.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-06 18:28:51

I saw JaMarcus outside just now asking for change...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-06 18:40:56

At 5/6/10 06:28 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I saw JaMarcus outside just now asking for change...

He promises to work REAL hard this time

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-06 19:00:57

At 5/6/10 05:36 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: The fact that they aren't playoff contenders much shows how often they miss with these risks.

They were playoff contenders last year, unless you are referring to the upcoming season and assuming that Pittsburgh wont be repeating their abysmal season, probably leaving the Bengals on the outside looking in. I don't know that you can predict when a crazy girlfriend is going to throw a guy out of a moving car though.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-06 20:11:23

At 5/6/10 07:00 PM, EternitySpent wrote:
At 5/6/10 05:36 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: The fact that they aren't playoff contenders much shows how often they miss with these risks.
They were playoff contenders last year, unless you are referring to the upcoming season and assuming that Pittsburgh wont be repeating their abysmal season, probably leaving the Bengals on the outside looking in. I don't know that you can predict when a crazy girlfriend is going to throw a guy out of a moving car though.

ah, wasn't referring to Chris Henry, that would have been particularly douchy of me. I was referring to Cedric Benson, Matt Jones, Carlos Dunlap , Tank Johnson, Johnathan Joseph, Rey Maualuga, Maurice Purify, Bernard Scott, and Jason Shirley. They've all been in pretty good trouble with the law before, and several of them have as Bengals. Most of them have been in trouble since coming to the NFL, and with that many character issues, it's not a bad bet to think some of them will offend yet again.

With their strategy having been to give second and third chances to talented people having resulted in one playoff berth since Carson Palmer became the QB, I think it's pretty fair to say it's not working, and if you can't be a good judge of whether or not someone made a stupid mistake or if they're just an asshole, you have no business signing Packman Jones. That's all I was saying.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-06 20:36:04

At 5/6/10 08:11 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: Most of them have been in trouble since coming to the NFL, and with that many character issues, it's not a bad bet to think some of them will offend yet again.

Yeah, but that's the whole league these days; you could almost change the F in NFL to stand for felon. I don't think it's really a Bengals specific problem. But I just meant more specifically that it's sort of unfair to dismiss them as non-contenders when they did win their division last season after all.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-06 20:40:53

At 5/6/10 06:40 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 5/6/10 06:28 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I saw JaMarcus outside just now asking for change...
He promises to work REAL hard this time

I gave him a quarter, is it okay?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-06 22:35:17

At 5/6/10 08:36 PM, EternitySpent wrote: Yeah, but that's the whole league these days; you could almost change the F in NFL to stand for felon. I don't think it's really a Bengals specific problem. But I just meant more specifically that it's sort of unfair to dismiss them as non-contenders when they did win their division last season after all.

This is true, but a lot of comparisons have been made between the Bengals of now to the Raiders in the 70's, and they even picked up the name "Junkyard Bengals" as a nickname. They're starting to get quite a reputation for picking up people no one else wants. And Pacman Jones is a good example. They're starting to become contenders though, so they're doing something right.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-07 14:36:38

At 5/6/10 08:36 PM, EternitySpent wrote:
At 5/6/10 08:11 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: Most of them have been in trouble since coming to the NFL, and with that many character issues, it's not a bad bet to think some of them will offend yet again.
Yeah, but that's the whole league these days; you could almost change the F in NFL to stand for felon. I don't think it's really a Bengals specific problem. But I just meant more specifically that it's sort of unfair to dismiss them as non-contenders when they did win their division last season after all.

Fair enough. I will admit I was a bit harsh with the non contenders comment. I think a lot of NFL players get in trouble with the law, but it seems to me other teams cut people like that, and the Bengals are the ones signing them again. It just strikes me that character is a non-issue with them, and that hasn't seemed to work out all that well for them as much as it should have in the past. I'm not saying it can't work, I'm just saying they play in a tough division as it is, they don't need to make it harder by getting starters who break the law and get suspended during the season. It just doesn't seem to be the right direction to me, that's all.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-07 15:12:10

Raiders pick up Chargers HB Michael Bennett. You may remember him as the fastest sumbitch alive when he was with the Vikings a few years back. He is the same age Rich Gannon was when we got him. Al Davis has been talking about how old he is lately. They're setting things up for a run this year. Gotta be.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-07 18:26:02

At 5/7/10 03:12 PM, michelinman wrote: Raiders pick up Chargers HB Michael Bennett. You may remember him as the fastest sumbitch alive when he was with the Vikings a few years back. He is the same age Rich Gannon was when we got him. Al Davis has been talking about how old he is lately. They're setting things up for a run this year. Gotta be.

A run at a winning record maybe. A SB run? Let's not get ridiculous now...although I wouldn't be surprised if when we have an uncapped season or two, Al just goes buckwild spending his cash right before he dies.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-10 17:06:05

At 5/7/10 06:26 PM, Buddhist wrote: A run at a winning record maybe. A SB run? Let's not get ridiculous now...although I wouldn't be surprised if when we have an uncapped season or two, Al just goes buckwild spending his cash right before he dies.

I thought Al was already dead. I'm still shocked that he let go of Russell as that was basically his way of saying "oops, maybe that wasn't such a good pick and sign."

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-11 17:01:31

Even the league's stingiest owner has to see the writing on the wall eventually.

Anyway, was reading some info on Darren McFadden and why he runs like such a little girl when there is contact involved....apparently he averaged the 2nd-most YPC after first contact (3.4, along with Jamaal Charles of KC), but dropped into the 38th spot (out of 61 backs) at 2.4 YPC after contact.

I will never back down front my assessment of him as a quality satellite/C-O-P back in the mold of a smaller Reggie Bush, and it seems to just be becoming more and more obvious to everyone but those within the Raiders' front office.

Just give Michael Bush the fucking ball on 1st and 2nd downs and let Run DMC take 3rd downs, and there would be no problems. Bush is the better back in our system, he's stronger, can take a hit better, can block better....*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-16 18:32:35

At 5/11/10 05:01 PM, Buddhist wrote: Even the league's stingiest owner has to see the writing on the wall eventually.

Anyway, was reading some info on Darren McFadden and why he runs like such a little girl when there is contact involved....apparently he averaged the 2nd-most YPC after first contact (3.4, along with Jamaal Charles of KC), but dropped into the 38th spot (out of 61 backs) at 2.4 YPC after contact.

I will never back down front my assessment of him as a quality satellite/C-O-P back in the mold of a smaller Reggie Bush, and it seems to just be becoming more and more obvious to everyone but those within the Raiders' front office.

Just give Michael Bush the fucking ball on 1st and 2nd downs and let Run DMC take 3rd downs, and there would be no problems. Bush is the better back in our system, he's stronger, can take a hit better, can block better....*sigh*

In theory, that would work for the Raiders, but knowing them over the last few years, they generally do things that make a lot of people scratching their heads, although everyone probably knew that by now.
Looking in their division, the Chargers are far and away the best team, but the Raiders are catching up with them, and it is possible for them to finish with a winning record, and even have an outside shot of getting a wild card berth, though that certainly is a stretch.

The NFL is the biggest sports league by far, but it always helps them to have the Raiders in contention, because they are that polarizing force where people like them for their tough, outside the norm ways of doing things, or hate them because of whatever reason.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-19 17:51:48

So im getting ready for the 2010/2011 season of USC college football, the god "PETE CAROL" has moved on :( but atleast i will test the waters to see if his new team "SEA SEAHAWKS" will be my new fave team

Ohwell soon time will tell

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-21 23:40:31

So, has anyone seen this?

Funniest Super Bowl moment ever.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-05-22 14:03:19

That the deal with the Buffalo Bills in the early 90s, close, but the cigar was always "Wide Right."

BBS Signature