00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,777 Views | 1,693 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-06-06 22:14:34

At 6/6/12 06:45 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Do you have a 3DS Auz? I though you didn't. Either way, I'd prefer a Mario and Luigi game, but Paper Mario looks fine. Luigi's Mansion 2 looks more interesting tough.

im just glad theres another Luigi's Mansion, and about the return of turn-based combat for Paper Mario

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-06-07 14:23:18

At 6/6/12 06:45 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 6/6/12 04:59 PM, Auz wrote: I heard there were about 17 titles announced, but I've only heard about a very small selection of them.

I'm most excited about the new Paper Mario game I think.
Do you have a 3DS Auz? I though you didn't.

Oh wait. I thought Lionelion was summing up some new Wii U releases, but apparently Paper Mario is coming out for the Nintendo 3DS actually.

Unfortunately I don't have a 3DS, indeed, so I guess I'm going to have to let this one go.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-06-08 20:29:03

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-06-09 02:29:14

At 6/8/12 08:29 PM, ZJ wrote: Even though I love Nintendo, this made me laugh and brought up some good points. Anyone else share this guy's concerns?

Only the part about drawing dicks and the part about having 3rd party games that have already been out for several months.
Those other ones are partly just his own opinions

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-06-09 10:31:32

At 6/8/12 08:29 PM, ZJ wrote: Even though I love Nintendo, this made me laugh and brought up some good points. Anyone else share this guy's concerns?

I agree with him on the whole social media thing they want to add to the system. I don't think I'd like it either for very similar reasons. I suppose they'll add the option that you can just turn this all off and stay offline if you want though. Otherwise if you don't let it connect to the internet you'll probably won't have to deal with all this anyway.

I'm also a bit concerned that the Wii U gamepad will be quite inconvenient to use and especially in the earlier games for this system I can imagine it's going to be a little gimmicky. Having to fiddle around with your controller regularly might really take the pace out of the action. But later on I guess we'll see games that will really make good use of this new system.

The other things he mentioned don't seem like much of a problem to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-06-10 05:15:27

At 6/9/12 11:58 AM, tyler2513 wrote: That was quite the extraordinary E3 especially since Nintendo was the only one producing new not over used repetitive games! Some games like Wii Fit U were getting a bit silly and ridiculous in my opinion, but I suppose the masterful games Nintendo presented made up for it. Can't wait for Paper Mario Sticker Star or even the second Luigi's Mansion might appeal to me enough for me to purchase it.

Everybody failed at E3. Nintendo showcased their 1080p WiiU system and it looked god awful and besides Pikmin3 (Which I don't care about) and the new Paper mario game there isn't anything too unexpected. Their next console looks like another gimmick console and I shall be skipping it. I only fell victim to the Wii for the Gamecube BC and so i could buy digital versions of SNES and N64 games.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-06-11 16:05:31

At 6/9/12 11:58 AM, tyler2513 wrote: That was quite the extraordinary E3 especially since Nintendo was the only one producing new not over used repetitive games! Some games like Wii Fit U were getting a bit silly and ridiculous in my opinion, but I suppose the masterful games Nintendo presented made up for it. Can't wait for Paper Mario Sticker Star or even the second Luigi's Mansion might appeal to me enough for me to purchase it.

E3 sucked this year. Pikmin 3, Ppaer Mario, Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem 3DS (which wasn't even at the conference and was revealed by accident) were worth seeing.

Also, Lego City stories looks amazing.

That is all.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-07-27 20:12:04

At 7/27/12 07:38 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Now I'm deciding whether to purchase The Conduit or Epic Mickey if I can find either of them for a small price and see whether either of these games are truly underrated because I've heard some very mixed reception about them both. Which of the two games would you to recommend is better?

I recommend The Conduit, which has a great story and gameplay and fantastic graphics, not to mention the online multiplayer which is addictive.

Metal Hell

The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice

My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-08-20 22:44:26

Man, no one posts here anymore...
NSMB2 came out yesterday, anyone else playing it?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-08-23 00:47:30

At 8/20/12 10:44 PM, Lionelion wrote: Man, no one posts here anymore...
NSMB2 came out yesterday, anyone else playing it?

Nope, I don't really play Mario games anymore. I still love the guy, but his games are getting too same-y.
In depressing news, Nintendo Power's going out of business. That magazine used to be the shit.

Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-08-23 00:57:02

At 8/23/12 12:47 AM, Glides wrote:
In depressing news, Nintendo Power's going out of business. That magazine used to be the shit.

Indeed it was. I looked forward to seeing their retro play-back section in each magazine.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-09-13 21:26:25

*blows dust off of thread*
Figured it might be a good time to revive this thread now that the launch date and pricing of the WiiU have been announced.
November 18th for the date
and for pricing, $300 for the normal set, $350 for the deluxe set.
So, anybody gonna get this at launch?
Normally I would, but this time im probably gonna hang back a bit and get it in December
More info here

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-09-15 05:41:47

At 9/13/12 09:26 PM, Lionelion wrote: *blows dust off of thread*
Figured it might be a good time to revive this thread now that the launch date and pricing of the WiiU have been announced.
Normally I would, but this time im probably gonna hang back a bit and get it in December
More info here

I'm not going to get it at launch. I'm sure there'll be a price cut pretty soon and there aren't any launch titles that I really want to have anyway. Also, I'd like to wait for the initial reception and reviews and perhaps an opportunity to try the system out somewhere (at a friend's or at some store). I've seen some gameplay videos of a few games and the controls do look a bit gimmicky to me. I'm not sure if I'm going to like that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-09-15 14:29:26

Couldn't care less about the Wii U, I'm only just getting in to Nintendo's best console.

My SNES collection is coming along nicely, though it's nothing to bollock on about yet.

The Nintendo Club

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-09-17 12:34:10

At 9/16/12 11:59 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Looks great, I got my SNES a few months ago now and I only have 4 games for it. I don't have any of the games in that picture but Wing Commander has always looked appealing to me.

Wing Commander is alright but very awkward on a SNES, it's definitely intended as a PC game. Castlevania 4, Axelay and Goof Troop are fantastic though, highly recommended.

What are the two SNES games at the bottom? Also, what is Road Runner 3 like?

Those are Super WWE and Faceball 2000, nothing special. The game at the bottom-right is Goof Troop and the unlabeled SFC cart is some japanese golf game. Also it's actually Road Runner's Death Valley Rally, the S looks like a 3 from that angle. I haven't played it much but it seems alright.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-09-17 12:36:22

At 9/17/12 12:34 PM, Jackho wrote:

:The game at the bottom-right is Goof Troop

And of course I meant bottom-left. I'm retarded.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-09-29 02:20:11

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/136121-nintendo-confirms-w ii-u-specs-and-release-date-prices-it-above-xbox-360-and-ps3

The only problem with the WII-U is the controller is fugly and looks like you're holding a big ass brick. Please tell me they're seeling other controllers for the console? I don't want that huge thing in my hands.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-09-29 16:18:57

At 9/29/12 02:20 AM, TheKlown wrote: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/136121-nintendo-confirms-w ii-u-specs-and-release-date-prices-it-above-xbox-360-and-ps3

The only problem with the WII-U is the controller is fugly and looks like you're holding a big ass brick. Please tell me they're seeling other controllers for the console? I don't want that huge thing in my hands.

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that you can also plug in Wii controllers. However, you're probably going to need the Wii U controller for 1 player games. I suppose the Wii controllers would be for multiplayer games and co-op style games.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-07 17:44:09

Just got that nifty Club Nintendo Mario shirt in the mail and have been wearing it today. Anyone else have it?

The Nintendo Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-21 07:17:48

At 10/7/12 05:44 PM, ZJ wrote: Just got that nifty Club Nintendo Mario shirt in the mail and have been wearing it today. Anyone else have it?

No, but I'd love to get one.

I think I should break my computer, destroy my modem and just avoid everything that is related to the Internet.

Seeing how gamers have become some sort of super computer geeks who only talk about what is inside the console and flaming it down with stupid reasons.

Hah, modern console warfare, god I should stop reading comments and posts.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-21 14:59:40

At 9/15/12 02:29 PM, Jackho wrote: Couldn't care less about the Wii U, I'm only just getting in to Nintendo's best console.

My SNES collection is coming along nicely, though it's nothing to bollock on about yet.

Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Starfox, Wing Commander, Super Castlevania IV... that's pretty cool :) If you want some recommandations for more SNES games to get, just ask :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-24 00:07:49

At 8/4/09 02:37 PM, Luke wrote: Thanks for joining guys.
Anybody else a huge fan of the classic nintendo games?

I am :D

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-24 06:38:02

Right, well I'm in for sure

Currently, I'm working on Kaizo Mario

Hello.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-24 08:56:29

At 9/13/12 09:26 PM, Lionelion wrote: *blows dust off of thread*
More info here

I was going to get this, but then I watched the Boogie video and the AVGN video on it and they turned me off to it. I mean, the technologies are going to be old and the games are nothing new, so why get it? It just seems like an overbearing design with all of the screens everywhere also. The Wii was better.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-24 21:15:06

Anyone post on here anymore?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-25 14:46:41

At 10/24/12 09:15 PM, LadyPhantomNicky wrote: Anyone post on here anymore?

Quite rarely as you can probably see from the dates. But every once in a while someone figures another topic, so it will slowly bring some life to the thread

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-25 18:42:14

At 10/25/12 02:46 PM, Gremlin wrote:
At 10/24/12 09:15 PM, LadyPhantomNicky wrote: Anyone post on here anymore?
Quite rarely as you can probably see from the dates. But every once in a while someone figures another topic, so it will slowly bring some life to the thread

Cool beans

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-25 18:44:29

So right now I'm playing the original Zelda and I'm trying to beat the second quest. I apparently forgot how hard it was!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-10-28 17:34:12

finally, after five years i have caught them all in pokemon gold...i feel so wasted right now

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2013-02-19 18:34:53

Also, Yoshi's Island is the shit. Anybody else beat it? It was he first game I ever finished as a child.

I never liked it, prefer Mario World when I was little.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature