00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duckyellow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,375 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-07-30 03:03:25

Guys i am going on holiday for a while so i won't be posting and the list of members will be updated as soon as i get back, see ya in about a week.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-07-30 04:02:38

At 7/30/10 03:03 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Guys i am going on holiday for a while so i won't be posting and the list of members will be updated as soon as i get back, see ya in about a week.

Alright, hope you enjoy yourself. Remember to play nothing but DS during the vacation =P

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-07-30 08:22:02

At 7/27/10 12:38 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Oh Haha! :P Good shit :P

So let's talk about pets :)
Did you guys ever play the first Sonic game on GameCube? The one game in which you could get yourself some Chao pets and raise them? That was so fucking awesome :)

Didn't that game like... completely suck? Or at least I heard all games after Sonic 3 or something sucked major ass.

At 7/29/10 01:58 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
I would say that games like Grand Theft Auto Vice City, which is a game that came out years before, had a much better design, better gameplay and were overall, way better than this game.

Honestly I don't think there are many games that beat GTA Vice City, if any. Even up to this day I haven't seen anything in its genre that matched it. I think the whole '80s vibe with the music and such made it feel like an experience, rather than just a game.

At 7/30/10 03:03 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Guys i am going on holiday for a while so i won't be posting and the list of members will be updated as soon as i get back, see ya in about a week.

Alright. Care to tell us where you are going?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-07-30 18:41:21

More Nintendo picture madness!

I want your guys' opinions: Is this super dorky or super sweet?

The Nintendo Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-07-30 18:55:10

At 7/30/10 06:41 PM, puddinN64 wrote: More Nintendo picture madness!

Is this done by a girl or a guy?

If by a girl then that's awesome and you just can't say no to that.

If by a guy then I suppose it depends on how much the girl is into pokemon. If totally not then it is kinda dorky. If she is then it's cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-07-30 20:51:40

Is this something that happenned to you or did you take that picture of the internet?
That's still a very geeky way to ask someone out, but it's still a very nice way to ask. I love this :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-07-31 05:03:37

At 7/30/10 08:22 AM, Auz wrote:
At 7/27/10 12:38 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Oh Haha! :P Good shit :P

So let's talk about pets :)
Did you guys ever play the first Sonic game on GameCube? The one game in which you could get yourself some Chao pets and raise them? That was so fucking awesome :)
Didn't that game like... completely suck? Or at least I heard all games after Sonic 3 or something sucked major ass.

They don't. The only true Sonic game that truly sucks after 3 was Sonic 06, the others are more hit or miss. The Adventures series were great though. Give them a try.

I would say that games like Grand Theft Auto Vice City, which is a game that came out years before, had a much better design, better gameplay and were overall, way better than this game.
Honestly I don't think there are many games that beat GTA Vice City, if any. Even up to this day I haven't seen anything in its genre that matched it. I think the whole '80s vibe with the music and such made it feel like an experience, rather than just a game.

I still feel San Andreas was the best. I give Vice City for atmosphere but SA was better in missions people, and I like the music more. Plus the cheats were better, and there was a lot more to do.

Why have I never thought

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-07-31 06:13:33

At 7/31/10 05:03 AM, dmansland wrote:
At 7/30/10 08:22 AM, Auz wrote: Didn't that game like... completely suck? Or at least I heard all games after Sonic 3 or something sucked major ass.
They don't. The only true Sonic game that truly sucks after 3 was Sonic 06, the others are more hit or miss. The Adventures series were great though. Give them a try.

After hearing so many negative comments on the sonic series I'm trying to stay away from those games as far as I can. I suppose I could look for the adventure series, but I don't think I'll want to waste money on them.

I still feel San Andreas was the best. I give Vice City for atmosphere but SA was better in missions people, and I like the music more. Plus the cheats were better, and there was a lot more to do.

I personally liked Vice City's music more. What I mainly liked about SA is the huge world you could explore, with the mountains and the desert and the three cities. But still... Vice City just felt more special in my opinion, although SA is a great game too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-07-31 13:49:26

I LOVED THE POKEMON STADIUM GAME!!!!

Haha, until someone chose Jinx, and she always got to go first.. and then I didn't like it for a while =P I was like 12 or something

Can you dig the love all around us? Me neither, it seems as though the love is still so far out, in the 60's. And they thought the hippies were bad folk.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-07-31 15:46:40

At 7/31/10 01:49 PM, LongStock wrote: I LOVED THE POKEMON STADIUM GAME!!!!

Haha, until someone chose Jinx, and she always got to go first.. and then I didn't like it for a while =P I was like 12 or something

I had Pokemon Stadium 2 and I remember the computer just started to cheat when you were in round 2 at the level 50 cup. I remember the last guy always had a Jolteon with which he Thunder Waved all your pokemon and of course you were fully paralyzed 9 out of 10 times or something.

It's one of the few games that I never finished. Didn't even get close, I still had many stadium cups I needed to do.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-01 04:48:37

Pokemon stadium ?

Oh yeah I've some Pokemon Stadium for N64.

Never managed to complete it, I just had pretty much enough of it, I never really liked games where you have turns, first you then the other one and then you again...

How ever I do remeber that I maged to get very far at it but then I got stuck.

I loved the multiplayer part though, that was hilarious, now I wonder did it have multiplayer...

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-01 21:51:58

I have both Stadium games, still have them sitting on a shelf. I think I beat the first, don't remember. The second I did ok, but meh... however, I always named my rivals after the final guy in the Prime cup for each generation... for example, I named by Blue rival Male(insert male symbol here) and named my Silver rival Psychic. :3

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-03 11:19:38

At 8/2/10 10:25 AM, Machop90 wrote:
...So who's getting Pokemon Black or White? You guys are gonna pick Tsutaja, the grass type starter, right? ..RIGHT?

Not getting the game, but I would probably pick the fire starter like I usually do. I think the fourth generation games would have been the only game thus far where I would not pick the fire starter (I'd go for Empoleon instead).

I have only seen the first form of the starters though, so maybe if I saw the fully evolved forms of gen 5 I would change my mind.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-03 17:21:51

I love how the Wii is bringing new people to the world of gaming, but what I don't love is when stupid companies make retarded products like this and sell them to oblivious, innocent casual gamers. It gives Nintendo products a bad name:

The Nintendo Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-03 18:41:52

At 8/3/10 05:26 PM, Machop90 wrote:
At 8/3/10 05:21 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I love how the Wii is bringing new people to the world of gaming, but what I don't love is when stupid companies make retarded products like this and sell them to oblivious, innocent casual gamers. It gives Nintendo products a bad name:
...The fuck? Why buy that when you can just read the freakin' instruction manual?

I guess it's the equivalent of a strategy guide, but I just can't get over how there needs to be a "For Dummies" guide to it. What's next? How to Breathe for Dummies?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-04 06:49:19

At 8/3/10 05:21 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I love how the Wii is bringing new people to the world of gaming, but what I don't love is when stupid companies make retarded products like this and sell them to oblivious, innocent casual gamers. It gives Nintendo products a bad name:

Wait what the @%!? is this ?
Wii sports for dummies....well, could something like that even succes ?
Or what ever, never mind.

Just felt like posting something, sorry for being inactive but I don't really have anything to talk about, haven't found anything new lately.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-04 11:00:03

What the f?

Have you looked into that book? I'm wondering what the content might be. It seems like some sort of instruction manual, but that would be a bit useless since the game already provides instruction booklets plus there are probably a shitload of tutorials in Wii fitness (I know there were in Wii sports).

I guess it might be a strategy guide like you said, but COME ON... the game is not even about racking up points or finishing levels or anything, is it? It's only about exercising, so yeah that seems like a pretty useless book to me. Although I can see tons of old folks buying it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-05 10:27:18

At 8/4/10 03:15 PM, Ilkinoi wrote: *I'm Machop90, except I got tired of the name and wanted it changed. It never happened, so I just abandoned the old account. I may use it some day, but maybe not.*

That's odd. You got like 1,500 posts on your old account. Are you sure you're okay with abandoning it?

I've done a little research on this Wii Fitness For Dummies thing. It's a 252 page long book on basically just how to use Wii Fit PLUS. Not the normal one, but Plus. Not that useful, since you can set routines and shit within the game.

Yeah, still sounds kinda lame. Like I said, I suppose most stuff is already explained in the game a million times just like in Wii Sports so it does seem like a big waste of money.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-06 14:49:57

I'm back from holiday and i will post the members list tommorrow,

While away i really realised how much i use nintendo and eletric gaming, there was none but my DS on holiday which i spent all the time playing Layton, Final Fantasy 4 and Pokemon Diamond.

(By the way that is in my spare time before like sleep, i didn't just do stuff i always do on holiday,lol)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-06 18:10:40

I have been playing some Banjo Kazooie lately and I thought: Do they even make games like these anymore these days?

I mean those classic 3D platformer/adventure games where you always have to collect loads of random stuff for reasons that make no sense. Examples: Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie, Super Mario 64, Conkers Bad Fur Day etc..

I know Super Mario is still around with such games, but even on the Wii I have hardly noticed anything that comes near them.

At 8/5/10 03:03 PM, Machop90 wrote:
At 8/5/10 10:27 AM, Auz wrote: That's odd. You got like 1,500 posts on your old account. Are you sure you're okay with abandoning it?
Yeah, every time I try to abandon this account I always just turn the new one into an alt that I'll probably never use.

So just don't abandon your account. Are you sure you asked Wade for a name change?

Yeah, still sounds kinda lame. Like I said, I suppose most stuff is already explained in the game a million times just like in Wii Sports so it does seem like a big waste of money.
Yep. Rip off. Like a few other "for dummies" books.

Those 'for dummies' books always seemed like junk to me. Just doing a search on the internet is much cheaper.

At 8/6/10 02:49 PM, KirbyX1000 wrote: I'm back from holiday and i will post the members list tommorrow,

While away i really realised how much i use nintendo and eletric gaming, there was none but my DS on holiday which i spent all the time playing Layton, Final Fantasy 4 and Pokemon Diamond.

I have talked about Final Fantasy 4 with Bahamut in the Level Up Lounge. He said it was an incredibly hard game. You think so too?

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-07 01:01:19

At 8/6/10 06:10 PM, Auz wrote: I have been playing some Banjo Kazooie lately and I thought: Do they even make games like these anymore these days?

I mean those classic 3D platformer/adventure games where you always have to collect loads of random stuff for reasons that make no sense. Examples: Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie, Super Mario 64, Conkers Bad Fur Day etc..

Sorry, but I just hacve to say that Conker isn't one of them. It was more straight forward than just "collect 200 coins to go to the next stage." The money doesn't really count since you kind of ran into them as you went along.

I know Super Mario is still around with such games, but even on the Wii I have hardly noticed anything that comes near them.

To your whole post though, I agree, I haven't seen many game like that on the next gen consoles. I do miss how the old 3D games were more exploration rather than run shoot. I guess since now the technology is more advance, there really can't be games with multiple levels were you just explore and collect as much as you can. They would either be considered too short by todays standards, or have way too many levels. I could see them work as dowloadable games, but it seems those are just small puzzle games. I really want them to make a comeback someday though.

While I'm here, I might as well review No More Heroes 2 since I beat it about a week ago. The game was satisfying, but it felt lacking. The game lies when it says you can use Henry and Shinobu. You only use Shinobu for 2 missions and she disappears, and Henry for a boss/dream sequence and he disappears. Shinobu sections were frustrating, since they tried to make her levels into platformers but it doesn't work for No More Heroes. You will find yourself jumping blindly, forcing her to work with you. Henry was easier but could've used more work. In all honesty, they felt more tacked on than anything else. The rest of the game however is great. Music is great, boss battles are great, it'sstill funny, there will be returning faces, no need to get money to do the missions, and you can switch your sword in a fight which is a good idea when facing different opponents. The swords each have their own characteristics with each having varrying strengths and speeds. There are some added features butI don't think I got them all yet. Overall it's a fun game and is worth a look see if you're into hack and slash type games.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-07 03:13:47

At 8/6/10 06:10 PM, Auz wrote:
At 8/6/10 02:49 PM, KirbyX1000 wrote: I'm back from holiday and i will post the members list tommorrow,

I have talked about Final Fantasy 4 with Bahamut in the Level Up Lounge. He said it was an incredibly hard game. You think so too?

Yes its quite hard, i have completed most of it i am on the last like dungean that is on the moon and when i complete that i do the final battle...its really hard because i can't be bothered to train my teams lvs from 50's tp 60's but without doing so i keep dieing...any tips thati can do it without getting bored?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-07 03:14:47

List of official members of 'The Nintendo Club'

EpicFail - Creator / Leader
Wallrus
dmansland
Jonbro
SpeedMetalSandwich
Machop90
puddinN64
HeavenDuff
Auz
KirbyX1000
GodsBitch
MentalPatrick
Axehandle123
Zanka
LDAF

Here is the updated list

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-07 13:13:25

At 8/7/10 01:01 AM, dmansland wrote:
At 8/6/10 06:10 PM, Auz wrote: I have been playing some Banjo Kazooie lately and I thought: Do they even make games like these anymore these days?

Sorry, but I just hacve to say that Conker isn't one of them. It was more straight forward than just "collect 200 coins to go to the next stage." The money doesn't really count since you kind of ran into them as you went along.

There was still floating chocolate and squirrel tails. I see what you mean though, but nonetheless I would still describe it as a 3D platform/adventure game that's comparable with Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo Kazooie (apart from the more adult themes).

To your whole post though, I agree, I haven't seen many game like that on the next gen consoles. I do miss how the old 3D games were more exploration rather than run shoot. I guess since now the technology is more advance, there really can't be games with multiple levels were you just explore and collect as much as you can. They would either be considered too short by todays standards, or have way too many levels. I could see them work as dowloadable games, but it seems those are just small puzzle games. I really want them to make a comeback someday though.

It seemed like they died out somewhere during the gamecube generation for some reason. It's rather strange because it was probably the most popular genre on the N64 and even the playstation had some great platforming games (Spyro, Crash Bandicoot).

I guess the fact that the Rare company moved to the XBox has a lot to do with it, but you would expect that Nintendo would do their best to keep the genre going. I don't know if 'todays standards' mattered much, although it could be that the current generation of gamers simply demand more complicated plots and more in depth characters.

Anyway I agree with you, I would love to see them make a comeback on the Wii.

At 8/7/10 03:13 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote:
At 8/6/10 06:10 PM, Auz wrote: I have talked about Final Fantasy 4 with Bahamut in the Level Up Lounge. He said it was an incredibly hard game. You think so too?
Yes its quite hard, i have completed most of it i am on the last like dungean that is on the moon and when i complete that i do the final battle...its really hard because i can't be bothered to train my teams lvs from 50's tp 60's but without doing so i keep dieing...any tips thati can do it without getting bored?

Don't ask me, I've never played that game before. You could try gamefaqs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-08 11:07:13

At 8/7/10 01:13 PM, Auz wrote: Don't ask me, I've never played that game before. You could try gamefaqs.

Nah i know what to do its doing it thats the problem...

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-08 12:48:02

Nintendo supported Soviet Russia.

Have any of you ever seen that before? It's really scary. I'm not too much for conspiracy theories, but the theme of Yoshi's Island for the SNES does sound REALLY similar to the U.S.S.R.'s anthem.

The Nintendo Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-09 23:47:53

At 8/8/10 12:48 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Nintendo supported Soviet Russia.

Have any of you ever seen that before? It's really scary. I'm not too much for conspiracy theories, but the theme of Yoshi's Island for the SNES does sound REALLY similar to the U.S.S.R.'s anthem.

ROFL

Zach Ford

Lakhon on NSG

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-11 16:57:34

At 8/7/10 08:09 PM, Machop90 wrote: Oh yeah, and Auz, I did ask Wade for a name change. It didn't happen after a few days, so I just gave up and created that account. BUT I ENDED UP ABANDONING THAT ONE. IRONY.

I don't know if you gave up any good reasons. People like you tend to get their name changes eventually. Only the people that just signed in or have contributed nothing to the site are usually advised to make a new account.

Perhaps you should try again once more.

At 8/8/10 11:07 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote:
At 8/7/10 01:13 PM, Auz wrote: Don't ask me, I've never played that game before. You could try gamefaqs.

But usually guides on gamefaqs also tell which sidequests are open and such (depends on the FAQ writer though).

At 8/8/10 12:48 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Nintendo supported Soviet Russia.

Lol.

Reminds me of that old theme in the Fire Temple in Zelda were people claimed that it carried religious messages from the Islam or something.

Nintendo changed it later into what it is now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-11 22:19:32

Has anybody played The World Ends With You? Any opinions in here on it? Thinking of checking it out possibly.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-08-12 02:52:42

At 8/8/10 11:07 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote:
But usually guides on gamefaqs also tell which sidequests are open and such (depends on the FAQ writer though).

No as in on the last dungean there is nothin else to do but be bored or play the dungeon, i have completed all the dide parts when struggling with other missions...