00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cdhoeh0112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Another "DJ" stealing music...

3,444 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-29 23:37:59

Hey, it has recently come to my attention that a guy is downloading songs off of newgrounds and putting them as his own on MySpace. He changes the names of most of them, but if you go and recognize one of the songs as your own, or someone else you know on Newgrounds, let them know.
Here's the link to his page:
www.myspace.com/Djkrikorian

-GG

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-29 23:53:54

Lets kick his ass!!!!!!

was that too much?

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-30 00:01:47

Proof?

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-30 00:17:55

At 7/30/09 12:01 AM, tingtonger wrote: Proof?

Yeah really. For all you know he could be uploading his own stuff that he's submitted to Newgrounds to his MySpace just under a different name. If you find the tracks in the Audio Portal, PM those artists about it. Those artists are the only people who can really do anything about it.

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-30 00:53:23

Another DJ"stealing music eh... that's all they ever do, amiright?

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-30 01:06:42

At 7/30/09 12:53 AM, SineRider wrote: Another DJ"stealing music eh... that's all they ever do, amiright?

Oh swish.

Anyways, how can you accuse this guy of stealing if you don't know who he's stealing off? We need proof buddy and if you end up finding that proof, post your findings HERE instead of making a new thread.

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-30 01:59:40

The only people that can do anything about it are the people who own the tracks.

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-30 07:56:37

Recognize most of those tracks, they're pretty unknown artists.

The guy's stealing the tracks though. this is one of them: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 25004

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-30 12:07:03

At 7/30/09 07:56 AM, la-yinn wrote: Recognize most of those tracks, they're pretty unknown artists.

The guy's stealing the tracks though. this is one of them: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 25004

The DJ uploaded the instrumental of that song. I believe he may be stealing music, but I'm not sure if from newgrounds. I'm not sure if the ice cream guy made the beat that he used, it sounds like one of those mainstream instrumentals you'd get off limewire.

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-30 14:23:47

At 7/30/09 12:07 PM, Unknown865 wrote:
At 7/30/09 07:56 AM, la-yinn wrote: Recognize most of those tracks, they're pretty unknown artists.

The DJ uploaded the instrumental of that song. I believe he may be stealing music, but I'm not sure if from newgrounds. I'm not sure if the ice cream guy made the beat that he used, it sounds like one of those mainstream instrumentals you'd get off limewire.

I actually gave you the link to the instrumental, not to the ice cream rap. I recognize 4 other songs from multiple other NG artists. He's a thief.

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-30 16:04:45

He did have the song "Sunrise Sex" on there, which I know for a fact came from here. It was a top 5 at one point as well.

-[ Street.Pirates ]-

Latest Song^

This is a joint account made by alcatraz5 and stereocityroses.

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-30 16:37:03

At 7/30/09 01:06 AM, Nechura wrote: post your findings HERE instead of making a new thread.

That thread is for Audio Portal clean up. That means people who submit stolen songs to the portal, not people who steal songs from the portal and submit them elsewhere.

At 7/30/09 01:59 AM, Khuskan wrote: The only people that can do anything about it are the people who own the tracks.

This exactly. When you guys find the songs in the Audio Portal you need to PM the artists and let them know about it. Posting links here won't fix anything.

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-31 10:02:06

This is why I hate myspace. a bunch of poser faggots rip'ing shit from who knows where and claiming it as their own. This kid is fucking dead.

moozik is fuhn ye.

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-31 10:19:40

At 7/31/09 10:12 AM, B0UNC3 wrote: is possibly making money from it.
Myspace didn't do shit when I brought the matter and sufficient evidence to support my case to them.

You've got a lawsuit on your hands my friend.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-31 10:59:02

You guys want proof? His song 'Stuck in A Rut' is actually mine. Here's your proof.

TdM / Cannibal Brigade / The Silent Minority / NUG Ventrilo Mod

Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-31 13:32:40

I seem to remember reading that releasing music on Newgrounds opens it to the Creative Commons allowing others to use your songs and reimagine them. Now, I am under the impression that that still requires giving credit to the original artist and not using the track for commercial purposes (from the sounds of it, he is not creditting the original artists)

He is clearly not commercial, and it doesn't make it right, but what can we really do?

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-31 13:37:41

At 7/31/09 10:59 AM, war-spawn wrote: You guys want proof? His song 'Stuck in A Rut' is actually mine. Here's your proof.

I just checked it out. That is absolutely lame.

In the myspace terms of service agreement for signing up with an artist account, you have to own the copy rights of the music you submit. Clearly War-spawn you are the creator, and the bearer of the copy rights of your song. I would petition to MySpace to have his account removed. I will help you compose and email and get some contact information for you if you would like. In your shoes, I would have set fire to this guy already (figuratively anyway, I would never really harm someone).

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-07-31 15:43:31

At 7/31/09 01:37 PM, SeanCampbell0586 wrote:

:stuff

Oh word. I wouldn't know how to go about that, so definitely getting your assistance would be truly helpful.

Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-03 04:57:34

Amazing. His account has been deleted. Justice always prevails!

moozik is fuhn ye.

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-03 05:44:39

Sweet. :) Good job guys, we took another fraud down.

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-03 10:59:21

Great job gang. We're awesome.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-03 22:24:26

I love you guys :D

Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-03 22:59:39

Wow, what loosers, why do other's need to take music that isnt theirs and call it their own!! ah... probably just pissed that they have no musical tallent, or any tallent..

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-03 23:15:18

Once again, the Internet has prevailed. Congrats to all. :)

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-03 23:43:06

Oh those DJ, always stealing music.

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-05 17:37:27

I'm sorry for not responding soon enough, I just read everything that happened. Thank you all very much for helping me take this guy down...and if I see him stealing music again, I'll be sure to post on here about it.

But the main reason I created this thread was so I could get the word out, and have people spread the word about this guy.

Please, if anyone ever finds another fake DJ, be sure to post about him here, or make another thread. It's a shame that true artists don't get the credit they deserve.

Until another day, team.
-Generous Gerald

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-05 21:36:11

At 8/5/09 06:51 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Guess who made it....

Check the amount of stolen clicks/listens the guy has.

On another note, every track he has is stolen.

D*** dude, 1.5 mil. god, and then his total myspace has 3 mil. wow, really sux :(

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-06 03:30:20

At 8/5/09 06:51 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: I know I shouldn't do this but check this out:

http://www.myspace.com/baseit Listen to "walk in paradise"

He also posted Eurodancer by dj mangoo as his own he called it Euro Dance

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-06 04:14:57

i sent an e-mail to myspace... we'll see if they reply... :-/

Wakka wakka

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-06 12:01:00

Can this become an official newgrounds against theft thread?

i mean there have been lots of myspace "djs" that blatantly steal music from the talented artists that belong to the newgrounds community. i believe if we all keep it in one thread and unite together to expose these "DJs" as they come along we might be able to put a nice size dent in the theft problem.

Of course everyone would have to supply proof of theft and not be immature about it.
Sort of like a coalition or club in the audio community here.
The more people we have belonging to it the more power we have when we confront these "DJs"/ "Musicians" and the sites they are uploading to.

So Rucklo ill ask you pretty much since you rule mostly over this domain.
Should we start a new thread dedicated to exposing and relieving the problem of theft or should we keep it in this one or is it a dumb idea.

As many of you know i have a SERIOUS distaste for musical thievery so i figured getting organized would be a great idea..

If need ill take sole responsibility for organizing and maintaining this coalition if it is at all needed.