00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Portal Patrol

69,354 Views | 651 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-21 04:12:57

At 7/20/09 06:35 PM, Melissa0231 wrote: http://jackokilla901.newgrounds.com/art/
search for "broly" then "giant crab" on google images and you'll find two of his uploads on the first pages
the other is stolen too im guessing but i didnt find it

Yup, great catch on that guy ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-21 19:18:38

hey, simonbirch stole perfectidiot2's sonic picture and cover pi2's signature with his own in ms paint, reported it to egoraptor cuz it said he was an art-mod but i also posted it here just in case

simons edited copy

perfects real and original copy

i know its not that good of art, and was flamed for it when i brought it up on the bbs, but its the principal of the thing that matters right?

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-21 20:17:03

At 7/21/09 07:18 PM, badgerfrank10 wrote: hey, simonbirch stole perfectidiot2's sonic picture and cover pi2's signature with his own in ms paint, reported it to egoraptor cuz it said he was an art-mod but i also posted it here just in case

I don't think Ego's all too active in the art portal. Try me or TurkeryOnaStick next time, on of us is usually around.

I took care of the stolen work, but the reason this got flamed in the general forum is because this is really an incredibly small problem, and really only requires you to flag it as stolen and somebody will get around to it.

Thanks for looking out for stolen work

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-23 04:53:18

ME me me... let me give you guys n girls a helping hand... :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-23 05:05:55

and to start me off... i reviewed some art by the user LeadSamurai saying that he had just re-drawn copys of orginal anime artwork... i told him this and got a pm back saying that he liked drawing them and only 5 of his artworks were copys and the others where orginal... but it looks like someone already deleted or removed them all...

anway... also iv been watching an artist who has been submitting some stuff... and im pritty sure this breaks the rule No.2

Sig pack 1
Sig pack 2

they are images that have been used with filters and the like... i understand that he wants to show of his work... but i feel they should be kept in his own personal area... and not shown publicy on the art portal...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-23 05:11:08

I'll join, this is a very good Idea!

Hurm...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-23 06:16:32

At 7/23/09 05:05 AM, LegolaSS wrote: anway... also iv been watching an artist who has been submitting some stuff... and im pritty sure this breaks the rule No.2

Sig pack 1
Sig pack 2

Ack, I quite like them :/
Being sensible, they're somebody else's images which have been tampered slightly, like how I stand with colouring in, so I've shifted them to the user page.
If another mod thinks otherwise, I wouldn't object.

Another note about sigs, if I think it looks like a simple c&p job, I'll quite happily delete them.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-23 08:24:32

At 7/23/09 06:16 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Ack, I quite like them :/

yeah me to :P

so I've shifted them to the user page.

good call

right... busy busy busy... and look what rubbish got into the art portal!!!...

View rubbish by clicking this link

now... im pritty sure it doesnt break any rules... apart from the (this is crap artwork and shouldnt have been submitted)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-23 13:03:19

At 7/23/09 11:03 AM, FroNickProductions wrote: Hello, I have a quick question.

My feelings about sigs are pretty much the same as Toas'. If all of the image is original work that you've drawn yourself, than you can put it in the portal. If you've borrowed an image from somewhere but have drawn in your own effects and have made it artistic, than just keep it on your userpage. If it's just a simple copy and past job with no real effort on your own, than don't submit it at all or it will be deleted.

At 7/23/09 08:24 AM, LegolaSS wrote: right... busy busy busy... and look what rubbish got into the art portal!!!...

Rubbish has been taken care of, he was scouted by OctopusPriem, who is the only "bad artist" that I personally will allow in the portal, for some reason I kind of like his work XD

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-23 18:40:59

Well I made a sig for our little patrol, if you want to be cool like me you can grab it HERE, make sure you have it linked to this thread!

please excuse my lack of photoshop capabilities XD

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-23 22:27:41

wait so what r u guys doing?

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-24 00:05:40

oh i get it now can i join?

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-25 02:33:12

At 7/23/09 06:40 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Well I made a sig for our little patrol, if you want to be cool like me you can grab it HERE, make sure you have it linked to this thread!

please excuse my lack of photoshop capabilities XD

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c281/m rbleboy/?action=view&current=Vadershowgr oup.jpg
The guy on the left looks like Jhonen Vasquez!! Is it?
Nice Darth Vader pics, by the way.
This post is kind of irrelevant to the topic, but I had to know.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-25 17:13:52

I'll join

|Gamertag | How much money is your account worth? | Comment on my userpage|

There are thirty-nine letters in this sentence.

Sig by biohasard.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-25 18:23:56

I'm in Cap'n Ben!

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-25 23:06:27

At 7/25/09 02:33 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: The guy on the left looks like Jhonen Vasquez!! Is it?

There are two people to the left of me, but no neither are jhonen. The to my immediate left is my best friend and to the far left is my mentor/boss/best friend

Thanks for all the new support guys, it's really appreciated.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-26 02:28:56

update on my behalf... so far all i have found are 6 rubbish ms paint? enterys...

random-girl-character

then check out the other art by this artist... i dont think this is at all art portal worthy >:(

still checking for any other rule breaking on the portal, legolaSS out *buzzz*

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-26 02:29:14

At 7/25/09 11:06 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 7/25/09 02:33 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote:
There are two people to the left of me, but no neither are jhonen. The to my immediate left is my best friend and to the far left is my mentor/boss/best friend

I like your sexeh purpley-pink hair.
Also, is there some sort of official sign up to this, or do you just say that you are a member and do the things that members do?

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-26 02:33:46

wow i didnt espect to be back here so soon... but once again i have a heap of stuff...

Some more poor quality work...
Then some even worse quality
And when you think it cant get any worse... OMG!

Ciao

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-26 10:19:49

I was in this before it started. A scout badge helps with the patrol.

This signature is not true

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-26 16:26:06

At 7/26/09 02:29 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: I like your sexeh purpley-pink hair.
Also, is there some sort of official sign up to this, or do you just say that you are a member and do the things that members do?

It's actually more bleach blonde/pink now because it's really faded. No there is no official sign up, this thread is merely a place to get people interested in the Art Portal, as well as a place for you guys to post shenanigans that you find or just discuss the portal in general.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-26 21:19:18

Can I join?

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-27 10:12:01

oh look what we got here...

Art theif! Art theif!

i have no proof at the moment... but seen as all the artwork is stupidly good and slightly different, but based around the same thing (looks like consept art) for a game...

Plus the user states he is 13... hmmm... *wack him with a ban hammer someone?*

*Portal patrol theme music jingle here*

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-27 14:21:22

At 7/27/09 10:12 AM, LegolaSS wrote: oh look what we got here...

Art theif! Art theif!

He's been dealt with, I could find proof for all but one of them which is good enough. Thanks for the heads up!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-28 01:22:47

At 7/27/09 11:25 PM, EJRProductions wrote: I see that's going well.

What do you mean? Like the lack of people discussing the portal in this thread? Hey if there's nothing to say there's nothing to say, it's just something this thread can be used for.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-28 02:10:05

I am now available to be PMed for whatever art portal needs you may have.

Also be checking in here for all the great help you guys are, keep it up.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-28 05:31:56

At 7/28/09 03:44 AM, EJRProductions wrote: Is anyone else taking any classes, or taken classes recently on art?

i have a A level in fine art which i got about 2 years ago :3,
didnt do GCSE art beacuse i want alowed to... *apartently :(*

so i did it at a level to see what i would have gotten at gcse as well :P...

like i always say... im not even close to been a good artist myself but i know a lot about art to be helpfull to people who are :3...

at the moment i see the artportal in three stages...

1. hentai / sexy girls / erotic artwork
2. really really good artwork
3. rubbish / riff raff / anime (poor quality)

people tend to vote highly on subject (1) and thus they get the most views and votes due to its subject... where as stage (2) are been missed out and only really been viewed by people looking for them... they seem to be getting missed out a bit... and (3) is just clogging up the portal a bit... i know its not breaking the rules or anything but you have to scroll through pages of ok artwork... im not saying my artwork is fantastic or anything but i feel that if the artwork is not up to standard it should be moved to your userpage... like alot of people have said... they want the artportal to be the best of the best and at the moment it seems all over the place with bits and drabs of great artwork snuggly fitted in a pile of just random plain artwork... but thats just what i think...

also on subject (1) alot of the users who post that sort of thing have either been told that some of their stuff is (crossing the line of artistic/funny into erotic) and have been either removed or moved to their page... i feel that the rules should be worked on as alot of grey areas still exist...

... now... let the convo commence!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-28 07:22:28

Think i'll join. Already done some of the things you speak of.

I am your father Jake

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-28 09:22:50

i know its not rubbish, its not stolen, its possibly spam worthy yes... but what the hell happened just now on the art portal!?... theres 45 submissions from the same artist next to each other... just look at the art portal or here if you dont know what im on about... they are all gif animations that dont break the rules but its rather spammy if you ask me... 45 of them!....

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-28 15:14:48

At 7/28/09 09:22 AM, LegolaSS wrote: i know its not rubbish, its not stolen

Ha ha, yeah I saw that. All of them are done by Weisi, who is in no means just some kid spamming the portal.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature