00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Portal Patrol

69,219 Views | 651 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-29 10:21:42

This guy

just a quick browse through some of his art... might want to keep an eye on this guy or possibly give him a slap on the wrists... all the stuff iv seen from him is traced from orginal pictures... from sonic... to that sparten guy in 300... i dont know if this is an offence or not but im sure someone else was taken down beacuse of it... just a heads up on that one... still looking for other rulebreakers...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-29 10:27:37

sorry for DP

At 7/28/09 03:14 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Ha ha, yeah I saw that. All of them are done by Weisi, who is in no means just some kid spamming the portal.

yeah i know who weisi is... just seems very spammy thats all... O.o...

anway im back already fresh from the artportal with this artwork the user was just scouted and his/her (havent checked and dont want to really... :S) artwork is truely rubbish... just give them a slap on the wrists would ya :P

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-29 14:44:13

At 7/29/09 10:21 AM, LegolaSS wrote: This guy

just a quick browse through some of his art... might want to keep an eye on this guy or possibly give him a slap on the wrists... all the stuff iv seen from him is traced from orginal pictures

If you could find the original pics that he traced them from that would be a great help.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-31 05:15:30

At 7/29/09 02:44 PM, ornery wrote: If you could find the original pics that he traced them from that would be a great help.

problem is they arnt main streem pictures... il try my best to find some of proof... if you have watched hellsing you would know which bit it was taken from... but alas i havent got enough proof at the moment to state it was copied... im sort of 50/50 with that guy... but untill i can get enough proof then he isnt breaking any rules :3... anway... il let you guys know if i find anything else non portal worthy / rule breaking and if so il get evidence first :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-31 10:20:09

I was recently scouted shortly after submitting my fourth piece to the portal. As of now I have dial up and won't be much help finding art in the art portal that needs to be dealt with, but in about a month or so I will start helping the most that I can when I'm back on my college's wireless. Till then any reviews from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-07-31 14:51:51

I'd love to help syphon the bumpf from the art portal, if thats o.k. with you captain :3

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-03 10:02:29

what do we think of this filter raped picture?

this one right here

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-04 11:08:07

would someone like to sort this guy out... just spotted him... all of his stuff doesnt seem to fit together *same sort of style*... some high quality pictures... some poor quality... but anway...

he has pictures made purely from sprites!!!... come on...

This guy's art

surely i dont need to get picture reference for the sprites!?!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-04 12:46:13

I'm interested in this, I'll join,. oh by the way, this is a pic I drew, what do you all think of it, consider this a test to join the club,

That's unbloody British that is!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-04 15:36:08

At 8/4/09 12:46 PM, greatwh1teshark wrote: this is a pic I drew, what do you all think of it, consider this a test to join the club,

No, I consider it you trying to get scouted.You were told in the art forum not to ask to be scouted.I know youre not directly asking but youre just being a smartass about it.
Heres an idea,improve your artwork and youll get scouted.If you werent scouted you obviously arent good enough.I dont think your work belongs in the portal until you improve.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-04 21:43:31

This guy is literally dropping poop into the portal.

Both in theme and quality:
Read his titles.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-04 22:35:51

At 7/19/09 02:51 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 7/19/09 11:47 AM, Ismael92 wrote: Should content like this be flagged? Or do I post it here instead? Or maybe there's nothing wrong with it, I don't know.
be careful about what you flag, i just got done talking to a kid who's art is based off of rotoscoping techniques, ... he uses references...

Now I have a sig to prevent (most) people from calling me a dude. Though, heads up, this kid is scouted! Again. So um... Let me be? Please? :P I like being scouted, it feels non-homeless.. ish....

The past couple of days I've been putting in a lot of energy into flagging stolen/inappropriate work and I'm amazed at how fast it gets taken care of. Props to the lot of you, much props. Same day removal is fookin' brilliant.

Luff <3

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-05 02:41:39

At 8/4/09 09:43 PM, Zanroth wrote: This guy is literally dropping poop into the portal.

That's slappy, I got nothing but love for that kid. You're right his work isn't quite up to portal standards, he's been unscouted and talked to.

nothing personal slaps

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-05 02:53:08

I love that idea!

Torak2

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-05 23:19:33

I'll join this patrol here thank you.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-05 23:28:32

Lol, I lost my scouting ability because I didn't know what a filter was and I thought the person had done it all by hand or whatever so I guess I wouldn't have been that much help anyway if I can't tell the difference between something that was automatic or something that was done by a person. :P

Assuming it's like the audio portal once you mess up your done or something like that. It didnt give me a ban message, it just said I lost my ability to scout so yeah. How fun. I won't be visiting the art portal again, which is a shame because I'm in the top 100 reviewers in both audio and flash on the site and I've been told I'm not too bad at reviewing either. Whatever comes through the Review Request Club I'll have to review though.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-05 23:33:16

I would like to join

I love life but life has a boyfriend.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-06 00:48:23

At 8/5/09 11:28 PM, Fro wrote: Assuming it's like the audio portal once you mess up your done or something like that. It didnt give me a ban message, it just said I lost my ability to scout so yeah. How fun. I won't be visiting the art portal again, which is a shame because I'm in the top 100 reviewers in both audio and flash on the site and I've been told I'm not too bad at reviewing either. Whatever comes through the Review Request Club I'll have to review though.

Well scouting IMO is a very dangerous practice...you see l got un-scouted once and had a pic deleted even if it didn't break any rules so the poor guy that scouted me lost his ability to scout unfairly...now l got re-scouted and l create only abstract art so that l am not in danger...
Anyway l would like to join but only for reviewing and flagging, not scouting....

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-06 04:17:07

At 8/5/09 11:28 PM, Fro wrote: I won't be visiting the art portal again

Why because we won't let you scout anybody? You lost your right to scout probably because you had scouted someone questionable. Scouting really isn't a big deal, and I'd like to clarify that this group isn't a scouting group. It's meant to look for stolen art or trash that shouldn't be in the portal.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-06 09:22:46

At 8/6/09 04:17 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: It's meant to look for stolen art or trash that shouldn't be in the portal.

Aye... now that the art portal isnt in the banner and now slowing down a bit after the burst of artists... it should be alot more managable... i havent seen any rubbish for a while and the qualit of some of the stuff is rather good... but il keep you art mods in the know if i find something that might be a problem :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-06 09:32:33

sorry for DP so soon :(
At 8/6/09 09:22 AM, LegolaSS wrote: but il keep you art mods in the know if i find something that might be a problem :3

two things i have picked up that you might want to checkout...

1. Some of this artwork is below the quality you would want...
they are very sketchy and rushed looking... i think putting it back onto the page is a good idea...

2. rubbish quick drawing with a filter over the top...
either remove or put onto userpage me thinks...

and the picture of the week is...
Compair the merkat . com
its not a problem picture... it just reminded me of it :P

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-06 10:14:24

At 8/6/09 04:17 AM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 8/5/09 11:28 PM, Fro wrote: I won't be visiting the art portal again
Why because we won't let you scout anybody? You lost your right to scout probably because you had scouted someone questionable. Scouting really isn't a big deal, and I'd like to clarify that this group isn't a scouting group. It's meant to look for stolen art or trash that shouldn't be in the portal.

No it's because if I was unscouted it obviously means I don't know what is allowed and what isn't allowed. The person that I scouted took hours and hours of work on their stuff, drew it all out by hand, and then added filters over it to make it look cool or whatever. Apparently the art mod that made it so I can't scout said the person put no effort in their stuff and that anyone can do filters, etc.. If someone puts that much effort into their work and does it all by themselves originally I didn't see what the problem was. And if I can't see what the problem is with that I can't be much help knowing why it wasn't allowed on the art portal. I'm no help to you guys.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-06 12:57:12

At 8/5/09 02:41 AM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 8/4/09 09:43 PM, Zanroth wrote: This guy is literally dropping poop into the portal.
That's slappy, I got nothing but love for that kid. You're right his work isn't quite up to portal standards, he's been unscouted and talked to.

nothing personal slaps

FUCK YOU MAN. I FUCKING SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON THOSE. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

lolol but not rly.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-06 13:01:13

Also, sorry about that 'shit' in the portal the other day. I found a 'shit'load of old pictures I drew and I figured I might as well post it in the art portal. I apologize.

i still <3 you all

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-06 16:06:25

At 8/5/09 11:28 PM, Fro wrote: Lol, I lost my scouting ability because I didn't know what a filter was

Actually no, you lost it because you kept rescouting the same person whose work was not portal worthy at all. Doing this once isn't a crime, but if that person keeps getting unscouted and you keep scouting them assume a punishment will take place.

Assuming it's like the audio portal once you mess up your done or something like that.

Its not like the audio portal. As long as your crime wasn't theft or breaking a major rule you can easily get your privileges back. And I was going to give them back to you also, but your whining certainly didn't help and i guess if you aren't going to be visiting the art portal anymore then you don't need them anyway.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-06 20:32:28

At 8/6/09 04:06 PM, ornery wrote:
At 8/5/09 11:28 PM, Fro wrote: Lol, I lost my scouting ability because I didn't know what a filter was
Actually no, you lost it because you kept rescouting the same person whose work was not portal worthy at all. Doing this once isn't a crime, but if that person keeps getting unscouted and you keep scouting them assume a punishment will take place.

Actually real story is I have dial up and I thought that I had a poor connection the first time so I tryed it again. Don't you guys think a warning PM or something like that would be make sense? I did this again because I thought I had a poor connection and just like when I post or review I actually have to go back and do it again a lot because it doesn't go through.

So nice to see that a common error can be seen as me being ignorant even though it was the lack of the system giving me warning.

Its not like the audio portal. As long as your crime wasn't theft or breaking a major rule you can easily get your privileges back. And I was going to give them back to you also, but your whining certainly didn't help and i guess if you aren't going to be visiting the art portal anymore then you don't need them anyway.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was far from whining. Woah, I hate to see what you call whining. I simply made a statement that I didn't know what was right and wrong with art and that I didn't understand why it didn't deserve to be on the portal because it looked great to me and that I shouldn't be visiting the art portal if I don't know what to help or not. I said I was still going to review whatever art came through the Review Request Club, which believe it or not is quite a bit.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-07 01:40:48

Uhm today l received a PM notifying me of the fact that l lost my scouting abilities...there are 2 major flaws though:
1.I never scouted anybody, l am 100% sure about that.
2.I can still scout people.

Wtf

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-10 11:49:14

this guy keeps making new threads in the art forum to post this crap, now he's posted it in the art portal. he's completely oblivious to how bad his stuff is.

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-11 09:32:11

ok... been checking up on some of my favourt artists and... same problem again...

knockwurst - *scouted by the good captin-ben* is scouted... but his artwork can not be viewed in the art portal NOR does it say his scouted...

*sigh*

with the people saying they are unscouted without a pm... heavy tank has been rescouted thus is no longer an issue... where a lizzards your artwork isnt up to standards and thats why you were removed...

either that or you used the alien template from the art fourms as your own work...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Patrol 2009-08-12 03:58:04

At 8/11/09 09:32 AM, LegolaSS wrote: ok... been checking up on some of my favourt artists and... same problem again...

knockwurst - *scouted by the good captin-ben* is scouted... but his artwork can not be viewed in the art portal NOR does it say his scouted...

Yeah there is a guy that is scouted by 2 users yet his art is still not on the portal...they have a lot of stuff to fix...

*sigh*

*sigh*