00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

General Forum Maturity

2,131 Views | 32 Replies

General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:21:03

I would like to begin my thread with this: the general forum is far far too immature.

I mean, its acceptable to talk about farts and cocks and stuff when you are 12 (which some of you guys probably are) but the majority of you guys should have grown out of that stuff ages ago. If you guys haven't noticed, every other forum (except maybe Video Games) looks down on you guys as the (mostly) crappy users of Newgrounds.

I posted here 2 years ago (when I was 12) and I was even more mature than most of you guys are acting now...It's just sad.

And something has to be sad about flaming in the general forum (about half of you flame, the other people are actually sympathetic). People come here with a real problem and you guys (assuming its fake, since most of the stuff posted here is) flame the person, not caring if the person is really telling the truth.

I mean really, look at FatKidWitAJetPacks thread. Sure most of you guys are sympathetic while the others flame like "lawlawl attention whore." or "its cuz your fat!"

Examples of general forum immaturity:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:24:12

this is a website for games and movies. if you wanted maturity go visit DR. Phil.

I love life but life has a boyfriend.

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:25:43

Just because i don't like politics and shit like that doesn't make me immature. I just like a good laugh from time to time, and that is what you get here.

My opinions are so useless, I don't even listen to them.

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:28:56

Dont tell us how we need to behave, thats why we have mods here so they can delete immature stuff thats pointless and out of hand. They seem to find everything and ban you for that post you did yesterday and forgot about. Your point is meaningless to people who just want to let it all hang out and not talk about quantum physics.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:29:22

You're more then welcome to post your own mature threads whenever you like.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:30:27

At 7/7/09 07:25 PM, BrainlessDan wrote: Just because i don't like politics and shit like that doesn't make me immature. I just like a good laugh from time to time, and that is what you get here.

Yeah, but there is a line between funny and retarded, and most of you dance on it.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:33:02

At 7/7/09 07:25 PM, BrainlessDan wrote: Just because i don't like politics and shit like that doesn't make me immature. I just like a good laugh from time to time, and that is what you get here.

Liking politics doesn't make you mature. Not talking about shits and farts are what make you mature.

At 7/7/09 07:28 PM, Dobica wrote: Your point is meaningless to people who just want to let it all hang out and not talk about quantum physics.

You don't need to talk about quantum physics to be mature. Intelligence and maturity are 2 completely different things.

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:35:39

At 7/7/09 07:33 PM, MichaelHurst wrote:
You don't need to talk about quantum physics to be mature. Intelligence and maturity are 2 completely different things.

Yeah like a coorporate meeting where the boss is telling all the secretaries how nice they look and how he wants to grab their tits and they ask him if he has a huge cock and then they ask him for a raise to get breast implants and he accepts so hes got big titties to look at when he goes to work.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:37:22

While it's true that sometimes people at other forums frown upon General, some users here are not bad. Actually there are some good mature users in this forum, but they are usually outnumbered by the "other people".

The best thing you can do, is ignore the posts you don't like, and the threads that you consider immature. Just don't pay attention to them and focus on the good ones.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:39:53

At 7/7/09 07:37 PM, Ismael92 wrote: The best thing you can do, is ignore the posts you don't like, and the threads that you consider immature. Just don't pay attention to them and focus on the good ones.

Yeah and the other forums are ghey cause noone is in them. Plus I dont like how this guy is talking shit about my threads, Lube is a reality and the internet is a good place to get real advice to some of your most personal problems and get solutions. If you get 20 replies usually the 2 useful ones are all you need to get on with whatever your trying to figure out.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:40:41

You guys don't seem to get it.

I'm not saying you have to discuss politics, quantum physics, science, or debate with anyone. But I am asking you guys to act your age. I mean cmon, a 24 year old (Dobica) should not be acting like a 12 year old.

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:41:00

Simple explanation why:

Website about games and movies + lots of users + general forum ALWAYS = immaturity

It is a simple fact. Yes, while Newgrounds is the best website of it's kind and the original, it is NOT the only of its kind. I have been to many websites and have experienced far worse than this. The moderators and administrators here work very hard at keeping this the site that it is. It is thanks to the hard work of many moderators that we are not spammed nearly as badly as many other websites. You should be happy. We aren't that bad off, really.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:41:04

At 7/7/09 07:21 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: I would like to begin my thread with this: the general forum is far far too immature.

You mean it's full of idiots who do all that stupid shit to TRY and be funny, or are attention whores?

yep. sounds about right

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:41:30

I'm MATURE!

General Forum Maturity

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:44:03

At 7/7/09 07:40 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: You guys don't seem to get it.

I'm not saying you have to discuss politics, quantum physics, science, or debate with anyone. But I am asking you guys to act your age. I mean cmon, a 24 year old (Dobica) should not be acting like a 12 year old.

like fuck I shouldnt. When your in public you can act like a human but all those urges you developed during the day + mixing it with high caffinated coffee and you need somewhere to let loose. Plus you are on a site that built its infrostructure on immiturity and cheapshot lulz.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:45:06

At 7/7/09 07:21 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: People come here with a real problem and you guys (assuming its fake, since most of the stuff posted here is) flame the person, not caring if the person is really telling the truth.

Hardly ever real stuff is posted here. And lots of stuff sounds fake. So we assume everything is fake.

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:49:16

Bahhh, nevermind. If you guys won't listen to a suggestion then I won't try because it's just turning into a flame war.

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:51:38

At 7/7/09 07:39 PM, Dobica wrote:
At 7/7/09 07:37 PM, Ismael92 wrote: The best thing you can do, is ignore the posts you don't like, and the threads that you consider immature. Just don't pay attention to them and focus on the good ones.
Yeah and the other forums are ghey cause noone is in them. Plus I dont like how this guy is talking shit about my threads, Lube is a reality and the internet is a good place to get real advice to some of your most personal problems and get solutions. If you get 20 replies usually the 2 useful ones are all you need to get on with whatever your trying to figure out.

This is just my opinion, but I hate when I'm going to post a reply to a thread, and when I'm finished and post the "post it!" button, I realize that there are lots of posts before mine that weren't there before. Some of them may even say what I just wrote, making my post useless. Personally, I hate that. I prefer forums which are a bit slower than that, that actually look like a forum and not like a chat. But as I said, this is just my opinion. I also prefer having a few mature people posting than having hundreds of immature users derailing the thread, though this is an "extreme" example.

At 7/7/09 07:45 PM, dx5231 wrote:
At 7/7/09 07:21 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: People come here with a real problem and you guys (assuming its fake, since most of the stuff posted here is) flame the person, not caring if the person is really telling the truth.
Hardly ever real stuff is posted here. And lots of stuff sounds fake. So we assume everything is fake.

I'd also say that's quite a bad problem. As you say, it comes to the point when people will just assume everything is fake, when there may be some posts with cool stories that get ignored because of the high amount of topics that are blatant lies.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 19:53:24

At 7/7/09 07:21 PM, MichaelHurst wrote:
I posted here 2 years ago (when I was 12) and I was even more mature than most of you guys are acting now...It's just sad.

>I posted here 2 years ago (when I was 12)

>2 years ago (when I was 12)

Have your balls dropped yet?

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:03:24

You are sooo right, i've been here for less than a year and i can already tell the immaturity level is off the charts. Lets straighten up guys!

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:03:30

At 7/7/09 07:53 PM, Britkid wrote: It's the weekly NG Lecture Thread, where some poor, brave soul says 'Come on guys, how did we come to this? Look at how disgusting you all are. You are bad human beings and I am much better than all of you.' I'm glad Newgrounds is sticking with tradition.

I never called you bad human beings and that I am better than you. You guys don't seem to understand that I was just suggesting that you be more mature. I was not putting myself above you and I was not trying to get anyone mad.

I wasn't forcing anyone to be more mature and I wasn't even getting mad about it. You guys don't need to respond flaming me for making a suggestion.

At 7/7/09 07:53 PM, sHrYKuL wrote: >I posted here 2 years ago (when I was 12)

Have yours?

Anyway, since you care, they have.

At 7/7/09 07:56 PM, FBIpolux wrote: I've been saying this for 6 years. Good luck changing people's minds, I've already tried that.

Yeah, it's pretty hard. It seems people would rather just keep acting like idiots.

It's not really my problem though, I was just trying to give some advice to people.

But since this topic has no point (since you people don't want to take my advice) I think I am going to have a mod lock it so it doesn't turn into a flame war.

Good day and I'm sorry for making this topic I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:05:34

Yes because this thread is going to accomplish oh so much.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:05:46

At 7/7/09 08:03 PM, MichaelHurst wrote:
At 7/7/09 07:53 PM, sHrYKuL wrote: >I posted here 2 years ago (when I was 12)

Have yours?

Anyway, since you care, they have.

Congratulations. Now enjoy decades of frustrating virginity.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:08:03

its not a matter of maturity, i really think its a matter of stupidity. the immature posters post the same lame immature jokes, the only posts i laugh at that are immature are new immature posts, yeah grab his cock, cock joke, tits or gtfo, yeah these were all funny at one point in time but now it just seems that alot of younger (low post) users just keep repeating the same jokes over and over and over again.

So i guess if your going to be immature AT LEAST be fucking original. some of you just make my prostate swell up in anger with your repetition of old and not so funny things to say.

Its like that annoying friend of yours that can only say movie quotes as jokes.. gahh i hate those people

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:09:58

It doesn't help with the site admins delay the redesign to make pictures of unicorns with penises on their heads.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:10:20

At 7/7/09 08:08 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
Its like that annoying friend of yours that can only say movie quotes as jokes.. gahh i hate those people

R memez funnay?

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:13:46

I lol'd at the 5th one, sue me.

And half of those are broken.

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:14:40

At 7/7/09 08:08 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: its not a matter of maturity, i really think its a matter of stupidity.

This hit the nail on the head in my opinion. Immaturity can to an extend lend itself to humour, and we all like to let our hair down once in a while, but when coupled with stupidity it can be highly annoying. Look at the Dickneck thread a few months back, for the first 11 pages or so it was quite funny, and most of this stemmed from the immature jokes made at his expense. However, after that people started hopping on the bandwagon and milked it, resulting in a lot of really stupid/crap jokes that killed it.

So yeah, I agree with you wholeheartedly on that point.

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:14:58

This is were i started out on the forums. As a spammer/troll under a different username i since had it changed to the current one. But all the OP says is true after a was 13 i slowly made my way out of the general. Most of my posts are now in the Wi/Ht and clubs and crews forums. This place is where alot of youunger users hang out so i am not shocked at all that goes on here.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to General Forum Maturity 2009-07-07 20:15:17

Meh, I look past it.

BBS Signature