00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snootsnoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Portal?

13,168 Views | 134 Replies

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 15:47:50

At 6/5/09 03:26 PM, bob wrote:
At 6/5/09 02:38 PM, ninjakoopa-33 wrote: Yes, you do. You gotta go through approval, like you do in the Audio Portal. Once you've been approved, your art submissions will instantly appear in the Art Portal.
In the Art Portal things will appear immediately on your userpage. Most spammers will submit dozens of images that will sit on their userpage for all the world to see, and that is fine if that's the furthest they want to go. Those images can sit there forever.

So spammers can submit all they want. Fine by me, but shouldn't there be a limit to prevent picture spamming from them? I mean, they could flood their userpage will tons of bad art. Wouldn't that cause some kind of problem?

For true artists, they will submit stuff to their user pages too. Unlike the spammers, however, they will be scouted into the Art Portal. Every single one of their submissions will automatically appear in the Art Portal.

Cool.

The main distinction between the Audio and Art Portals is this: Every single artist who has a submission in the Art Portal can scout anyone. The moderators do not do the scouting, we all do.

So anyone that has already been "scouted" can scout others as well huh? Makes sense.

At 6/5/09 03:27 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: As for stolen art... it's the only thing I auto 30-day ban for ...I don't think there should be any type of warning for it ...in the forums or the portal. It's common sense!

An auto 30-day day ban for one offense? Wow...

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 15:52:03

At 6/5/09 03:26 PM, bob wrote: Let me guess, you learned how to quote people from your Republican parents? Do they watch a lot of Fox News as if it's actually balanced coverage?

And the Colbert Report/Daily Show/Michael Moore's conspiracy theories don't do that? Can we not bring in political criticism to this thread as it's completely irrelevant? Sorry if that came off as rude, sorry.

As for the art portal, it sounds awesome! I can't wait to be able to submit my drawings and graphics into Newgrounds as I don't really have any skills in animation or audio. Though has anyone touched on the possible release of a literature portal? I know that art is more of a priority but I don't even know if the Lit portal is a myth or a possibility.

Emote mod. Contact me for emote moderation.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 15:53:16

I better go scan some stuffs!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 16:01:47

At 6/5/09 03:52 PM, Gateau wrote: Though has anyone touched on the possible release of a literature portal? I know that art is more of a priority but I don't even know if the Lit portal is a myth or a possibility.

There has been talk that a Literature Portal will come out. I believe it's true, though no telling when that will be complete. Who knows? Maybe the Chat will come out before the Lit Portal.

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 16:03:12

So what can we expect on size restrictions?

I'd assume much much larger than the forums or none at all right?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 16:23:35

At 6/5/09 04:02 PM, deckheadtottie wrote:
At 6/5/09 03:47 PM, ninjakoopa-33 wrote: An auto 30-day day ban for one offense? Wow...
She initially wanted your hands to be chopped off, so consider that a fair compromise.

Fair enough then...

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 16:23:37

At 6/5/09 03:26 PM, bob wrote: Bad art, like stick figures and the like, will simply exist on a userpage.

hey guises, party in my userpage when this baby launches lololololo

mah page will look a lil' something like dizzz:

Art Portal?

Wakka wakka

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 16:40:20

At 6/5/09 04:29 PM, zNelson24 wrote: (I took my partial sentence from a forum post, not your FAQs). Feel free to scream and spit on me about how I FAIL TO QUOTE THE ENTIRE POST!

It's like a god damned game of Telephone around here! :P

That's it, NO MORE QUOTING ANYBODY!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 16:42:06

i am waiting for an art and a literature portal since i signed up. it just seems tom doesnt care bout us anymore.

PSN username - UnreaK745 / PM me for similar sig.

Visit my page, cocksuckah.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 16:42:57

theres gonna be a lot of cock jokes in this art portal.

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 16:45:51

At 6/5/09 04:40 PM, bob wrote: It's like a god damned Telephone here! :P

That's it, NO MORE ANYBODY!

*gasp*!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 17:02:45

At 6/5/09 04:49 PM, DarkSytze wrote: is ms paint allowed IF done properly?

I would say so, it's already allowed in the art forum. Now that I said that, what will happen to the art forum when this portal is released?

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 17:20:50

At 6/5/09 04:42 PM, UnreaK745 wrote: i am waiting for an art and a literature portal since i signed up.

I'm sure there are other people here that have been waiting much longer than you. :P

it just seems tom doesnt care bout us anymore.

Tom doesn't care about us? Nonsense!

At 6/5/09 05:02 PM, SeaBoundRhino wrote: Now that I said that, what will happen to the art forum when this portal is released?

My guess is that it will fade away, seeing as their is no use for it with the Art Portal. There will be no need to post artwork in the BBS if we have the Portal y'know.

*gasp*! I quoted two people! =O

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 17:31:18

AWESOME! Great find!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 17:34:41

Art Portal? Can't wait to review all the art there once it's finally released.

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."

What's your fastest reaction time?

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 17:47:50

At 6/5/09 05:20 PM, ninjakoopa-33 wrote:
At 6/5/09 05:02 PM, SeaBoundRhino wrote: Now that I said that, what will happen to the art forum when this portal is released?
My guess is that it will fade away, seeing as their is no use for it with the Art Portal. There will be no need to post artwork in the BBS if we have the Portal y'know.

There's no use for the Flash and Audio forums too right?

It can still be used for art discussion, critiques and questions.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 17:52:01

At 6/5/09 12:16 PM, therealanimator wrote: the so called art portal will be like devianart and..isnt that like copying?! HMMM?

Did you actually bother to find and read the part in the FAQ? It will have an approval system much different then deviantarts system.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 17:57:02

The Art Portal is coming out more sooner than you think

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 18:01:29

im all for the art portal, but it would kinda suck if it ended up like the chat.

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 18:05:40

At 6/5/09 05:47 PM, Imacow wrote: There's no use for the Flash and Audio forums too right?

No, they still have use. The Flash and Audio forums are used for discussion. You discuss techniques in Flash, and programs/recording/techniques in Audio. And also, these forums can be used to organize collabs.

At 6/5/09 05:19 PM, VitaminP wrote: I guess it will be similar to the flash forum; talking about techniques and showing WIPs.

Indeed. Having said that, the Art forum would still have use. What I fear is that the Art forum will become spammed with threads like "SCOUT ME PLZ" as soon as the Art Portal is released. Of course though, we have the forum mods for that.

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 18:07:04

At 6/5/09 05:57 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote: The Art Portal is coming out more sooner than you think

I hope you're right. I really do.

PSN username - UnreaK745 / PM me for similar sig.

Visit my page, cocksuckah.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 18:07:11

At 6/5/09 12:25 PM, TomFulp wrote:
All of these Portals have been on the NG wish list for a very long time.

Well, Tom, where the hells the literature portal, that'll be the only one I'm good at submitting to!

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 18:08:55

At 6/5/09 06:05 PM, ninjakoopa-33 wrote:
At 6/5/09 05:47 PM, Imacow wrote: There's no use for the Flash and Audio forums too right?
No, they still have use. The Flash and Audio forums are used for discussion. You discuss techniques in Flash, and programs/recording/techniques in Audio. And also, these forums can be used to organize collabs.

At 6/5/09 05:19 PM, VitaminP wrote: I guess it will be similar to the flash forum; talking about techniques and showing WIPs.
Indeed. Having said that, the Art forum would still have use. What I fear is that the Art forum will become spammed with threads like "SCOUT ME PLZ" as soon as the Art Portal is released. Of course though, we have the forum mods for that.

Who in their right minds would beg to be scouted? If they were a TRUE artist, they would wait for their art to be noticed.

By the way, how many pictures will be featured on the front page?

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 18:26:03

At 6/5/09 06:08 PM, blazer133 wrote: Who in their right minds would beg to be scouted? If they were a TRUE artist, they would wait for their art to be noticed.

Exactly. IF they were.

I can just see it now. Impatient people and/or noobs will start making threads asking to be scouted, just like people making threads asking for modship. Most likely the people who will make these kind of threads are the ones that haven't read the FAQ.

By the way, how many pictures will be featured on the front page?

Dunno.

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 18:27:54

Oh by the way, if you check back in the FAQ, you can see it's been updated!

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 18:39:11

I think it's great that they are going to put the art on the user page, and I bet it has to do with the rev share. Cause then, more users go to your userpage and see your art, more revenue for you. It's brilliant.

I need to start learning how to draw and make millions now....

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 19:23:10

I didn't see this in the FAQ and it might be an issue. What about submissions that are traced?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 19:26:51

I'll be more intrigued if they come out with a lit portal.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 19:30:20

At 6/5/09 06:07 PM, UnreaK745 wrote:
At 6/5/09 05:57 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote: The Art Portal is coming out more sooner than you think
I hope you're right. I really do.

If the FAQ's already have the Art Portal Q's, then it will soon

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal? 2009-06-05 19:30:22

At 6/5/09 07:00 PM, Heinrich wrote: Will Photoshops be allowed in the Art Portal?
I noticed it said no photographs but if they're Photo-manipulations, will they be allowed?

Oh yeah. You're the Photoshop Enthusiast! :3

If they use images from the internet, or any kind of pre-made images, then I'd have to say no. Now, if everything in said Photoshop was yours, it would be allowed. Really though, I'm not sure.

At 6/5/09 07:23 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: I didn't see this in the FAQ and it might be an issue. What about submissions that are traced?

My guess is that those kind of submissions aren't acceptable. The submission has to be your original work, so tracings wouldn't be allowed.

If they are allowed however, then there would be the issue of deciding whether the submission was traced or not.