00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Punks of Newgrounds

36,811 Views | 528 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-06-26 01:56:09

At 6/25/09 12:22 PM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote: I hate that word so much I could scream, I mean "stoked" what a shitload of fuck.

Eh... the word "Stoked" never bothered me as much as words like "Hospital", or "Dank". They just sound weird.

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-06-26 02:03:08

At 6/26/09 01:56 AM, TheFaces wrote: "Hospital"

Lol, THE HOSTILE HOSPITAL!

Also I got a word that you guys will hate: Flesh

I know so many people that haaaaaate that word.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-06-26 04:47:32

At 6/24/09 05:22 PM, EpicFail wrote: I just want to let you guys know that I might not be with you anymore, it's tough to say what could happen in the near future.

How come? What's making you think of leaving us?

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-06-28 14:56:58

At 6/26/09 04:47 AM, GodsBitch wrote:
At 6/24/09 05:22 PM, EpicFail wrote: I just want to let you guys know that I might not be with you anymore, it's tough to say what could happen in the near future.
How come? What's making you think of leaving us?

Suicide, I've been depressed for the past five years and my depression is getting worse every day, can't handle it anymore, no medication helps, psychiatrists don't help, depression is the worst thing in the world, it's so fucking hard to put up with. I'm surprised I made it this long.

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-06-28 15:11:12

At 6/28/09 02:56 PM, EpicFail wrote: Suicide, I've been depressed for the past five years and my depression is getting worse every day, can't handle it anymore, no medication helps, psychiatrists don't help, depression is the worst thing in the world, it's so fucking hard to put up with. I'm surprised I made it this long.

I'd rather you didn't kill yourself.

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-06-28 20:35:46

At 6/28/09 03:11 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
I'd rather you didn't kill yourself.

That'd make sense yes, but I'll tell you, I have lived a real shitty seventeen years, and my life keeps getting worse and worse, all I have now are drugs and music, and those are just going down for me too. I got nothing after those man.

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-07-02 17:16:20

Well I'm going to be sticking around, things were just really rough the last time I posted, and I see it's been a dead thread... v_v.

I was coming off of a lot of drugs, and I just wanted to blow my head off... I'm okay now though, things are looking up for me, I quit smoking for about 6-7 days, but then last night every body was smoking around me at the park, I was there all day because of Canada Day, and well, I couldn't handle all the people smoking so I had to give in... Hopefully I can get through it though, I'll probably call this pack my last and try again.

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-07-16 23:28:51

At 5/29/09 02:53 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/29/09 02:47 PM, EpicFail wrote: Never really got in to Anti-Flag myself, heard a few songs, I think "This is the End" is by them, yes? That was a good song.
Yeah, that's from For Blood and Empire. Check out "Underground Network", "Angry, Young and Poor", "Captain Anarchy", "A New Kind of Army" and "Turncoat". They're all ace songs. Probably all on Youtube.

meh turncoat not so much some of thier old stuff off new kind of army was good, right on, my fav on that album. well maybe not, god so many fucking good songs. their new album is pretty bad ass too. kinda going mor aggressive and i like it, but since everybody else is making a list i guess i'll follow suit and make one too.

Anti-Flag
Rise Against
Alkaline Trio (I don't think they'd be considered punk ne more tho)
The Unseen
Bad Religion
Screeching Weasel (My Boss Got Me Into Them)
The Vandals (Them Too)
Rancid
Dropkick murphys
Operation Ivy

Ph.D in Kicking Your Ass

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-07-17 01:16:43

At 7/16/09 11:28 PM, UnbridledChaos wrote: Screeching Weasel (My Boss Got Me Into Them)

Every time I mention a punk band where I work everybody just looks at me in confusion. My Manager only listens to Gaytallica, my Assistant Manager only listens to classic rock, and everybody else is Mexican.

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-07-17 01:27:54

At 7/17/09 01:16 AM, TheFaces wrote:
At 7/16/09 11:28 PM, UnbridledChaos wrote: Screeching Weasel (My Boss Got Me Into Them)
Every time I mention a punk band where I work everybody just looks at me in confusion. My Manager only listens to Gaytallica, my Assistant Manager only listens to classic rock, and everybody else is Mexican.

my work's cool like that, my boss was an old school punk, fuckin' purple hawk and everything, his mouth looks like a fuckin' hockey player from all the fights he used to get in and shit, pretty cool dude, lil wierd but he's got good taste in music.

but yeah the rest of my work is basicly mexican, but they're pretty tollerant of my music, i guess the better be tho, i hafta put up with thier crappy accordian music all day, or atleast i used to till i became thier boss and gained controll of the radio, suck it mexicans! and i mean that in the most culturally sensitive way.

but since i'm new here, what's the general talk around here? just ppl saying what punk band they think is best and why everyone elses favs suck?

Ph.D in Kicking Your Ass

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 08:18:44

I just found out that Sham 69 are coming to my town in December. I'm unsure how many of you have heard of this band, but they were pretty big in the UK punk scene 20-30 years ago. The reason I found out is because a local band (of which my dad used to drum for) will be supporting them.

I'm hoping that this gig actually happens. It's been a good while since I was last at a punk gig, and being able to see Sham 69 will be quite a milestone for me, even if they are getting on a bit now. Hopefully I'll be able to get some cheap tickets, since the singer of the local band I previously mentioned tends to hand out a select few to some of the fans.

This thread needed CPR, so I tried my best to help it out again.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 08:58:12

That's fucking sweet God.
I have the opportunity to goto a few hardcore shows this month, not sure if I'm going to go though.

A strong emphasis on underlining.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 09:10:33

I'm a fan of older punk like The Clash and The Buzzcocks.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 09:10:34

At 9/4/09 08:58 AM, Gergaloth wrote: That's fucking sweet God.
I have the opportunity to goto a few hardcore shows this month, not sure if I'm going to go though.

You should go. I wish I had more opportunities to go to gigs. None of my mates have the same music taste as me, and most won't accompany me to gigs so I really prefer to not go. I'm hoping that once I start university (tomorrow) I bump into a few people who like real punk.

I also forgot to mention that my music collection just went up by 68 CDs last night. For some reason my dad decided to give me a good majority of his CDs, which surprised me as I know how much he loves his music. Although not really punk, I've took a liking to Andrew W.K.'s work which I only just discovered last night.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 09:28:59

I went to Leeds Festival last weekend, one of the stages closed with Anti-Flag then Billy Talent. It was so good, the atmosphere was immense for both bands, everyone singing along and a huge circle pit (not for me ;X).

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 09:41:24

I've not been to a gig since Stiff Little Fingers in March, and probably won't go to one again until The Pogues in December.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 09:53:23

At 9/4/09 09:41 AM, TheMaster wrote: I've not been to a gig since Stiff Little Fingers in March, and probably won't go to one again until The Pogues in December.

I've never seen Stiff Little Fingers live myself, but they too are amongst my favourite bands and seeing them live is on my list of things to do before I die. Inflammable Material has to be one of my favourite albums to come from the entire punk scene. My current album of choice is Battle Scared by Condemned 84. Love that band, but only recently got into them.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 09:57:41

At 9/4/09 09:53 AM, GodsBitch wrote: I've never seen Stiff Little Fingers live myself, but they too are amongst my favourite bands and seeing them live is on my list of things to do before I die. Inflammable Material has to be one of my favourite albums to come from the entire punk scene.

I've seen them 3 times. They play Glasgow on Saint Patrick's Day every year, and Newcastle and Belfast either side of it (so, Newcastle on the 16th or 18th every year), so I've been going to the Newcastle gig for the last 3 years.

First time I saw them, it was their 30th anniversary tour, and they did Inflammable Material start to finish. It was probably the best gig I've ever been to.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 10:03:51

At 9/4/09 09:57 AM, TheMaster wrote: I've seen them 3 times. They play Glasgow on Saint Patrick's Day every year, and Newcastle and Belfast either side of it (so, Newcastle on the 16th or 18th every year), so I've been going to the Newcastle gig for the last 3 years.

First time I saw them, it was their 30th anniversary tour, and they did Inflammable Material start to finish. It was probably the best gig I've ever been to.

I'd love to go to either the Glasgow or Newcastle gig at some point. Not sure which is closest to me though. My problem, which I previously mentioned, is that I have nobody to go with. When I do go to punk gigs it's always with my dad and his crew, who are about 25 years older than me. Nothing wrong with them like, it's just I'd prefer to be around people of my own age.

I really wanted to go to the Rebellion Festival in Blackpool this summer, but I missed out on that too. I'll hopefully be able to go next summer, even if it is with my dad. I really think I'd enjoy it a lot more than any of the other British music festivals that are on through the summer.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 10:28:13

Just so you guys know, seeing as this may mean something to you:

Epicfail has left Newgrounds, I am not sure if it will be temporary, or forever. I am his older brother in Florida, we talk all the time, and he just wanted me to let you guys know that he will miss you, thanks for everything, and so on.
He hopes the club can stay alive though of course.

A strong emphasis on underlining.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-04 10:43:28

At 9/4/09 10:28 AM, Gergaloth wrote: Just so you guys know, seeing as this may mean something to you:

Epicfail has left Newgrounds, I am not sure if it will be temporary, or forever. I am his older brother in Florida, we talk all the time, and he just wanted me to let you guys know that he will miss you, thanks for everything, and so on.
He hopes the club can stay alive though of course.

I just PMed him an hour or so ago to let him know that I was going to be trying to revive this group, and to wish him well. Shame that he's leaving, he seemed a really decent guy.

Tell him I say "hello" anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-08 02:05:26

Ah well...

Anyone like AUstralian Punk? Like Frenzal Rhomb?

Play my game, Jade Wolf!

It's a tribute to Sonic the Hedgehog, with elements of Ecco the Dolphin included. Heaps to explore, heaps to do!

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-08 08:14:40

At 9/8/09 02:05 AM, SeditionGames wrote: Ah well...

Anyone like AUstralian Punk? Like Frenzal Rhomb?

I can't actually think of any punk bands from Australia that I listen to at all. Not to say I wouldn't like them, it's just that I've never before thought to look into the Australian punk scene.

I'm sure if you could list me a few decent bands I'd become a fan. Keeping in mind that my main interests in punk have a UK82 or Oi! sound to them.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-10 14:01:16

Hey guys, I was away for a bit, I plan on staying, I was in a bit of a pickle with my life, and going through some rough times. I found my light at the end of the tunnel though, and things are going to be going swell from now on I hope.

Glad to see a few of you are still putting an effort in to the club, it means a lot.

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-10 14:39:26

I've been getting into Rise Against recently, mostly thanks to Rock Band 2. Savior is an ace song.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-10 15:19:27

At 9/10/09 02:39 PM, TheMaster wrote: I've been getting into Rise Against recently, mostly thanks to Rock Band 2. Savior is an ace song.

I've been getting into Riot Squad recently. Again, it's one of these bands that only people who have knowledge of the true British punk scene will have heard of. I always feel slightly sad knowing that I missed out punk when it was at it's height. All I have to go on are the "stories" that my dad tells me and the music that was been left behind.

I don't believe that punk is dead or that punk can die, but it's definitely nothing like it used to be. There aren't all that many modern punk bands that I follow. I've always stuck by the bands from the glory years.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-10 15:29:52

Honestly, I'm glad I'm around now rather than then. My favourite sub-genre of punk, celtic punk, only began in the 80s with the Pogues, and only started to emerge as an actual genre rather than just "that stuff The Pogues play" in the 90s. All the big bands in the genre, like Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, The Tossers and whatnot are still around now, and even The Pogues themselves are still going.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-10 16:07:33

Punk won't die, nothing dies.
No genre of music is really dead, sure, some people let it die DOWN, but it never does actually DIE.
Punk won't die, I know that punk won't.
It's influenced a lot of bands today, seeing as Nirvana for example had a shit load of punk inspiration, and a fuck load of bands are inspired by Nirvana, Punk has basically inspired many bands in that way.

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-18 00:31:15

At 9/10/09 03:29 PM, TheMaster wrote: Honestly, I'm glad I'm around now rather than then. My favourite sub-genre of punk, celtic punk, only began in the 80s with the Pogues, and only started to emerge as an actual genre rather than just "that stuff The Pogues play" in the 90s. All the big bands in the genre, like Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, The Tossers and whatnot are still around now, and even The Pogues themselves are still going.

You like Flatfoot 56? There are a bunch of other great celtic punk bands out there. Flatfoot i think will make it in the books as celtic greats like the Pogues, Dropkick, and Flogging Molly.

Is it cool if i join the punks of newgrounds?

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Punks of Newgrounds 2009-09-21 11:04:32

Of course you can join Lambo.

I been homeless for the past 10 - 11 days now, I haven't had a chance to come online and make any posts, sorry about that guys.