00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heretoplayarnd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Portal Down

19,432 Views | 219 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 11:48:48

I thought I had a huge fuck up with my broadband, any way its good to know its the server thats down and not my internet

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 11:52:32

NO NEWGROUNDS MAKE PUNKERLOCK GO CRAZY

Portal Down

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 11:54:54

That's a relief. I thought it was my connection. I think it would be a good idea to disable votes/reviews for the moment, because, like many others have already said, it's not fair to the authors.

Why is the voting panel appearing instantly instead of when the movie loads, anyway?

Time: 11:54 AM EST - still down here

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 11:56:01

Well voting was only up for a about two minutes for me before it got disabled.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 11:57:43

Hope it gets fixed soon mate, cant wait to get to my next level and now i have to wait longer, dammit.

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 11:58:27

Thought it was my computer. Glad its not. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 11:59:49

Reviewing should be disabled as well, too much crap about how "OMFG THIS SHULD BE DEL3TED BCOZ LINK NO WROK!"

I blame internet explorer for giving crappy error messages no-one understands.

Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:05:27

okay! i just joined NG and near nothing would work, i was wondering what was happening, so i read this.

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:08:17

I really do hope that it goes away quick and that everything will be fixed as soon as possible ! Because I really really really wanna watch submissions ! :(
Oh well ... Life is life ...
Newgrounds is life ... Hive of life ...

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:09:25

oh and i voted a 0 on one submission but there was only 8 reviews, and they all seemed a little bad, and tooken before today, and i voted 5 on to movies i seen before today, is that okay?

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:12:25

That's cool! I've got other stuff to do anyway. Thanks for breaking my Newgrounds habit...for today.

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:21:34

I guess, but it sucks though, I have nothing to do while im bored with my site now.

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:23:35

Hey it may be an inconvience, but if the portal's back up later and working fine, I really doon't care. If you think it's a good precaution before the portal goes back up, more power too you.

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:24:29

At 1/18/04 11:32 AM, ramagi wrote: I swear there are a bunch of idiots out there. Who have no idea how to read the front page.
Wade you should turn reviews off maybe for a while, if possible. I am getting tired of seeing reviews saying the movies won't load. Those reviews really are not fair to the movie or the author. I am sure it will all iron out in a while. I already marking them.

I e-mailed a few that were giving 0s to Mani Golf while I was reviewing it earlier (I helped save it back on the day the 200 vote system started, and I had a copy on my hard drive, so I could still watch it).

Not that it will help, really. But it's even more amazing that not only are people seeing ONE flash not work and giving it a stupid, abusive, pointless, 0 review... but then they go on to another movie and give IT a 0, as well. Don't they have BRAINS? Christ.

Anywho, turning off the voting may have been the best way to stop people from voting 0s on already protected movies (but I doubt that was a HUGE problem)... but couldn't shutting down new submissions for now have fixed the problem of people blamming stuff wrongly, too?

I just wish that the watch movie links would use the IP of the server for today, instead of trying to force through the ungrounded.net address which brings DNS into it. Wouldn't it have been possible to temporarily use the raw IP of the server until ALL DNS has been updated?

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:25:15

Has the submit flash page been disabled? If not, I think it should be, there are 53 entries under judgement right now.

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:31:46

At 1/18/04 11:48 AM, Johnchristie wrote: I thought I had a huge fuck up with my broadband, any way its good to know its the server thats down and not my internet
At 1/18/04 11:54 AM, 00_Agent_Kid wrote: That's a relief. I thought it was my connection. I think it would be a good idea to disable votes/reviews for the moment, because, like many others have already said, it's not fair to the authors.

Why is the voting panel appearing instantly instead of when the movie loads, anyway?

Time: 11:54 AM EST - still down here
At 1/18/04 11:58 AM, Aleks777 wrote: Thought it was my computer. Glad its not. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Why does everyone instantly assume it's either:

A) the fault of the one movie they're currently trying to watch
B) their computer/internet's fault
C) a hacking attack

I just don't get it. Go click a watch the movie link, people. See how it says ungrounded.net instead of uploads.newgrounds.com?

That's a CLUE... a HINT, that perhaps liljim was up early this morning working on changing the security for flash movies on the portal, so that all the crap of the past week or so won't happen again.

Crap like people's names and passwords getting changed (yesterday).

Crap like movies autovoting themselves up (all this week).

Crap like a movie causing everyone who sees it to autoreview one of LF's movies or autopost on the BBS (a week ago).

If you just came to NG for the first time in weeks, it'd be one thing. But most of the people instantly assuming one of those three worst case scenarios up there KNOW what's been going on, and they're not using their powers of observation. LOOK, people. Then THINK.

At 1/18/04 11:57 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Hope it gets fixed soon mate, cant wait to get to my next level and now i have to wait longer, dammit.

Too bad you weren't around just an hour or so earlier. You could have voted on movies from the top 50 for your exp.

At 1/18/04 11:59 AM, Haravikk wrote: Reviewing should be disabled as well, too much crap about how "OMFG THIS SHULD BE DEL3TED BCOZ LINK NO WROK!"

I blame internet explorer for giving crappy error messages no-one understands.

IE just said that the server was unreachable due to DNS or whatever. That's pretty accurate, actually.

And yeah, I'm tired of the damned reviews, as well.

(sigh) Anyway. Today looks like a good day to take a break from NG for a good chunk. I was planning on going to the zoo anyway. See everyone tomorrow.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:34:03

At 1/18/04 12:25 PM, MagicalMusicalMonkey wrote: Has the submit flash page been disabled? If not, I think it should be, there are 53 entries under judgement right now.

yeah, exactly. After shutting down reviewing, I'd think that would be the second highest priority, and THIRD would be doing something about voting being disabled. anywho, I'm out. Good luck with fixing this, Wade, Tom, and James. :::crosses fingers:::

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:34:25

Ah good, so it's not my pc... Well, I think it's good you do this, only try to inform us next time, so we won't have any reason for panic ;)

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:35:09

Wade, it's arlight man. We all know its for our security. But this is to the douche bags out there that are doing this. Fuck you, you little stupid bitches! You think its funny to make the people here at Newgrounds life difficult? How 'bout I come over to your house and break your face into your computer?!?! Big bad super hacker cant be caught? NG should to a search on every submission, just to catch you! You should be happy, you lonely, attention wanting little asshole!

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:39:51

At 1/18/04 12:34 PM, sjoerdje wrote: Ah good, so it's not my pc... Well, I think it's good you do this, only try to inform us next time, so we won't have any reason for panic ;)

Dude he did inform us dont you look on the front page?

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:43:38

At 1/18/04 12:34 PM, gfoxcook wrote:

yeah, exactly. After shutting down reviewing, I'd think that would be the second highest priority, and THIRD would be doing something about voting being disabled. anywho, I'm out. Good luck with fixing this, Wade, Tom, and James. :::crosses fingers:::

Well look like Wade got the msg I havn't seen any new reviews in the last half hour. :) aim me :)

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:47:47

Well I hope it will be on soon because without newgrounds I will lose it, because there is nothing else to do on the net.

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:50:31

In the name of security it is a must, and I give my full support for the fix if it helps to stop account hijacking (because my friend was a victim yeaterday).

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:51:48

Wow, I haven't been here for a while now, and then this has to happen right when I come back....although maybe thats good that I haven't been here, my account is not stolen at least.........

Hopefully this will be solved soon, because I see over 50 entries under judgement, I can't wait for those blam/save points:).

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 12:57:30

Damn, and i wanted to watch something to pass the evening.

hope it gets fixed soon or if i get bored and might make a flash movie while its down.

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 13:03:05

Holy Macaroni !
You people take a look at that under judgement list ! It's getting bigger and bigger and bigger ! I don't know but I think people are taking advantage of people not being allowed to vote, so they submit loads of movies, and when voting system is back up, they hope that we won't vote severely because of the whole thingy and in order to not lose points !
... that list is really huge ...

I'm going to take a shower, and I hope the voting will not be reimplemented while I'm in there ! :-P

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 13:06:35

Yeah, the list is huge,
I WANNA VOTE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 13:07:36

I'll just bang my head against the wall, sob uncontrollably, and try to be patient until the portal again. :-)

a.k.a. Mary

My NG Wiki Page

"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 13:09:33

WHAT can i do else then checkin' newgrounds....

Response to Portal Down 2004-01-18 13:10:51

wow... I was going to vote 0 on one entry.. but firts I was going to review it.. and it's bloked, so I started to chek if any entry can be shown..

I hope it doesn't take to long :(

Portal Down