00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hellpix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question about music

1,085 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Question about music 2009-05-04 16:16:12

Ok well i have seen so many people post awsome music on Newgrounds that them make from scratch and they are music of all genres and i was wondering what program do all you music makers use? because i would liek to compose music of my own, i have see and used the demo for fruity loop studio and thought that waspretty good but the demo does not allow me to save my work. i need some sort of prgram that makes music that i can then upload onto the Newgrounds audio portal that is the right file type and such, also it needs to be free since i don't have any money to buy FL studio, otherwise i wouldn't be posting this question.

thank you to all who reply with an answr and not "Go out and but this $400 music making software", because this would be just an extra hobby, but i am curious as to what everyone uses.
-Metroid331

Response to Question about music 2009-05-04 16:24:05

Not to be a dick, but someone asks this question here just about every day. Go here

It should answer your question, as well as providing links to DAWs, free or otherwise.

Response to Question about music 2009-05-04 16:29:00

ya sorry i just found that link but i thank you for the help.

Response to Question about music 2009-05-04 19:11:17

We use multiple DAWs, mainly FL Studio and Reason.

Nice sig gor.

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature

Response to Question about music 2009-05-04 19:31:51

it depends if you like dark chocolate or regular chocolate? ay?

BBS Signature

Response to Question about music 2009-05-04 19:44:01

Try this list, see if you recognize a few names. Even if you don't you can listen to some music by a few of the artists on the list to make some comparisons (but keep skill level in mind also).

A bit of general advice: there's no all-around best program that will let you make the best music; so look for a DAW that suits your needs and workflow. I suggest you try a few demos and pick the program that suits you most, and the links you've been given in this thread are some good places to start.

BBS Signature

Response to Question about music 2009-05-04 20:05:34

If it's saving you're worried about, just export your song as a midi. It's the poor person's saving.

Response to Question about music 2009-05-04 22:19:14

this bothers me. since when did people want to make music for 'free'? because all the free ones aren't so good.

and believe, a lot of people on newgrounds use fruity loops presets if they use fruity loops. they do not make stuff from scratch. lol.

Response to Question about music 2009-05-04 22:44:04

Theres actually lots of great free ones.

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature

Response to Question about music 2009-05-04 22:50:26

At 5/4/09 10:19 PM, Sungazer wrote: this bothers me. since when did people want to make music for 'free'? because all the free ones aren't so good.

It's how you use the software.

However, a lot of different software offers shortcuts, effects, synths and better preformance with your system.

But in the end, it's always how it sounds.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature