00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Errors, errors, errors...

6,919 Views | 82 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 16:45:12

I personaly only got 1 error, getting here and posting this...

I just hope this is all resolved, last few days Ive been on its been perfect, well it WAS 12 a.m. but hey!

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 16:45:30

At 1/12/04 04:38 PM, BlazingAzn88 wrote: What the hell is the problem? Ive been getting so many errors. i cant rate and review flash movies and i remember the good all days when the site didnt have crap like this. Im not blaming it on you i just wanted to voice my opinion being a person reviewing Flash for about two or three years. It doesnt show on my profile cuz i really was not into the rating stuff. Plz for the sake of reviewers like me get this problem fixed asap!

Ah-Ha, I find it hilarious that you don't have a single review or a B/S point. You've been doing a lot of work there buddy!

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 17:03:41

I hope you take care of these errors soon because they've been getting really bad lately. Every time I go on a new page, the error message comes up and I gotta refresh about 30 times. I think that's a little much. I know alot of people who are complaining about the errors.

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 17:10:38

i got over 20 errors just trying to look at this topic. im going to take a break from the site for now until they slow down.

BBS Signature

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 17:12:29

great news. i certainly hope hope these errors go away soon, i got about 7 while trying to access this page and 2 trying to post this message :(

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 17:35:08

Good news for the the future I guess. In the mean time, remember to get a little sleep between efforts at sorting out the site. 'Tis appreciated. :)

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 17:51:59

I got about 10 errors trying to load a single portal entry :(

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 17:54:32

At 1/12/04 03:46 PM, TomFulp wrote: Well, it turns out the site is still getting tons of errors now that traffic has picked up a bit.

it took 5 mins to post this. please sort it out :)

being a 56k user it's an especially bad problem.

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 17:56:51

Error - missing required parameters ..............? Seems to me there is some sort of underground sever spam. It weird for it to be like this at such an extent. Computer severs dont go nuts like this, just a thought.

Like pears in rain.

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 17:58:43

I wonder when is that "Near Future".
Everything that Tom says would make the site better, I await !
I also hope you guys can fix the glitch that makes all the "Errors", because as far as I can see, people are getting annoyed and can't wait. I can, but it'll always be better without them.
Hope it's also going well with all the Alien Hominid stuff.

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:01:59

At 1/12/04 03:46 PM, TomFulp wrote: Yay!

Yay! Sounds good, hope to see those errors gone, and a better Newgrounds.

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:15:34

That's good to know keep us updated so we know whats going on.

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:21:29

I logged in 3 mins ago and seems the site is running fine for me. No Errors yet.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:24:00

I havn't had any errors with movies or games, but the BBS has errors just about every time I try to load a page. It is VERY annoying and I think that since it is a big problem that it should get fixed soon. In fact, I am probably gonna have another problem trying to post this, because I tried already and it had an "internal error" and so I had to retype it all.

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:26:40

I'm noticing the site getting more and more erroneus as the days go by...really gets annoying...
I think you should possibly consider even more bandwidth, an extra gig or so should clear up a good handful of errors, 10 gig could possibly clear up 1/10 of them.
I'm just worried that the errors may kill alot of flash movie views...took my movie about 5 hours to leave judgement...

I'm back!

Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:36:03

Its more than extreme load errors for me (although those are numerous) movies are completely refusing to load. And it seems to be just the movies on the ng database as i just checked pico and ufd and samurai asshole still work fine

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:36:54

Well I had to get on to ng by going to another area because it wouldn't let me in I was taken to a blank skreen and told my it was done loding I almost gave up good luck fixing the problem.

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:37:46

well, i guess that means there's a light at the end of the tunnel, with MySQL new features in clustering. yay!

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:39:14

I never had so many errors than tonight.
I even had some errors that I hadn't seen before saying that there were missing parameters.

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:40:40

Here's what the posessed Newgrounds servers REALLY want to say! :)

Errors, errors, errors...

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:42:23

At 1/12/04 06:40 PM, TheComet wrote: Here's what the posessed Newgrounds servers REALLY want to say! :)

That's not supposed to be Anti-NG...before you guys go yelling!
It's just a little pic I screwed around with! I hope I never see that error! :P
Fix them errors To and fix em good!(hands Tom a shotgun)

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:49:20

hi Tom I'm getting alot of errors in the portal when I click a link to a movie/game there's a load time error the speed is awsome though Hope you get It resloved soon

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 18:51:53

hurry man!

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 19:10:26

At 1/12/04 06:26 PM, TheComet wrote: I'm noticing the site getting more and more erroneus as the days go by...really gets annoying...
I think you should possibly consider even more bandwidth, an extra gig or so should clear up a good handful of errors, 10 gig could possibly clear up 1/10 of them.
I'm just worried that the errors may kill alot of flash movie views...took my movie about 5 hours to leave judgement...

It is not a bandwidth or webserver issue - it is related to the connections on our database server maxing out before they reach the set limit. Once we solve this, the change should be very noticeable.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 19:23:54

At 1/12/04 03:46 PM, TomFulp wrote: Well, it turns out the site is still getting tons of errors now that traffic has picked up a bit. We're still working on it. We think we have pinpointed the problem, but have yet to fix it.

Here's some exciting news... In the near future, MySQL will be able to support clustering. This means we can balance the database load over multiple servers, whereas before we could not. Our current database server is theoretically strong enough to handle the current load (once we fix the configuration issues), but it will become a bottleneck as the site grows. MySQL clustering will ensure that the site can keep growing to meet demand. Yay!

It's about bloody time, most large severs with have a stack of thin little severs in trays, all networked togetther making one super computer.

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 19:24:11

I honestly don't know if that last post I tried to put up went through, but I'm going to reitterate just in case as I'm afraid I'll get 100 more errors if I try to check.
The problem with the server has honestly gotten out of hand, Tom. NG is self destructing as I speak, and as I consider this the greatest site on the Net, such an event would be as unfortunate as they come.
Perhaps the morons who submit bullshit stick figure movies and the like, should have their asses handed to them from now on as they're clearly contributing to the server problem without at least contributing to the quality of the NewGrounds Flash database.

On a side note: At least all the pop-up's are working perfectly fine! Haven't had a single advertisement error yet.

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 19:29:34

some reason today im getting tons and tons of error pages its taken me 21 times to just print this lil thing here to let u know about it

Dark Kisses In Sweet Places

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 19:57:01

If i get one more error message i'm gonna beat my mother

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 20:33:05

Tom I have not been getting as many errors now how long well it take you to fix this?

Response to Errors, errors, errors... 2004-01-12 20:35:53

yeah, when more than 50 users are online, it seems i have to reload the page 5 times before i can post anything. but if these things are being worked on, that's great!

BBS Signature