00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dexxterzlab just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

200 Vote Goodness

7,290 Views | 82 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 21:44:15

At 1/10/04 09:31 PM, EsplinTheVampire wrote: stuff

you got everything all wrong man, you see the errors not because of all of the movies on NG, but because of the INSANE amount of traffic that comes to this site. there could be a 500 TRILLION movies on NG and it wont effect NG bandwith at all. its all in the traffic my friend. NG needs more servers BADLY! tom said more is on the way, so lets hope that comes soon :)

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 22:26:08

I just voted on 100... that's all I could bear to sit through. I've rubbed the letters "F5" off my F5 key over the past week.

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 01:21:13

At 1/10/04 09:44 PM, Toocool100 wrote:
At 1/10/04 09:31 PM, EsplinTheVampire wrote: stuff
you got everything all wrong man, you see the errors not because of all of the movies on NG, but because of the INSANE amount of traffic that comes to this site. there could be a 500 TRILLION movies on NG and it wont effect NG bandwith at all. its all in the traffic my friend. NG needs more servers BADLY! tom said more is on the way, so lets hope that comes soon :)

ok...thanks to an ERROR i have to type this again.....ok sorry i mixed up some stuff there.....im glad about the new server thing.but theres alot of stuff on ng's i still think they should up the score needed to pass.but thats just me.

As for a point i was bringing up as this message was deleted by an ERROR i think that over the years ng's has made itself too popular(weird concept) i think that ng's needs to be majorly updated and upgraded and the first reply i would get for that would be about $ or that u have other(more imortant stuff to do)stuff like pico2 or alien hominind to do and thats true but why not try to raise money to help pay for stuff with merchandise stickers are gewd but cmon i would fill my house with ng's stuff if possible.i was trying for(ima bum dont yell at me for my bumness)prying $5 out of my parents a week for werk i would do(im still not able to get a job so dont yell at my bumnesss)for stickers that doesnt seem like much but this about it in a year.....52x5......$260 ok and i duhno prices for stickers but if more ppl did sometin like that it would be awesome.come up with some merchandise that can be bought offline and i'll try to get real money to help bring ng's out of what i am calling a "rut"(MISSPELLED i think) because look at some of the game and series pages half of the pages on ng's are still the old set up. i wanna help contribute to wat i think is the biggest problem ng's has....UPDATING IT!!!

now i go to copy this so i wont lose it if the error comes up...

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 03:07:49

At 1/10/04 08:03 PM, Toocool100 wrote: OMG DOGMA IS BACK!! where have you been?

Hiding out :-P

Things got extremely hectic around here shortly after the last rank list I posted (early September), so much so I even managed to miss a few weeks of deposits. One crisis after another reared its head, plus all the usual time consuming holiday/family stuff showed up every time I thought I got myself some breathing room. At present I'm down to a mere seven major items on the "To Do" list, including moving out of this insane tax bracket in New York. That's actually number one. When I pay more in state taxes than a lot of people make, it's definitely time to find someplace else to live. It'll be at least another three months until I can clear my list enough to get back up to my old speed ... which will likely be about the time I get yet more dropped in my lap lol

Oh well, hopefully by the summer, I'll at least end up with enough time to stop by the forums and chat occasionally. In the interim, I'm at least able to help vote this stuff through, so I'll work that 183 group with you.

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 03:24:34

At 1/11/04 01:21 AM, EsplinTheVampire wrote: ok...thanks to an ERROR i have to type this again.....ok sorry i mixed up some stuff there.....im glad about the new server thing.but theres alot of stuff on ng's i still think they should up the score needed to pass.but thats just me.

As for a point i was bringing up as this message was deleted by an ERROR

(snip)

The way to make sure those... ERRORS... don't affect your BBS experience is to ALWAYS ctrl-c your text before you try to post. That way if anything happens, you'll be able to paste the text back in. I do it almost every time I post something more than a few lines long, because while it takes some extra time to do, it is far less frustrating than losing a post to an error.

At 1/11/04 03:07 AM, D0GMA wrote:
At 1/10/04 08:03 PM, Toocool100 wrote: OMG DOGMA IS BACK!! where have you been?
Hiding out :-P

Things got extremely hectic around here shortly after the last rank list I posted (early September), so much so I even managed to miss a few weeks of deposits.

Yeah, but I mailed you in October or early November or something, and you said you'd be back on the BBS a couple weeks later. Hmph! #;-}>

One crisis after another reared its head, plus all the usual time consuming holiday/family stuff showed up every time I thought I got myself some breathing room.

ahhh. You know, everyone thought you weren't coming on the BBS because you didn't want people yelling at you to an update. But LockClock took over that anyway, so... it's not like they would have, most likely.

Still, the fact that you were still getting plenty of b/p and even reviewing made it look even more that way. Come on, man. #;-}>

At present I'm down to a mere seven major items on the "To Do" list, including moving out of this insane tax bracket in New York. That's actually number one. When I pay more in state taxes than a lot of people make, it's definitely time to find someplace else to live.

Texas has no state income tax. There ya go. #;-}>

It'll be at least another three months until I can clear my list enough to get back up to my old speed ... which will likely be about the time I get yet more dropped in my lap lol

Oh well, hopefully by the summer, I'll at least end up with enough time to stop by the forums and chat occasionally. In the interim, I'm at least able to help vote this stuff through, so I'll work that 183 group with you.

eh... just get yer list narrower. It doesn't have to be completely empty of things to drop by and just say hi in level up!, yanno. Anyway, good to see a couple posts from you, even if they're in a news topic. :::tips hat:::

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 03:48:49

At 1/11/04 03:24 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/11/04 01:21 AM, EsplinTheVampire wrote: ok...thanks to an ERROR i have to type this again.....ok sorry i mixed up some stuff there.....im glad about the new server thing.but theres alot of stuff on ng's i still think they should up the score needed to pass.but thats just me.

As for a point i was bringing up as this message was deleted by an ERROR
(snip)
The way to make sure those... ERRORS... don't affect your BBS experience is to ALWAYS ctrl-c your text before you try to post. That way if anything happens, you'll be able to paste the text back in. I do it almost every time I post something more than a few lines long, because while it takes some extra time to do, it is far less frustrating than losing a post to an error.

yea thanks i just forgot and i had wrote a HUGE post and i lost it...i was(am still)deprived uv sleep and was(still but not as bad) angry at the errors.....im actually mad ppl now about ng's.....and im the one trying to make it to the top on sticker orders,to help ng's......arrg i need sleep,or caffine...im deprived uf both

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 04:51:06

well, i'm voting on a lot of submissions on the list, but each time i refresh to see how much the numbers had decreased, i don't see any difference. I still continue to vote but i would vote more if i would see other people voting. c'mon people, that list isn't gonna decrease by itself! I mean jesus, since yesterday to now i've only seen a 200 vote difference! On a site this big that isn't a whole lot!

200 Vote Goodness

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 05:03:18

At 1/11/04 04:51 AM, kristof88 wrote: well, i'm voting on a lot of submissions on the list, but each time i refresh to see how much the numbers had decreased, i don't see any difference. I still continue to vote but i would vote more if i would see other people voting. c'mon people, that list isn't gonna decrease by itself! I mean jesus, since yesterday to now i've only seen a 200 vote difference! On a site this big that isn't a whole lot!

that's because of the errors a lot of people had been having over the past day or so... with NG thinking they'd already voted on entries when they hadn't that day. Things should get better from now on, but hey... I dunno WHEN yesterday you're measuring from, but last time I checked the templist, it was around 125,000 votes left, and it says 115,000 now. That's 10,000, and that's plenty for a whole day or so.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 05:03:33

At 1/11/04 04:51 AM, kristof88 wrote: since yesterday to now i've only seen a 200 vote difference! On a site this big that isn't a whole lot!

I think you're looking at how many submissions are left. There have been many more than 200 votes casted on that since yesterday. Hell, in the past 20 minutes I've voted on about 1,000. And a 200 submission difference in less than a day is a HUGE accomplishment, before it got to less than 9,000 there would only be about 50-100 or so knocked off in a day.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 05:22:15

At 1/11/04 05:03 AM, BlueOysterCult wrote:
At 1/11/04 04:51 AM, kristof88 wrote: since yesterday to now i've only seen a 200 vote difference! On a site this big that isn't a whole lot!
I think you're looking at how many submissions are left. There have been many more than 200 votes casted on that since yesterday.

umm yeah that was what i meant to say, sorry. but 200 out of 8000(okay a bit less) is still not THAT many. and i also have a question. do new submissions also appear in that list? because if they would the list would grow instead of shrink. so my suggestion is(if it is that they keep getting added there):why not close the submission link for 1-2 days or so, and instead of submitting a new movie you get to a text that says something like "tomorrow you will all be able to submit new stuff, but in the meantime, go vote on these old submissions!". i dunno it's just an idea.

200 Vote Goodness

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 05:28:46

At 1/11/04 05:22 AM, kristof88 wrote:
At 1/11/04 05:03 AM, BlueOysterCult wrote:
I think you're looking at how many submissions are left. There have been many more than 200 votes casted on that since yesterday.
umm yeah that was what i meant to say, sorry. but 200 out of 8000(okay a bit less) is still not THAT many.

You're missing the point. We started off with 15,000+ flashes under 200 votes, and every single flash that's been protected since September has gone through the list and up to 200 as well, which probably means it was more like 20,000 to 25,000 flashes that we've had to work on. Only 8000 remains. That's a LOW number. Plus, it's all about the votes. When we started out, it was over 650,000 votes needed to get all those tens of thousands of movies up to 200, and over the past four months--again, counting all the new movies that have come through as well--we've probably voted over 1,000,000 times on movies with under 200 votes.

and now barely 100,000 votes remain. That's a very low number that will soon be achieved. Like I said, it was at 125,000 yesterday, and it's just passing 115,000 now. 10,000 a day means it'd be done within 2 weeks. No problem.

and i also have a question. do new submissions also appear in that list? because if they would the list would grow instead of shrink. so my suggestion is(if it is that they keep getting added there):why not close the submission link for 1-2 days or so, and instead of submitting a new movie you get to a text that says something like "tomorrow you will all be able to submit new stuff, but in the meantime, go vote on these old submissions!". i dunno it's just an idea.

Once new movies get to 183 or now it's 184 I guess... yes, they pop onto the list. But no, that's not a good idea. It would inconvenience both the flash authors who want to submit work and the viewers and voters who want to see and vote on it.

People suggested closing the submit flash link back in September or October.

Now, while this process wouldn't have taken 4+ months if we had done that, it certainly wouldn't have taken 1-2 days. Do you think it would have been worth the portal basically being closed down for several weeks to get this done quicker? Probably not.

And now, at the end, things are going along quite quickly, so there's certainly no need to stop things now. Just as freeway construction often goes on while traffic goes by, so too does this project go on while the portal remains open for business.

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 05:42:37

:At 1/11/04 05:28 AM, gfoxcook wrote: (i'm not gonna put all this in here)

well, i guess your right...

200 Vote Goodness

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 09:24:27

At 1/11/04 05:28 AM, gfoxcook wrote:

and now barely 100,000 votes remain. That's a very low number that will soon be achieved. Like I said, it was at 125,000 yesterday, and it's just passing 115,000 now. 10,000 a day means it'd be done within 2 weeks. No problem.

im not so sure about that gfox,

first day of announcement, totals: 20000 votes
second day: 10000
third day: 10000

looks like its been pretty steady after a first day voting spree, but i am sure things will slow down even more when the post is gone from the top of the forums. im going to be back in school, the joe will be too, which means not as much votes. plus the obvious slow down in votes from everyone else. and also, from my experience, EVERYTHING ALWAYS takes longer than expected. in my opinion, i bet that this list will be gone by ............. Feb. 1 st. :)

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 09:27:23

At 1/11/04 09:24 AM, Toocool100 wrote: in my opinion, i bet that this list will be gone by ............. Feb. 1 st. :)

oopsy... i ment Feb 14th.. give it another 2 weeks.. valentines day is going to be a very special day .. heheheehehehehehe

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 11:47:22

there are 425,988 users on NG... if only a quarter of all these people would vote on 1 submission, all of them would be done... okay not everyone is online all of the time, but there are also some non-registered users.

200 Vote Goodness

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 14:16:23

How long will it take if anyone on Newgrounds even attempts to go vote on a few of those submissions. Just to get the people to actually care will take a while, then there is the voting. It will take months to vote on everything if more voters dont come and help. I have voted on a few, but not enough to make a difference.

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 14:27:25

At 1/11/04 02:16 PM, BurningRanger91 wrote: It will take months to vote on everything if more voters dont come and help.

The past few days there has been an average of 10,000-15,000 votes per day. At most it will take 2 weeks. It can probably be finished by next weekend though.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-11 20:27:08

i just voted on 23 submissions

someone gimmie a cookie
(plus i suggest you put a frontpage thing)
like a big header on teh side saying
Top 5 vote entry or whatever, and the top 5 closest to get 200 votes are on there, then ppl who just go to teh frontpage will see and help

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-12 01:28:00

um wow ifeel really small here

i just found this site and it kicks ass i mean a lot of ass but anyways back to the topic

i found thtat secrete and it took me to the list and i have been kicking ass at the 190's iv done like 50 of them

um yea thats it so laterz

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-12 02:01:46

At 1/11/04 09:24 AM, Toocool100 wrote:
At 1/11/04 05:28 AM, gfoxcook wrote: and now barely 100,000 votes remain. That's a very low number that will soon be achieved. Like I said, it was at 125,000 yesterday, and it's just passing 115,000 now. 10,000 a day means it'd be done within 2 weeks. No problem.
im not so sure about that gfox,

first day of announcement, totals: 20000 votes
second day: 10000
third day: 10000

looks like its been pretty steady after a first day voting spree, but i am sure things will slow down even more when the post is gone from the top of the forums. im going to be back in school, the joe will be too, which means not as much votes. plus the obvious slow down in votes from everyone else.

Well, as you pointed out, the third day was about as many as the second. And since there have been a total of THREE admin threads dealing with this subject (including Tom's new one which doesn't say it in the subject, but mentions it in the post quite noticeably), I don't think there's going to be such a drop off.

and also, from my experience, EVERYTHING ALWAYS takes longer than expected. in my opinion, i bet that this list will be gone by ............. Feb. 1 st. :)

Well, I said 2 weeks, and from right now that's the 25th. So yeah, I'd say Feb 1st at the outside.

oopsy... i ment Feb 14th.. give it another 2 weeks.. valentines day is going to be a very special day .. heheheehehehehehe

See now... Back in November or maybe even earlier, once I was convinced we weren't going to be done by Christmas/New Year's, I estimated it might be done on Valentine's Day. And as November went on and December came, I began to feel more pessimistic. And with the rates at the time, aside from Joe's, there was reason to be. I'd pushed back my personal estimate until late March, in fact.

But with this recent round of voting, with Joe's dedication, and with all the other helpers... I firmly believe that we'll be done before the Groundhog pops his head out of his hole at the start of February.

At 1/11/04 02:27 PM, MayorWest wrote:
At 1/11/04 02:16 PM, BurningRanger91 wrote: It will take months to vote on everything if more voters dont come and help.

I think you meant it just TOOK months to vote on everything. Read the whole thread, man. There were a million votes cast overall, we're down to the home stretch here. Final 10% of votes.

heh. indeed.

The past few days there has been an average of 10,000-15,000 votes per day. At most it will take 2 weeks. It can probably be finished by next weekend though.

See, TooCool? Even Joe, who's going to be busy with school again, doesn't think it's going to take past January's end. We're going to kick the templist's ass out of existence, and we're going to kick it good.

I'm kinda gonna miss that bastard list. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-12 06:13:03

I just wanted to point out the fact that we got below 100 000 votes needed over the night.
We did pass the 200 000 mark less than 10 days ago. And it will not stop accelerating now so I think that it will be very close from finished at the end of the week !

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-18 06:56:15

Well, like I said in another post, now that the Secret : VOTERS NEEDED is gone, do you intend to replace it with something, since they eradicated the list? ;)

~Xan

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-22 02:22:34

man oh man, the list is so sweet...