00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

blakenator9872 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

200 Vote Goodness

7,289 Views | 82 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 08:33:36

ahhhhhh!! im having the same problem as thejoe!! i was all hyped up to clear the 183 list .. and almost all my votes say "you have already voted for this submission today!" eee maybe it would help if i logged off or something

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 08:39:46

The votes are clearing out quicker this time. That's good . I am getting that error as yall are and I only voted until 11:45 EST(GMT-5)

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 09:04:48

At 1/10/04 08:33 AM, Toocool100 wrote: ahhhhhh!! im having the same problem as thejoe!! i was all hyped up to clear the 183 list .. and almost all my votes say "you have already voted for this submission today!" eee maybe it would help if i logged off or something

Yeah, I was ready to vote on them all today, since I only voted on about 5,000-6,000 the other day, I wanted to try for all 8,000 or so today, but I'm not going to go through them all, opening 27 and voting on them when only 2-5 if any of the votes actually count, that's a huge waste of time.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 09:13:39

At 1/10/04 09:04 AM, BlueOysterCult wrote:
At 1/10/04 08:33 AM, Toocool100 wrote:
Yeah, I was ready to vote on them all today, since I only voted on about 5,000-6,000 the other day, I wanted to try for all 8,000 or so today, but I'm not going to go through them all, opening 27 and voting on them when only 2-5 if any of the votes actually count, that's a huge waste of time.

right now there are two possibilities.. liljim can fix it, or you can vote on all the middle stuff.. i found that i havn't voted on much in the middle pages in 184 and 185.. so maybe that will help speed things along

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 09:20:00

At 1/10/04 09:13 AM, Toocool100 wrote: right now there are two possibilities.. liljim can fix it, or you can vote on all the middle stuff.. i found that i havn't voted on much in the middle pages in 184 and 185.. so maybe that will help speed things along

It would help if I didn't clear my history... But I do that every morning at 12am so I don't get confused with what I voted on the day before, and if I see anything that I have gone to and voted on, I can just pass it and go to the next when voting on the less than 200 list. I didn't think this error would occur so I cleared the history before I started voting, and now all of them are unvisited.

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 09:26:22

At 1/10/04 09:20 AM, BlueOysterCult wrote:
It would help if I didn't clear my history... But I do that every morning at 12am so I don't get confused with what I voted on the day before, and if I see anything that I have gone to and voted on, I can just pass it and go to the next when voting on the less than 200 list. I didn't think this error would occur so I cleared the history before I started voting, and now all of them are unvisited.

I used to do that aswell, but it caused me more problems that it solved. I just vote in the middle most of the time, just because it seems noone else is doing it, eberyone else is working on 183 submissions.

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 09:28:49

If I ruled design is definately a game worth trying out... very good stuff, if only for the unique visuals.

At 1/10/04 02:06 AM, BlueOysterCult wrote: I've been doing a few thousand a day for the past few weeks. I did most of them yesterday, and today for some reason it thinks I already voted on all of those. I get the "Error - it looks like you have already voted for this movie today. You'll have to wait until tomorrow before you can vote on it again!" message on pretty much every submission I try to vote on.

I don't think its an isolated problem to you Joe. I've been trying to vote up movies this morning (I'm usually around 400 per day) and have been getting "Already voted" messages too, despite never ever seeing them on my ISP even once in the past.

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 09:32:12

i have an idea! maybe liljim can make it so there will be two lists.. a list of the movies we voted on, and a list of movies we havn't voted on in that perticular day. i hope that this idea doesn't take to much time to program otherwise it may not be worth it, but i think its a good idea nontheless

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 11:00:02

you know i said this when wade first said we needed votes, people would vote on more movies if you offerd expernce points or somen. But that was last month and not mant movies are left

whatever

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 11:42:36

I'm trying to vote some movies today.I voted 3 movies today that had 199 votes and became 200.So,i'll vote some more entries.

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 12:30:02

Been voting an a few here and there... every little bit helps.

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 12:31:22

I voted my fingers of ... but what do I get ... yeah yeah, I like voted on hundreds of movies/games and just got 10exp. points...
I also think you will get something if you vote on 100 movies ... like get 20exp. when you vote on 100movies/games, that would be great. and Tom, I love you guy. You changed my whole life with Newgrounds ... first, I sat on a sofa the whole day watching stupid cartoons, now, I sit on a chair the whole day watching stupid cartoons with LOADINGS !!! just great !

Flash me up, Scotty

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 12:53:47

I tried voting on these, and voting fairly to. But after i watched about 5 movies, i started to realize why these movies didnt have any votes. THEY ARE ALL BULLSHIT! Hey tom, save yourself some time, and us users braincells by removing all these below 200 movies. yeah thats it

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 12:58:46

judgement 200 thing how does it work

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 13:32:09

At 1/10/04 12:58 PM, judustic wrote: judgement 200 thing how does it work

Simple, when a new movie/game in the portal has over 200 votes, the score will decide if he stays,goes away or even if its great !

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 13:51:47

At 1/10/04 02:03 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Check it out! It will probably have over 200 votes by the time you see it. In case you haven't read Wade's post, we are switching over to a 200 vote threshold for submissions that are under judgement. Before we can do so, however, we need to be sure all our existing submissions have over 200 votes - otherwise thousands of submissions would suddenly appear as "under judgement!"

While your at it, I think that it would be cool if you changed the Quality score judgement threshold thingy to at least 2.00 or 2.50, that way artists would work alot harder for the movies to be good, and The Portal would be less crappier! Plus, the bandwith would be less clogged(?)

-Axl

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 15:35:48

This voting to get everything to 200 seems kinda ridiculous to me. Why not make an extra column in the db that flags movies that have passed judgement instead of checking the number of votes? What if the site's traffic grows some more and you want to increase it to 250? Good luck getting all those votes.

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 16:00:35

Well, I will more than glad to vote if you get rid of:

"Error - the server is under extreme load at the moment and is unable to process your request. Please check back later! Please click here to go back to the main portal listing."

At 1/10/04 02:03 AM, TomFulp wrote: I've been doing my part and working to chip away at the under 200 votes list. While doing so, I stumbled across a cute submission called, "If I Ruled Design!!"

Check it out! It will probably have over 200 votes by the time you see it. In case you haven't read Wade's post, we are switching over to a 200 vote threshold for submissions that are under judgement. Before we can do so, however, we need to be sure all our existing submissions have over 200 votes - otherwise thousands of submissions would suddenly appear as "under judgement!"

Since Wade's post, the list now contains less than 8,000 items. There's a lot of work left to do, but together we can make it happen! The new system is almost here!

As of 01/10/2004 at 02:00, 7,993 entries remain under 200 votes. We need 128,304 votes to clear the list.

GO VOTE ON THESE OLD SUBMISSIONS!

You never know what you might find!

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 16:02:12

At 1/10/04 12:31 PM, Morku wrote: I also think you will get something if you vote on 100 movies ... like get 20exp.

I've voted on over 100,000... you don't see me complaining that I don't get experience from it.

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 16:17:27

At 1/10/04 02:42 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/10/04 02:12 AM, ACDC_AONGHAS wrote: It seems as if this is one of your number one priorities, may I ask why Tom?
Because it is just looming over us and it would be nice to get it done with and out of the way. :)

I guess that makes sense, Ill do it anyway :)
Most of them are at 183 votes.

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 16:37:54

You know, there are some of us who are voting on hundreds a day, while others are voting on like... 0 .. lol if all the cable modem and dsl and above users put 20 minutes aside or so just to vote on some of these for like 4 days in a row, this entire thing would be cleared, cuz there are some of us really trying cuz we want this site to be as convenient as can be, and others just come expecting other people to do the work, if you always come here and enjoy tom and wades work, why dont u do this to help pay them back???

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 17:09:48

Doing my part to get the backlog down, but I get shitloads of errors telling me server is busy

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 18:38:01

At 1/10/04 02:03 AM, TomFulp wrote: I've been doing my part and working to chip away at the under 200 votes list. While doing so, I stumbled across a cute submission called, "If I Ruled Design!!"

tom...
glad you liked "if i ruled design"
thanks
-thomas

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 19:54:03

At 1/10/04 04:02 PM, BlueOysterCult wrote:
At 1/10/04 12:31 PM, Morku wrote: I also think you will get something if you vote on 100 movies ... like get 20exp.
I've voted on over 100,000... you don't see me complaining that I don't get experience from it.

Ditto. Back when this first came up as a goal, we needed well over 1 million votes to clear the list and a number of people simply jumped at it as something they could do to HELP Newgrounds, not do something for themselves. Coming along now and whining about not getting bonus XP for it is BS, especially when there are people who have been banging out hundreds (or thousands) of votes a day for four months.

Hopefully, the revote issue is an isolated incident. It's occurred before, but has been merely a one-day problem of the voting history failing to reset at midnight. After I got a couple dozen of the "you've already voted" messages between midnight and 1, I pretty much packed it in for the day. It's something minor, just a matter of Jim having the time to get to it.

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 20:03:40

OMG DOGMA IS BACK!! where have you been?

on a side note.. people there are only 600 movies left in the 183 catagory i am going to try to finish them off, so people try and help me do that :-D

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 20:08:05

At 1/10/04 07:54 PM, D0GMA wrote: we needed well over 1 million votes to clear the list

I think it was between 650k and 700k, can't remember that far back though.

Coming along now and whining about not getting bonus XP for it is BS, especially when there are people who have been banging out hundreds (or thousands) of votes a day for four months.

Yeah, that's pretty annoying. There are those of us that have done thousands upon thousands since this was first asked back in september and haven't asked for a thing in return, but some people that start voting when it's very close to being finished want something for doing 100 or something.

After I got a couple dozen of the "you've already voted" messages between midnight and 1, I pretty much packed it in for the day. It's something minor, just a matter of Jim having the time to get to it.

Yeah, I cleared my history so all of the visited links would go back to unvisited, then on the first one that I clicked I got the "It looks like you've already voted on this submission" error, then tried another 5 or 10 and got the same thing. I was pretty pissed at myself for clearing the history, because if I didn't I could have gone through the templist looking for any unvisited ones that I didn't get to yesterday and at least got something done. But when I have no idea, and I voted on so many, I'm not going to go through my normal open-27-vote thing when only 2 or so will count. Oh well, I'll just go for them all tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 20:13:31

At 1/10/04 08:08 PM, BlueOysterCult wrote: Oh well, I'll just go for them all tomorrow.

you might wanna give it another shot.. everything is working for me now and i can vote on everything! hopefully it will work for you too :)

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 20:23:19

At 1/10/04 08:13 PM, Toocool100 wrote: you might wanna give it another shot.. everything is working for me now and i can vote on everything! hopefully it will work for you too :)

Yeah, I can vote on them now, can't go at the speed I'd like to since this time of the day there's a heavier load, but I'll be voting.

BBS Signature

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 21:31:04

ok i set aside a nice 5 hours for me to rome ng's and waste away voting on the list but.....for the past half an hour i only get the loading error i was lucky enough to get the list open......i got to vote on 2 submissions within 35min. and i have dsl....i think that ng's needs this list cleaned up but it would help if new submissions needed more than the 1.6 or watever to make it....i know i like some of the stuff on here with low scores but this site is getting more and more popular which is making it harder and harder to load maybe we need to increase the lowest surviving score to 1.8-2.0 because this is bad....i really dont wanna spend hours trying to watch 2 movies...and i dont wanna have to wait till 12am-5am to go on ng's and im sure that at least some ppl agree with me. try giving it a thought...

also i dont wanna point fingers but i know an artist on ng's that his highest scoreing submission is 1.65(about) and most of his stuff offends alot of ppl,but since he past jugment his 6 or so submisions are still here......and one of his has a score of 0.23 there should be an universal blam score like 1.0 they immediatly get deleted even if they are past judgment

Response to 200 Vote Goodness 2004-01-10 21:31:13

All right... i haven't had time to do this yet, but now I'm about to go see how many I can get out of th eway. However, I've seen the "Server under extreme load" message about 1000 times in the past half hour (literally... been refreshing everything i go to about 10 times... and everytime I click something having to do the same thing again,) so I'm not sure how many I can do but I'll try Tom. Really I agree with that one guy's suggestion of raising the score somewhat to get rid of some entries to ease up on the bandwith a bit... because this extreme load thing gets crazy sometimes, and I know every lil' bit helps when it comes to bandwidth.