00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

advocate6975 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,655,291 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 11:24:08

At 13 minutes ago, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 10 minutes ago, gdfsgdfg wrote: How do you get the last medal in 2011 a quiz in review?
PM sent

Cool thanks,

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 11:30:47

At 13 minutes ago, Soapbubble wrote: I'm missing one secret medal in The Possible Quiz and one in the Year in Review, anyone able to help me out?

Sure

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 11:36:32

At 18 minutes ago, Soapbubble wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 10 minutes ago, gdfsgdfg wrote: How do you get the last medal in 2011 a quiz in review?
PM sent
I'm missing one secret medal in The Possible Quiz and one in the Year in Review, anyone able to help me out?

Oops, I may have sent the wrong one of the possible quiz. Can you tell me what the secret medal is that you're missing. Or what place it has in the medals list (X places from the left)

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 11:50:23

Sorry, didn't see that reply, was busy doing the quiz. Got it all sorted out, thanks again for the help! ^^,

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 12:00:16

At 5 minutes ago, Soapbubble wrote: Sorry, didn't see that reply, was busy doing the quiz. Got it all sorted out, thanks again for the help! ^^,

Nevermind, glad it all sorted out.

Also, I got a medal in Madness Accelerant and it added to my total amount of medal points, plus all the previous medals I earned in the past few weeks. I've now got over 3500 medals points more than 5 minutes before. So I think that problem has been solved.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 15:41:47

How do I get the last secret medal on Defender's Quest?
Also, can anyone give me any tips for the final battle on highest difficulty?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 16:12:05

At 18 minutes ago, Haggard wrote: How do I get the last secret medal on Defender's Quest?

Sent. You won't be happy with it though.

What I used were two pretty high level archers, two warriors (or whatever the names are) and one healer. Place the archers so they can almost shoot the whole field, including a pretty large portion of the start. Make them level 4. If you have mana over after a while, you can make them level 5.
Put the warriors both on the same corner point, close to the mages, but that the mages can still shoot the boss while he walks next to him. Make them level 4 or 5.
Put the healer so that he reaches all four units. It doesn't matter much if you miss an archer. But be sure that he reaches the two warriors, or else they may not make it. Make the healer about level 3.
Then let the waves come. The archers will murder a lot of small fries. By the time the boss reaches the two warriors use your rage, so that he will be hit a lot and hard. If you have some mana left upgrade your archers. Don't worry if the boss still has some HP left after he passed by the warriors. Your archers will finish him. Don't forget to sell the warriors after he passed by them, as they don't have any use afterwards.

I have a question too. For this pretty old game:

Did it occur to anyone else that a boss missed on the second floor of a dungeon on the second island? I've got a quest, and I've defeated all enemies on the floor it says, but without success.
A lot of medals don't seem to send in this game too. It finally sent the 10000 gold medal, but not the 50000 gold medal...

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 16:26:02

New game:

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 19:08:34

At 2 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 18 minutes ago, Haggard wrote: How do I get the last secret medal on Defender's Quest?
Sent. You won't be happy with it though.
What I used were two pretty high level archers, two warriors (or whatever the names are) and one healer. Place the archers so they can almost shoot the whole field, including a pretty large portion of the start. Make them level 4. If you have mana over after a while, you can make them level 5.

Thanks. Any chance you can post a screen shot of your set up? I still couldn't get it to work. The other monsters reached me before I had a chance to kill the boss.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 19:39:45

At 3 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote:

If you have level 15 archers, jack up their armor piercing skill. It's really expensive to re-spec though, fair warning.

Two level 15 archers is enough to DPS everything down, though you'll want extra help versus the boss.

I have a question too. For this pretty old game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/567842
Did it occur to anyone else that a boss missed on the second floor of a dungeon on the second island? I've got a quest, and I've defeated all enemies on the floor it says, but without success.
A lot of medals don't seem to send in this game too. It finally sent the 10000 gold medal, but not the 50000 gold medal...

All medals were sent fine at the time I played it. This game is also randomly generated, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were some errors in there.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 20:06:54

At 8 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote: Also, I got a medal in Madness Accelerant and it added to my total amount of medal points, plus all the previous medals I earned in the past few weeks. I've now got over 3500 medals points more than 5 minutes before. So I think that problem has been solved.

Has anybody else encountered this? I've scored a few medals since Knuckstrike posted this, and nothing's been added to my point total.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-14 20:53:20

At 42 minutes ago, SFS1313 wrote:
At 8 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote: Also, I got a medal in Madness Accelerant and it added to my total amount of medal points, plus all the previous medals I earned in the past few weeks. I've now got over 3500 medals points more than 5 minutes before. So I think that problem has been solved.
Has anybody else encountered this? I've scored a few medals since Knuckstrike posted this, and nothing's been added to my point total.

I saw this post then went to play an older medal game (FarmBee; pretty good time waster actually) and I recieved 400 medal points off of 4 medals. I don't know how many medal points that I should have because I didn't keep track, but I'm pretty sure I'm still missing about another 100-200 points from new/old games. I'm not sure if the glitch is fixed, but at least I got some of the points I should have gotten.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 00:13:43

At 3 hours ago, VJF wrote: I saw this post then went to play an older medal game (FarmBee; pretty good time waster actually) and I recieved 400 medal points off of 4 medals. I don't know how many medal points that I should have because I didn't keep track, but I'm pretty sure I'm still missing about another 100-200 points from new/old games. I'm not sure if the glitch is fixed, but at least I got some of the points I should have gotten.

Hmm, it must have something to do with the older games then, if that's the case I'm thinking. All I've been playing are the newer ones.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 01:39:54

Same thing has been happening to me. Haven't earned any new points in a while because of it. Not only that, but the medals I've unlocked from new games I haven't played before don't appear when I click the button to view all of them, they only seem to appear in my most recent medals, before disappearing all together when I unlock new medals. The medal system was working fine for me directly after the launch, I don't know why it's messing up now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 02:34:56

At 15 hours ago, gdfsgdfg wrote: How do you get the last medal in 2011 a quiz in review?

Can someone send me a pm as well?
Much appreciated

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 02:54:26

At 5 hours ago, VJF wrote:
At 42 minutes ago, SFS1313 wrote:
I saw this post then went to play an older medal game (FarmBee; pretty good time waster actually) and I recieved 400 medal points off of 4 medals. I don't know how many medal points that I should have because I didn't keep track, but I'm pretty sure I'm still missing about another 100-200 points from new/old games. I'm not sure if the glitch is fixed, but at least I got some of the points I should have gotten.

I tried this and my score only went up 100 when I have been playing Abobo's Big Adventure religiously and all the other games that were posted since the redesign. I think the medals that show up invisible in your Recent Medals list arent being counted......I jus thope I dont have to go back and get them all again whjen the bug is fixed.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 03:42:08

At 8 hours ago, Haggard wrote: Thanks. Any chance you can post a screen shot of your set up?

Sure, here it is. I hope it appears, as the loading bar screwed up a bit.
The numbers above the defenders indicate their level. I beat him first when they were level 17, and that was with ease, so if you still have them 17 (or even 16) that's fine too.
The circle with the * in it indicates from which point you should do your (hopefully fully upgraded) frenzy. If the boss is at that point, do it.

The healer is only level 14, but if he's a few levels lower that's perfectly fine too. As long as you have one near, they won't die.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 03:47:55

At 1 hour ago, MatthewF wrote:
At 15 hours ago, gdfsgdfg wrote: How do you get the last medal in 2011 a quiz in review?
Can someone send me a pm as well?
Much appreciated

Oops, I didn't see you. Sent.

Also, for the defender's quest game, you don't have to do any magic apart from the frenzy.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 05:50:11

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 07:39:32

At 15 hours ago, ixfd64 wrote: New game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590090

Easiest 4 medals in a while, IMO. Only worth 5 total it seems.

My score isn't updating either, checked NG Logs to be sure. Medal count updates, but not the medal score.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 09:29:19

In the most recent game - My Little Dashie the final boss medal doesnt appear to be working as it doesnt appear to be programmed to be sent

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 10:45:39

At 1 hour ago, MatthewF wrote: In the most recent game - My Little Dashie the final boss medal doesnt appear to be working as it doesnt appear to be programmed to be sent

It worked just fine for me. I beat her, and got the medal right after that. If you want me to post a screenshot, just say so.
Try it again, as sometimes medals don't send randomly.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 10:50:49

At 3 minutes ago, Knuckstrike wrote: It worked just fine for me. I beat her, and got the medal right after that. If you want me to post a screenshot, just say so.

Figures.....at least I didnt resave it after I spent all my HP pots beating her

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 10:53:25

At A few seconds ago, MatthewF wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, Knuckstrike wrote: It worked just fine for me. I beat her, and got the medal right after that. If you want me to post a screenshot, just say so.
Figures.....at least I didnt resave it after I spent all my HP pots beating her

You can also do it the glitchy way. I beat her too when I was level 8, but you can also right click>play if you die. That way, you'll do a scream which lowers her attack, and gain all your HP.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 12:07:38

If anyone is interested, here are my medal stats right before and right after the redisign:

Date - games w. medals - medals - medal points - medals per game - points per game - medals per game.
02/10/12 793 6167 132060 7.777 166.532 21.414
02/06/12 920 6662 131315 7.241 142.734 19.711

As you can see, I got way less games with medals (14% less) and way less medals, but my medal points hardly changed.
This means the games that had 0-point medals at first got their medals removed. So for anyone that misses a lot of medals/stats now (like me): that's what happened.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 12:14:57

Well my medal points went up, but only one (the first one) of that My Little Pony game medals logged into my stats. The other 3 showed up, but didn't register. Guess I gotta play the thing again, huh?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 12:36:51

Some new games (or at least I haven't seen them on this thread.)

At 1 minute ago, SFS1313 wrote: Well my medal points went up, but only one (the first one) of that My Little Pony game medals logged into my stats. The other 3 showed up, but didn't register. Guess I gotta play the thing again, huh?

Eeyup

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 15:53:26

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 16:41:38

How do I get the "I Hate The Nyan Cat" medal? I got all the other medals, but this one just escapes me... :(

At 12 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 8 hours ago, Haggard wrote: Thanks. Any chance you can post a screen shot of your set up?
Sure, here it is. I hope it appears, as the loading bar screwed up a bit.
The numbers above the defenders indicate their level. I beat him first when they were level 17, and that was with ease, so if you still have them 17 (or even 16) that's fine too.

Ok, my Archers only reached level 15 now, so I guess I will have to level up them a bit more. Hopefully the points distribution doesn't matter too much...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-15 17:05:50

At 22 minutes ago, Haggard wrote: Ok, my Archers only reached level 15 now, so I guess I will have to level up them a bit more. Hopefully the points distribution doesn't matter too much...

All right, I did it! Thanks Knuckstrike! :)
Luckily I had my Flash magic maxed out as well, that helped a lot. ^^