00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,681 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 08:08:36

At 5/1/10 07:53 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Correction: UberGrounds now has a medal, lol.

Correction of correction: UberGrounds now has a medal that doesn't work.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 08:20:06

At 5/1/10 08:08 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 5/1/10 07:53 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Correction: UberGrounds now has a medal, lol.
Correction of correction: UberGrounds now has a medal that doesn't work.

Right correction, I also have not received the medal!!, I hope this problem will be solved soon!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 09:13:42

Okay, since nobody will explain this to me, I'll just post it until someone does.

How do you make the second level of the newest Pico game go by fast? Because it's obviously not about hitting those keys fast. My best time is 31 seconds. I can blow past the first level in 6 or something.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 10:32:17

At 4/30/10 06:01 PM, EdyKel wrote: If people are still having trouble finding those secrets medals they can find them here.

Ah sweet! This site really came in handy for me.

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 12:18:48

how do you get past this level? i've seen the walkthrough, i know what to do, BUT THE DAMN SPIKE KEEPS KILLING ME AND, WHEN I GET PAST IT, I CAN'T GET TO THE TOP!
seriously, i need help.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 12:30:55

Please accept. Please accept.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 12:39:54

At 5/1/10 12:18 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: how do you get past this level? i've seen the walkthrough, i know what to do, BUT THE DAMN SPIKE KEEPS KILLING ME AND, WHEN I GET PAST IT, I CAN'T GET TO THE TOP!
seriously, i need help.

Here's a shitty mspaint job and how to get past the level. The platform with the line doesn't register that there is a spike there for some reason and won't kill you.

That's how I did it anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 12:41:31

@LiquidOoze

No mention of the shortcut in IWBTFG? There's a whole section where you can walk past 5 screens, including the Donkey Kong boss stage, simply by going to the right and over the wall in the stage with the epileptic changing colors and floating blocks with spikes on some of them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 12:54:21

Just what I needed:

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 13:34:01

i've beaten the game, at last!
i know that there's still the "slow down Speed Racer" and the "zero hero" medals, but i'm not playing that game again. NEVER EVER.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 13:44:19

At 5/1/10 01:34 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: i've beaten the game, at last!
i know that there's still the "slow down Speed Racer" and the "zero hero" medals, but i'm not playing that game again. NEVER EVER.

I would totally get the 0 death and speed racer medals if not for that one stupid as shit moving platform part.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 16:21:50

At 5/1/10 12:30 PM, Fro wrote: Please accept. Please accept.

What tha...

Also, QOB, thanks for the tips...
Does the UberGrounds medal work now?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 17:23:22

Oh man, I'm liking the looks of that. Very much. If this is what I think it is (unfortunately, it most likely isn't) that would make me a happy man.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 20:36:18

At 5/1/10 05:23 PM, LDAF wrote: Oh man, I'm liking the looks of that. Very much. If this is what I think it is (unfortunately, it most likely isn't) that would make me a happy man.

What are you thinking it is?
Oh, and Ubergrounds update: "*Updated!
if you can see a small red dot on the loding bar(next to the empty squere that gets full) it means the medals are working now,if not,wait till newgrounds staff will aprove our update.."
Can someone please post here as soon as they see it..I can't because the game loads instantly after the first time :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 21:04:12

At 5/1/10 08:36 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Can someone please post here as soon as they see it..I can't because the game loads instantly after the first time :(

I don't think we'll see it till Monday; and that's because Newgrounds never seems to update medals over the weekends.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 21:14:29

At 5/1/10 09:04 PM, EdyKel wrote: I don't think we'll see it till Monday; and that's because Newgrounds never seems to update medals over the weekends.

Oh?I never noticed it....oh well...ah, by the way, a small tip for whoever didn't notice it: you can hold down the "shoot" button if you're tired of mashing....the MG and normal bullets will go faster, but the green thingies go faster if you spam the shoot key.
Also, I finally found a "hiding spot" for Oh Snap...let's hope it works....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 22:09:51

At 5/1/10 08:36 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 5/1/10 05:23 PM, LDAF wrote: Oh man, I'm liking the looks of that. Very much. If this is what I think it is (unfortunately, it most likely isn't) that would make me a happy man.
What are you thinking it is?
Oh, and Ubergrounds update: "*Updated!
if you can see a small red dot on the loding bar(next to the empty squere that gets full) it means the medals are working now,if not,wait till newgrounds staff will aprove our update.."
Can someone please post here as soon as they see it..I can't because the game loads instantly after the first time :(

I'm thinking that may be a page (in beta, only available to mods and admins at the moment) for medals, meaning they are bound to be public soon enough. I hope it is!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-01 22:27:47

At 5/1/10 04:21 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
What tha...

Nope, just beat the game again, and...nothing...

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-02 01:44:52

At 5/1/10 10:27 PM, ThePathFinder wrote:
At 5/1/10 04:21 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
What tha...

Nope, just beat the game again, and...nothing...

At least there's only the one. It really is a boring game.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-02 03:54:59

In entirely unrelated news, Talesworth Adventures had a level updated, so I've added a video walkthrough of the updated level to my guide for it.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-02 05:17:33

At 5/1/10 12:54 PM, EdyKel wrote: Just what I needed

I've never noticed that you can walk past screens, but if you watched my video you would see that I also used a glitch at the flashy spike part.

I would totally get the 0 death and speed racer medals if not for that one stupid as shit moving platform part.

It's a sure pain in the ass yeah.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-02 10:07:00

At 5/1/10 01:34 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: i've beaten the game, at last!

Haha really? I just completed that game for the third time because the second time I had ONE death on the last screen.
Everyone has different views on this game. I found it fun and easy!!

Insert useless information.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-02 13:11:58

At 5/2/10 10:07 AM, Vandal2 wrote: Haha really? I just completed that game for the third time because the second time I had ONE death on the last screen.

Couldn't you just close the game and reopen it?What are you, a masochist?

Not really...everyone except you has the same view on this game :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-02 21:24:51

At 5/2/10 01:11 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 5/2/10 10:07 AM, Vandal2 wrote: Haha really? I just completed that game for the third time because the second time I had ONE death on the last screen.
Couldn't you just close the game and reopen it?What are you, a masochist?

Not really...everyone except you has the same view on this game :P

I really like the concept of these games. Random things killing me actually makes me laugh. The problem is the poor execution. Sloppy game play makes the game much less enjoyable. First screen I did the double-jump and got hit by the roof...I was laughing out loud. Then came the platform and spikes screen and I lost all faith in humanity.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-02 23:14:52

Ubergrounds now has another non-working medal for 0 points for getting your first kill. Medals still don't work for it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-02 23:42:08

According to one of the author's responses there are four medals in the game. These are the medals:

Newgrounds!- Beat the game
First Kill- Kill your first enemy
ShizzleCreature!- Visit ShizzleCreature's page through the in-game link
WackWacko- Visit WackWacko's page through the in-game link

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-03 00:18:26

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-03 01:04:26

For some reason I can't see the medals on the games/movies that have them. I can still obtain them though. Is this happening to anyone else? I could see them like 30 minutes ago. Is there some update I missed?

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-03 01:39:17

Has anyone managed to beat level 24 in Enough Plumbers, yet? Its really starting to hurt my brain.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-03 02:20:12

At 5/3/10 01:39 AM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: Has anyone managed to beat level 24 in Enough Plumbers, yet? Its really starting to hurt my brain.

I'm totally finished with the game. The trick for 24 is to drop down without trying to be fancy, get one plumber moving in each direction from the center at the same time, and then just navigate them both to the middle at the same time. If you try to get them down there individually, you will fail.

In other news, the medal for doing level 8 without losing anyone is INFURIATING. But the sigh of relief at the end is totally worth it. The pacifist medal isn't nearly as challenging.