00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,685 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 14:50:39

At 12/14/09 02:38 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: answer

You think I would have noticed a post made over 10 minutes before mine -_-

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 14:52:43

At 12/14/09 01:00 PM, chris-marks wrote: You sure do whine a lot, don't you? I can't get any of the Bomb Diggity medals, but you didn't see me bitching about it like this when the game came out. Not every game is easy for every person. Ching Chong Beautiful is a great concept and for the most part very well coded. I'm guessing you haven't seen a lot of Japanese game shows? Trust me, it's just about faithful to them. That's why it's so funny.

I prefer to call it "reasonable complaining", if you don't mind.And yeah, l've seen some japanese game shows, and damn, l'd say the game is pretty damn faithful alright...

And yes, any competent gamer can defeat Normal mode to get the 25pt completion medal. There's no time limit, so all it takes is patience. My bad initial runs with many restarts came out to a total of 42 minutes or so, over a playtime of just under 2 hours, which I've since improved upon down to the mid-30s as I moved my Bronzes and Silvers to Gold in tiers 1 and 2. With no time limit and no death you're basically guaranteed completion as long as you keep playing. This is a game that happens to be frustrating when you're not used to it, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I know that it takes just patience, but it takes...a special kind of patience...not like, say, the kind Epic Battle Fantasy takes...it's just rather discouraging..and boring.And l never tried Normal anyway, l was just supposing it would be rather hard..l guess l'll do it, but it won't be fun >:(

If you don't like the game, that's your choice, nobody's forcing you. Just don't complain to us about it. Tell us you don't like it precisely once, maybe explain why, and leave it at that.

That's what l did, but Dig went OMGWTFBBQ about it, so l was "forced" to reply...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 15:12:16

I'm currently stuck on the Oh Snap level on Dragon Boy and I can't understand how I'm supposed to beat it, especially considering I just ran out of food... Any tips? Also is there a faster way then farming that level with a Reviver for money? Any tips for Vector Boom too? I've tried the campaign mode twice and got stuck on the last level completely unable to even get remotely close to beating it.

I tried really hard to come up with something funny. I failed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 15:25:10

At 12/14/09 03:12 PM, Godliest wrote: I'm currently stuck on the Oh Snap level on Dragon Boy and I can't understand how I'm supposed to beat it, especially considering I just ran out of food... Any tips? Also is there a faster way then farming that level with a Reviver for money? Any tips for Vector Boom too? I've tried the campaign mode twice and got stuck on the last level completely unable to even get remotely close to beating it.

Well, l could help you with Vector Boom..what you gotta do is find the right upgrade tree...at first l couldn't beat it, but then a friend showed me the right upgrades and it because three times as easy..
Recharge rate is important to get early on, then go for health, area, turrets and then damage.
You should always target the strongest opponents first, and never use all your energy unless the enemies on screen are the only ones.
Also, be sure to hit all the bonus stuff...if you get shield, just keep playing normally, or wait for your energy to recharge..if you get max energy, spam your attack on the whole screen as fast as possible...
Don't wait for your attack to hit the target, just attack someone else..oh, and if you know that they enemy is not going to die or that smaller ships will spawn out of him, send loads of small balls towards him.

If you need more help, just PM me.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 17:00:06

At 12/14/09 02:25 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: Shrum sensation is a good grinding level if you're fast enough.

I can't stand Shrum Sensation... They give crap experience, and drop bad healing items. I've actually taken to farming the giant levels for the feet and experience...

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 17:45:39

At 12/14/09 05:00 PM, Kwing wrote:
At 12/14/09 02:25 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: Shrum sensation is a good grinding level if you're fast enough.
I can't stand Shrum Sensation... They give crap experience, and drop bad healing items. I've actually taken to farming the giant levels for the feet and experience...

well, that level works too (especially giant's domain), but remember: the dragon can't eat feet AND they're rare, plus shrums give slightly more EXP than the giants. oh well, you choose.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 18:04:57

At 12/14/09 05:45 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:
well, that level works too (especially giant's domain), but remember: the dragon can't eat feet AND they're rare, plus shrums give slightly more EXP than the giants. oh well, you choose.

The game says they're rare, but later on you can buy them from the store.

A little earlier than that, HeavyTank wrote:

Things about defending his honour

You don't have to defend yourself to the last man when someone does that, just say something like "dude, it's how I see it, I'm not going to play it again" and move on. Crisis averted. It's not an argument until you respond in kind, so just don't respond in kind. Then go eat some pizza. Win-win.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 18:20:03

I found the solution! Level 2 on the training grounds works like a charm for me!! My other party members kill the skeletons while I kill the knights, and then the skeletons get up for the last time just in time for me to kill them (for real) as well!

But as much as I level up, the stuff in the shop is still sucky. What gives? In fact, the items in there seem to be worse than the stuff I had originally!

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 18:24:03

At 12/14/09 06:20 PM, Kwing wrote: I found the solution! Level 2 on the training grounds works like a charm for me!! My other party members kill the skeletons while I kill the knights, and then the skeletons get up for the last time just in time for me to kill them (for real) as well!

But as much as I level up, the stuff in the shop is still sucky. What gives? In fact, the items in there seem to be worse than the stuff I had originally!

the items get better as you PROGRESS through the stages, not when you level up. also, remember to check it a few times, as the stuff showed there is random.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 20:45:58

I hope theres a new medal game tomorrow. Or else i'll prob end up spending hours trying to get the hard medal in ching chong

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 21:08:19

Anyone have any helpful strategies or tips regarding Ching Chong 5-5 on normal ? It's the last gold I need for the 'all platinum on normal' medal, and my best time is 0.53.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 22:25:18

At 12/14/09 09:08 PM, RedShepherd wrote: Anyone have any helpful strategies or tips regarding Ching Chong 5-5 on normal ? It's the last gold I need for the 'all platinum on normal' medal, and my best time is 0.53.

http://digdogy.newgrounds.com/news/post/

There's a video guide of everything (and everything else) there, since words really can't describe how to beat it, since it's that frustrating.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 22:27:24

MAN.

I just got the meet the winners medal, and for some reason it didn't work.
I reloaded the page a few times, but nothing.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 22:39:58

At 12/14/09 10:25 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: http://digdogy.newgrounds.com/news/post/
There's a video guide of everything (and everything else) there, since words really can't describe how to beat it, since it's that frustrating.

Just got it before seeing your post, but thanks for helpin' out anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-14 23:12:03

Sorry to hear that regular joe. Hope it does't happen to me tomorrow when I go for it (I think somebody said theres only one person in hard mode left to meet?)

Also, Moneyseize is a great game. Never did finish it I don't think...I remember it getting very difficult lol

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 03:08:07

At 12/14/09 10:27 PM, Regularjoe wrote: MAN.

Well, try to convince the author to add a medal resend button...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 03:25:47

At 12/14/09 05:45 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:

When playing on normal difficulty, Giants Domain is better for farming. On hard mode use Shrum Sensation because the Giants take waaaay longer to kill on hard difficulty. In the Shrum Sensation level run around until you've gathered all of them behind you and then attack the group. Very fast leveling.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 08:26:23

same here, except it's with the tutorial medal. i got it while the game was broken and now i can't get it again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 10:20:17

At 12/15/09 08:26 AM, portalwarpedJP wrote:

same here, except it's with the tutorial medal. i got it while the game was broken and now i can't get it again.

It's not impossible, there are ways to get it again. One way would be locating the file the game stores its data in (C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\<somecryptickey>\u ploads.ungrounded.net\520000\520768_Chin gChongEngineMIKE.swf\chingchong.sol) and moving or renaming it. That removes all your saved data. Then just do the tutorial again, get the medal and move/rename the file back to its former state.

If you don't want to rummage through system files then using a different computer (or even a different windows username) also does the trick.

For Regularjoe it would be a bit more difficult since he had to play through normal mode again to meet all the contestants again though.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 10:23:34

At 12/15/09 10:20 AM, DigDogy wrote: If you don't want to rummage through system files then using a different computer (or even a different windows username) also does the trick.

that's actually what i was going to do, but i have to wait a couple more days until my other computer comes back.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 10:47:51

At 12/15/09 10:23 AM, portalwarpedJP wrote:
At 12/15/09 10:20 AM, DigDogy wrote: If you don't want to rummage through system files then using a different computer (or even a different windows username) also does the trick.
that's actually what i was going to do, but i have to wait a couple more days until my other computer comes back.

Have you tried a different windows user? Just create one, switch users, get the medal, switch back, delete the user. Done.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 13:44:27

At 12/15/09 03:08 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Well, try to convince the author to add a medal resend button...

I vote for this. I don't really want to replay the entirety of hard mode for the Seppuku's Soul medal -_-

On another note, you've got some amazing videos DigDogy! I could really learn a thing or two!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 15:36:49

Can anyone please paste all the additional gear for character? (Ching Chong Beautiful)

Thnx

everything, by me ;)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 15:46:15

Does anyone else have a problem with sliding not behaving consistently starting on tier 5? 5-1 the first thing you do is slide under a block. Sometimes I keep my momentum, sometimes I grind to a halt. What the fuck?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 15:56:58

At 12/15/09 03:46 PM, chris-marks wrote: Sometimes I keep my momentum, sometimes I grind to a halt. What the fuck?

That depends on whether you clear the block or not. If you try to stop sliding while you're still partially under the block, Ching will stop moving (unless you're about halfway cleared - no more or no less - in which case you'll still keep your momentum).
Basically, make sure Ching can stand up before you stop sliding. Or jump over the block and slide to regain your balance on the slope. Whatever works for you.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 16:13:49

At 12/15/09 03:46 PM, chris-marks wrote: Does anyone else have a problem with sliding not behaving consistently starting on tier 5? 5-1 the first thing you do is slide under a block. Sometimes I keep my momentum, sometimes I grind to a halt. What the fuck?

I had the exact problem too! I wasn't gonna say anything, because I thought it was just me, guess not. So I guess we can confirm the sliding works different in that particular world.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 17:25:52

At 12/15/09 03:36 PM, sebaboss wrote: Can anyone please paste all the additional gear for character? (Ching Chong Beautiful)

Thnx

You mean the scarfs and helmets?

Winner helmet: Beat Seppuku Tower
Tankman helmet: Beat normal difficulty (?)
Paper bag helmet: Beat easy difficulty (?)

Winner scarf: Beat Seppuku Tower
USA flag scarf: Get all platinum medals on easy difficulty (?)
Soul trail scarf: Beat Seppuku Tower on hard difficulty

The items marked with a (?) are guessed, I know that I had the paper bag and the USA flag before I started normal mode, after getting all platinums on easy. The next time I checked my items was after getting all platinums on normal, and that's when I had everything except the Soul Trail scarf.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 17:43:41

I'm 100% sure Paper Bag helmet is either for getting all platinum on easy or just completing it. I know I completed all platinum easy before doing anything else and all I have is the Paper Bag.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 18:00:09

At 12/15/09 05:25 PM, DigDogy wrote:
At 12/15/09 03:36 PM, sebaboss wrote:

Gear

Hey, do these items actually have any benefit? Because I can swear after putting on the winner helmet that my guy got a little bit faster...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 18:00:28

I know I said I wasn't going to go out of my way to beat hard on this game, but I had to find out what the last trophy scarf was and hadn't checked back here. I lost count of how many times I got to the top of the tower only to be knocked down by the chip cannon. Now I can put that game away and be done with it. My time kind of sucks, but that's okay because I was just going for completion.

Now on to the work I was supposed to be doing today. Sheesh.