00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hauntir just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,640,578 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-10 22:49:53

Wylina's guide with videos wasn't enough? Jeez.
Upgrade the double circle sword fucking things to the maximum. Use the gun where you hold down S or whatever to fire.

Run to one side, hold down fire. When he/she/it/the big bad gets near, just attack through it, continue running to the other side.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

That's all I've ever had to do in order to A+ that. Just don't get hit, you'll lose your combo thing.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-10 23:05:21

At 10/10/09 10:49 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Wylina's guide with videos wasn't enough? Jeez.
Upgrade the double circle sword fucking things to the maximum. Use the gun where you hold down S or whatever to fire.

Run to one side, hold down fire. When he/she/it/the big bad gets near, just attack through it, continue running to the other side.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

That's all I've ever had to do in order to A+ that. Just don't get hit, you'll lose your combo thing.

1. I couldn't find ANY video of that boss.
2. I thought if you upgrade a sword to the max BEFORE getting all A+'s in missions, you won't get the medal. Or does that glitch not exist anymore since the medals are broken anyway? I don't want to take the chance to find out.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-10 23:14:06

Hey guys, Lets have a contest!
How many games have an achievement with the name "perfectionist" in it? (Or a word similar) :|

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-10 23:14:18

I upgraded my circle-swords when the game came out IN ORDER TO A+ all missions. I never read people complaining about that glitch and I've been in this thread since it started. But, it could have passed me by. I don't remember, though, and I didn't experience that glitch and I played the same game everyone else was.. so...

Eh, I could have sworn there was a video. "My bad."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-10 23:36:30

At 10/10/09 11:14 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: I upgraded my circle-swords when the game came out IN ORDER TO A+ all missions. I never read people complaining about that glitch and I've been in this thread since it started. But, it could have passed me by. I don't remember, though, and I didn't experience that glitch and I played the same game everyone else was.. so...

Eh, I could have sworn there was a video. "My bad."

Yo I could've sword there was a video too.. Haha but yo PikaRobo I know what you're saying about the upgrade thing. It was if you got Sword Master during one game you couldn't get Slaughter Master or Perfectionist or one of the big guys but I don't know if that's still a problem or actually ever was.. I mean I had to re-get both using my saved game and after I got Sword Master so I don't think it should be a problem for you.

But ya as far as all other things go you can use that strategy or use mine with the normal Sword and the normal machine guns (not automatics) and do literally the same thing except instead you press down when you attack and do a spinny attack through him. If you use this strategy though after you go through him he'll roar and you'll freeze up and a stalactite will fall down on you UNLESS you spin again to start moving before it hits you.

Good luck!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 02:07:26

At 10/10/09 02:16 PM, MrLuckDuck wrote: you may want to try unblocking me. though I wouldn't bother, looking at your message I can't see us getting any father than you insulting me over a few posts on the BBS. you might want some medicine for that anger problem of yours. unless you're younger than I think and you still think that the f word, "retard" and general rudeness are suitable for a reasonable discussion.

Okay, this is it.it's the last time l post here about it, just because you're being REALLY annoying.If you wanted me to unblock you you could've sent me a message on my news post or something.
Not here.Also, now l remember, l blocked you some months ago, not now, because obviously you were trolling me back then too.And l can assure you that l don't have any anger problems whatsoever, l am a really calm person...except when it comes to trolls.
And no, l don't think that insults are suitable for a reasonable discussion, but since you were typing pretty much in the way you told me not to type, l decided to respond accordingly.
Let me quote you: "fuck stupid text elitism bullshit, he can do whatever the fuck he wants"
"what the fuck u want, the internet isn't some stupid ass english test"

It's not like you're typing like a gentleman..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 05:55:06

At 10/10/09 09:51 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote:
At 10/10/09 09:43 PM, IngeniousCheese wrote: It´s my imagination or Stamper Quest for Fags is now more easy?
Hell yeah

It's not easier, it's because the Nightmare bugs were fixed :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 06:30:26

At 10/11/09 05:55 AM, Powdinet wrote:
At 10/10/09 09:51 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote:
At 10/10/09 09:43 PM, IngeniousCheese wrote: It´s my imagination or Stamper Quest for Fags is now more easy?
Hell yeah
It's not easier, it's because the Nightmare bugs were fixed :P

It's because the health glitch was fixed. Back when it was first out if you touched the first health pack at FULL health it would take your heath down anywhere from halfway to almost 90%. Glad Kevin finally fixed that bug but ya I'd imagine it would make the game significantly easier. Hahah night night.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 07:05:57

Yes I finally got the Sailor medal.Man it was hard,but it was worth it.The picture about is here The stats 2
and with getting the medal,I have now this: All Miami Shark medals

Madness is great.Madness is what is all about.

My video collection :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 07:07:34

Hey, l know that you probably figured it out, but there's a glitch in Tetris'd the game that lets you avoid death easily.All that you gotta do it use the climb button...you can pass through blocks, even twice in a row...or you can stay on the left or right edge and jump left/right to avoid a block and then land on the platform again...if you screw up, you can always climb back up by wall jumping..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 09:44:26

Miami Shark sure is a fun game. Most medals are easy, but the Sailor medal seems really tough though. Looking at my stats my record is just over half the amount necessary and I thought I didn't miss that many.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 10:40:43

At 10/11/09 09:44 AM, Auz wrote: Miami Shark sure is a fun game. Most medals are easy, but the Sailor medal seems really tough though. Looking at my stats my record is just over half the amount necessary and I thought I didn't miss that many.

yea... that's the only medal I can't get. I think the creator purposely did that so people would keep on playing that game. It's a great idea.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 10:45:57

Anybody else find this tetris game kinda glitchy? sometimes i land on the floor and just die? I've got most of the achievements in game though, hopefully they carry over if it actually gets medals.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 11:31:08

At 10/11/09 10:45 AM, waynerz99 wrote: Anybody else find this tetris game kinda glitchy? sometimes i land on the floor and just die? I've got most of the achievements in game though, hopefully they carry over if it actually gets medals.

Yes, the game is quite buggy...l got all achievements except the one that requires you to survive for 1337 blocks...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 11:34:59

Yeah I found Tetris'd pretty glitchy. Sometimes if you are on a block before it lands you gets squished somehow.

When I try climbing the sides and my guy falls down some, he lands on the very edge of the original platform you start out on, and gets squished again somehow.

In the tutorial if you try to wall jump on the right side you will get stuck. I can't get 6 wall jumps cause after I do 2 or 3 of them, it won't let me do another one and I just fall off the side :(.

The game needs to be fixed up some before any medals are added.

Death Note, Code Geass, Bleach, One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, and

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood are all awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 11:41:52

At 10/11/09 11:34 AM, ANIMEstarved wrote: Yeah I found Tetris'd pretty glitchy. Sometimes if you are on a block before it lands you gets squished somehow.

When I try climbing the sides and my guy falls down some, he lands on the very edge of the original platform you start out on, and gets squished again somehow.

In the tutorial if you try to wall jump on the right side you will get stuck. I can't get 6 wall jumps cause after I do 2 or 3 of them, it won't let me do another one and I just fall off the side :(.

The game needs to be fixed up some before any medals are added.

I never thought I would say this, but not only did you write a well written post, but I agree with everything you said. I mean really? How do you submit a game where you can die in the tutorial? Did this guy even run the game before playing it?

For the guy above who got all the achievements but the 1337 one, how did you manage to do the wall jumps and not move for 8 - 12 seconds? The wall jumps seem to cut out on me after 2-3 jumps every time, regardless of if i'm holding the button or pressing it repeatedly.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 12:40:11

At 10/11/09 11:41 AM, waynerz99 wrote:
For the guy above who got all the achievements but the 1337 one, how did you manage to do the wall jumps and not move for 8 - 12 seconds? The wall jumps seem to cut out on me after 2-3 jumps every time, regardless of if i'm holding the button or pressing it repeatedly.

when you start the game go all the way right, until only 1 of you feet is touching the platform. blocks Will fall but won't kill you.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 12:59:50

Well I did what you said, but for me both my feet had to be off and if a block fell that was long enough to stick off the edge, it squished me.

Like it was said before, the game cuts off my wall jumps at 2-3. It is kind of annoying.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 13:02:40

At 10/11/09 12:59 PM, ANIMEstarved wrote: Well I did what you said, but for me both my feet had to be off and if a block fell that was long enough to stick off the edge, it squished me.

Like it was said before, the game cuts off my wall jumps at 2-3. It is kind of annoying.

Try on the left side, those blocks that stick out don't happen at all.

I'm not sure why I said right in the first place, since I always did it on the left.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 13:09:42

Oh lol, I already got the 12 second one on the right side (it just took a few tries).

I have done the wall jumps on the right and left side a lot, and both times it cuts me off :(. It seems that the right side is really the only side that lets me get to 3, and the left side just gives me 2.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 14:49:45

By the way, this guys probably lying about the game getting medals just so he gets more money and his game gets played more. I'm actually surprised that no one has taken advantage of that yet. I mean honestly, if I submitted a decent looking game to the portal and said medals were coming soon, every single one of you would believe me and play the game until you got all or most in-game medals. Haha

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 15:04:12

At 10/11/09 02:49 PM, Caraboo wrote: By the way, this guys probably lying about the game getting medals

That's exactly what I said.

But no one believes the woman, no. 'Course not.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 15:05:03

At 10/11/09 11:41 AM, waynerz99 wrote:
I never thought I would say this, but not only did you write a well written post, but I agree with everything you said. I mean really? How do you submit a game where you can die in the tutorial? Did this guy even run the game before playing it?

Indeed...

Yes, well, for the not move for 9-12 seconds you gotta go on an edge and then wait for the blocks to come...see the screenie.
For the wall jump unfortunately l can't help you, it was out of totl luck and l porbably won't be able to do it aain for a long time.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 15:11:00

Lol, I just played it because I like the series and if it happens to get medals then I'm already 1 step ahead :D. Its okay if it doesn't get medals now. It was fun (for a while).

It was also a bit short and not hard enough to have medals worth very much. If medals did get added then it would just be um... easy medals.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 15:22:47

At 10/11/09 03:11 PM, ANIMEstarved wrote: Lol, I just played it because I like the series and if it happens to get medals then I'm already 1 step ahead :D. Its okay if it doesn't get medals now. It was fun (for a while).

It was also a bit short and not hard enough to have medals worth very much. If medals did get added then it would just be um... easy medals.

The majority would be easy, the hard ones would be the one that demand you to do things that are hard because of the buggy maneuvering. It almost seems like another case for Fear Unlimited with poor motion control (at least in this case with wall jumps) but this game is fairly easy to just continue on for ever.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 15:48:05

At 10/11/09 03:22 PM, Caraboo wrote: The majority would be easy, the hard ones would be the one that demand you to do things that are hard because of the buggy maneuvering. It almost seems like another case for Fear Unlimited with poor motion control (at least in this case with wall jumps) but this game is fairly easy to just continue on for ever.

Well, TBH the controls reminded me of Bomb Diggity *spits*..slidy as hell and not working properly...but they are OK l guess, at least for this kind of game.
But if the author just says that his game is gonna get medals and then doesn't put them he is being an asshole :(
Although l have to say that l remember a few games that promised medals but didn't give them...(Tower of greed, that platformer with the squirrel...)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 16:13:16

I was bored, so I got the 1337 Block drops.

The game is evil, you are completely out of view at about 400 seconds. Which makes that particular achievements impossible without the bug...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 22:23:37

Can anyone beat my score in Boxiphobic?

315,395 is my score.

1314 is my seconds.
:)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 22:31:50

At 10/11/09 10:23 PM, ANIMEstarved wrote: Can anyone beat my score in Boxiphobic?

315,395 is my score.

1314 is my seconds.
)

That's incredibly outrageous.. that's almost 22 minutes.. you have a problem..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-11 23:57:43

Good night everyone :D.

BBS Signature