00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

So am I dangerous yet?

733 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So am I dangerous yet? 2009-02-10 01:02:15

I'm really depressed. I spent hours online on Call of Duty World at War slowly making my way up those levels. Currently, I'm level 36 and it seems to have been forever. My choice of weapon was the rifles. I've noticed it's the worst choice of weapon, but it has multiple different attachments for them to kick ass. Right now, I have an M1 Garand with the sniper scope (last of the attachments). My weapon went from all-purpose to all-sniper. At first, I thought it was alright since I was debating on turning into a full sniper anyway. Now my gun will kill enemies with two solid hits or one headshot. A great upgrade since it used to take four bullets to take down an enemy. So I've been a sniper for a while and quite good at it, but I'm not really getting a lot of kills. Although, there are plenty of great sniping points, everybody knows how to deal with snipers. Even though I'm smarter than their tactics, I'm still going to die once three of them know where I am.

Not to mention, my rifle can't handle anything at close or medium range. It takes a lot of skill to handle the rifle whenever you're not peacefully sniping. You have to readjust your aim after every shot, and unless they hadn't seen me, I'll be taken down quickly by machine guns.

The point is, I spent 36 levels of being at the bottom of the score totals with the least number of kills in each game. And it was all to waste because rifles still suck ass. Sure, rifle grenades are cool, too bad they take away your perk 1. That means no bouncing betties, rocket launchers, or extra grenades.

So Newgrounds, tell me, should I give up on this rifle and get a decent gun? I won't be unlocking the best rifle for dozens of levels, and I was thinking I can still do everything normally with a submachine gun.

Also, I heard Prestige turns your level down to 1 after your hundreds of hours of gameplay. So why the hell would anybody want to do that?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to So am I dangerous yet? 2009-02-10 07:49:11

your too worried about your kills. Whats your average K/D, if its higher than 1 keep the rifle.

Response to So am I dangerous yet? 2009-02-10 20:36:04

At 2/10/09 07:49 AM, narf109 wrote: your too worried about your kills. Whats your average K/D, if its higher than 1 keep the rifle.

Around 0.80 because when you're a sniper you're hiding and will only be seen from the killcam of the players you killed. I die much less than half as many times, half of my kills will be headshots, but I kill one or two less people each match. I was thinking I keep it until I complete the challenges about headshots (Rifle Expert III and the one below the Marksman challenge) so I can get some good EXP. After that, I'll switch. But what should I switch to?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to So am I dangerous yet? 2009-02-10 21:08:03

Lol I prestiged twice and I usually snipe. When moving around you should always have your magnum or an automatic weapon with you.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to So am I dangerous yet? 2009-02-10 21:11:00

Well I have two classes I use a match. One witha Thompson, the other with a Scoped Springfield. I usually snipe most of the match. I would avoid servers with the killcam unless is SaD. I would just have 2 classes so when your frustrated with sniping, run n gun. then go back to sniping when you want. So I wouldnt say ditch the sniping, but I would say make another class.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to So am I dangerous yet? 2009-02-10 21:14:53

Well, since imma Level 60 First Prestige, lemme tell you something. (Not trying to show off. Or am I? >:) )
The M1 Garand is the second best Rifle. And behind Garand is the Gewher.
So, I always have a SMG Class, Rifle Class, Sniper Class, MG Class, and a Shotgun Class. But since I have to share my Live account with my Older brother (Becuase he pays for my time), I use 3 slots. So I pretty much have a Sniper, SMG, and a Shotgun. It works pretty well. And the thing is, bolt actions do work well on different maps. For example, I once got 23 kills with my Kar98k. It was teh pwnage. :)
Too bad one guy had a flame thrower. :/
Ehh, I'm rambling. Basically, If you have 5 slots, Have a Garand slot, Gewher slot (If you like that rifle,), SMG slot, At your level, Preferably an MP40, A bolt action, and a slot of your choice.

BTW, I only prestige for, 1, the cool emblems, 2. the extra slots (So I can have more than two), and 3. To feel better than everybody else. Besides, the game is fun, espicailly hardcore. Then no one knows where you are when you snipe. >:)
Sniping in core is just gay. Via, the killcam.

This Signature is here to remind you when my post ends.

It's not very cool, though.

Response to So am I dangerous yet? 2009-02-10 21:24:02

play hardcore search and destory, 1 hit sniper kills, no bullshit, and at 50 points a kill, ive pulled 2000 rounds once

"When you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Response to So am I dangerous yet? 2009-02-10 23:53:06

Being a sniper in Hardcore mode is better, but I still hate hardcore mode. Everybody's a sniper too. So I switched to a new custom slot for a simple Thompson. I compared two Core matches, one with the rifle, one with the Thompson. Thompson=18 kills, Rifle = 6 kills. I didn't get that many kills in the latter matches but it's still a big upgrade. I unlocked the suppressor in my second match with it, and I don't even think I'll use it. Because on instinct, I'm using the thompson for long range combat as well as short range being a breeze now.

So, Thompson is better, and that's what I'll be using. I also made slots for shotgun and bolt action rolls if I ever want to use them.

Response to So am I dangerous yet? 2009-02-11 00:03:33

too dangerous

BBS Signature

Response to So am I dangerous yet? 2009-02-11 00:42:25