00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The health bar needs a comeback!!

2,922 Views | 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-01 16:14:52

At 2/1/09 05:42 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Far Cry 2
Saints Row
Saints Row 2
GTA IV
Mass Effect
Dead of Alive 4
Street Fighter 4
Left 4 Dead

You can fuck off

The health regenerates really fast in Saints Row 2. Or maybe it was because I was on the easiest difficulty.. O.o

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-01 16:16:08

At 2/1/09 03:32 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: I've always imagined a game like that. And, anything physically exerting you do can lower something like an endurance meter. Sort of like Elder Scroll's fatigue bar, only lower endurance will take a huge toll on everything you do, like a lower endurance will result in much harder aiming, and your blood loss will increase.

The funny thing is, i can think of at least two games that have done this type of thing: MGS3 and Call of Cthulhu, but they didn't really do it exactly like that. It seems like a completely awesome idea if you're aiming for realism, though, and it's definitely doable.

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-01 16:16:14

I had some idea for health bar type thing.
You have a health bar and a pain bar.
Your standard health bar when its empty your dead. The pain bar is simalar to COD series when you get hit. Screen goes red and hard to see etc. The worse the pain the harder it is to see and things get distorted. So if you get shot you will have some help taken off and loads pain. You take like pain killers and mophine and the such to get rid of the pain but, you need med kits to heal up your health.

So you could have full health nearly and be in alot of pain. So you really have to be on your toes and ready for even the single shot of an enemy.

SpaceBoy [GREENLIGHT] [PC, Mac, Linux, Wii U]

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-01 18:47:28

At 2/1/09 02:45 PM, Yiffy wrote: Play on the computer and forget the faggotry that is called console gaming.

I don't see how that will really change things. I mean, console games ported over, and vice versa, still possess the same health bar problem.

Call of Duty series was originally for PC. They changed to regenerating health back in, I think CoD 2 before the developers ever started producing games for consoles.

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-01 22:20:22

What they sould do is (only in single player) Give you an option between the helth bar and the regenaration ( wow i killed that word ) thing. So it please everyone.

DOWNCLOWNTOWNFROWN

BBS Signature

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-01 22:52:03

as a strong belever in sitting in front of the system sceen each day not to mention all the years of my life spent on the computer [like right now for instance] through all my gaming adventures i have come to honour and respect gaming traditions such as the health bar i also respect other gameing traditons as drinking too much caffine spending all your money on games and saying famous quotes such as "do a barrel roll" out in general public but game now a days some peopel are trying new things such as no health bar games or "shield games" as some call them i have learned too enjoy both but in my opinon yes they sould bring back the health bar it is a gaming classic we should all enjoy in the next gen age

my motto: if it moves shoot it if it still moves shoot it again and if it still moves throw a grenade

only defence: don't move

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-01 22:58:51

I agree. Multiplayers shooters with regenerating health are still "fun". Fun, fun for everybody! They're just not as involving as they used to be.

'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-01 23:55:57

At 2/1/09 10:58 PM, Michaelas10 wrote: I agree. Multiplayers shooters with regenerating health are still "fun". Fun, fun for everybody! They're just not as involving as they used to be.

Or as difficult as they use to be.

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-01 23:58:53

Not for all games though. Some games are better without it.

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-02 01:30:29

At 2/1/09 03:32 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: I've always imagined a game like that. And, anything physically exerting you do can lower something like an endurance meter. Sort of like Elder Scroll's fatigue bar, only lower endurance will take a huge toll on everything you do, like a lower endurance will result in much harder aiming, and your blood loss will increase.

MGS3's stamina system

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-02 05:38:35

then play fallout 3 if you want medpacks

BBS Signature

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-02 10:45:08

At 2/1/09 01:12 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 1/31/09 09:13 PM, KeithHybrid wrote: lolwat
Games have changed. It's no longer about fun, originality, or challenge. It's an endless series of faggotry multiplayer played by fanboys and brats. Games - and their consumption of life - has become a well-milked cashcow.

And that's why we have emulators. *nodnod*

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-02 10:50:24

At 1/31/09 10:28 PM, ismellarat wrote:
At 1/31/09 09:13 PM, KeithHybrid wrote: Gaming has changed. That's all there is to it.
Gaming has changed. It's no longer about princesses, koopas, or goombas. It's an endless series of online battles fought by nerds and 12 year olds. Gaming - and its consumption of social life - has become a well-oiled machine. etc.

Pure genius.
Props to you sir

BBS Signature

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-02 12:19:46

At 2/1/09 11:31 AM, loogiesquared wrote: Galaxy
SSBB
The WiiPlay/WiiSports series..

Noone cares about Nintendo anymore.

By reading this short sentence you have sucessfully wasted a considerable 3-4 seconds of your time. You stupid fuck

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-02 12:56:05

Halo:CE has a great health system IMO

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-09 19:08:38

the health bar in resictence 1 was PERFECT

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to The health bar needs a comeback!! 2009-02-10 17:12:01

Doon's health system = BEST OF ALL TIME!!!

The health bar needs a comeback!!

Smells like teen spirit, tastes like chicken.