00:00
00:00

Facebook Users Club

52,401 Views | 497 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Facebook Users Club 2009-01-31 11:52:31


This is a club for those who is or want to be a Facebook user.
Here you post your profile so anyone can adds you, or just talk about Facebook itself. You can also join Facebook if you didn't yet.

For those who don't know, Facebook is a free-access social networking website.
Users can join networks organized by city, workplace, school, and region to connect and interact with other people. People can also add friends and send them messages, and update their personal profiles to notify friends about themselves.

RULES
1)BBS Rules
2)No flaming
3)Be on topic

If you want to join, just post why do you like Facebook and what do you think about it, and, if you like, Your Facebook profile.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-01-31 12:34:56


I was one of the last of my friendship circles to start using facebook. I really started using it while travelling round Europe to keep up with friends who I'd met out there etc etc... and since I came to Uni I've been checking it multiple times a day, tagging photos, posting on peoples walls, whatever.

I won't post my facebook here, I don't really want to add people I haven't met, I just don't want it getting out of hand, but whatevs. I'm sure if you guys try hard enough you can probably find me without any difficulty, but I won't add you.

Also, go join the official Newgrounds facebook group.


BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-01-31 12:44:13


I made the transition from MySpace to Facebook last year and never looked back. Facebook's awesome, great for organizing events, etc.

I'm also a group whore :x

Anyway, the link to my profile is in my userpage. Iwon't add anyone, but if you want to add me, feel free. A couple already have.


hi

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-01-31 13:08:51


I feel facebook is more suited for RL/school/work, etc. friends. Newgrounds is for well... newgrounds friends. Don't mix the two :S


Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-01-31 14:32:26


At 1/31/09 12:34 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I was one of the last of my friendship circles to start using facebook. I really started using it while travelling round Europe to keep up with friends who I'd met out there etc etc... and since I came to Uni I've been checking it multiple times a day, tagging photos, posting on peoples walls, whatever.

Yeah, It's a great tool to find people.
The other day it was my friends birthday. He was tripping to USA, but I managed to contact him by Facebook. Very usefull to find people.

I won't post my facebook here, I don't really want to add people I haven't met, I just don't want it getting out of hand, but whatevs. I'm sure if you guys try hard enough you can probably find me without any difficulty, but I won't add you.

It's ok. You can still post here about the "Facebook world" or something about it if you like ;)

Also, go join the official Newgrounds facebook group.

Already did it

At 1/31/09 12:44 PM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: I made the transition from MySpace to Facebook last year and never looked back. Facebook's awesome, great for organizing events, etc.

Yeah. Concerts also.

I'm also a group whore :x

Shame on you :P

At 1/31/09 01:08 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: I feel facebook is more suited for RL/school/work, etc. friends. Newgrounds is for well... newgrounds friends. Don't mix the two :S

:P.
It just Facebook lol

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-01-31 16:27:28


At 1/31/09 01:08 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: I feel facebook is more suited for RL/school/work, etc. friends. Newgrounds is for well... newgrounds friends. Don't mix the two :S

I agree with this.

Facebook is a website (in my opinion at least) that helps with communicating with friends, family, maybe even co-workers. It's not really for adding people who you talked with once or twice just to have a bigger friend list for a longer e-peen.

Applications are pretty stupid though; most of them are bullshit and idiotic. Why on earth would I need a Simpsons quiz?

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-01-31 17:55:37


I like Facebook because it is less crowded and simpler than Myspace, but I have a Myspace, too.

I got a Facebook because my mom is overprotective, and she freaked when she found out I had a Myspace because she thought I would be stupid enough to believe that the 16 year old girl from New Jersey is actually a woman, but it's okay.


Prick your finger, it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun.

The angel has spread it's wings. The time has come for bitter things.

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-01-31 17:59:08


At 1/31/09 04:27 PM, TacoFreak wrote: Applications are pretty stupid though; most of them are bullshit and idiotic. Why on earth would I need a Simpsons quiz?

The only app I use regularly is iLike, great for finding out about local concerts.

But that Compare People shit is just obnoxious.


hi

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-01 01:06:49


As far as apps go, I have a last.fm thing, an xbox live achievements RSS type thing, and Where I've Been. I think that's it.

And as for the whole NG friends thing, I've added the guys I hung out with at the UK meet and a couple of others who I've talked to on MSN/AIM for ages, but no-one else.


BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-01 10:40:01


My girlfriend made me a Facebook and I go there every once in a while. I have been looking to add more NG users to my friends. Cool club idea.

My Profile.

hopefully that link works.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-01 11:54:01


At 1/31/09 04:27 PM, TacoFreak wrote:
Facebook is a website (in my opinion at least) that helps with communicating with friends, family, maybe even co-workers. It's not really for adding people who you talked with once or twice just to have a bigger friend list for a longer e-peen.

Yeah, but some peple like to add NG members and don't have their profile. Here, you can leave it

Applications are pretty stupid though; most of them are bullshit and idiotic. Why on earth would I need a Simpsons quiz?

Yeah, some of them are lame and stupid. I think that a lot of adds are just for fun or something.

At 1/31/09 05:55 PM, Toasty3D wrote: I like Facebook because it is less crowded and simpler than Myspace, but I have a Myspace, too.

Never used Myspace. I just used Myspace to visit the bands pages and listen to their music.

At 2/1/09 10:40 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: My girlfriend made me a Facebook and I go there every once in a while. I have been looking to add more NG users to my friends. Cool club idea.

Thanks, and Wellcome!!

My Profile.

I'll add you later ;)

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 06:14:00


Well, I know I am still a Friendster regular but I felt that I am tired of checking my Friendster account nowadays so, I created my Facbook account and I felt that Facebook is more organized social networking site than Friendster. So, I guess I might get over with Friendster though but the only advantage of Friendster is that your profile can apply beautiful layouts just like Myspace does.

Here's my Facebook profile though. Feel free to add me...

Here.

If the link is not obviously applicable, try to search my name, which is "Ralph Jayson Silang", then go add me to your friends list. Thanks a lot.

- - -

Also, my Facebook badge.

Facebook Users Club

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 10:25:40


At 2/2/09 06:14 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
Also, my Facebook badge.

Welcome!!!
I don't have a badge. I think it's kindda useless. It's the same as looking at your profle.

So, anyone here play games in Facebook??
I play Word Challenge (It's strangely addictive :P)

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 16:13:08


At 2/2/09 10:25 AM, Piromano wrote: So, anyone here play games in Facebook??
I play Word Challenge (It's strangely addictive :P)

No. I mostly look at bumper stickers. Some make me lol.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 17:42:16


At 2/2/09 04:13 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 2/2/09 10:25 AM, Piromano wrote: So, anyone here play games in Facebook??
I play Word Challenge (It's strangely addictive :P)
No. I mostly look at bumper stickers. Some make me lol.

Animated ones?
They are really funny. Profile full of bumper stickers

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 18:35:08


At 1/31/09 04:27 PM, TacoFreak wrote: Applications are pretty stupid though; most of them are bullshit and idiotic. Why on earth would I need a Simpsons quiz?

Name me ten occurrences in your life where you didn't need a Simpsons quiz.

Anyway I have a facebook and i'm on it just as much as I am on newgrounds.

I already added the people who posted links in this thread, for everyone else and future members PM me for my account link.


Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 20:34:48


Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 21:07:30


I have a facebook and can someone explain to me the point of joining clubs?
They don't do anything.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 21:16:51


At 2/2/09 09:07 PM, aninjaman wrote: I have a facebook and can someone explain to me the point of joining clubs?
They don't do anything.

Same purpose as the NG Clubs & Crews, I guess.


hi

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 21:36:57


At 2/2/09 09:16 PM, gamerpeepinpa wrote:
At 2/2/09 09:07 PM, aninjaman wrote: I have a facebook and can someone explain to me the point of joining clubs?
They don't do anything.
Same purpose as the NG Clubs & Crews, I guess.

I didn't mean clubs I meant becoming a fan of things.
You can't talk about you are a fan of just everyone gets an annoying notice that you are a fan of chocolate.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 21:44:17


The only reason to become fans of something is to sit around and feel smug as half a day later, all your friends are all now fans of that thing after being 'reminded' that they like it.


BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 21:48:31


At 2/2/09 09:36 PM, aninjaman wrote:
At 2/2/09 09:16 PM, gamerpeepinpa wrote:
At 2/2/09 09:07 PM, aninjaman wrote: I have a facebook and can someone explain to me the point of joining clubs?
They don't do anything.
Same purpose as the NG Clubs & Crews, I guess.
I didn't mean clubs I meant becoming a fan of things.
You can't talk about you are a fan of just everyone gets an annoying notice that you are a fan of chocolate.

Meh.i suppose that it's kinda "fun" or something. Also, if you're fan of a band, the band might post news there if it's "official".
Like BBM said, its for telling your friends that you like something

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-02 23:00:11


I understand being fans of musicians or TV shows or whatever, but some people become fans of the stupidest shit (sleep, eating, sneezing, etc.)


hi

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-03 17:43:42


Does anyone else do those 16 things notes?
Or is that just people I know?

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-03 17:55:58


A girl I know in my year has over 1000 friends on facebook, I only have a measly 110-120. :(

I go on it to catch up with friends, my name on facebook is Marshall Davies.


Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-03 17:57:34


At 2/3/09 05:43 PM, aninjaman wrote: Does anyone else do those 16 things notes?
Or is that just people I know?

Nah, people I know do it too.

I admit to having done it a couple times.

They're not entirely spammy, imo.


hi

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-03 18:00:02


At 2/3/09 05:55 PM, Obvious-M wrote: A girl I know in my year has over 1000 friends on facebook, I only have a measly 110-120. :(

Man...I only have like ten.


Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-03 18:38:53


I have 183 friends apparently, but I don't keep count or anything. I only add people who I'm actually friends with too.


BBS Signature

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-03 19:26:21


At 2/3/09 06:00 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 2/3/09 05:55 PM, Obvious-M wrote: A girl I know in my year has over 1000 friends on facebook, I only have a measly 110-120. :(
Man...I only have like ten.

I know. I only have 49 friends while everyone I know has numbers in the hundreds.
I only talk to a couple though. Most are people I went to school with at one point or friends of friends.

Response to Facebook Users Club 2009-02-03 20:26:46


At 2/3/09 05:55 PM, Obvious-M wrote: A girl I know in my year has over 1000 friends on facebook, I only have a measly 110-120. :(

I go on it to catch up with friends, my name on facebook is Marshall Davies.

WTF!!!
I only have 45 friends.
Gladly, most of them are REALLY friends and not unknown people