00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,445 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-16 23:59:44

"Oh you just need to deepen the bass on your drums so it sounds fuller" they say, "it's just kind of missing that depth." Not a big deal! Correctly mixing techno drums is only the HARDEST FUCKING THING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD TO DO.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-17 00:33:58

At 8/16/12 11:59 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: Correctly mixing techno drums is only the HARDEST FUCKING THING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD TO DO.

I'm thinking that something like getting Pantera to do a reunion tour would be much harder than that.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-17 00:49:19

At 8/17/12 12:31 AM, Criminal-23 wrote:
At 8/16/12 11:59 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: "Oh you just need to deepen the bass on your drums so it sounds fuller" they say, "it's just kind of missing that depth." Not a big deal! Correctly mixing techno drums is only the HARDEST FUCKING THING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD TO DO.
I usually layer two drums of the same kind on each other to make it fuller. It's just one kind of style for D&B to fill up some depth, however; I bet there are more techniques.

I dunno how Techno drum mixing works, however.

I already did that. I did lots of things. I once took a spectrometer and analyzed the frequency distribution of a professional kick. I still can't do it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-17 08:29:16

FUCKING PISSED OFF

Fucking fuck. So I've been going to this gym lately, almost daily - working out and shit. And always on the way there I listen to music from my iPhone. Well not fucking anymore. Today I reach the gym, get a key to my locker, change into my sportswear and leave my bag and iPhone inside the locker. I'm pretty sure I had locked the locker, but there was somebody in the room, who saw my key number, but I can't recall the face anymore. Anyway, I leave the locker room and hang the key on the wall at the key counter.

The thing is, sometimes the person on duty doesn't watch after the keys. Anyway, after a few hours I go back to the locker room, open it and - oh fuck it's gone. Obviously I get pissed and go to the person at the key table and ask - what the fuck is this.

Back at home, I got a call from the gym - the owner called and said that it was the first time in 9 years that this happened. Well it fucking did.

Anyways, I did a list of people who were there and after using some logic - I have only two people who seem too fucking suspicious, and oh, I've seen them the first time there.

One is a Croatian fellow, speaks English well - and that's when it gets to me - he was the one who was beside me in the locker room and saw me put my phone in. I'm pretty confident that it could be him, because the other suspect is a dude in the end of his 40s, so I doubt he would do it.

And I can't report to the police - because I don't know Bosnian, and it will be a huge pain in the arse. But the police can easily trace it. The phone is still on, because I dialed and the signal was going.

Anyways, got any hints on what should I do? Only members of the club were there today, and as I said, I got down the list of suspects to the minimum. The owner said that there was one new dude, but didn't say exactly who.

I'm pretty sure it's the Croatian fellow, because he saw my locker number and how I put my phone there.

Help, bros.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-17 14:11:14

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-17 14:16:07

Don't you have Find my iPhone rost? then you could track him yourself

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-17 17:56:03

tell the police you're practically sure its him, you saw him AND did a deduction. you were a first hand witness.

if thats not a good enough reason then wtf is

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-17 17:59:56

At 8/17/12 08:29 AM, MrSaint wrote: FUCKING PISSED OFF

Bring him to me... I'll get your phone back and have some fun with him in the process.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-17 18:18:27

At 8/17/12 05:59 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Bring him to me... I'll get your phone back and have some fun with him in the process.

Log into iCloud with your apple ID and password. (whatever you use to buy apps and music). Then you should be able to see where your phone is. This only works if you have iCloud turned on. I work at the Apple store and have found many phones with this method.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-17 20:56:15

Hey, man. I don't speak Spanish, but I still attempt to talk to Immigrants.... Legal ones, that is. You never know, one of the Bossis might speak your linguo.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 12:10:27

Whatever happened to attaching the key to inside of your pocket with a bobbypin so that it doesn't fly out? Or are you not allowed to keep the key on your person in that gym?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 16:53:41

At 8/18/12 04:43 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Just tried running my daw through Gamebooster.
Amazingly enough I got a 20% decrease in cpu usage, I didn't really expect that :O.

If any of you are struggling with lag, try it out :).

The taskmanager could do the same thing but this is just a faster way to do it.

I don't have a problem with cpu usage while I'm writing/recording... but I'm gonna have to try this for while I'm gaming... cause my CPU is behind the times and holds my graphics card back.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 17:16:14

At 8/18/12 04:53 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 8/18/12 04:43 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Just tried running my daw through Gamebooster.
Amazingly enough I got a 20% decrease in cpu usage, I didn't really expect that :O.

I don't have a problem with cpu usage while I'm writing/recording... but I'm gonna have to try this for while I'm gaming... cause my CPU is behind the times and holds my graphics card back.

It's actually an incredibly powerful tool, last game I bought on steam sale was LA Noire, my computer could barely run at minimum specs, and even then it was unplayable (7-10 fps), but with that programm I get 60 fps full specs.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 17:20:16

At 8/18/12 05:16 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 8/18/12 04:53 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

It's actually an incredibly powerful tool, last game I bought on steam sale was LA Noire, my computer could barely run at minimum specs, and even then it was unplayable (7-10 fps), but with that programm I get 60 fps full specs.

Seriously?

I've downloaded and installed it already, but I haven't given it a test run yet... If it's really that powerful, I may be able to play Guild Wars 2 on max.... This would make me very happy.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 17:29:03

Fucking pissed off: Updated

TLDR; Nope, I didn't get it back

At the evening of the same day I re-looked the list and remembered that when I came to the locker room, there was a person in the shower cabin, and when I was opening my locker, he was near, drying up himself. So basically he was the only the one who could see the locker number. But by irony of fate, I can't seem to recall the fuckers face. Though I would recognize it.

Anyway, the phone was already dying, so I'm not so sad. The owners of the gym were pretty sad though, because it happened the first time in their gym. Some people already know about the incident - only if the thief gets under some type of psychological pressure, like people slowly knowing about the thievery - he may shit his pants and return it.

But I highly doubt that. My Mom got an iPad today and the first thing I did was activated the iCloud and created her an Apple ID.

Also, the first few hours after the crime I was super violent and wanted to find the douche who did it, and beat him. It felt like getting slapped with a dick by some random naked dude on the street, who gets away after it. Horrible, lol.

I kind of imagined saying these words, if I ever had the chance to get to the thief - "You broke the law and now I shall break your face". So hardcore, yes.

Guitarist of Limp Bizkit

So I discovered Black Light Burns - a band founded by Wes Borland, more known as Limp Bizkit's guitarist. I know that everyone hates Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst in general, but this is Wes and his band, and it sounds pretty cool.

Here's a track by his band

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 18:02:54

Im ready for it

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 18:32:22

At 8/18/12 05:20 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I've downloaded and installed it already, but I haven't given it a test run yet... If it's really that powerful, I may be able to play Guild Wars 2 on max.... This would make me very happy.

Welp... I've given it a try in 2 different games so far, Trackmania at full graphics didn't gain anything at all, I was at around 60-70 FPS with Gamebooster, 60-70 FPS without.

And with Battlefield 3... where I think my FPS actually went DOWN, not up... interestingly enough... But I'll hold on to it, maybe it'll make a difference in GW2.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 19:40:37

At 8/18/12 05:29 PM, MrSaint wrote:
Guitarist of Limp Bizkit

So I discovered Black Light Burns - a band founded by Wes Borland, more known as Limp Bizkit's guitarist. I know that everyone hates Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst in general, but this is Wes and his band, and it sounds pretty cool.

WHAT? I LOVE Limp Bizkit. I couldn't give less of a shit what people have to say about that, because my best friend has been calling me a faggot for liking them ever since I started listening to them. They really do have genious riffs and they do have their flaws, but they more than make up for them. Also, men generally act stupid on purpose just for the fuck of it, so I don't really care about what retarded shit Fred Durst has done, because he could be faking it easily.

Bands like P.O.D. and Limp Bizkit have some of the catchiest guitar-with-chorus-on-them-riffs and that specific thing generally goes unappreciated.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 20:23:27

At 8/18/12 07:40 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
WHAT? I LOVE Limp Bizkit. I couldn't give less of a shit what people have to say about that, because my best friend has been calling me a faggot for liking them ever since I started listening to them. They really do have genious riffs and they do have their flaws, but they more than make up for them. Also, men generally act stupid on purpose just for the fuck of it, so I don't really care about what retarded shit Fred Durst has done, because he could be faking it easily.

Bands like P.O.D. and Limp Bizkit have some of the catchiest guitar-with-chorus-on-them-riffs and that specific thing generally goes unappreciated.

Don't get me wrong - I fucking love Limp Bizkit too. I mean, the first CD in my life that I got was "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water" and I was just blown away. The riffs are really awesome and the man behind them is a genius in his own right.

Don't care too much about Fred, I mean, he's enjoying himself so it's cool, heh.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 20:28:59

Guys, I think he finally fixed it.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 20:32:57

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 20:50:06

At 8/18/12 08:32 PM, Buoy wrote: http://m.gizmodo.com/5933688/its-ok-to-be-a-hater-because-ev erything-is-bad

Hypocrisy: best thing ever

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 21:14:39

Hypocrisy is the best kind of hypocrisy.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 21:48:59

At 8/18/12 09:14 PM, Buoy wrote: Hypocrisy is the best kind of hypocrisy.

And oxymoron's are the best kinds of irony

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-18 21:51:08

I seem to get a 15-20% decrease too. Grouse find, mate!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-19 04:35:15

At 8/18/12 08:28 PM, MrSaint wrote: Guys, I think he finally fixed it.

Are you kidding me? BrokenDeck is way cooler than FixeDeck. Besides, in a year the newbies won't even know why he called himself FixedDeck.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-19 17:16:55

I was going to do something creative for my 5000th post, but then I realized I don't really care enough to do it. So I made this gif

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-19 17:32:37

At 8/19/12 04:35 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 8/18/12 08:28 PM, MrSaint wrote: Guys, I think he finally fixed it.
Are you kidding me? BrokenDeck is way cooler than FixeDeck. Besides, in a year the newbies won't even know why he called himself FixedDeck.

If a majority of people hate it, I have the option to change it back.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-19 23:33:18

On the NG homepage, how is the featured audio selected? Is it by a person, or is it done by computer? Is it weekly?

Last week I had a song on there for, as far as I'm aware, the first time. Today another piece of mine went up. It's only a WIP and is NOT polished. It didn't get a spectacular score or anything and I just released it yesterday, so I'm curious about the front page selection process.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-20 02:07:42

At 8/20/12 01:59 AM, Criminal-23 wrote:
At 8/19/12 11:33 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: On the NG homepage, how is the featured audio selected? Is it by a person, or is it done by computer? Is it weekly?
It's chosen by admins and/or audio moderators, on a weekly basis (I think).

This would be correct.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature