00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,321 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 11:01:10

At 4/23/11 10:51 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote: Went to my first rave last night. Fucking dubstep for over 2 hours. I think we are just getting into the dubstep craze over here.

Do you guys call your state the armpit of the US as well? Just curious =P

At 4/23/11 10:57 AM, uint wrote: So, uh, what do women generally think of casual sex?

Usually they are not for it. The type that are have like genetic predispositions towards having low amount of oxytocin reserves so they have commitment trouble. Usually these are less intelligent, pop culture influenced, extravert type B personality people. Not really worth it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 11:03:58

At 4/23/11 10:59 AM, crapatflash wrote:
At 4/23/11 10:54 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: 8x times the normal amount of flock-age
Flock-age, Logic? You should send that one in to the dictionary guys...

flock-age, badass-ery, okay-ish. We see these little things added to words all the time in the internetz to simplify and comed-ify a sentence.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 11:07:28

At 4/23/11 11:01 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 4/23/11 10:51 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote: Went to my first rave last night. Fucking dubstep for over 2 hours. I think we are just getting into the dubstep craze over here.
Do you guys call your state the armpit of the US as well? Just curious =P

I live in Indiana

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 11:14:41

At 4/23/11 02:59 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 4/23/11 01:59 AM, WerewNC wrote: Why I'm a misogynist. Girls fuck over (rather than fuck) nice guys.
I'm glad i've always been a nice guy. Pretty much, it's saved me from getting STD's :P

Wow. I've never seen so much false optimism in my life before.

At 4/23/11 02:26 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 4/23/11 01:32 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
Lol if this was the case for everyone, then i would be screwed(and not in the good way). Also as far as gay guys raping on the first "Date", isn't it no longer a date and now an excuse to call the cops?
no because you yell surprise!

seriously tough - you ant rape a gay man if you're gay.. its just like saying hello - they bend over and take it.
Wow, that sounds kinda dumb, they don't even see if the other has STD's or some other issue first?

I'd personally rather live like Freddie Mercury for 45 years than live 120 years alone.

At 4/23/11 07:28 AM, dekeizer wrote: I never had a girlfriend, so shut ur faic >:(

I've never had a girlfriend and I'm 23. Quit bitching about it on online forums, go to Walmart and get a pack of light blue T-shirts, write, "I like bigger ladies and I'm an introvert. Please ask me out, I won't turn you down," on them with a Sharpie, wear them to school, get talked about because you are a psychopath, get some big chick to take a chance asking you out, and profit. Problem solved, stop being a dick to other single people.

At 4/23/11 07:49 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 4/23/11 01:59 AM, WerewNC wrote: Why I'm a misogynist.
Yeah cool man, do you also hate blackies and fags?

Naw, I'm just jealous of blacks 'cause of their big cocks and jealous of gay 'cause they get to have wild sex with strangers. I loathe women.

At 4/23/11 10:03 AM, crapatflash wrote:
At 4/23/11 09:59 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: I've been single for about a month now, and I am a big fat white guy who gets nervous really easy and likes to play world of warcraft for fun, yet I managed to get dates with 4 chicks; 3 of whom are nice people too.

So man up!
LIES!
LIES AND SLANDER!

Yep, I'm a fit guy that spends most of his time (apart from winter) outside. I regularly ask girls out, and I'm regularly turned down. I think it freaks them out when they realize I'm actually listening to them.

At 4/23/11 10:54 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: No but really, I had the same problem in high school. There's something about being in a college program in a field, that you have to love to be in, that brings people together. Between the 60 or so music students at my college I don't think theres one person that I dont know and like (except the girl stalking me, yuck!)

That doesn't work for engineers, you know.

At 4/23/11 10:57 AM, uint wrote: Women, singles and a made-up story

So, uh, what do women generally think of casual sex?

Depends on their age.

I blame the drugs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 11:15:28

Congrats man, PLUR and all that :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 11:32:04

At 4/23/11 11:14 AM, WerewNC wrote:
At 4/23/11 07:28 AM, dekeizer wrote: I never had a girlfriend, so shut ur faic >:(
Problem solved, stop being a dick to other single people.

My post was sarcastic.. hence the 'ur faic'. :/

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 12:06:35

what the fuck is going on here?

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 12:34:32

I heard thunder, just now. :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 14:53:20

Congrats man (I went to about 8 or 9 this year already).

Also I remember only about a year ago dubstep was still pretty underground here in the states and then during the summer the scene just seemed to blow up and now it's been growing.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 15:52:01

At 4/23/11 02:53 PM, Psil0 wrote: Also I remember only about a year ago dubstep was still pretty underground here in the states and then during the summer the scene just seemed to blow up and now it's been growing.

I know exactly what you mean. I live in UT and deadmau5 came out for a rave many months back and Skrillex played on the second stage and nobody knew who he was. About two weeks ago I went to a rave Skrillex was headlining and the place was sold out.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-23 23:17:39

At 4/23/11 02:53 PM, Psil0 wrote:
Also I remember only about a year ago dubstep was still pretty underground here in the states and then during the summer the scene just seemed to blow up and now it's been growing.

Dont really think its a scene anymore imo, at least not in Houston. Even middle schoolers love that shit.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 03:03:22

I saw the chicago symphony tonight! Dear god it makes me wish I was a performer instead of a composer...oh well =P

I also recorded it, but shhhh cuz thats illegal.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 03:26:34

Personalized Sig

Fancy new sig, go!

And I gotta say, it was a real pain in the ass to make.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 03:29:03

At 4/23/11 11:17 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 4/23/11 02:53 PM, Psil0 wrote:
Dont really think its a scene anymore imo, at least not in Houston. Even middle schoolers love that shit.

Yeah, I can understand that. But then again I feel some of the younger crowds really don't understand it. I constantly hear people talking about pop music and calling it dubstep, just because it has some part that might be slightly influenced by it.

Imo, it still has a long way to go to work in with the younger generation.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 05:02:22

Went to a concert

On my birthday, my sister and her husband (they married last thursday :D) gave me tickets for a Spinvis concert.
Spinvis makes really cool (dutch) music. A bit experimental with awesome lyrics.
Every time he performs one of his songs live, he performs it in a unique way.
Anyway, i had a great time. Yay!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 06:27:46

At 4/24/11 03:29 AM, Psil0 wrote: Imo, it still has a long way to go to work in with the younger generation.

Personally, I think it's the other way around. The crusty older generation needs to get with the times. I feel like I can identify more with what the "younger" crowd finds cool these days, as opposed to all of the older cunts standing back with their arms folded, looking on in some kind of desperate disdain.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 12:31:16

I have to go to church again today and waste another 2 hours when I could be finishing up my homework for the break. >:(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 13:11:34

Talking about religion

I vote no

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 13:16:02

Guises I am confuzzled

There was a new girl at our school I liked, but she started meeting with some dude, ignoring me totally. So I decided to forget about all this bullshit and be the lone wolf I am, and guess what? She starts having sympathy towards me.

I iz relly confuzed

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 14:20:23

At 4/24/11 03:26 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Personalized Sig

Fancy new sig, go!

What did you use to make it?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 14:22:48

At 4/24/11 02:20 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 4/24/11 03:26 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Personalized Sig

Fancy new sig, go!

What did you use to make it?

Photoshop CS5, a picture of fire I pulled off google, and A LOT of time.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 14:25:19

At 4/24/11 02:22 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Photoshop CS5, a picture of fire I pulled off google, and A LOT of time.

Nice, all i did was find a couple pics on google and used "fancy" letting for mine from GIMP lol I r gud at fotoeshop

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 14:27:52

At 4/24/11 02:25 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 4/24/11 02:22 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Photoshop CS5, a picture of fire I pulled off google, and A LOT of time.
Nice, all i did was find a couple pics on google and used "fancy" letting for mine from GIMP lol I r gud at fotoeshop

I'm trying to get back into my art, so figured I may as well take my time with my banner/sig. Although I didn't think it'd take me as long to do that as it did... my hand was numb afterwords... so much tweaking it's not even funny.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 14:33:30

At 4/24/11 02:27 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
I'm trying to get back into my art, so figured I may as well take my time with my banner/sig. Although I didn't think it'd take me as long to do that as it did... my hand was numb afterwords... so much tweaking it's not even funny.

Ouch, i could imagine. There is a lot of fine detail in it. It almost looks like a special kind of font you'd find in a program actually

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 14:37:00

At 4/24/11 02:33 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Ouch, i could imagine. There is a lot of fine detail in it. It almost looks like a special kind of font you'd find in a program actually

That's part of the reason my hand was numb afterwords, that's a plain jane bold font called "Impact". I warped the letters, put glow on them, put a shadow behind it, along with numerous other effects/filters.

... Then I started putting fire on it, which took a couple hours all by itself. Very time consuming. I think it was worth it though, I'm happy with it.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 14:40:51

At 4/24/11 02:37 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: That's part of the reason my hand was numb afterwords, that's a plain jane bold font called "Impact". I warped the letters, put glow on them, put a shadow behind it, along with numerous other effects/filters.

... Then I started putting fire on it, which took a couple hours all by itself. Very time consuming. I think it was worth it though, I'm happy with it.

Now i feel really lazy for the way i did mine lol

The only thing I would say about the banner is that is seems a little small, but i can understand since the requirements are a bit small for this forums banner size

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 14:45:31

At 4/24/11 02:40 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 4/24/11 02:37 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: That's part of the reason my hand was numb afterwords, that's a plain jane bold font called "Impact". I warped the letters, put glow on them, put a shadow behind it, along with numerous other effects/filters.

Now i feel really lazy for the way i did mine lol

The only thing I would say about the banner is that is seems a little small, but i can understand since the requirements are a bit small for this forums banner size

Yeah, it's a lot smaller as a sig than I'd like... but that's mostly because I made it originally for the banner spot on my profile, not for a forum sig. The height requirements for the forum is half the size to that of the profile banner, so when it shrunk the height, it also halved the width as well.

I'm debating fixing it up a little to make a forum sig version... we'll see how much work it ends up being, heh.

In any case, I'm off... hopefully I've inspired you to numb your hands with a new sig now.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 14:52:21

At 4/24/11 02:45 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
In any case, I'm off... hopefully I've inspired you to numb your hands with a new sig now.

HA! Me actually put effort into something other than music? HA! Sir, i do say HA!

lol I would give your hands at least some break there dude

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 15:49:15

Concerts

Me too. I went and heard Mozarts Requiem (and related works from other composers) on Friday. My favorite movement is still the Dies Irae though.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-24 15:58:41

At 4/24/11 03:49 PM, djInTheDark wrote: Concerts

Me too. I went and heard Mozarts Requiem (and related works from other composers) on Friday. My favorite movement is still the Dies Irae though.

Ah man you broke the 9x piss color combo! Also that sounds amazing