00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Roughruff89 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,803,648 Views | 34,326 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-09 20:06:56

At 12/9/10 07:57 PM, LaForge wrote: GUYS, GUESS WHAT.

Hard lol.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-09 22:13:48

At 12/9/10 07:57 PM, LaForge wrote: GUYS, GUESS WHAT.

Tom is allowing us to emb videos in the forums now! Check it, here's a video of a water-skiing squirrel!

I tried it in general and it takes a while to buffer... just check it out.

Way to repeat others' jokes.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-09 22:21:28

noble court = gay club?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 04:33:06

Pretentious Music Thread

I dont see any purpose in straight up bashing/disrespecting an artists musicality and aesthetic values just for the sake of it. Does it make you feel good about yourself? Do you try and make people feel ashamed in hopes that someday their opinion will mold to fit yours?

Especially when on the other hand there is so much amazing music to be appreciated and discussed in a positive light.

And a lot of the electronic music may be compositionally generic and basic, and the "anti-electronic" or "anti-trance" critics overlook the fact that there is so much more control over sound design than an instrument crafter would have before the digital age. I've heard the term "tone snob" used at my school...well, OK....but composition is only HALF the battle of making music. The 21st century has the luxury of containing such tools and opportunities to manipulate sounds like never before. Without tone, you have no sound coming to play the notes within the composition; and without composition, you have no notes to utilize the tones. And then there's always the response of "there is no soul behind the tweaking of knobs" but its only up to the individual to decide what soul to them is.

I used to try and belittle other musicians and people in the past, but that was when I was insecure, had a large(r) ego, hadn't reached puberty yet and had a small penis.

Also, "pretentious" has to be the most overused word on the internet. It lost its effectiveness back in 2008.

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 05:18:00

At 12/10/10 04:33 AM, S3C wrote: Pretentious Music Thread

lol, the last few years of my music education has been grappling with these same ideas. I'm an art major but i feel as if everything i've learned about contemporary art applies more to the music world. i've come to the conclusion that there really is no difference between art and music aside from the senses they stimulate. if anything, music is more abstract than the visual arts could ever hope to be. a music teacher of mine once pointed out the difference between minor and major chords in Russian vs. european music. She said that in general western standards major is happy and uplifting while minor is dissonant and sad. meanwhile things evolved differently in russia with major being minor and minor being major. I know it's not the best example but try comparing the music of mario to tetris. while both intervals give off a different feeling to us, think of how the tempo changes as things go bad in either song.

im aware of my hypocrisy for saying it, but people need to lay off heavy opinions when it comes to music. it's all abstract and things could have evolved in any number of different ways. while opinions ultimately define our music culture, how fair is it to assume that yours is the correct one?

i guess what im trying to say is say nothing but nice things. otherwise you sound like a fuck twat.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 05:19:57

At 12/10/10 05:18 AM, Quarl wrote:
i guess what im trying to say is say nothing but nice things. otherwise you sound like a fuck twat.

fuck me, im too tired for this shit. say noting but nice/ constructive things :/

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 05:48:37

Newgrounds General Chat

Does not work for me.

Just lurking...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 10:22:28

At 12/10/10 05:48 AM, Vultyrex wrote: Newgrounds General Chat

Does not work for me.

Same thing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 10:58:29

At 12/10/10 10:26 AM, Chronamut wrote:

come to the newgrounds.com irc room instead - lots of fun and badmouthery abound :P

go to m ynewspost - the link is there.

or the stickam thread late at night when the obnoxious annoying kiddies arent around.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 03:13:50

2 and a half hours of hic ups now

my thoughts: WTF

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 09:37:45

So sure enough...wikipedia properly diagnosed me. I looked up what my hic ups could be from and wikipedia led me to the conclusion that its due to high blood sugar. Since my mother has diabetes I went and got tested this morning....fucking got it too. I really did not expect to develop diabetes...I'm like the healthy eating child of the 3 of us children of her. I fucking ran cross country & track for 6 years too. And yet I end up with diabetes.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 09:48:12

At 12/11/10 09:37 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: So sure enough...wikipedia properly diagnosed me. I looked up what my hic ups could be from and wikipedia led me to the conclusion that its due to high blood sugar. Since my mother has diabetes I went and got tested this morning....fucking got it too. I really did not expect to develop diabetes...I'm like the healthy eating child of the 3 of us children of her. I fucking ran cross country & track for 6 years too. And yet I end up with diabetes.

Don't use the internet to diagnose yourself.
I've seen people with simple headaches diagnosing themselves with brain tumors.

Everyone has a sig... Except me. :(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 10:04:30

At 12/11/10 09:49 AM, Bjra wrote: haha diabetes. Well luckily you can cure it in 30 days for very, very cheap. If you are interested, shoot me a pm. I'm not going to post a huge explanation here, last time I got ignored

Wait but isnt diabetes inheritive? So you cant really blame yourself for that.

Like in my case i can start to hallucinate if im under great stress.
My Mom has that problem to, so i just simply inherted from her. I just simply try to live with less stress as possible.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 10:11:06

At 12/11/10 10:04 AM, YouriX wrote:
At 12/11/10 09:49 AM, Bjra wrote: haha diabetes. Well luckily you can cure it in 30 days for very, very cheap. If you are interested, shoot me a pm. I'm not going to post a huge explanation here, last time I got ignored
Wait but isnt diabetes inheritive? So you cant really blame yourself for that.

Like in my case i can start to hallucinate if im under great stress.
My Mom has that problem to, so i just simply inherted from her. I just simply try to live with less stress as possible.

Yea my mother has it...I didnt just diagnose myself with diabetes, I had my mother test me.
Coincidentally I hallucinate movement, but thats related to possible other things.

Also @ BJRA

Diabetes isn't curable only maintainable. I am not at a point where I would need anything like that. It's relatively early stage diabetes.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 10:56:23

Drawing contest between ME and a Friend

Can you guys pick the drawing you think is the best? You can be honest i dont care :)
link here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1217 150

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 10:58:42

At 12/11/10 10:11 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Diabetes isn't curable only maintainable. I am not at a point where I would need anything like that. It's relatively early stage diabetes.

Yes this is true. What Bjra is referring to is the types of diabetes, specifically type 2. In which type 2 is a semi-life style disease (poor diet, lack or exercise, ect.), in which there is in fact a small period of time after diagnosis in which the mellitus can be reversed. This period of time is specific to the individual, but is usually relatively short, since 95% of the type 2 patients are over weight or injured in some manner that would not allow them to recover at a rate sufficient to revert the diabetes.

From the sound of it, it seems like you have type 1. "There is no known preventive measure against type 1 diabetes..." Which is why you have it even after a healthy life style. And it can affect anyone at any time in there life whether their 7 or 70, it's indifferent.

I'm no doctor I just paid attention in anatomy, so if I'm wrong about any of that, you'll know why.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 12:52:52

At 12/11/10 12:35 PM, Chronamut wrote: also don't ever listen to bjra for advice - he may end up killing you.

Aaaw c'mon guys he's just trying to help. Plus its just advice you dont have to take it. :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 13:03:01

I was not born with diabetes, this came on within the last year. Type 2 more likely. What BJRA says about processed food, even though he is extremely biased, is 99% true. I've seen all the movies he's told us about, I've read the Michael Pollen books about corn, and I've read a few others about nutrition too. They are all credible.

Like most people, my symptoms include lots of thirst and hunger, making dieting a bit harder then average people. I have the metabolism of a cows 3rd stomach...not great...I also hold down 3 jobs and have 8 college courses, so the combination of everything makes severe dieting a BITCH AND A HALF.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 13:17:30

At 12/11/10 12:35 PM, Chronamut wrote: also don't ever listen to bjra for advice - he may end up killing you.

Says you.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 16:15:48

retested 2 hours after eating. blood sugar should be under 100, was at 140. FML

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 18:32:13

Sometimes, i think i am crazy.
Not because i act retarded in public and i'm not stupid or anything, but..
When i am alone i like to make up all sorts of things. It usually happens when i am planning on taking a shower. I walk in the bathroom, lock the door and.. then i see myself in the mirror.
While i am looking at myself, a story starts in my head and i am always the main character. The stories are bizarre and sometimes absurd, but hilarious (to me). While this story unravels in my head i look at myself in the mirror and i act as if i really am in the story that is playing in my head.
Mostly, these stories are based on things i know i will encounter the following day. I take that what i will encounter and change it into a hilarious situation. Or the stories are based on things that i already encountered.
I don't always make up stories though. It can also be that i just pretend to be someone. A character. And then, in my head, i place that character (me) into a situation that doesn't fit with the character i currently am and so a sketch is born.
Or i just play a character and talk about things that that character would talk about to myself in the mirror.
But, whether i am crazy or not, i always end up laughing at myself.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 20:07:54

New Year's

I'm fuckin stoked =D

We're bringing out DJ Keoki for our New Year's Eve party... it's going to be ridiculous awesome. If anyone has ever thought about coming out to a show I've produced... this would be a great one to make the trip for!

Springfield MO - Get Together - 12-31-10

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 22:14:20

At 12/11/10 06:32 PM, FairSquare wrote: Sometimes, i think i am crazy.

I do the same thing while taking a poop. You just have a vivid imagination is what it's called, not crazy. Mine are usually epic more so then funny but its the same essential thing, you are crawling into your brain and watching a movie in your own personal theater.

True Story

When I was LSD once i was too fried to stand so I layed down, which actually made my trip even more intense. I was lookin at my desk and my ethernet chord turn into a path, I took the path and it led into a cave. The cave was my own brain, and I burrowed in there thinking I had lost my mind and was going to be stuck in the cave the rest of my life....and I loved it.

turned out my eyes had just rolled behind my head lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-12 03:26:57

New Years

I may have a good Christmas/New Year holiday for once this year...

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-12 03:53:10

At 12/11/10 10:14 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 12/11/10 06:32 PM, FairSquare wrote:
When I was LSD once i was too fried to stand so I layed down, which actually made my trip even more intense. I was lookin at my desk and my ethernet chord turn into a path, I took the path and it led into a cave. The cave was my own brain, and I burrowed in there thinking I had lost my mind and was going to be stuck in the cave the rest of my life....and I loved it.

Please tell me you wrote a song about this. Hell, I think I might. That's a hell of a trip. lmao

(Runs off to try LSD) xD

[TSR Audio]

Click the Banner To Visit My Music Page! ^__^

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-12 07:20:48

I must know my body really well now, because I know how I physically feel whenever I get sick, and all I need to do is sleep for two days.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-12 10:19:09

Comments on userpage

The amount grows without that there are comments added.
Right now, it says that i have 14 comments while i have 7. I didn't delete anything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-12 10:28:36

At 12/12/10 10:19 AM, FairSquare wrote: Comments on userpage

The amount grows without that there are comments added.
Right now, it says that i have 14 comments while i have 7. I didn't delete anything.

I have 3, but I only see 2. It may simply be a glitch in the system, you might want to contact Tom Fulp about this...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-12 10:47:53

Comments on userpage

I await liljim's excuse.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-12 10:49:58

At 12/12/10 03:53 AM, ShatterTheSky22 wrote:
At 12/11/10 10:14 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: stuff
Please tell me you wrote a song about this. Hell, I think I might. That's a hell of a trip. lmao

I have many of these really. My best trip comes from staring at a blank white wall from 2 feet away though. It was a blank canvas to an artist, it could made into anything....and I couldnt even begin to describe the things I saw on that wall.

(Runs off to try LSD) xD

I cant condone trying it, but if you do, start with a small amount (1 tab or cube), and do it in a safe environment inside with some of your trusted friends or something. Then after youve tried that to get a feel, do whatever the fuck you want whenever haha