00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mekboybilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,803,605 Views | 34,326 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 02:47:21

At 11/23/09 02:34 AM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Playing guitar for anything longer than 20 minutes straight starts to hurt. I wasn't born for the strings of a gee-tar.

Just a matter of practice man

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 03:04:36

That's true, and while I love how the guitar sounds (Toru Takemitsu made such great acoustic guitar music... look it up, really beautiful), I can't ever find myself being able to express myself creatively with a guitar the way I can with the ol' 88 keys.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 04:02:34

At 11/23/09 12:59 AM, loansindi wrote:
At 11/22/09 11:13 PM, gregaaron89 wrote: wah wah wah mah fingers hurt
Get over it!

Hah. If you're practicing so much you're getting blisters, slow it down. Let some calluses build man. I know you're playin bass and strings are expensive as hell, but if you're seriously tearing up your fingers, try moving to a lighter gauge for a while.

Yeah I went from like never playing it to playing like 4+ hours in 2 days or something along those lines lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 05:19:21

Mainstream and evolution of music

Oops, it's been a while since I last used a bold title.
At 11/22/09 09:45 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote:
At 11/22/09 08:50 PM, Mich wrote: fuck, I hate society.
People been sayin' that for over 200 years now... For some reason, that doesn't stop the popular guys from making money.

I guess that's because it's always the minority that says these things. After all, it's the majority of the people that makes society as we know it.

I stopped listening and caring about popular music after grade school, for the most part, however long ago THAT was.

Well yeah, I don't care much about mainstream/popular music either, but it's just sad to see an artist you like move on to something you don't like, simply for business. (No offense to those who do like the music though)

However, I feel at this point it's pretty hard not to acknowledge what's popular when you're making your own music.

Perhaps, because at the level of amateur-musicianism we're all at, we basically need to consider making our music a tad generic so people would like it, in order to get heard.

OH WELL.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 06:02:31

At 11/23/09 05:19 AM, Mich wrote: Perhaps, because at the level of amateur-musicianism we're all at, we basically need to consider making our music a tad generic so people would like it, in order to get heard.

OH WELL.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK generic.

In other news- I am currently obligated to do one song. I also want to make videos/games/etc.

To wit: I will try to force myself to learn to make flash/other things to make videos/games/etc. by not making music past the one that I am obligated to do.

This should prove a powerful motivator.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 12:42:37

I think I'm going to make a bunch of artsy abstract music just for the hell of it. I probably would not get a favorable reaction from any venue, which would serve me right.

I've always wanted to make some music in the style of Morton Feldman, to tell the truth.
I love that guy's stuff. Long, slow, and usually very quiet. But oh so nice.

Since I've loved 'classical' music (a very LOOSE term... maybe a better one is 'instrumental music') since I was little, that's put me at odds with most 'mainstream' musical ideas in any event, so I never feel too attached to a whole lot. I'm no snob though; I'll listen to pretty much anything.

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 12:55:25

You're saying I have skill?

Surely you jest!

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 13:09:53

and if they aren't paying attention to the mainstream then what
or they're just experiencing something that gives them thoughts they wouldn't have thought otherwise, and create something that appeals to their altered perception

which has gone so far that your mainstream culture influenced reality tunnel can realize

TRUMP 2020 | Ol'TOOL 2021

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 14:25:16

Hey everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to submit my query, but I thought my question was a little too small to make a whole new thread about... Don't forget this is the first time I'm posting here, so if I break any lounge rules (I doubt there are any :P) then it was either deliberately since I like breaking rules or because I don't know about them... so anyway...

I'm thinking of making this contest, called the 'Audio Death Match'. Basically, it's a knockout competition between many audio artists. It starts with 32 participants (64 if it gets popular) and each artist is paired with another artist (chosen randomly) and they have to both make a song of any genre from the genre limitations posted in the thread (I won't be strict... just not allowed to do Voice Acting, Ska, Bluegrass, and those unpopular genres) and the winner moves on while the loser is out of the competition (unoriginal idea, yeah, but I'm surprised not to see it occasionally be organised by Tom or something). This competition keeps going until the final two battle it out. The winner gets a prize which I am yet to decide. As for judges, I already have one judge along with me, and there's a good chance I'll be able to find another. Deadline for signups would be when the limit of 32 (64 if the contest is popular) participants is reached, and the deadline to make a song would be 2 weeks, so in all the contest would take 10 or 12 weeks. Maybe for the last song, I'll give a deadline of 3 weeks instead of two. Invitations to take part will be sent to loads of random audio artists, too, and I'll invite all of the popular ones too (except ParagonX9 for very obvious reasons...).

Anyway, what do you all think. Will it work out, or is it just another unoriginal, overused, boring idea? I'd rather make the competition knowing that it has potential rather than making it to find out nobody cares, so if anyone here is willing to give out an opinion on my idea, it'd be much appreciated ^^.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 14:35:35

My first FLASH!!

If i pass judgment i might start making flash vids for you guys! But it all depends on how much succes i will have with this ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 14:38:45

i like it, i also like how you use exclamation marks in every post!!

TRUMP 2020 | Ol'TOOL 2021

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 14:44:02

LOL!!!!

At 11/23/09 02:38 PM, NOTunowned wrote: i like it, i also like how you use exclamation marks in every post!!

I know!! Its a bad habit i guess :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 15:30:35

At 11/23/09 02:35 PM, YouriX wrote: My first FLASH!!

audio adverts thre--

oh wait, You Doooooos Flashez. you got my five

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 16:13:16

At 11/23/09 03:30 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:

audio adverts thre--

oh wait, You Doooooos Flashez. you got my five

Thanks alot man! ;) LOL!!!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 17:05:03

At 11/23/09 04:19 PM, Bjra wrote:
animate this now
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 79057

LOL and LOL agian! Srlsy im consedring to animate this NO!! Ima gona do this!!
But Bjra i need the script in writing if you can give me that it'll be awsome! Also i need a fragment of the Saw theme. I'll have to also do some practice!

Im trying togive Bulbasaur a really mean face right now >:(

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 17:12:12

It's OO-Kasy to be gay..la..da..lada...la..la...

damn you chron

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 17:13:55

At 11/23/09 05:12 PM, SessileNomad wrote: It's OO-Kay to be gay..la..da..lada...la..la...

damn you chron

fixed..

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 18:10:49

This is looking awsome! if anyone wanna help out a fellow reg please do not hesistate! (hint hint) ;)

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 18:35:58

At 11/22/09 09:04 PM, Nav wrote: Stepmania

I'm playing it again. Is it not the awesomest thing ever?

Previous Discussions

I don't really care for them, as you could probably tell.

Stepmania is awesome!
have you heard of the the song Chik Habit?
It's an insane step file!
I could barely pass it with a B on Heavy

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 20:21:16

At 11/23/09 06:35 PM, dj-Jo wrote:
At 11/22/09 09:04 PM, Nav wrote: Stepmania

I'm playing it again. Is it not the awesomest thing ever?

Previous Discussions

I don't really care for them, as you could probably tell.
Stepmania is awesome!
have you heard of the the song Chik Habit?
It's an insane step file!
I could barely pass it with a B on Heavy

if i remember correctly chik habit is by the flashbulb, one of the freaking best artists ever...

also...fuck yes i fucking love stepmania, probly my number one fav game of all time, no joke

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 20:47:56

At 11/23/09 08:32 PM, Bjra wrote: collabin' in real life

I'd really like to meet some of you talented fuckers IRL, and produce some tracks, too bad we all live in bum fuck egypt

Dude, I'm in indiana. WE HAVE MORE THAN CORN.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:20:06

Portland, OR for me, but stay the hell away kthx

...unless your a hot femme.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:28:28

At 11/23/09 09:24 PM, Bjra wrote:
At 11/23/09 09:20 PM, nathanallenpinard wrote: Portland, OR for me, but stay the hell away kthx

...unless your a hot femme.
I could stuff a pillow in my shirt. would that satisfy you

I guess that depends how big the pillows are.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:38:20

ATL here. No pillows necessary, we have plenty of hot ass to go around.

#1 strip club capital of the WORLD

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:59:52

At 11/23/09 09:54 PM, Bjra wrote: I say we have a hill jack NG musician meet up here soon. we could all go and raid the next comic-con in philly, and meet tom fulp, the lightbringer, and the ng staff in person as a group

Where in ohio are you man? I'm in fort wayne, so I'm like 20 minutes away from the border. I can be in van wert in an hour, bowling green in a little more than that.

show them that the ng audio portal is a community to be reckoned with

Lol. Six AF regs banging on the ng door HEY OPEN UP

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 22:08:30

At 11/23/09 10:01 PM, Bjra wrote: Im in northeast ohio, near cleveland, and close to the PA border. might have to drop by and we can jam some time

Aww man trekkin across most of the state

show them that the ng audio portal is a community to be reckoned with
Lol. Six AF regs banging on the ng door HEY OPEN UP
hells yeah

That would make it all worth it though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 22:41:40

YO SYMBOL!

I'm gonna be on Christmas break soon, which means I'm going to be working in the City again. We should meet up duder!

I'm 21 now so we can hit up some bars.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 00:45:20

At 11/23/09 10:41 PM, TMM43 wrote: YO SYMBOL!

I'm gonna be on Christmas break soon, which means I'm going to be working in the City again. We should meet up duder!

I'm 21 now so we can hit up some bars.

im fuckin down for some debautchery. how long is your christmas break?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 01:02:29

At 11/24/09 12:45 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: im fuckin down for some debautchery. how long is your christmas break?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPfCx56Y dw

I KNOW OF A TAVERN NOT FAR FROM HERE WHERE YOU CAN GET SOME MIGHTY FINE BEER

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 01:35:35

At 11/24/09 01:02 AM, loansindi wrote:
At 11/24/09 12:45 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: im fuckin down for some debautchery. how long is your christmas break?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPfCx56Y dw

I KNOW OF A TAVERN NOT FAR FROM HERE WHERE YOU CAN GET SOME MIGHTY FINE BEER

Set Sail On Ale

My buddy's band. Fucking awesome.