00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,313 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-08 17:41:51

Lactose Intolerant

I'm lactose intolerant, but thankfully only mildly. I can still take dairy products, but not too much or intense pain will then follow.

Also, @dj-Jo, if you ever get tired of soy milk, then you should look out for lactose-free milk. That's personally what I have; I can't stand soy milk, yuck.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-08 17:46:07

At 10/8/10 05:42 PM, LaForge wrote: I feel like everyone around me is getting modded while I'm left behind. Anyone else feel this way (who isn't a mod)?

Chronamut too is left out lol.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-08 18:53:48

At 10/8/10 05:46 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 10/8/10 05:42 PM, LaForge wrote: I feel like everyone around me is getting modded while I'm left behind. Anyone else feel this way (who isn't a mod)?
Chronamut too is left out lol.

sucker

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-08 18:58:11

Nope. Having a dark aura makes me feel special now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-08 19:30:28

Snoop Dogg Contest & Concert

ExploreTalent.com and Snoop Dogg invite all musicians and vocalists nationwide to enter the Urban Music Contest. The Grand Prize includes opening live on stage for the legendary Snoop Dogg on November 3rd, 2010 at the Universal Studios' Gibson Amphitheatre in Los Angeles.

The contest winner will open the concert just before Big Snoop Dogg gets on the stage. The Grand Prize winner will be flown to Los Angeles and will participate in the meet-and-greet with Snoop Dogg and other celebrities present at the event. Following the meet-and-greet, the winner will perform on stage to kickoff the concert. The winner will be performing in front of 6,000 fans and share the stage with Urban Music icons. There will be two runner-up prizes awarded as well. The first runner-up will receive an all-access pass to the event and the second runner-up will receive a premium ticket to the show.

To enter the contest, all Urban Artists, R&B, Rappers and Hip Hop musicians upload your best track at http://www.exploretalent.com/snoop_splas h.php.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-08 21:39:46

Welcome back LaForge! I was thinking where you could've gone for so long lol

Also, yeah. Now many people became mods, but I think it's deserved. It feels strange though, that all the fuckers you knew for a while, now have a yellow aura :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 01:23:43

At 10/8/10 06:58 PM, Mussirus wrote:
Nope. Having a dark aura makes me feel special now.

Same for me only in reverse. I switched to Fab, even though I'm a grim critical type

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 02:28:21

AHHH

I just found out that my bank CHANGED my business name. Now my company has a fictitious title instead of the cool looking Logical Defiance Productions. Stupid county clerk is gonna get a fist full of rage

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 09:01:34

Marching Band Competition

So today I'm going to a marching band competition. It's the first contest my school has been to for the past two years and I gotta say, I'm a bit nervous.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 09:18:05

At 10/9/10 09:01 AM, Alfraydo wrote: Marching Band Competition

So today I'm going to a marching band competition. It's the first contest my school has been to for the past two years and I gotta say, I'm a bit nervous.

You'll get use to it. Use the nervousness as energy for when you go on. That's what my band director told us.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 09:26:46

i wouldnt even want to be a mod, i rather be outside in a natural enviroment than sitting behind my pc all day searching for comments from trolls or whatever to mod.

Ive been a forum moderator plenty of times and let me tell you, you only find shit and you only get shit.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 10:06:54

At 10/9/10 09:26 AM, Calamaistr wrote: i wouldnt even want to be a mod, i rather be outside in a natural enviroment than sitting behind my pc all day searching for comments from trolls or whatever to mod.

Ive been a forum moderator plenty of times and let me tell you, you only find shit and you only get shit.

Yeah i wouldnt want to be a mod either. I dont see any fun in banning a bunch of people who try to upload linking park music.
Plus having a gold aura isnt that great either. I like my blue light aura is pretty cool and calm. I never liked the color gold much. I much prefer silver looks nice and cool.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 11:49:17

Moderation

I personally see it as a chance to give something back to the site I love. After all, as I've said before, I've made many friends through this site, learned a whole lot, and met my fiance as well.

By moderating I can spend some time to help out Newgrounds a bit, as a thank you for that. As sad as it may seem to some, this website has become a major part of my life, and I love every bit of it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 12:38:14

At 10/9/10 11:49 AM, Mich wrote: As sad as it may seem to some, this website has become a major part of my life, and I love every bit of it.

gaaaaaay

At 10/9/10 12:12 PM, LaForge wrote: @Chron: I noticed that not a single audio mod plays heavy metal 'cept Darkside555 and BadManInc, both who have been gone for nearly a year, so I wouldn't getting modded to give that perspective back to the community.

Mad metal riffs are the way things should be man. All metal, all the time.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 12:38:30

At 10/9/10 12:12 PM, LaForge wrote: @Chron: I noticed that not a single audio mod plays heavy metal 'cept Darkside555 and BadManInc, both who have been gone for nearly a year, so I wouldn't getting modded to give that perspective back to the community.

I don't know about B-M-I, but Darkside555 is definitely still around.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 12:52:58

At 10/9/10 12:38 PM, Mich wrote:
I don't know about B-M-I, but Darkside555 is definitely still around.

they both are. less active than at their prime, but still around and kickin'

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 12:57:21

Moderation

Yeah I do it for the same reasons as Mich.

That, and I like being helpful for some reason.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 13:04:45

Genre Combination

I'm sure you people make songs that can be considered hybrid genres and such, but have you ever made a song that just doesn't really fit anywhere. Say there's so many influences that you don't know what to do with it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 13:26:26

At 10/9/10 01:04 PM, Tzunami wrote: Genre Combination

I'm sure you people make songs that can be considered hybrid genres and such, but have you ever made a song that just doesn't really fit anywhere. Say there's so many influences that you don't know what to do with it.

my friend, i have that all the time. I just put it in misc then.

I make almost soley hybrid if its not purely single instrument classical.
I also purposely use retro instrumentation combinations that make their own sounds, or make a whole piece completely background influenced, i also never let bass tones or drums take the foreground contrary to 99% of electronic instrumentated genres (like dnb or ambient) so i kinda have my own weird sound that almost too often takes getting used to to begin with.

If only people would actually listen for a change, maybe my music would become a bit more popular but i know im only sighing into the wind.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 13:31:28

At 10/9/10 01:26 PM, Calamaistr wrote:

I also purposely use retro instrumentation combinations that make their own sounds, or make a whole piece completely background influenced, i also never let bass tones or drums take the foreground contrary to 99% of electronic instrumentated genres (like dnb or ambient) so i kinda have my own weird sound that almost too often takes getting used to to begin with.

If only people would actually listen for a change, maybe my music would become a bit more popular but i know im only sighing into the wind.

Well, I'm not saying exactly putting it here on NG yet, but in general. Think like a combination of Death Metal, Breakbeat, Classical, Chiptunes, and some Latin for flavor. Something of that level, with no clue of what you're really doing anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 13:39:40

At 10/9/10 01:31 PM, Tzunami wrote:
At 10/9/10 01:26 PM, Calamaistr wrote:

Well, I'm not saying exactly putting it here on NG yet, but in general. Think like a combination of Death Metal, Breakbeat, Classical, Chiptunes, and some Latin for flavor. Something of that level, with no clue of what you're really doing anymore.

Look, music is music, if it holds together, if it is of harmonical quality, there will be saturation.
It should not matter what rythm goes with what melody, i just came from a concert of lute and guitar in combination with woodflutes and i can tell you there was little rythm, and little genre, and it was fantastic music.

Personally i'd say genre (appart from this site, as its necaserry.. although.. not really since people just abuse that system anyway but ok) does not really mean much, its a referrence just for copy and paste, things will always sound alike, there are no endless tone hights, nor endless chords we composers know that, i actually prefer to put most my music in misc on ng too, it keeps me from being judged to tightly.. (wich also doesnt have any value/meaning left seeing as the voting system is pretty much crap, ohwell you know what i mean.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 13:42:36

Hybrids gerne

My song "color this world" can not be consider a drum & bass song. It has trance/dance influences and classical riffs.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 13:47:58

At 10/9/10 01:39 PM, Calamaistr wrote: Personally i'd say genre (appart from this site, as its necaserry.. although.. not really since people just abuse that system anyway but ok) does not really mean much, its a referrence just for copy and paste, things will always sound alike, there are no endless tone hights, nor endless chords we composers know that, i actually prefer to put most my music in misc on ng too, it keeps me from being judged to tightly.. (wich also doesnt have any value/meaning left seeing as the voting system is pretty much crap, ohwell you know what i mean.)

Right, I usually classify my songs on their most dominant aspect. It makes it easier to keep them on a level genre. In my media player though they have crazy genre names almost as bad as you'd hear on say.. Beatmania.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 13:52:17

At 10/9/10 01:42 PM, YouriX wrote: Hybrids gerne

My song "color this world" can not be consider a drum & bass song. It has trance/dance influences and classical riffs.

It is Drum & Bass, though to be more specific it will be a really amateur liquid funk dnb song.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 13:59:14

At 10/9/10 01:52 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 10/9/10 01:42 PM, YouriX wrote:
It is Drum & Bass, though to be more specific it will be a really amateur liquid funk dnb song.

Now. You cant really call it Liquid since it has more jazz/blues/house influence. I have been listening to alot of Liquid and i can say that it isnt really liquid.

And calling it amateur is really rude...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 13:59:27

Hybrid Genres
A lot of what i write would probably fit in this sort of category, mainly cause i really don't care what the genre of my songs are or if they fit a set structure pattern, but this might also be why i have only 15 "Fans" here xD

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 14:01:52

people just make up way to much genre's for every little alternation.
Its actually ..really.. bullshit and we all know it.

This genre madness needs to stop.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 14:02:08

At 10/9/10 01:59 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Hybrid Genres
A lot of what i write would probably fit in this sort of category, mainly cause i really don't care what the genre of my songs are or if they fit a set structure pattern, but this might also be why i have only 15 "Fans" here xD

As long as I can remember my music has always been hybrid. I had a tendency to make dark sounding music, but recently that's turned to more space oriented music. Besides the overall feel though I think I might have one song that's actually what genre it should be.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 14:02:27

At 10/9/10 01:59 PM, YouriX wrote:
At 10/9/10 01:52 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 10/9/10 01:42 PM, YouriX wrote:
Now. You cant really call it Liquid since it has more jazz/blues/house influence.

That's what liquid funk dnb is.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-09 14:03:46

At 10/9/10 02:00 PM, Bjra wrote: 99% of the population will think it's called techno. quit bitchin' XDDDDDDD

That makes me want to enjoy the made up genre names. Who wants to listen to some Symphonic Techcore!

BBS Signature