00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KrakoaOrBust just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,793,123 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-24 19:46:49

Intellectual relationship problems are much harder to deal with then dumb bitch problems it turns out. Man at least I KNEW i was right with my dumbshit ex.

When problems become too complex to explain properly without digressive misunderstandings how do you approach solving them?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-24 20:57:16

At 9/24/10 07:46 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Intellectual relationship problems are much harder to deal with then dumb bitch problems it turns out. Man at least I KNEW i was right with my dumbshit ex.

When problems become too complex to explain properly without digressive misunderstandings how do you approach solving them?

Admit your wrong and apologize. If the relationship is really worth it to you you'll back down from fights you don't need to get in. As long as she's not pussy whipping you, hand her a few arguments and apologize. Even if you think your right sometimes you have to bite your lip and just let it go.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-24 21:04:50

At 9/24/10 08:57 PM, Quarl wrote: Admit your wrong and apologize. If the relationship is really worth it to you you'll back down from fights you don't need to get in. As long as she's not pussy whipping you, hand her a few arguments and apologize. Even if you think your right sometimes you have to bite your lip and just let it go.

Because right after that comes the make-up sex.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-24 22:59:28

At 9/24/10 07:46 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Intellectual relationship problems are much harder to deal with then dumb bitch problems it turns out. Man at least I KNEW i was right with my dumbshit ex.

First you must think what the greatest philosopher of the Audio Forum who humbly calls himself Gravey would do, and he would tell you:
"Find a girl/guy that looks exactly like them and bang their brains out for a week!"
In thus, you have solved all of your worldly problems.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 00:46:44

At 9/24/10 08:57 PM, Quarl wrote: advice

Yea...okay so I took that advice. Thank you sir. Gordian knot type of situation I suppose it was.

At 9/24/10 09:04 PM, djInTheDark wrote: something about sex
At 9/24/10 10:59 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: something else about sex

Yea sex is gewd. I figured that out a while back. Good to hear you guys found out too

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 01:13:04

At 9/25/10 12:46 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 9/24/10 10:59 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: something else about sex
Yea sex is gewd. I figured that out a while back. Good to hear you guys found out too

Eh, sex isn't as great as everyone keeps telling me. Honestly i was just being a smart ass, i don't know about the others though lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 01:25:36

At 9/24/10 04:17 PM, Chronamut wrote: BOY I SURE LOVE COCKS

lolololololol

:D

<3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 01:31:29

At 9/25/10 12:46 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 9/24/10 08:57 PM, Quarl wrote: advice
Yea...okay so I took that advice. Thank you sir. Gordian knot type of situation I suppose it was.

sorry i didn't have some sort of he manish solution to your problem but i felt like being honest with you. also, if you can nail the sincerity the make up sex you get from a tough altercation can be fucking incredible.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 02:59:51

At 9/24/10 08:57 PM, Quarl wrote: Admit your wrong and apologize. If the relationship is really worth it to you you'll back down from fights you don't need to get in. As long as she's not pussy whipping you, hand her a few arguments and apologize. Even if you think your right sometimes you have to bite your lip and just let it go.

I find that sometimes when you blatantly don't agree with what the other is passionately raving about, it's better to just avoid picking up on the subject at all... As that just starts unnecessary arguments.

That said, it might be a good idea to DO talk about it when that passion about it is gone with the other, so you can casually pick the subject up. That's just to avoid having a shitty communication though, as not talking about the things on your mind is even worse than arguing about them.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 09:42:14

At 9/25/10 01:31 AM, Quarl wrote: sorry i didn't have some sort of he manish solution to your problem

there was no manish solution, in fact there wasnt even a solution haha. rather just a path of least destruction.

At 9/25/10 02:59 AM, Mich wrote: I find that sometimes when you blatantly don't agree with what the other is passionately raving about, it's better to just avoid picking up on the subject at all... As that just starts unnecessary arguments.

Agreeeee

casually pick the subject up. That's just to avoid having a shitty communication though, as not talking about the things on your mind is even worse than arguing about them.

Yes and no, when you have simple disagreements like "i dont think you should go get drunk with a bunch of dudes without me" then yes, but when you literally cant even explain your problem with english words, it becomes a whole other issue. When your problems starts creating multiple layers of paradoxes, and you have to abandon logicality completely and dive into abstract thought just to even approach an undefined subject, things get hazy. There's just too much grey area and misinterpretation involved, hence the constant digression into arbitrary debate.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 09:56:07

What are you guys debating about? Rubrik's cubes? If you can't argue about it in english then what's the point? Is english your second language?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 10:50:08

At 9/25/10 09:56 AM, Quarl wrote: What are you guys debating about? Rubrik's cubes? If you can't argue about it in english then what's the point? Is english your second language?

I actually could have a good debate about Rubiks cubes like F2L vs Petris method and fingerings for algorithms vs. move counts, but that would be easy in english(which is my first language).

Do you feel like your emotions and thoughts are limited by what language you know? If you feel something thats a unique emotion, do you just try to blur defined ones? Like "im happy & sad & anxious" or something?

When you get really deep into societal morality issues, you begin to have to define parameters to even talk about certain topics. My disorganized thought could just be played off by psychosis, but the effects that has on day to day interactions and understanding of others interactions is skewed by the fact that I grew up in the most liberal part of the world (southern california) and im now in the biblebelt midwest with a semi conservative intellectual girlfriend. The problems that come up arent really problems at all, just misinterpretations of connotations followed by digressive arguments.

But even with that crappy attempt at an explanation, there is no real way for me to express the "tension" between our interpretive mishaps.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 11:15:23

At 9/25/10 10:50 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: But even with that crappy attempt at an explanation, there is no real way for me to express the "tension" between our interpretive mishaps.

Well i think the problem is simple. You guys just dont click with each other. Look there was this girl i used to like. But we keep miscomunicating with each other for some odd reason. All our conversations feels forced.

On the otherhand i know this other girl and we can talk for hours non stop! We can feel what the other one is feeling. There are times that we could read each other or know what the other one is feeling with out talking to one another. Why? Because we clicked.

Our characters just match with each other better. While the other girl i use to like, her charcater just simply didnt match with mine. Her ambitions and dreams where completly diffrint then mine. Im a simple guy who has and seeks simple needs. While she has very complex and high standards about her life.

Well i hope i did help in any way :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 11:25:23

Language isn't just about words but I was asking that to try and get a better idea of how your relationship might be. Music is a language. People can have really good body language. I knew a guy back in highschool that dated a girl who spoke another language. Their relationship grew around their spanglish. Communication is important, that's why I was asking about that. Since you both speak the same language, that form of communication clearly isn't the problem.

Erm, at this point I'm backing off. I miss trolling this thread and I don't feel like anything I have to say at this point can help you without sounding hurtful :/

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 11:58:27

Guys guys, its not a HUGE deal, I just have major OCD on logic on this topic strikes my interest philosophically...we are an awesome couple and there is no forced conversation what so ever (I already went that route with my ex-fiancee (yuck))

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 12:41:40

Check it out, remix contest!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid =152935354738692

When im done with my entry i'll post a link.
The deadline is tuesday which doesnt give a lot of time, but you guys can still make a remix. This is especially cool if your into NIN

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 12:45:07

This might be a better link
http://www.nullco.com/TSN/contest/

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 13:06:54

BTW if anyone is in the Chicago area, Al Payson (a PAS hall of famer and former lead percussionist for the chicago symphony orchestra) is doing a clinique on polyrhyms in dupage county at my school for FREE, anyone interested contact me

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 14:32:18

I think you read into things too much. Me and my wife are total opposites in alot of categories (ex: I'm Satanist, she's Messianic Jewish.) and we fight about things all the time. But we never get angry for real because we understand each others views are different. Just the fact that you truly ACCEPT that your partners views differ from your own can totally change how you subconsciously view a situation between yourselves. Really, I see my "fights" and "arguments" with her as "debates". Other people seem to also get the impression of an "old couple", like two people who've been together for 40 years.
Hell, because of such things I can play hentai games all I want and even talk about them with her because she accepts that part of me is a perverted otaku. Even my song "The Dare" is all about rape and stalking from the view of three different men who could also be one in the same and she thinks it's an amazing song. Maybe I'm just different though but who knows?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 14:34:17

Language

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

May I have the mother fucking cunt licking big-ass shit salt please?

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 15:59:07

" Maybe I'm just different though but who knows?"

What????

Either you are different or its me, because I don't feel like you do.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 16:04:14

Rahmemhotep

So how/when did you come to the conclusion that you were going to start worshipping Satan?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 07:18:42

At 9/25/10 04:04 PM, SBB wrote: Rahmemhotep

So how/when did you come to the conclusion that you were going to start worshipping Satan?

Yeah how do you wake up one morining and decide to worship Satan. The blood enemy of God?

I mean you are worshipping the one being who gave men sin there for losing immortality. And lost the oppertunity to live in a wonderfull paradise. Where we can study nature create art and enjoy alot of wonderfull things in life!

Is like worshipping the person who gave you aids!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 07:31:26

I don't think satanists believe in the biblical description of Satan.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 07:56:45

At 9/26/10 07:18 AM, YouriX wrote:
At 9/25/10 04:04 PM, SBB wrote: Rahmemhotep

Yeah how do you wake up one morining and decide to worship Satan. The blood enemy of God?

I mean you are worshipping the one being who gave men sin there for losing immortality. And lost the oppertunity to live in a wonderfull paradise. Where we can study nature create art and enjoy alot of wonderfull things in life!

Is like worshipping the person who gave you aids!

Biblical description:

God made the world, made being, made material and substance, made man. God created sin and denies every person who gives in ( or as I'd like to see it, does not possess the strength to defy sin, ) a comfortable afterlife and ships them off to Satan.

Then there's Satan, who looks over everybody who gave in to sin and keeps them away from those who don't.

God burned down a city, Sodom, because the residents were gay. (True, amongst other things) His followers wrote it down in a book and just HAD TO share it with the rest of the fucking populace as if it were a divine and pure act. This would not be possible at all if God did not create homosexuality, crime, murder, anything. Or rather this would be possible, but unjustified. It would not be possible, if God had not created destruction.

Just think of this. God made the world, therefore, God made everything you resent. This from a biblical point of view. I, myself, am an athiest.

You can not call God allbeing, all powerful AND pure. it is conflicting and no Sunday morning indoctrination will misguide me to believing otherwise.

Go figure which one's the bad guy. I won't ever start bashing religion, but so help me god, if I see any of you giving undefined praise to a higher entity without specifically noting what they are praising it for, I will be back..

Sorry. I had to.

And how DARE you even talk about Satan and aids, while it is God who both created aids aswell as posing restrictions on the use of contraception.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 08:04:10

let's not go there

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 08:05:29

Okami Soundtrack

I've got to say, I just finished playing the OUTSTANDINGLY well-done Wii game, Okami, and managed to find the soundtrack on the Internet. I REALLY recommend you give the soundtrack a listen.

There are hundreds of brilliant Japanese-style songs which fit perfectly in the game and sound amazing when heard as standalone songs too. My favourites would be this and this (skip to around 2:00 if you can't stand long intros).

You can download them all for free too over here.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 08:19:05

At 9/26/10 08:04 AM, SBB wrote: let's not go there

I apologized. I am aware of the paradox that cannot be solved here and now. I do not intend to bash religion, only when people claim that you get aids because you don't believe in God. It infuriates me to no end and (literally) to avoid mental disintegration I have to spit my fire.

I do not hold grudges against religion or religious people. I am at peace with both, but it is wrong in absolute measures to state all the shit in the world happens because you do not believe. I will not try to convince you to step to science, but I do not want Jehova's witnesses at my door every freaking week. MUTUAL RESPECT PLEASE TYVM

Done now.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 10:23:32

north carolina

so today i think we're going to kitty hawk, which is pretty cool. hello heavier-than-air flight

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 10:26:04

At 9/26/10 08:19 AM, la-yinn wrote:
I do not hold grudges against religion

Atheism is a religion, you know that right? It's just based on inductive reasoning as apposed to most being deductive.