00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,645 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 08:47:18

At 7/5/09 08:14 AM, la-yinn wrote: Something MICH can do what we all can

Renaming the link isn't something we are unfamiliar with, MICH. :p

Nope, he owns the michhimself.com domain name :P check the link in the status bar.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 14:51:50

I like how the guy who gave me a 0/10 review on both of my latest songs has only one song to his own name, and it's a generic forgettable pop-rock song.

You guys ever check out the pages of people who blast into your shit, just to see if they can compare?

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 15:08:01

At 7/5/09 02:51 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: I like how the guy who gave me a 0/10 review on both of my latest songs has only one song to his own name, and it's a generic forgettable pop-rock song.

You guys ever check out the pages of people who blast into your shit, just to see if they can compare?

Nope. And definitely don't bring it up in here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 15:14:56

My bad, I s'ppose

Even with the first post, I assumed you can pretty much talk about anything.
Fine then.
----------------

Has anyone here ever read books by David Eddings? Like, The Belgariad and The Malloreon?
I just finished the latter a few days ago, and I must say, I am extremely impressed.

You see, I am a pretty big fantasy buff, and consider myself a big Tolkien enthusiast (enough that I made two songs about LOTR), but Eddings' style is so captivating, that I found myself reading 30-50 pages every chance of free time I got.

I mean, I read 1000 pages of The Malloreon in one week, and I don't think I've ever read that much before, at least that much in such a short time (I am a voracious reader, along with a voracious appetite for music). If anyone is remotely interested in the fantasy genre, I cannot recommend the Belgariad/Malloreon combo enough.

Anyone ever hear of them? If not, what type of books you like to read?

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 16:36:14

Personally I find Asian literature to be too dry for my tastes; "The Tale of Prince Genji" started to drag early on and didn't stop doing so, and "The Art of War" is not my cup of tea.

What I liked about Eddings is that early on in the books, you care about and adore every single character, and it makes you want to read on if only to find out what happens to them next.

Whereas in Tolkien, the greatest thing about it was the timeless sense of history about the whole Silmarillion/LOTR stuff; you felt you were reading something that was larger than the characters themselves.

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 17:00:05

Probably already been covered but.. how hard would it be for the audio portal to change it's #1 all-time scoring AND p-bots top choice if it doesn't exist??

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 17:03:22

At 7/5/09 05:00 PM, DamonGuyett wrote: Probably already been covered but.. how hard would it be for the audio portal to change it's #1 all-time scoring AND p-bots top choice if it doesn't exist??

It just hasn't been programmed. It's not like the bots actually think. They just act how they're programmed. and appearantly they're currently not programmed to deal with a non-existing submission.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 19:28:50

tune in tonight at 8pm (NG time/EDT) for the Orgy cast with KaroKarra and I Now you can call in as well (MORE INFO WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE SHOW TONIGHT)!

"a three hour experiment to breathe life back into Radiogrounds," THE ORGY CAST WITH KAROKARRA AND GREY SHADO EVER SUNDAY 8-10PM NG TIME

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 21:31:45

At 7/5/09 09:17 PM, Chronamut wrote: everyone get in the irc room we got quit ea few people tonite!

is the irc available for mac? cause i'd probably join if it is

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 22:36:34

Propellerheads record beta invite thing

I have this 'invite' thing, I can give one person access to the (fully functional) beta version of Propellerheads' new "Record" software that's being released in September. If any of you guys want to try it out, send me a PM, whoever asks first gets it

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-05 22:41:51

At 7/5/09 10:04 PM, Chronamut wrote: I am pretty sure it is. You gotta d/l a client - or use chatzilla which is in firefox I believe.. or go to my newspost and read up on what to do there..

i think i'm the only one in the chat room right now.. not really sure.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-06 10:34:17

IRC chat? Cool, I guess.

Where can I find the server/channel/etc. info?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-06 10:44:40

At 7/6/09 10:34 AM, Deathroad wrote: IRC chat? Cool, I guess.

Where can I find the server/channel/etc. info?

http://chronamut.newgrounds.com/

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 13:40:49

At 7/7/09 01:36 PM, Quarl wrote: Songs I'm addicted to...

Where's Rucklo when you need him?

The AF is pretty much left unmoderated for a week or 2. Rucklo mentioned he wouldn't have any time at all to moderate for at least a week.

And I have no clue where SBB and snayk are either.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 15:16:34

WOW the lightning and thunder over here is loud

yeah so there is a storm above my house
i wish i had a nice microphone to record the lightning sounds (thunder)

my dogs are crawling under the couch as we speak

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 15:19:25

Thunder and Lightning

Had some storms over this side of the sea lately too. Not as bad as to have my pets crawling away though. I've been pretty freaked out by the storms lately, there seems to have been an increase in the amount of people being struck by lightning recently. Irrational I know, ah well! :P I want a dog.. :[

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 15:20:13

Yeah seriously guys... do you want to get this locked again?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 15:23:43

At 7/7/09 03:20 PM, gregaaron89 wrote: Yeah seriously guys... do you want to get this locked again?

Shh. The subject changed.

Thunder and lightning
At work today (I work outside) we were hiding for the rain in the forest when there was a slight thunderstorm. It's a bit scary, but the storm stayed far enough away.
Is it actually dangerous when you're in a forest and not under a lonely tree?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 15:26:49

Thunder and lightning

Funny even in the hardest storms i still manage to sleep in :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 15:29:05

Thunder and Lightning

Mich, I heard being under a tree was dangerous? Man, I can never remember these things.
Also Youri, you're a jammy git, I'm in an attic bedroom, so when the rain hits my window, it's almost at parallel with the sky, making it impossible to get any good sleep in. :(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 15:50:11

Thunder and Lightning

At 7/7/09 03:29 PM, Zenan wrote: Mich, I heard being under a tree was dangerous? Man, I can never remember these things.

Yeah indeed, as the lightning would strike on the tree because it's a high point. I was just thinking that it might be less dangerous in a forest as there are multiple tree with different heights; and we were surely not under the highest one.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 17:49:41

Deep sleeper

At 7/7/09 03:29 PM, Zenan wrote: Also Youri, you're a jammy git

Yeah i can sleep at will as long as im in a good mood. And i had some practice with sleeping in a loud enviroment. Because my appartment is build next to this disco party club or something, so they play loud music. Yet i managed to sleep like a rock. At first i didnt notice this until a friend came by to sleep over so he was awake all night because of the party while i was surfing in Dreamworld :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 17:51:48

I'm the type of person that is a very light sleeper, and a picky one too.

I like total silence, and any obtrusive noise will keep me awake.

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 19:55:37

At 7/7/09 03:16 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: WOW the lightning and thunder over here is loud

yeah so there is a storm above my house
i wish i had a nice microphone to record the lightning sounds (thunder)

my dogs are crawling under the couch as we speak

i was at the beach and it started to rain and thunder an shit. worst day of my beach life.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 19:58:30

Sleeper type

you can drive a semi full of dynamite and chickens into my bedroom and set it off and i wont wake up,
but if someone says my name of i hear an unfamiliar voice i wake up in a flash

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 20:04:26

ZEROBOMBCAST SHOULD BE BACK TONIGHT!!!

This week, no computers were stolen, I have internet, and all of my DJ equipment is here and ready to go. So... assuming no other random bullshit happens to me... the Tuesday Zerobombcast should start in two hours. (10PM EST/NG tiem) So make sure to tune in!

Also.... severe drunkenness on the horizon.

I turn 21 tomorrow!!! =D

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 20:10:57

Turning 21

make sure you chug watered down orange juice when you get back. if you aren't blacked out by then of course

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 20:22:11

It won't be my first time being trashed though lolol.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 20:37:25

its 19 here and when i turned 19 i did not buy beer,
i get high off life

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-07-07 20:40:31

yeah but you're turning 21 so it's special. extra precautions should be taken lol, we had to carry my resident assistant back to his dorm after his 21st birthday, he looked like hell the day after