00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Whraen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,789,653 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-21 19:32:36

diarrheic

Good word, dude... good word.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-21 20:00:59

Work

Someone dropped off a working Sesame Street "laptop" (basically you press a key and Big Bird says the letter and something that begins with the letter). I'm gonna sample it, then try my hand at circuit bending.

Ohhhh yeahhh.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-21 20:10:22

At 5/21/09 08:00 PM, Rig wrote: Someone dropped off a working Sesame Street "laptop" (basically you press a key and Big Bird says the letter and something that begins with the letter). I'm gonna sample it, then try my hand at circuit bending.
Ohhhh yeahhh.

^
No good can come out of this.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-21 20:13:02

At 5/21/09 08:10 PM, ninjakoopa-33 wrote:
At 5/21/09 08:00 PM, Rig wrote: Someone dropped off a working Sesame Street "laptop" (basically you press a key and Big Bird says the letter and something that begins with the letter). I'm gonna sample it, then try my hand at circuit bending.
Ohhhh yeahhh.
^
No good can come out of this.

You're wrong. Sampling old stuff is awesome! ;D
Are you gonna share said samples, Mr. Rig ?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-21 20:49:22

At 5/21/09 08:00 PM, Rig wrote: Work

Someone dropped off a working Sesame Street "laptop" (basically you press a key and Big Bird says the letter and something that begins with the letter). I'm gonna sample it, then try my hand at circuit bending.

Please do this .. im really interested in seeing how that would come out... if you can, make some youtube videos of you circuit bending it .. like time lapse or something.. i think it would be a good media project

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-21 21:09:14

At 5/21/09 08:00 PM, Rig wrote: Work

Ohhhh yeahhh.

Do it!

I've just about finished sampling my speak and spell. Just need to find some time to chop up the resulting 40 minute wav file :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-21 21:16:50

At 5/21/09 08:13 PM, MICHhimself wrote: Are you gonna share said samples, Mr. Rig ?

Of course I am.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-21 21:38:03

At 5/21/09 09:16 PM, Rig wrote:
At 5/21/09 08:13 PM, MICHhimself wrote: Are you gonna share said samples, Mr. Rig ?
Of course I am.

Good mod. =)
Also, are you gonna hang around the audio bits of the forum a bit more? We don't see you around much nowadays...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-21 22:02:23

Circuit Bending
Rig, I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but CKUT (a McGill radio station) had a bunch of people really into circuit bending, my roommate built a bunch of noise making shenanigans last year. I've got a busted midi keyboard I might use as a casing for some random noise generating fun. It's interesting to drop in on their sessions, a lot of wicked stuff can be done with circuit bending.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-21 23:45:48

At 5/21/09 10:02 PM, tingtonger wrote: Circuit Bending
Rig, I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but CKUT (a McGill radio station) had a bunch of people really into circuit bending, my roommate built a bunch of noise making shenanigans last year.

Hey, I did an interview there last month. Maybe I'll check them out again once I'm back in Montreal.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-22 01:19:37

Circuit Bending

Yeah, they seem to have some cool things going on. I volunteered there for a bit but got busy doing other things throughout the year; I'd like to check that place out a bit more. Getting some radio time would be pretty wild too :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-22 05:00:01

statposts

are NOT allowed anywhere else on the NGBBS than in this thread!
If somone posts a statpost, don't reply to it, it'll soon enough get deleted, and the original poster possibly banned for it.

Statposts is kind of +1-postcount posts that'll get you banned all over the forum - all according to the BBS-rules.

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-22 06:50:59

Forum Deities

At 5/21/09 09:38 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 5/21/09 09:16 PM, Rig wrote:
Of course I am.
Good mod. =)

Am I the only one who finds it brutally ironic that this rhymes with "good god"?

I'm pretty sure I am. :P

Question on clubs, concerts, the meaning of life, the universe and everything
Anyways, I have a really nasty hangover from yesterday, we were at a re-opening concert of a club in the city, plus my friend had his 20th birthday. Sadly, the booze was the best part of the concert.

I mean, it's probably the most important alternative club in the entire country, and they organized a re-opening concert in which three bands participated. No-one that I know has ever heard of those bands before that. Shouldn't an event like this one be followed with a bit more spectacle? For reference, bands like Behemoth, Necrophagist, UK-Subs, many ska, reggae and rock bands as well as a lot of DJ's played in this club. And the opening introduced three completely unknown bands (not to mention that their music is TERRIBLE, and the sound that they have chosen for the concert was even worse- guitars completely drowned in the bass and similar shit).

So, I ask you: why the hell would the owner of the club organize a lousy opening day?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-22 07:11:02

Cure my angriness.

I am fucking angry at the moment. Long story short. I formed a band with my best mate, and a normal dude. Everything ws going fine, but the normal dude didn't contribute. Anyway, me and my mate were progressing. And now the fucking normal guy dials me and says, can you help me. I say, yeah man. Can you help me with beats, we're re-creating a famous song. He said he and 2 more guys formed a band, and they are doing something, and MY BAND member invite me into another band. Fucking sick. I told him, fuck off, you don't contribute. He said, you didn't call me to help. Anyway, I'm fucking mad, it's just unfair, he is keeping his ass there, where it's warmer and cozier for him.

TLDR; My band member invites me into another band. I tell him to fuck of and decline the offer. I am mad. Help.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-22 09:41:27

At 5/22/09 07:11 AM, MrSaint wrote: Cure my angriness.

BAND MEMBERS --- ANGER CURENow you can kick him out of the band that he doesnt contribute to. find a new and better member. Its a win win situation man.

My "Singer" just quit my band wich was once called vinco sonitus. His singing really wasnt all that good anyway.. he sang off tune, he would scream like a banchee (not a cool banchee). and generally he wrote kinda cheesy lyrics. so we kinda told him to stop singing and to use his keyboard and sampler more. He didnt really know what he was doing with the samplerf and keyboard but it was better than his singing.

He recently quit, we are now progressing faster as a band without worrying about him not being able to play his instrument and we dont have to have a silly name like Vinco Sonitus..(it sounds like a nasal condition).

Dont get me wrong he was a really cool guy... bit of a space cadet but seriously its better for the band that hes not involved. we finally just completed our 30 min long xsemi structured jam song.. and now we can move on to more stuff.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-22 09:59:42

Band Members

I started feeling better and calmed down. You're correct Cymbal, at least we can progress without him. Because actually he was a guitar noob, who quited a while ago. We got 2 members at the moment, though I think we will do fine. We don't have a drummer though. I play acoustic guitar, my mate can play piano and the synthsizer keyboard. I started using Fruity Loops lately. Don't know what to do, but you can't find a drummer around a corner in our place. Also, there's this guy, who also plays guitar, he is quiet serious and he plays electric guitar. He is good in my opinion, I might offer him to join.

We already decided to make a guitar part on Monday, we will see how it goes. We're pretty good friends.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-22 22:13:50

Impulsive Mich -> website

Today, I figured that if I'm gonna help so many people in FL studio, I might as well make a collection of articles on it. And to organize that properly... you need a site. So I crapped out this thing all today. Took a bloody long time to screen cap those interface thingies, copy-past and shift around to get this result.

Now to add content. But first bedtime as it's past 4am her.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 00:02:23

BJARA

LOL tom put you in his front page post.. niiice dude

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 08:37:40

Loooong day

Yesterday, I was sitting in a studio mastering some track since 8:30 in the morning until 4:30 in the afternoon. I didn't think I'd ever get bored of being in a studio to be honest.

Then I had to wait around for 3 hours, then had to do a performance. Didn't get back home until 10.

MY GOD! D:
So now I feel like shit.

YAY! Guys the weekend. Got any plans?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 11:39:19

Plans?

Not Really. Made a Track and Created a New Account after I found that Spirit was taken by a Successful Drum 'n' Bass artist, but Besides, I prefer this one ;D Its just that I can't Use a Colon so I use a Hyphen instead...

Yeah Its Sp1r1T if you Haven't Already Guessed. :]

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 12:32:10

At 5/23/09 11:39 AM, Alex-Co wrote:
Plans?

Not Really. Made a Track and Created a New Account after I found that Spirit was taken by a Successful Drum 'n' Bass artist, but Besides, I prefer this one ;D Its just that I can't Use a Colon so I use a Hyphen instead...

Yeah Its Sp1r1T if you Haven't Already Guessed. :]

umm.. you know that you can PM tom to change your name... you dont need to create a new account

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 13:23:10

umm.. you know that you can PM tom to change your name... you dont need to create a new account

I know. But Theres songs on that account that I cant get rid of. I Pm'd Wade but Nothing happened so I'm leaving it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 13:26:55

Dead air
For the past couple days i've felt NO inspiration or drive or any kind of motivation to pick up and finish some projects that need to get done/started. I just want to sit outside and watch the clouds.

I thought writer's block was bad, turns out being burnt out is ten times worse.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 13:41:13

At 5/23/09 12:32 PM, Sungazer wrote: umm.. you know that you can PM tom to change your name... you dont need to create a new account

Coming from you... lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 13:45:29

what's up y'all!!! the legend has returned for a brief moment! i gotta get ta work soon and it's been a hwhile since i posted. just figured i'd stop in and say hey. so hey. now go get jobs ya bums!!! mwahahahahahaha!!!!!!

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 13:46:54

Dear Air

because the last song I made for -me- was about 7 months ago. I started this whole music thing way too late (early 17's I believe) and I've decided I want to make this my profession, so i'm running uphill all the time to catch up and stay competitive with those who were educated young and have the opportunity to go to schools and colleges teaching them this stuff I'm spending hours on google to learn. In an already saturated market you have to push so hard, and there is no time to rest for many years yet.

These are also songs on commission, there are deadlines to meet, criteria to fill and clients to keep happy. Just "leaving it and coming back when I feel inspired" won't cut it, and if you ever choose to and find yourself working for hire you will quickly realize this to be the case.

Anyways I don't mean to whine or come off edgy, I just need to find a way to pace myself better, stay productive while focusing for long periods of time. I thought that whole "we're young!" thing was supposed to let us be this reckless until we hit like fifty >:c!!

Cake is a lie.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 14:04:16

At 5/23/09 01:26 PM, MaestroRage wrote: being burnt out is ten times worse.

Amen, brother. Drugs are bad though, PS :3

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 18:43:41

Shampoo

So guys, I need recommendations on brands of shampoo. I have very thick, curly hair. Any suggestions? I don't want to keep using the ones that my siblings do (I don't really like the smell of watermelon in my hair, lol)...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 18:48:33

Shampoo

At 5/23/09 06:43 PM, Nav wrote: So guys, I need recommendations on brands of shampoo. I have very thick, curly hair. Any suggestions? I don't want to keep using the ones that my siblings do (I don't really like the smell of watermelon in my hair, lol)...

How about Head and shoulders?

Webdevelopment
As some of you may know, I've been working my ass off on a little website the kast 2 days. It's still not finished at all, but I'm pretty proud already. I figured you guys might as well want to take a look and give me some comments and ideas ;)
FRUITYTUTS

You can go on the chat, but I'm not sure there'll be many people there atm (active people that is).
I'm not on there anymore now, as I'm going to bed :p

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-23 18:53:02

Shampoo

lol random
At 5/23/09 06:43 PM, Nav wrote:
So guys, I need recommendations on brands of shampoo. I have very thick, curly hair. Any suggestions? I don't want to keep using the ones that my siblings do (I don't really like the smell of watermelon in my hair, lol)...

If you have thick curly hair, DON'T use anything that says "moisturizing" on it. You'll end up with a huge afro (unless that's what you're going for) I have pretty thick, slightly wavy hair and I use head and shoulders 2 in 1 and it prevents the fluffy afro effect (which btw gets statically attracted to EVERYTHING) that I used to get with my old shampoo. I don't know how it would be on curly hair though.