00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Will draw for food

3,072 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Will draw for food 2009-01-10 18:58:25

Well, here it is...my own place to show artsy stuff. I kick off with some stuff I made some time ago. This is some badass character I made for a amateur game that never got released. I think I name him mr. Waffles:D

Will draw for food

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-10 19:03:52

kick ass. reminds me of kratos from god of war

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-10 19:08:28

At 1/10/09 07:03 PM, Fleshlight wrote: kick ass. reminds me of kratos from god of war

Yeah, but crossed with Jason with that mask thing :P pretty awesome stuuf here

If you're reading this, i'm sorry, i havn't got anything funny to say here.

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-10 20:19:39

Can Mr. Waffles make a good waffle?

Looks good btw, though, his cloth/clothes seem to be a bit high up. It makes the legs seem disproportional. Nice color job though.

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-10 20:24:43

looks great but the hands...like the one thats grabbing the sword...thats an odd place meant or just a twisted up arm he has....and he has sausage hands

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-10 20:29:33

At 1/10/09 08:24 PM, SmilingIdiot wrote: looks great but the hands...like the one thats grabbing the sword...thats an odd place meant or just a twisted up arm he has....and he has sausage hands

agreed, i suggest drawing your left hand (or right, if you're left handed.) in some sort of a pose. it really does make for some good practice.

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-10 20:30:07

:O Thats awesome. Got any more?

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-11 05:52:07

you're right about the hand thing, but the hands were the last part to flesh out when working on this and the clock was ticking. Maybe I give it a revisit, shouldnt be this lazy. Here's the turnaround of the character. the anatomy is a bit wonky, but it was mostly used for the 3d artist to view occasionaly when he was modeling.

Will draw for food

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-11 06:22:59

hehe sweet

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-11 07:07:53

How long did this take?

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-11 08:58:57

At 1/11/09 07:07 AM, Fapido wrote: How long did this take?

depends on the piece, but I usually work 6-10 hours on a concept. Turnarounds and quick concepts take about a hour. Most of the time I start over because I dont like the current state of a drawing, so I think the final of mr. Waffles took about an three hours. It was made a few months ago, I improved greatly on speed so I guess it would take me about a hour to redo the whole thing if I wanted to. And no, I dont want to:P

Will draw for food

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-11 09:46:41

At 1/10/09 06:58 PM, HumanClay wrote: Well, here it is...my own place to show artsy stuff. I kick off with some stuff I made some time ago. This is some badass character I made for a amateur game that never got released. I think I name him mr. Waffles:D

As many have stated, the hand thing is off, but maybe you shou;d make that a characteristic of him, like being double jointed on his whole hand or something.

Or his whole body. That'd be cool.

Anyways, nice work.

BBS Signature

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-11 10:10:53

Ha! i guess it say something about me that i like this one more than the first :P Waffles :D

If you're reading this, i'm sorry, i havn't got anything funny to say here.

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-12 03:48:23

*ding* some more cartoony characters. A friend of mine liked the guy with the weird hair in the upper right corner and named him Malfesto. According to him, Malfesto is a sneaky pokerplayer who hides cards, money and occasionaly a small poodle in his hair. I think I work him out further, Malfesto does look like the kind of guy that comes at night to your house to put a dead badger in your bed if you doesnt draw him.

Will draw for food

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-12 04:10:27

At 1/10/09 06:58 PM, HumanClay wrote: Well, here it is...my own place to show artsy stuff. I kick off with some stuff I made some time ago. This is some badass character I made for a amateur game that never got released. I think I name him mr. Waffles:D

Awesome character
Reminds me of Jason, Kratos and Nightmare all rolled up into one.

http://darkesthatred.deviantart.com /

I look inside myself and see my Heart is Black

TFHHA 2> http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229419/4

BBS Signature

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-12 06:21:32

At 1/10/09 06:58 PM, HumanClay wrote: I think I name him mr. Waffles:D

lmao, Waffles? What a fitting name for such a brutal looking character, very nicely made, with all those roundish symbolish items in the background I start thinking about Naruto . . . but w/e, very detailed, great design, could build up a quite unique personality for him as well.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-12 11:59:28

At 1/12/09 03:48 AM, HumanClay wrote: *ding* some more cartoony characters. A friend of mine liked the guy with the weird hair in the upper right corner and named him Malfesto. According to him, Malfesto is a sneaky pokerplayer who hides cards, money and occasionaly a small poodle in his hair. I think I work him out further, Malfesto does look like the kind of guy that comes at night to your house to put a dead badger in your bed if you doesnt draw him.

Nice character sheet all different sizes all different looks vastly unique :)

Keep it coming

BBS Signature

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-12 12:05:52

you got awesome designs and great colors, still goes to show that you need a solid grasp of anatomy . the painter dude's right arm looks awkward, and it pulls your eye to it, even though thats not the intention.

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-12 12:18:39

Hand that's grabbing for the sword looks awkward. The thumb is going in the wrong direction on that hand.

Also, neck looks kind of too thick, and I can only make out one leg. The leg looks weird coming down from the center of his body.

It looks like you've gotten the details down, but your anatomy needs work.

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-12 13:13:17

Yeah, I know that my anatomy needs some serious work. I sketch on daily basis, but most sketches end up in the trashbin since they have awkward deformations or just random muscles. Still, I cant imagine a better future than drawing to get payed:) doing art is simply my way of life. Maybe most of the work is crap, but at least it is MY crap where I poured all my heart (and sometimes a inkblotch or pencilsmudge) in. Here's one of my better-looking anatomy sketches. And yes, I know about the short legs and weird bone structure. But thanks for saying:D

Will draw for food

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-12 13:15:22

I really like your work, you have a nice feeling for this. Studying anatomy is my only tip, but i see you've been told that.
I must also say you have a really good sketch-style, i like the lines.

Response to Will draw for food 2009-01-25 16:32:23

its been a while since I posted something. Here's something that I made recently, a logo for someone who makes cd covers. I really like inking stuff, and angry 'dont mess with me, I just killed someone with a rusty spoon' guys are always a epic win;)

Will draw for food

Response to Will draw for food 2009-02-08 18:00:13

meh, time to wipe away some dust from this topic. Another logo, another customer. Same style as the previous one though, people seem to like it:P

Will draw for food

Response to Will draw for food 2009-02-08 23:56:20

At 2/8/09 06:00 PM, HumanClay wrote: meh, time to wipe away some dust from this topic. Another logo, another customer. Same style as the previous one though, people seem to like it:P

FFFFFFUUCK that is epic.

I wish I had your talent :'(

Gamertag: VI-Chuckles-IV || Gamerscore: 6,000 || Zone: Recreation

I love you guys.

Response to Will draw for food 2009-02-28 15:54:33

a viking sketch. because vikings ROCK!!!

Will draw for food

Response to Will draw for food 2009-02-28 16:31:52

Very nice stuff here. you've got some great talent

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Will draw for food 2009-03-01 00:31:57

guys its obv the barbairan fomr castle crashers

Response to Will draw for food 2009-03-01 02:27:28

At 2/28/09 03:54 PM, HumanClay wrote: a viking sketch. because vikings ROCK!!!

A very drunk barbarian at that.

Response to Will draw for food 2009-03-01 06:01:32

At 3/1/09 12:31 AM, TheL1st wrote:
guys its obv the barbairan fomr castle crashers

I think you are referring to the mask here, the others elements and size of the body arent really Caste Crashers-esque. I have to to disappoint you, I made this way before CC, and even then I ripped it from a Warhammer dude...(oh shiiit).....

Response to Will draw for food 2009-03-01 06:15:25

A cat that passed by when I was sketching this morning. Since cats are the most dull creatures I know, I decided to give it a moustache and a small tophat. The cat seemed to approve the changes, said 'meow!', and walked on...

Will draw for food