00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LightyJaeger just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest

36,880 Views | 441 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 19:25:32

what the fuck why did that shit ass copterphant win anything??? the rest are gr8. the shell patterns on the tortoise and suchos first are rad as phuq. also turkey shoulda placed higher.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 19:39:42

At 1/27/09 06:36 PM, THESNOOPESGUY wrote:
At 1/27/09 06:34 PM, MindChamber wrote: nice group of warm , friendly supporting artist in here.

Almost warms my cold robotic heart.
You have a Robotic Heart? Strange...

my grandmom has a robotic heart. wait..thats a pacemaker. maybe thats why i dont get allowances anymore...

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 19:41:17

At 1/27/09 07:25 PM, MadCow wrote: what the fuck why did that shit ass copterphant win anything???

it moves.

i love how it's upside down too. so much mischief can be done with its trunk free.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 19:54:20

At 1/27/09 07:41 PM, sucho wrote:
At 1/27/09 07:25 PM, MadCow wrote: what the fuck why did that shit ass copterphant win anything???
it moves.

i love how it's upside down too. so much mischief can be done with its trunk free.

thats the dumbest shit i ever heard. so many other entries were better than it. there is no way that you can tell me that was better than this. thats not fair that it won because it moved. if it was a still image itd be even more mediocre

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 19:59:38

At 1/27/09 07:54 PM, MadCow wrote:

thats the dumbest shit i ever heard. so many other entries were better than it. there is no way that you can tell me that was better than this. thats not fair that it won because it moved. if it was a still image itd be even more mediocre

the mods work in mysterious ways

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 20:25:54

Dear MadCow,

I would like to cordially invite you to assist in the judging of the next contest. Then maybe you'll have a better understand of how it all works. You'll get to spend HOURS deliberating, arguing, and attempting to agree on FIVE out of 250+ entries with several other equally opinionated individuals. Once that delightful process is complete, you'll get the unparalleled pleasure of basking in the joyous aftermath of your efforts ...the elation of the winners, the disappointment of the non-winners, and the bitching from people like you who seem to think this is all such an easy, cut and dry task. It'll be fun! I can't wait!

Sincerely,
Renae

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 21:13:13

It's not all about the quality of the art, y'know. Creativity, fun and just how fucking awesome it would be to have as a pet were all considered as well as it being a pet and not some gimmick, lame appliance or awesome creatutre. Personally I'd rather have a fuzzy, blue copterphant than any other single pet that was posted. Just look at it! Cute, fuzzy, blue, it hovers.... brilliant! =]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 21:15:40

At 1/27/09 07:54 PM, MadCow wrote:
At 1/27/09 07:41 PM, sucho wrote:
it moves.

Thanks for the good comments on mine and sucho's pieces!

Yeah, I was surprised that one didn't win anything either. I loved the light on it.

But from the judge's point of view, they look for not only artistic ability but the idea and cuteness and creativity of the abilities of the pet. Obviously if it were rendered in high quality as a photoshop painting instead of a gif, it would have probably won for its artistic ability AND originality since having an elephant with a helicopter tail would be extremely badass to the extreme. hope that helps.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 21:18:10

you guys should vote on entries iron chef style

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 21:19:58

At 1/27/09 09:18 PM, Fleshlight wrote: you guys should vote on entries iron chef style

what, cook and taste the pets too?

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 21:24:42

At 1/27/09 09:18 PM, Fleshlight wrote: you guys should vote on entries iron chef style

...with 260 entries? Yeah, that ain't gonna happen! Although I'd love to hang out with the Chairman! Talk about delicious! lol!!

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 21:24:48

At 1/27/09 09:19 PM, Starogre wrote:
what, cook and taste the pets too?

quality 10
creativity 10
awesomeness 10
adding up to a possible 30 points

but that's probably too much work.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 21:48:50

It sucks because my tablet just got here yesterday.

lmao.

Congraz guyzzz.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 22:23:09

At 1/27/09 09:24 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
...with 260 entries? Yeah, that ain't gonna happen! Although I'd love to hang out with the Chairman! Talk about delicious! lol!!

i keep forgetting that people refer to the american version now. i got all excited...

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 22:28:53

At 1/27/09 10:23 PM, sucho wrote:
i keep forgetting that people refer to the american version now. i got all excited...

This topic needs more Iron Chef.

This forum needs more Iron Chef.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 22:45:28

At 1/27/09 10:28 PM, Jonas wrote:

oh, he should be in his moocow shirt. his warddrobe was half the wonder and. beauty. of that show

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-27 23:10:25

At 1/27/09 10:28 PM, Jonas wrote:

we need to make an art forum cooking thread. Although there's already a failed one at C&C

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-28 01:14:04

At 1/27/09 08:25 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Dear MadCow,

I would like to cordially invite you to assist in the judging of the next contest. Then maybe you'll have a better understand of how it all works. You'll get to spend HOURS deliberating, arguing, and attempting to agree on FIVE out of 250+ entries with several other equally opinionated individuals. Once that delightful process is complete, you'll get the unparalleled pleasure of basking in the joyous aftermath of your efforts ...the elation of the winners, the disappointment of the non-winners, and the bitching from people like you who seem to think this is all such an easy, cut and dry task. It'll be fun! I can't wait!

Sincerely,
Renae

yeh ok bub. you think yer being a smartass but i was voted best judge in a judging contest to which i was both a contestant and judge @ the same time, so yeh, im pretty swell imh0

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-28 02:00:20

Aww poop didn't win.

Hey great job to everyone and congrats to the winners! I was rooting for Sucho's and Pox's the most.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-28 02:06:18

At 1/28/09 01:14 AM, MadCow wrote: yeh ok bub. you think yer being a smartass but i was voted best judge in a judging contest to which i was both a contestant and judge @ the same time, so yeh, im pretty swell imh0

When you're the only contestant, judge and voter, you're bound to win something :P

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-28 02:16:00

At 1/28/09 02:06 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 1/28/09 01:14 AM, MadCow wrote: yeh ok bub. you think yer being a smartass but i was voted best judge in a judging contest to which i was both a contestant and judge @ the same time, so yeh, im pretty swell imh0
When you're the only contestant, judge and voter, you're bound to win something :P

damn your ceaseless necromancing heathen! you shall burn for your beliefs because they are different from mine

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-28 02:17:27

awww i thought my bong was sure to win

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-28 02:51:42

woohoo glad sucho won well deserved mate the others were fun ... overall a great contest hope you guys have more of these coming soon.

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-28 03:32:06

At 1/28/09 02:17 AM, DarthJames wrote: awww i thought my bong was sure to win

quite unfortunate indeed. my heart goes out to you and your family bro. i hope you can at least find solace in the fact that it is indeed much better than copterphant

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-28 05:55:56

Congrats to the winners!

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-28 10:24:50

I personally think I should have won every spot, and the runner-ups and that you should have doubled the prize money.

So I'll resent all the judges forever. I was going to send you the cure for cancer and a penis extender FOR FREE but now you get nothing.

haha

But seriously good job to the winners, you guys look like you could make cool illustrations for a children's book type deal.

btw if you people don't want to arse yourselves with coming up with another contest, I have an idea that I'll organize if you want to let me. We're barely getting one every two months as it stands so yah :O

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-28 10:39:46

Congrats to the winners!
I'm gonna try harder next time, guess i didnt spend enough time or thought on this one.

At 1/27/09 06:29 PM, Jonas wrote: You were all winners in my book, because you don't do drugs.
-double loser-

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-29 01:31:27

lol, late much? Well I found out about this kinda late, but congrats to the winners, really creative stuff. Well since I already started I figured I should at least show it finished :3 I didn't have time to color the midgets cause Gizmo is just too cute X3 There will prly be a more detailed version on my dA a little late.

If you're reading this you've gone too far :3

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-29 01:34:46

At 1/29/09 01:31 AM, Nobbin-Robin wrote: lol, late much? Well I found out about this kinda late, but congrats to the winners, really creative stuff. Well since I already started I figured I should at least show it finished :3 I didn't have time to color the midgets cause Gizmo is just too cute X3 There will prly be a more detailed version on my dA a little late.

abdorable. i still have one of those gremlin-furbies. oh wait no. i threw them in a black plastic bag and sent them to goodwill without removing their batteries and heard them crying all the way there.

oh, but yea that looks really good, great colours

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-29 01:35:01

At 1/29/09 01:31 AM, Nobbin-Robin wrote: lol, late much? Well I found out about this kinda late, but congrats to the winners, really creative stuff. Well since I already started I figured I should at least show it finished :3 I didn't have time to color the midgets cause Gizmo is just too cute X3 There will prly be a more detailed version on my dA a little late.

so your fantasy pet is has already been invented cuz its just a god damn gremlin. very unoriginal. you should be ashamed of yourself and probably cut off a couple of your fingers to remind yourself of this day and never make this mistake again. you haven't just let me down this time nobbin, you've let yourself down.

BBS Signature