00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

pitbulljones just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cartoon Club

82,222 Views | 861 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 17:11:57

At 12/21/08 03:41 PM, aninjaman wrote:
I don't care for Johnny Test but Flapjack is amazing.
How can you hate Flapjack? Its one of the few shows I have seen with original animation.

Flapjack is... well... its okay, but its just too mindless and inanae. Personally, I prefer Chowder, which is basically the same this but with a different plotline.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 17:50:13

At 12/21/08 05:11 PM, DocSprite wrote:
How can you hate Flapjack? Its one of the few shows I have seen with original animation.
Flapjack is... well... its okay, but its just too mindless and inanae. Personally, I prefer Chowder, which is basically the same this but with a different plotline.

Both of those shows i will never like. They both seem to be for young children with noting better to do with there time i can not stand to watch it for more than a minute. For no reason at all both get me really angry i can't explain it just sets me off.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 18:02:29

I love them because its so mindless and inane. I love Flapjack because its like nothing I have seen before.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 18:03:12

At 12/21/08 05:50 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
Both of those shows i will never like. They both seem to be for young children with noting better to do with there time i can not stand to watch it for more than a minute. For no reason at all both get me really angry i can't explain it just sets me off.

I know, they both do seem to be a bunch of inane banter... but actually, its pretty cool in Chowder watching all of the things they do with graphics. I can't speak for Flapjack, but if you look closely at things like Chowder's shirt, you'll find that that theres a pattern that moves in tune with CHowder, like under the background, the pattern is there, and his shirt is just a reflection. They also use a cool claymation and paper effect for some of their scenes.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 18:07:40

At 12/21/08 09:51 AM, Matt2k8 wrote: Ed Edd N Eddy is one of the best Christmas specials ive ever watched.

-Yeah, I actually enjoyed that one. Eddy learned a lesson by putting a bulb in a socket. Kinda correlates to the spirit of Christmas since it's all about "giving".

-I miss Pokemon back in the days, even Digimon... which was kinda a rip-off.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 18:19:31

At 12/21/08 06:07 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 12/21/08 09:51 AM, Matt2k8 wrote: Ed Edd N Eddy is one of the best Christmas specials ive ever watched.
-Yeah, I actually enjoyed that one. Eddy learned a lesson by putting a bulb in a socket. Kinda correlates to the spirit of Christmas since it's all about "giving".

It was a special. Thought at first it was kinda weird with the bulb. The nativity scene at the end was.. Ironic.

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 18:52:51

At 12/21/08 06:32 PM, Mendou wrote:

Not to mention the movie was badass.

Incredibly so. I rented it from Blockbuster once and watched it about 4 times. I especially liked that scene at the beginning when Tai and Matt had their Digimon fuse and fight that monster over the internet.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 18:53:42

At 12/21/08 06:07 PM, Seamonky wrote: -I miss Pokemon back in the days, even Digimon... which was kinda a rip-off.

They are acually making new episodes of pokemon. I never watched them but they should really let that show die.

At 12/21/08 06:03 PM, DocSprite wrote: I know, they both do seem to be a bunch of inane banter... but actually, its pretty cool in Chowder watching all of the things they do with graphics. I can't speak for Flapjack, but if you look closely at things like Chowder's shirt, you'll find that that theres a pattern that moves in tune with CHowder, like under the background, the pattern is there, and his shirt is just a reflection. They also use a cool claymation and paper effect for some of their scenes.

Flapjack uses different kinds of animation to.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 19:19:46

At 12/21/08 06:53 PM, aninjaman wrote:
At 12/21/08 06:07 PM, Seamonky wrote: -I miss Pokemon back in the days, even Digimon... which was kinda a rip-off.
They are acually making new episodes of pokemon. I never watched them but they should really let that show die.

Yeah. It was cool in the late '90's when everybody walked around saying, "POKEMUNZ! POKEMUNZ! POKEMUNZ!" But now all people like are the video games.

At 12/21/08 06:03 PM, DocSprite wrote:

Yeah, but not anywhere as cool as Chowder.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 19:54:40

At 12/21/08 07:19 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 12/21/08 06:53 PM, aninjaman wrote:
Yeah. It was cool in the late '90's when everybody walked around saying, "POKEMUNZ! POKEMUNZ! POKEMUNZ!" But now all people like are the video games.

At 12/21/08 06:03 PM, DocSprite wrote:
Yeah, but not anywhere as cool as Chowder.

Ok, I just have to say the Pokemon games were way cooler than the actual show. I always played the games for my 64. My personal favorite was Pokemon Snap.

Laura&Nathan

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 20:40:50

I will revise 1 of the rules that you have to have 100 posts, conversation is going very good and if you start posting 3 or 4 times i will considder you a member. Any thoughts on this?

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 20:45:06

I found it kind of funny tonight that the first episode of the Simpsons tonight was about Transformers and Transformers was on television at the same exact time. They both started at the same time and they were only 1 channel away from each other. (At least the way my cable is set up. Fox is channel 6 and HBO is channel 7)

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 20:45:41

At 12/21/08 08:40 PM, idiot-buster wrote: I will revise 1 of the rules that you have to have 100 posts, conversation is going very good and if you start posting 3 or 4 times i will considder you a member. Any thoughts on this?

Can you clarify? I'm not exactly sure what you mean...

Ok, I just have to say the Pokemon games were way cooler than the actual show. I always played the games for my 64. My personal favorite was Pokemon Snap.

Yeah, anime is usually pretty lame, and Pokemon is no different. But Pokemon Snap? I thought you wouldv'e said one of the mainstream games...

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 21:34:28

oh, pokemon, excelent old CN series, I like it before but now " Pokemon Adanced" ... I don't like it much.. But it still being better than digimon.. :P ..

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 21:36:30

At 12/21/08 09:34 PM, Daniel094 wrote:
oh, pokemon, excelent old CN series, I like it before but now " Pokemon Adanced" ... I don't like it much.. But it still being better than digimon.. :P ..

I hate to challenge your opinion, but...

WHAT?

Watch the Digimon movie and mull that over. Then again the Pokemon movies weren't so bad, but nothing compared to Digimon.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 21:47:58

Truth is Digimon is a rip-off of Pokemon.

And alot of other stuff are ripped off.

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 21:54:20

At 12/21/08 09:47 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Truth is Digimon is a rip-off of Pokemon.

Bakugan is a ripoff of Yu-Gi-Oh!

The difference is, Digimon did it right.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 22:19:24

At 12/21/08 09:54 PM, DocSprite wrote:

I was gonna say that! But i did'nt know how too spell Bakugan.

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 23:13:41

All members read this and repond please!

I will allow people with less than 100 posts join the club, in a "recruit" if you will and after 3 day's if there post meet my standers i will let them in and if not they will not be able to join until they have reched there 100 posts.

Also, anybody who has been posting here and have not stated to that you wish to be a member please do so within the week, so DocSprite can make his memberlist more accurate and i can keep track of everything that is going better.

~shawn~

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 23:26:12

At 12/21/08 11:13 PM, idiot-buster wrote: All members read this and repond please!

I will allow people with less than 100 posts join the club, in a "recruit" if you will and after 3 day's if there post meet my standers i will let them in and if not they will not be able to join until they have reched there 100 posts.

Yeah, that is a much better idea instead of not letting them in at all. This is because I know some people only have a couple of posts, but are still good posters and everything. Even though in a club like this you really don't need great posters as long as they stay on topic.

You know what really makes me upset? That they have the new Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.. during the same exact time as the NFL game on Sunday night. I usually switch back and forth, but tonights game is really good so I end up missing all of the new shows.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-21 23:47:50

At 12/21/08 11:26 PM, Corky52 wrote:
You know what really makes me upset? That they have the new Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.. during the same exact time as the NFL game on Sunday night. I usually switch back and forth, but tonights game is really good so I end up missing all of the new shows.

I know what you mean. I turn to channel 8 to watch the new simpsons and fucken football is on and it's usually not that great of a game either so it's like i'm getting nothing out of it and then with 10 minutes left the sipmsons come on and i have not a clue what is going on >.<

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-22 09:14:22

At 12/21/08 09:54 PM, DocSprite wrote:

Doc is right. Digimon wasn't half bad. The Digi-volve sequence is what really got me hooked to the show, as well as transformations that took place. As for the story, I wasn't really interested. xD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-22 10:31:13

Well, after listen all this topics about Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, Digimon..
Which of these series is the best?

I think is Yu- Gi- Oh.. but the older serie, all the monster are cool :P..and the history is awesome, too.. and like "Avatar" I didnt see the final episode..:S, and "Yu-Gi-Oh GX".. I didnt like it much.. this serie has almost no history, like the previus!

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-22 15:55:56

At 12/22/08 02:33 AM, darknessdweller wrote:
At 12/20/08 01:35 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 12/20/08 01:32 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:
At 12/20/08 11:45 AM, DocSprite wrote:
At 12/20/08 11:01 AM, Matt2k8 wrote: Wow, the clib has reached 5 pages long without being locked! Good work guys.
I know. Once we get to 9, we can really have a party.
Whys that? Because we surpassed the Nick club?
No, because 9 is my lucky number.
Is this why you're level 9?

...... No, its not my lucky number, its because we passed the Nick Club.

FTR, my lucky number is 3.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-22 16:22:30

That rule is a whole lot better. Too bad Newgrounds doesn't come with a edit button so you could fix the first post you made.

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-22 18:33:42

At 12/22/08 10:31 AM, Daniel094 wrote: Well, after listen all this topics about Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, Digimon..
Which of these series is the best?

I think is Yu- Gi- Oh.. but the older serie, all the monster are cool :P..and the history is awesome, too.. and like "Avatar" I didnt see the final episode..:S, and "Yu-Gi-Oh GX".. I didnt like it much.. this serie has almost no history, like the previus!

Anime always gets bad when the original creator quits and the show keeps going like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon.
Shows should die when they are supposed to.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-22 21:20:08

At 12/22/08 04:22 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: That rule is a whole lot better. Too bad Newgrounds doesn't come with a edit button so you could fix the first post you made.

I know. So many times have I said something stupid and wished I could edit it.

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-22 21:31:12

At 12/22/08 06:33 PM, aninjaman wrote:
Anime always gets bad when the original creator quits and the show keeps going like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon.
Shows should die when they are supposed to.

yeah.. ehmm.. do you like dave the barbarian ? .. its a Jetix serie.. i dont like it.. it seems a stupid serie..!. . and I dont uderstand! :D

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-22 21:31:41

At 12/22/08 09:20 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 12/22/08 04:22 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: That rule is a whole lot better. Too bad Newgrounds doesn't come with a edit button so you could fix the first post you made.

That's what makes Newgrounds so accurate and awesome. All other websites that have that edit bullshit really makes things confusing.

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2008-12-22 21:53:31

At 12/22/08 09:31 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 12/22/08 09:20 PM, DocSprite wrote:
That's what makes Newgrounds so accurate and awesome. All other websites that have that edit bullshit really makes things confusing.

Yeah, because if we COULD edit posts, the BBS would be filled with "HAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS."

Back to cartoons.