00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cartoon Club

82,182 Views | 861 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-14 12:07:02

Sorry I haven't posted lately, MapleStory is addicting.

Anyway, another thing about Family Guy - Why do most blokes chins look like ball sacks?

Oh, you're sick. But anyway, it's called a double chin.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-14 13:41:41

At 4/13/09 07:35 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Wow, no ones posted after me :'[

Anyway, another thing about Family Guy - Why do most blokes chins look like ball sacks?

Its not as bad as the chin on American Dad.
Which is just a less funny version of Family Guy in my opinion.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-14 15:58:57

At 4/14/09 11:36 AM, Matt2k8 wrote: So the club's dead.

Atleast i'm fucking trying!

No.. stop making posts like this when someone is ready to make a post they will. I watch over this thread all the time, and i just don't see any thing to contribute to the conversation so i don't post. it's on it's last limb here, but it somehow survives.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-14 17:19:53

At 4/14/09 01:41 PM, aninjaman wrote:

They're both made by Seth McFarlane. You can tell, if you look at a picture of Joe from Family Guy and Stan from American Dad, then you'll be able to spot about a million similarities.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-14 18:10:02

At 4/14/09 05:19 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 4/14/09 01:41 PM, aninjaman wrote:
They're both made by Seth McFarlane. You can tell, if you look at a picture of Joe from Family Guy and Stan from American Dad, then you'll be able to spot about a million similarities.

Just because they are made by the same guy doesn't mean they have to be rip-offs of each other. The families in that show even have the same basic structure.
But both of them wouldn't exist without the simpsons anyway.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-17 16:04:32

At 4/14/09 06:10 PM, aninjaman wrote:
Just because they are made by the same guy doesn't mean they have to be rip-offs of each other. The families in that show even have the same basic structure.
But both of them wouldn't exist without the simpsons anyway.

Meh, there were shows about dysfunctional families before The Simpsons. Ever heard of the Flintstones?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-17 16:18:20

At 4/17/09 04:04 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
Meh, there were shows about dysfunctional families before The Simpsons. Ever heard of the Flintstones?

Yes, but that wasn't as edgy as the Simpsons. Neither is the Simpsons, actually, when you compare it to Family Guy and Futurama.

Just because they are made by the same guy doesn't mean they have to be rip-offs of each other.

You have a point (Simpsons and Futurama anyone?) But they aren't ripoffs if they come from the same person. The one thing that differentiates the two is that Stan in American Dad is uber-patriotic.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-17 16:27:26

Guy's i'm thinking of resigning... There's not much stuff to talk about for me anymore. I feel left out..

This may be my last post, maybe not. But i wish you all good luck and DocSprite, i wish so hard that i shall keep in contact with you. As your a dear friend <3

I hope everyone understands and thank you..

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-17 17:47:12

At 4/17/09 04:27 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Guy's i'm thinking of resigning... There's not much stuff to talk about for me anymore. I feel left out..

Don't leave! You've been in here ever since the Nick Club! Without you, neither of these clubs would have been as successful.

As your a dear friend <3

Aw, you... <3

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-20 16:03:46

Okey guys:

To all active members, what is it only 5-6 of you? Not what i had expected after this place haveing being around so long i would have expected more out of this. This is my closure post to this club as i don't feal the need to be active, theres no conversational valule going on here and what little conversaton that goes on in here is not very good of anyones standards including mine. So i will pass the torch to you Doc as i will drop my title as club leader and give it to you. If this place ever becomes very active again as it was months ago i will assume my title again and you can't tell me otherwise.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-20 16:09:27

At 4/20/09 04:03 PM, idiot-buster wrote: This is my closure post to this club as i don't feal the need to be active,

WUT!?! Matt goes, now you... you two were the clubs two most active members! Theres slim chance of the club coming back now.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-20 17:37:46

hey guys... i wanna join the club lols ive noticed ppl arent posting much naymore though... any1 here watch some ben 10? or johnny test? cn and nick own! xD...

Dark Archer Kogi

\-Dark^~^Side-/

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-20 18:25:55

At 4/20/09 05:37 PM, Darkswift2204 wrote: hey guys... i wanna join the club lols ive noticed ppl arent posting much naymore though... any1 here watch some ben 10? or johnny test? cn and nick own! xD...

Johnny Test is lame, but Ben 10 owns. At least the original does... but with Alien Force it's not even Ben 10 anymore. More like Ben 2,123,645.75780.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-20 18:34:52

At 4/20/09 04:09 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 4/20/09 04:03 PM, idiot-buster wrote: This is my closure post to this club as i don't feal the need to be active,
WUT!?! Matt goes, now you... you two were the clubs two most active members! Theres slim chance of the club coming back now.

look unless there is some merical and this place is very active then i don't think this place needs a dictator such as myself @;-}>

At 4/20/09 05:37 PM, Darkswift2204 wrote: hey guys... i wanna join the club lols ive noticed ppl arent posting much naymore though... any1 here watch some ben 10? or johnny test? cn and nick own! xD...

I am the semi-leader founder person if that makes sence to you. and welcome to the club, if you can try to be active if you can.

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-20 18:36:29

At 4/20/09 06:16 PM, Bryan wrote: Also, Can I join?

Please do and try to be active.

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-20 18:48:58

At 4/20/09 06:25 PM, DocSprite wrote:
Johnny Test is lame, but Ben 10 owns. At least the original does... but with Alien Force it's not even Ben 10 anymore. More like Ben 2,123,645.75780.

uhh no johnny test owns lol XD.... but yea ben 10 owns alien force aint that good though...

Dark Archer Kogi

\-Dark^~^Side-/

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-21 17:52:38

At 4/20/09 06:48 PM, Darkswift2204 wrote:
uhh no johnny test owns lol XD....

It's not original. Ben 10, for example, is a very original idea. A watch that spawns aliens? Genius! A kid with a talking dog? LAEM :P

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-21 18:08:49

Well I don't know if I ever joined this club, if I didn't I definately should have, but I'd like to join now if that's ok?

What I wanted to ask was about two cartoons, Chowder and Flapjack. Neither of them have been released over here in the UK yet (I know Chowder begins sometime in April, might have already but I don't have access to Sky right now) and I wanted to ask what they were like? I've heard good things about both and seen some of Chowder with which I've been pleased. So what do you all think? Compare it to say EE&E or Dex's Lab.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-21 18:16:05

At 4/21/09 06:08 PM, WilliWowza wrote: Well I don't know if I ever joined this club, if I didn't I definately should have, but I'd like to join now if that's ok?

Welcome aboard, sailor! :3

What I wanted to ask was about two cartoons, Chowder and Flapjack. Neither of them have been released over here in the UK yet (I know Chowder begins sometime in April, might have already but I don't have access to Sky right now) and I wanted to ask what they were like?

Freaking awesome. They're both a lot like each other. They're actually basically the same thing. Personally, I like Chowder more because whenever I hear Flapjack's voice it makes me want to punch something. They're both really random and crazy with ironic and sometimes a bit stupid (stupidly funny) jokes. But overall, they're pretty good. *whew*

I've heard good things about both and seen some of Chowder with which I've been pleased. So what do you all think? Compare it to say EE&E or Dex's Lab.

Well, they're definitely more erratic than those shows and instead of Dexter where solid colors are used, they have patterns in most places.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-21 21:03:34

I love Flapjack and Chowder because they have original plots writing and animation. I hate the cheap 2D animation of things like Johnny Test and 6Teen.
Flapjack has used stop-motion clay, hand-drawn, and computer animation all in one episode.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-21 21:06:27

Chowder and flap jack are both very great..... but i got a question does any1 know what program they use to animate or what tool they use? thanks

Dark Archer Kogi

\-Dark^~^Side-/

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-21 21:49:13

Good God what is happing here. People are posting on a regular basis... it can't be??
If this current trend keeps up i might just stay after all and keep you bastereds in line @;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-21 23:00:01

At 4/21/09 09:49 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Good God what is happing here. People are posting on a regular basis... it can't be??
If this current trend keeps up i might just stay after all and keep you bastereds in line @;-}>

Yay! Anyone here like Flapjack?

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-21 23:31:46

Just watched about 7 episodes of Chowder and I'm actually loving this show. It's well animated, well written, well voiced and just all round awesome. Reminds me why CN was so great back in the Cartoon Cartoons days with the absurdist and slapstick humour and the subtle innuendos they throw.

And the technique they use for the clothing patterns, not sure what it's called but in Flash it's similiar to the Masking effect though I'm not sure if they use Flash, doubt it though. The use of different formats like the stopmotion and claymation segments is great, reminds me of Spongebob but without the live human actors.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-22 10:09:45

At 4/21/09 11:31 PM, WilliWowza wrote: And the technique they use for the clothing patterns, not sure what it's called but in Flash it's similiar to the Masking effect though I'm not sure if they use Flash, doubt it though. The use of different formats like the stopmotion and claymation segments is great, reminds me of Spongebob but without the live human actors.

I love Chowder, It's extremely unique in it's animation, wackiness, and characters. It does seem like a show that would have been on Cartoon Cartoon Fridays 10 years ago, it's quite nostalgic IMO. And the voices are professional.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-22 15:36:23

At 4/21/09 09:49 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Good God what is happing here. People are posting on a regular basis... it can't be??

S-sir, I've never seen anything like it!

And the technique they use for the clothing patterns,

Damn I love that. If you look closely you'll see that when the character moves, the pattern stays still on a seperate layer while the character scrolls over that layer.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-22 18:41:53

Damn I love that. If you look closely you'll see that when the character moves, the pattern stays still on a seperate layer while the character scrolls over that layer.

OMFG what are you talking about i hate that damn color techinique thing.... BUT i LOVE the show XD

Dark Archer Kogi

\-Dark^~^Side-/

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-22 19:01:09

At 4/22/09 06:41 PM, Darkswift2204 wrote:
OMFG what are you talking about i hate that damn color techinique thing.... BUT i LOVE the show XD

How can you hate that? It's very different, and I don't think I'll ever see anything close to that again. It's genius, and tasty, like eye candy.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-22 19:02:33

At 4/22/09 07:01 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
like eye candy.

That's the best way to describe it.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-23 15:27:58

At 4/22/09 07:02 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 4/22/09 07:01 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
like eye candy.
That's the best way to describe it.

Each character has their own artistic, deep design. Chowder has random swirls and shapes, Shnitzel has scratches, etc.