00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheGizmo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Draw and Capture on Video!

7,558 Views | 70 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-17 10:54:22

Here.
hope you enjoy it, i went trough a shitload of problems and mess ups to get this done :P

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-17 11:03:54

At 12/17/08 10:54 AM, LaserKarl wrote: Here.
hope you enjoy it, i went trough a shitload of problems and mess ups to get this done :P

Is that available somewhere high res, because it'd be a great background :)

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-17 11:16:59

That was great, thanks for sharing. I saw another robot speed painting on YouTube, it looks like that person went through a lot more Photoshop tricks and techniques, brushes, layers and other shit, but in the end your tobot has loads more style and appeal. =]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-17 12:02:13

At 12/17/08 11:03 AM, Jonas wrote:
Is that available somewhere high res, because it'd be a great background :)

800x600 is the highest resolution i had on this one.

At 12/17/08 11:16 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: That was great, thanks for sharing. I saw another robot speed painting on YouTube, it looks like that person went through a lot more Photoshop tricks and techniques, brushes, layers and other shit, but in the end your tobot has loads more style and appeal. =]

Thank you!
Yeah he sure did go trough a whole lot of techinques and such, to bad he didnt see the robot on a whole.

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-17 12:41:22

I did another one. Haha. This one fucked up in the anatomy a bit, but its a different way of working than the robot. or something.

enjoy.

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-17 13:28:19

well. those were cool Karl... and you and I work a lot alike... building from rough shapes and scribbles instead of.. draw a circle draw an eye line... draw a nose line... draw a stick figure of the body.......
even when I am just doing pencils I scribble all over the page ....

but we also have the same problems... lots of free movement and spontaneity... but not a lot of planning... it was interesting to watch you " warm up" with the robot pic..
you started it a few times :) .. but when I watched the giant I realized we work in the same way...

hey can you literally "see" the picture on the blank page before you start?... I do.. and I try to trace it from my minds eye...

now I want to do a speed paint one too!...

NEW DPI STUDIOS ART BOOK CAMPAIGN

CHECK IT

COME LOOK>> BUY A BOOK :)

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-17 13:41:35

At 12/17/08 01:28 PM, e-m-b-r-i-o wrote: hey can you literally "see" the picture on the blank page before you start?... I do.. and I try to trace it from my minds eye...

nah, i can "see" the shape on the paper turn into something, and then i try to make it turn into that thing. But with the giant i had some sort of idea of what i was aiming for, so there wasnt much scribbeling.

now I want to do a speed paint one too!...

i cant watch a speed paint video without doing one myself. haha, it looks so fun when you see someone paint a good image.

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-20 18:45:17

An unfinished speedpaint; here. =\ I want to make use of Camtasia while I have the trial.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-20 22:27:57

Here's something I did a while back when I had a mild obsession with bees. Its not exactly the same as what you guys are doing, I was just drawing it in flash and every now and then I'd hit F6 (That's insert keyframe for you non-flashers).

Anyway here's the result as a gif.

I've covered wars, ya know.

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-20 22:41:14

nice bee u liek rent books on bee anatomy n shit? looks rather acuarate

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-20 23:21:41

At 12/20/08 06:45 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: An unfinished speedpaint; here. =\ I want to make use of Camtasia while I have the trial.

dang on! I thought it was photo trace... tell me you used reference.. because the angle was a hard one to do.. and you TOTALLY pulled it off! plus you drew it out of thin air, with no construction, in the sketch movie...
great piece... likey!

RIOT... the cowboy movie was awesome!.. I love how you drew and destroyed like, 8 faces before you were satisfied!... really dug the background you did too....

CHECK IT

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-20 23:26:13

At 12/20/08 11:21 PM, e-m-b-r-i-o wrote:
dang on! I thought it was photo trace... tell me you used reference.. because the angle was a hard one to do.. and you TOTALLY pulled it off! plus you drew it out of thin air, with no construction, in the sketch movie...
great piece... likey!

Yes, of course I did reference it, I'm working on my anatomy as well as coloring (the coloring is the fun part though). The grid really helps get the proportions right, until I get better at it. Thanks. =]

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-21 01:32:53

7 minit sketch... LINK

CHECK IT

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-21 01:46:20

im not epic in flash a/o photoshop... quick question. if i do like pen to paper drawing, will that be ok?

meh imma do it anyway

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-21 03:02:26

last minute sketch before bed..... 8 or 9 mins in real life.. 2 mins on You Tube :)
LINK

CHECK IT

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-22 14:41:44

i downloaded the free trial of snapz and the movie came out fine, but its too long and i dont know how i can speed it up or cut out some parts. i have imovie HD but i dont have enough free space for their massive gig encoding capabilities blah blah. how does everyone else edit their films?

here's the doodle result from the video i made, not very detailed or original, but i tried to keep it as brief as possible and in one sitting....

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-22 15:27:54

Gunna give this a try tomorrow. Looks funnn, I like funnn!

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-23 03:14:54

At 12/23/08 02:08 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za88dTnoZ 1g

Around an hour and a half of work.

i think most people would agree with me when i say you win at photoshop

I've covered wars, ya know.

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-30 14:06:26

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-30 23:55:21

sucho drew the best so far (2nd page 18 down or ~6 from bottom)

| yR_U-Ev3|\|r3A|)-N d15.|L1|<3 1_r1llY.|-|/\\/3-A|VY T|-[1nG-1nT3r35T1|\|G,2'5Ay

15 T|-|15 3Zr 2 r3A[)

NOW HAT DOIP U THERE? HEH EUC ANT REA DTH IST EXT LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2008-12-31 09:23:21

At 12/22/08 02:41 PM, sucho wrote: i downloaded the free trial of snapz and the movie came out fine, but its too long and i dont know how i can speed it up or cut out some parts. i have imovie HD but i dont have enough free space for their massive gig encoding capabilities blah blah. how does everyone else edit their films?

I simply use Windows Movie Maker

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2009-01-02 17:52:57

Yay! I made one, this kinda reminds me how smudgy and blurry my drawing style is...

You just wish you had my username, don't ya?

Mah artne'z!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2009-01-02 18:33:10

whole thing took about 2 months.. (you'll see its huge)

im going to be redrawing this thing again, its going to take for ever *sigh*

oh yeah.. the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p14-sZZkz FE

its one of nine parts, this was the last part... the whole thing can be found here theres only one video im afraid...

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2009-01-17 20:48:42

Silent Hill Babe

When i first saw silent hill -Dying inside comics i was really shocked ,cause i never seen such kind of art in a comic book before.The style was very catchy enough to gain readers credits.Later i came to know about the amazing artists behind the Silent hill comic series(Ben templesmith and Aadi Salman).Ben templesmith was famous for his works in " 30 days of night and Darkdays' and Aadi salman is a new talented artist who made his appearance in Silent Hill - Dying inside three through five issues. I got really inspired by their works and wanted to try something similar to their style.That's how i came up with this speed painting " Silent Hill Babe ".

Silent Hill Babe is a speed painting which shows the frame-work of a prostitute's life.This work has nothing to do with the Silent hill concept.This work is an modern art which shows a prostitute's attitude towards the society.

The fire in her pretty face explains the seductive manner of a prostitute.Able to hunt down people who seeks for her.The topless grinned face represents her anger,greed and pain towards the society which made her.The red background gives overall feel of throes she Undergo.

To see the video click the link below .Over all time took for this painting is 20 minutes.This video plays in under 8 minutes.

Watch this Video

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2009-01-17 22:03:24

At 12/6/08 01:20 AM, tmkunt wrote:
At 12/5/08 11:50 PM, Labusch wrote: I donno just draw something or do a PhotoShop this is the Art Fourm Section anyways Buddy :D
i was looking for a suggestion on what exactly to draw, but um yeah whatever

I did a quick sketch of a very unfortunate looking gentleman

link

nice pic, but try not to move the camera so much :S

sig by RedLemure

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2009-03-14 15:25:01

Well i've been working on a video of me painting for like a week now, and it's finished. But it's not looking like i'll get to show you guys it the way i made it to be :(
youtube mutes the audio because one of the songs is copyrighted, which sucks because the video is synced with the audio. And it completely destroys the quality.
So unless anybody knows a website that I can upload it to that won't bitch about copyrights, the only version I have for you is this one.

Kinda bummed out that I can't upload the good one online. If anybody wants to watch it properly with sound and good quality, PM me your email address and i'll send you the video, it's about 10 minutes long

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2009-03-14 16:28:40

At 3/14/09 03:25 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: too much stuff as for being quoted ¬ ¬

haha, great work, I love the bizarre feeling to it, for some reason, I can't stop thinking those strings falling from it's eyebrows are puppet strings, that'd be really creepy...

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2009-03-14 16:59:24

thanks man, hopefully i'll be able to figure out how to get a better version up on the internet, thanks for the support though :)

And those aren't strings on the eyebrows, their just drips, i didn't plan for them to fall it just happens

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2009-03-20 23:28:21

Woohoo!! Got the video up and running with audio and a little better quality. The audio is like a whole second off though, that's a bitch...but it's better than before.

You can check it out Here

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Draw and Capture on Video! 2009-03-21 22:57:49

Dude that's bad ass, Captain Ben!! Great job on that. :D Digging your style more and more now.

Um.. I have a really shitty follow up to that. xD But, I've never drawn while being recorded... So it was a different experience. I just made some shitty drawing up on the spot, so you'll see my terrible pose deciding skills in the works. :D At first I was going for the flying through the air look, but then I decided a more looking down at him approach was better. xD

:'D

Wee! I might have to retry it again, now that I know what I'm doing. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw82pdVod zA

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."