00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Suggestion: Legalize all drugs

7,793 Views | 120 Replies

Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:08:35

Rationale: Prohibition doesn't work, and a system where drugs are legalized would be of great benefit to society.

Arguments?

Dead.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:09:50

No, that just about covers it.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:10:33

Dude....fucking agreed! i mean its not like drugs affect your ability to concen- BUTTERFLY!

Eeeyup~

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:10:50

Crystal Meth is a drug worse than any kind... should always be illegal.

My userpage! Visit for Upcoming news..

Half the people on Newgrounds dislike me..including the mods. they always ignore me.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:11:07

I can just imagine, walking into Wal-Mart and asking:

"Excuse me, where is the Crack?"

"Aile 13 sir."

"Thank you"

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:13:14

No argument needed.

I agree.

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:13:57

well i think some should be and others shouldn't like i think pot and LSD should be legal but i think coke could to easy for kids to get and that might be a bit of a problem, but its whatever u think.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:14:05

At 4/8/07 11:08 PM, Elfer wrote:
Arguments?

I'll put more thought into this as this thread progresses.
1 pro: 1 less reason for people to kill other people for drugs.

1 con: it would spread far too easily, addicting 10 times as many people as it does now, and while many will choose to accept their drug habit as an acceptable lifestyle, it poses a problem for those who wish to kick drugs. Especially when they finally DO and then have to show up to work a week later only to be asked by a co-worker to take some drugs.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:15:31

I swear to god I will crap my pants if drugs are legalized. Fucking go, Elfer.

My argument: If drugs are legalized, they wouldn't be illegal. Alcohol is legal. Cigarettes are legal. Why not marijuana? I can understand cocaine and heroine are terrible drugs which make you go insane - those should be as far away from society as possible.

Whatever. Fuck this. Here's a fat fucking cat I found today. It's so fucking fat. Holy fuck.

Suggestion: Legalize all drugs

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:16:04

yeah it there is no real contest, we would not have so many problems and with the competiition the prices might be lower, however to make sure this right is not abused into a uncontrolable state, there has to be limits.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:16:05

At 4/8/07 11:11 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: I can just imagine, walking into Wal-Mart and asking:

The dialogue would be more like:

"FUKIN ITCH man whur da fuck whurz da hORZ BITCH i need ROCks"

"i aint yo fuckin ho"

"DONT MAK E me CHOKE YA"

"why u so cruel sometimez albert"

"wer gu dr r r r but but but bobo bob o"

"aisle 13, dear"

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:16:59

That would work in a few countries, but in America there's way too many [tall] people who would fuck everything up and go killing/crazy.

[tall]-Insert random racial slur here.

Proud United States Citizen

Sign Here if you hate anime

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:17:08

At 4/8/07 11:10 PM, IdiotClown wrote: Crystal Meth is a drug worse than any kind... should always be illegal.

So what you propose is that we take a highly dangerous drug such as crystal meth (which in reality isn't as relatively horrendous as people make it out to be, but for the sake of the argument, let's pretend it is), and keep it illegal, thus putting the means of production, pricing and distribution into the hands of violent criminals, and force people addicted to it to become criminals just to get it?

If it's illegal, criminals say how it's made, what the purity is, what level of impurities are safe for human consumption, where it will be sold, for how much, and who it will be sold to. And if they think they can make money by selling it directly to ten year old kids, then it'll be sold to ten year old kids. Not to mention, all of the cash flow goes to people willing to resort to violence and reckless shootings to protect the territory they're using to make their profit.

Whereas if it was legalized, the production and distribution would be put into the hands of legitimate businesses with paper trails that can be monitored and regulated, and we can make rules about where and when it's sold, to who, and for how much.

Yeah, I can see why a dangerous drug like meth should be completely deregulated instead of produced and distributed in a way that's conducive to public health.

Dead.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:17:18

I would have to agree with you. Those who want to do drugs do them regardless of the law. Those who don't want to do them still won't.

There would of course be economic benefits. There would also be less problems with drug dealers and violence and such since you could buy the drugs, knowing they aren't laced, at legal establishments.

Now, I believe there should still be restrictions such as driving after doing drugs or while doing drugs still being illegal.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:18:32

That would be fucking stupid... think of all the problems the world has with drugs already

yo

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:18:44

just marijuana... crack meth etc should still be illegalized

Dimethyltryptamine

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:19:21

If marijuana was legalized, I have a feeling that sellers like cigarette companies would throw more addictive junk into it.

Whenever my friends and I talk about legalization, that's what we come up with. However, I do think every US state should make medical marijuana completely legal. I'm not sure which states do and don't -- but the one I live in, California, does.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:19:46

I've got a more rational version; legalized marijuana, end of story. Non-addictive, lots of fun.

Now, drugs like Meth. and Heroin...still dangerous stuff, it can fuck you up. I'm not so sure we want that shit out in the open.

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:20:07

Before you people starting saying "I agree cuz drugz are goods for you lulz".

If all the illegal drugs were legalized, then America would totally go in a different direction.

Economy will go nuts. Our children will pretty much retarded due to amount of coke and heroin.

It is a bad idea.

Half the people on Newgrounds dislike me..including the mods. they always ignore me.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:20:12

At least Marijuana. Other drugs have good reasons for being illegal.

too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:21:33

Now see we would do that but unless you wanna be just like bill clinton or worse...dont do drugs i mean come on look how mj turned out!

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:22:05

The reason why no drug will ever be legalized is because the government would have to admit it was wrong.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:22:22

Elfer, consider this:

If drugs were legalized, humanity would suffer a universal addiction. And what would the government do if they realized its people could be manipulated by feeding their addiction?...

horrible thought...

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:22:55

At 4/8/07 11:14 PM, Cool-Points wrote: 1 con: it would spread far too easily, addicting 10 times as many people as it does now, and while many will choose to accept their drug habit as an acceptable lifestyle, it poses a problem for those who wish to kick drugs. Especially when they finally DO and then have to show up to work a week later only to be asked by a co-worker to take some drugs.

When alcohol prohibition ended, the rates of alcoholism didn't skyrocket. In fact, they fell once it was possible to educate people on responsible alcohol consumption on the health risks associated with excessive use.

In addition, if drug prohibition were to end, it would free up a great deal of funds for treatment clinics and public health education campaigns about drugs.

Drug habits would be no more an acceptable lifestyle than alcoholism. Although, it has been demonstrated on a small scale in Switzerland that if heroin addicts can go to clinics and buy heroin legally for use at the site, petty crime goes down a lot in the vicinity, and those people can start getting real jobs and becoming productive members of society, because they never have to worry about where their next fix is going to come from.

Dead.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:24:06

At 4/8/07 11:19 PM, Rallard wrote: If marijuana was legalized, I have a feeling that sellers like cigarette companies would throw more addictive junk into it.

yeah, but jamaica has it okay (at least i think)

Dimethyltryptamine

BBS Signature

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:25:27

i hope your not being serious you can't compare herion to alcohol

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:25:34

At 4/8/07 11:10 PM, Skybolt-DX wrote: Dude....fucking agreed! i mean its not like drugs affect your ability to concen- BUTTERFLY!

stupid, its a moth!

anyways, yeah, legalize it or not, it wont change how much people use it, so why not legalize it?=]

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:25:58

The notion that legalizing drugs will somehow effect the crime rate is hopelessly naive. It would certainly put darwinism to the test however.

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:27:05

At 4/8/07 11:25 PM, shaded-restraint wrote:
At 4/8/07 11:10 PM, Skybolt-DX wrote: Dude....fucking agreed! i mean its not like drugs affect your ability to concen- BUTTERFLY!
stupid, its a moth!

anyways, yeah, legalize it or not, it wont change how much people use it, so why not legalize it?=]

Because the crime rate will go up. and we don't want any retarded children now do we?

Response to Suggestion: Legalize all drugs 2007-04-08 23:28:13

At 4/8/07 11:25 PM, Lasergates wrote: i hope your not being serious you can't compare herion to alcohol

but then again during the cival war soilders started to become addicted to morphine which they treated like people with alcohol problems