00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YvesKirio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread

1,916 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey all.

One of the most important things with the Audio Portal from the very beginning was to get around the RIAA and ev. lawsuits by getting amateurs to make the audio for flash artist.

This idea is extremley good, but so far, it hasn´t been fulfilled all the way through. So, by using the benefits and possibilites of the Newgrounds BBS, here is;

The Newgrounds Portal Collaborations Thread!

There are usually many threads from new artists who promote their music in the Audio Forum, just trying to get some collaboration to Flash artists. Usually, this is looked upon as Self Advertisement (wich it is, in some aspects). Very often these threads are locked, with a link to the Audio Advertisement Thread. But since people might not just want reviews, wich the Audio Advertisement Thread usually leads to (in some cases :) this thread is here to take care of the Collaboration between Flash and Audio artists.

There are LOADS of good Audio artists around, and many just can´t wait to get involved with more serious projects Take the oppurtunity, both Flash and Audio artists, and help each other to develop your artistic skills!

In the next post there you will find a form for Audio artists to advertise their specialties, and for Flash artists, to come with Audio requests for upcoming Flash projects.

For your own benefit, try to fill out the form as good as possible, so that artists from both the FP and the AP can find what they need!

There will be some rules in this thread as well, except for the mandatory BBS Rules, of course;

- If you are new to this thread, please lurk through at least the last few pages, maybe you will find your perfect partner without even having to post a single post in here?!

- Even though "conversations" within the thread shall be aloud to some extent, please keep it relevant towards the subject of this thread. The new PM system got created for a reason. Take advantage of it! Newgrounds also host a chat.Speak it out!

- Advertise only once/month for your upcoming project (one advertisement for each project, that is). If you get no reply for your advertisement, well guess what, maybe your project just doesn´t attract people, or the "right guy/girl" hasn´t viewed this thread just yet... Patience is key!

- For Audio artists, there should be need for even less adverts. Only advertise more than one time if you think that your old advertisement is really out of date.

- It is encouraged that when audio has been completed for a flash, the audio get submited to the Audio Portal. This is for credit purposes, and is allmost the only "real" award (next to the two spots of frontpage showcase) audio artists gets, since the current AP voting/dl system is easily corrupted (got any bright ideas for the awaited AudioPortal revamp? Post them here), and the weekly top five + featured audio artist is all automated...

- If you are a voiceactor, without any skills in making music/flash please advertise in the Voice Acting Club. If you think an ad. seem interesting, just use PM/E-mail to get in contact with the advertiser in question, and to showcase your skills.

- NO other advertisement than the one in the form shall be tolerated. If you just made a smashing new song or whatever kind of audio, all other audio advertisement shall take place in the Audio Advertisement Thread. Period. >:(

- If you are an audio artist who wants to collaborate with another audio artist, go to The Collaboration Thread. If you as a flash artist are looking to hook up with other flash authors, just go to the Flash Forum, there are usually loads of active collaborations circulating there.

Forms to fill out in the next post in this thread, keep scrolling...

Wakka wakka

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 12:20:59

Fill up the form as much as possible. These are only leading questions, so that it will get easier to see what kind of style (skills) You have in creating your artworks, and so that it will be easy to compare one artist to another.
The form is a little more free for flash authors, since its usually is the flash artist who needs an audio artist, not the other way around.

Audio Artist Advertise Form

Why do I want to collaborate with a flash artist, and what kind of style am I interested in making for flashes (sell yourself in a few short lines)?

My best musical genre (not nessecarily the ones listed in the AP, and not nessecarily connected to the previous question):

Previous collaborations/submissions in successfull flash (links are good...):

My "studio" equipment/access to (both software and hardware that are relevant):

My personal Extra specialties (musical background, perhaps even music-education?, voiceacting skills, singing, flash skills, other relevant skills):

Link to my audiopage, names of my favourite songs by me:

Freetext:

Flash Artist Advertise Form

Current project (if no project is on the horizon, state what kind of flash you want to create next):

What style of audio (music, sfx etc.) do I need for my upcoming flash?

Links to flashes I created, or samples on other websites/servers:

Freetext:

Wakka wakka

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 12:28:58

Hmmm ... you've got a good way with words . ;)
Good idea but i want to see what will become from this first ...

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 12:37:11

Well, here´s my advert;

Why do I want to collaborate with a flash artist, and what kind of style am I interested in making for flashes (sell yourself in a few short lines)?

I think I have alot to give for flash authors. Audio is extremley important in gaems/movies, what I can give You is ONE single wav with all audio needed (filesize <3). Of course I create audio after requests so that they can fit Yur flash as good as possible.

My best musical genre (not nessecarily the ones listed in the AP, and not nessecarily connected to the previous question):

I try to make some mix between trip-hop/glitch/experimental stuff with skratches (gotta love the schwoopi -schwupp sounds they make:) but I also make alot of experimental electronic music. Some more moodful then other :) I like making "futuristic" sounding stuff.

Amongst the audios I made that got used in flash submissions here on NG, Exofusion 2 and
Predator 2: final hunt are the most succesfull flashes. Currently in a collaboration with NG´s Chronamut, but there will be time for more :)

When making audio, I use Reason3.0 along with Recycle2.1 and Cubase SX3. For hardware I have a Numark CDX, a CD skratcher (meaning I can burn whatever I want and skratch it. Lovley)., a mixer, a cd-player, an oxygen8 midi-keyboard awseome monitors (krk rokit6) an acoustic and one electrical guitar plus two microphones for live sampling.

My personal Extra specialties (musical background, perhaps even music-education?, voiceacting skills, singing, flash skills, other relevant skills):

I have three years of experience making music, I know how to play basic guitar, basic turntableism. I studied basic motion picture, so i have basic knowledge of how to make, well, films (most interesting feature should be timing if i make audio, i suppose)Also. I have, uh, alot of will? :)

My Audio on NG. My favourite songs by myself are "I Switch It On", Area 51 and "Insomnia".

Freetext:

In a week (today is 3/7-06) I will start my vacation, and will have alot of time to spend on stuff I like... making Audios!!! :)

Just PM me, or pop me an e-mail; rucklo@hotmail.com if you wish to collaborate with me! <3

Wakka wakka

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 14:26:18

In short, fast and hard. Any battle scene or chase music you need made, I'm your man.

Goa/DnB

One, but it didn't go too well because the flash artist had a little bit of a too unique idea of how to use the audio. Pico Jr. Jr.

Drums, FL studio 5, Reason 3.0

My personal Extra specialties (musical background, perhaps even music-education?,

voiceacting skills, singing, flash skills, other relevant skills):

9 years of drumming experience, I could do announcer-type voice acting skills if you need them.

My audio page. My favorite songs are my Die With Style series, and Paradise on E ZENON MIX.

Freetext

My email is djz3n0n@hotmail.com if anyone is interested. :D

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 15:02:00

if you ever need any atmospheric chamber music let me know. that's basically my style. though i have yet to put any up on newgrounds.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 16:11:03

Why do I want to collaborate with a flash artist, and what kind of style am I interested in making for flashes (sell yourself in a few short lines)? I want my music to be heard Action scenes and even finale music for after the action.

My best musical genre (not nessecarily the ones listed in the AP, and not nessecarily connected to the previous question): sci fi sounding Trance

PBM and myself will be usin my music in a collab soon
Keyboard, head phones FL studio 6 full version Acid demo
My personal Extra specialties (musical background, perhaps even music-education?, voiceacting skills, singing, flash skills, other relevant skills): musical theory at a highschool level, classical (but still noob) oboest

Link to my audiopage, names of my favourite songs by me
audio by syntrus bleep plasma zero level an genric tragedy music are my favorites
Freetext: I look forward to a response and click my sig
also message me if u saw this!

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 17:58:07

man this is great!!

I agree I sometimes look for music in the AP and give up cause Im not sure how to look for it

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 18:09:59

At 7/3/06 05:58 PM, MindChamber wrote:
I agree I sometimes look for music in the AP and give up cause Im not sure how to look for it

There really is no good way looking for AP stuff, unless you want to spend ages listening...

I hope you´ll get around here when you´re looking for audio artists in your upcoming flash, if anything is going on :) I´m telling you, there are many of the AF regulars alone who are outstanding musicians in many aspects!

Wakka wakka

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 18:44:21

I want to collaborate with someone who knows how to make the video fit with the audio. When that happens, it is the most awesome thing ever. See here. I make classical, pop, techno, rock, metal, drum 'n bass - basically anything except hip-hop or R&B.

Currently, classical/jazz. But I'll still do some kick-ass electronix for ya.

Stunningly, none. (I will keep telling myself: twice a day, but all those movies are so bad they get blammed right away.)

Cubase SX + lots of VSTs
ImpulseTracker 2.14
CoolEdit Pro (excellent reverb and equalizer presets)
TASCAM US-122 External soundcard
KORG Concert 5000 digital stage MIDI piano
A spanish guitar, an electrical (Epiphone SG) guitar and a twelve-string semi-acoustic
Boss ME-30 guitar effect pedal
A SAMSON condenser mic

Play the guitar, the piano, have been studying for 3 years now into a singing theatrical performer at one of the primary actor schools in the Netherlands, would be a good voiceactor, can come up with and program cool, groovy drums and invent nice syncopated basslines. Theoretical knowledge in abundance. Don't know shit about programming flash.

Link.

Favorite songs: Coming of the water, Hitler hacks LINUX, Buffalos in bikini, Aeronaut.

Freetext:

I WILL have sex for money.

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 18:45:58

Hm. "See here" in the first answer referred to this.

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-03 19:28:09

I'm an indie musician by trade, and would love to have a flash music video, I also have a flair for atmospheric music which could suit darker, moodier pieces

Almost certainly indie/mood music

My track 'Rockabilly' was featured in R!SE, a game by Denvish, i also have a few songs that are currently being added to flash due this summer

Cubase SX, Fruityloops, Wavelab, Reason, A shitload of VST's, Including the Korg Legacy collection, Z3ta etc etc, A tascm US-122 external USB soundcard/audio interface, Digitech RPX400 multi fx pedal with built in audio interface, Marshall MG Dfx 50 and an ancient yamaha midi synth/sequencer

Playing guitar since i was 14, been producing since 16, played in various bands, have spent 3 yrs at the \University of Salford studying BA(Hons) Media and Performance, which means i have acting experience in all media formats and have an excellent radio voice, accents and dialects are strong too. Can write, produce, direct a film from scratch can also do theatre.

My audio Favourite tracks, Cold, On the front Summers day, Our Countrys Good and Calm, oh and rising of the land.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-04 04:48:36

Is this in the sticky? It should be.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-04 11:23:11

Hi (not advertising my self, but advertising a job),

My team and I are currently in the final stages of Pre-Production of our fantasy epic animation/video series called 'From the Beyond World: Through the Shattered Looking Glass' The characters have been cast, and all the final art designs are being produced and we have our musician on stand-by ready for Post-Production later this summer.

We are looking for a talented sound guy who has access to a lot of different sound effects, or has the tools/capabilities to produce sound effects on demand. We do not make profit from our productions, so we are looking for someone to join our team voluntarily, and be paid in glory and to work on the project because its what they enjoy doing. All our other team members are the same. We're a very global team, so we don't care which part of the world you hail from, the more obscurer the better. Although clear english speaking (Vocal and or Written (MSN)) is essential for good communication.

If you think you'd be interested in joining, or want to learn more about the project at hand, then please contact me: samoncreationsuk@gmail.com

Thank you very much,

Sam.O
Samon Creations UK

The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread

Response to The Ng Portal Collaboration Thread 2006-07-06 16:52:31

Rucklo i already advertised on your thread man

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature