00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LuckyCheshire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Did you ever come close to death

3,856 Views | 83 Replies

Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-12 23:23:32

Was there ever a time when you almost died. Once I came out of the pool and I couldn't breathe. Apparently I was choking on a loogie.

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-12 23:26:15

I once was riding my bike near a sidewalk. I had just learned how to ( I was 15 and I just learned). Anyway, I fell and this huge truck comes down the street. I manage to get up, but I made a mistake. I went back for my bike. Needless to say, I came within 2 seconds of death. Oh and by the way, this was in Germany, where they have no speed limits.

Sorry. No EDIT button. :(

-Rommel

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-12 23:30:38

I was at a party. A truck was driving backwards. I ran up to kick it as it went by. Truck does reverse 180. I lean back (matrix style) truck slides under me leaning. Misses me by inches, or less. It may not have killed me if i got hit, but I would have been in the hospital.

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-12 23:39:40

was a little kid, and i crossed the street w/o looking at road, and car comes really fast swerves really loud and barely misses me, and then he just drove off.

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-12 23:44:57

once when i was little,i was at a public pool.I had fallen in the pool seconds after the lifeguard went to the bathroom.
I couldnt see jackshit in the water,i had to be down there for about 45 seconds trying to find a way out.
I just swung my arm and hit a pipe,then i fgrabbed on the pipe and pulled myself out.

I told my mom while i was crying and she laughed at me.

remember 45 seconds is long time to hold your breathe when your like 5.

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:03:14

sure did... it was quite scary actully i almost drowned in a swere pipe, cuz it got flooded over in a storm, good thing the pressure was sooo hard, cuz it was 169 feet deep.. :(

OmG hawttY<~~~~ click this....

u can pull my hair N my smack ass, N you bet i'll call you daddy

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:21:08

Whooo, so many times. Lets see, the scariest was at a trip to the Grand Canyon. I inherited (though I didn't know it at the time) a hypnotic like mind condition that makes you want to jump when your on a ledge. Wel needless to say the grand canyon isn't the best place for me. But I have since gone skydiving and bunjee jumping as much as I can. And am studying to get into the air force academy. No matter how much my mom bitches

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:24:30

was accidently stabbed once near a vital artery
feel off my roof once ( people said i should have died, was only bruised though?)

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:41:28

I drank antifreeze and gasoline treatment.... ._.

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:44:00

At 10/13/05 12:41 AM, ornery_scotsman wrote: I drank antifreeze and gasoline treatment.... ._.

and we all love you for it

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:45:21

I fell into a pool that was frozen over, almost got hit by a car goin 40 and other things that I cant think of.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:46:59

Several times with cars and me not paying attention, got my foot ran over once, the ass didn't even slow down.

Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:47:17

I took a surface street turn at 70mph and almost crashed head on to my fiance's parked car...

She was in the car too...it was a pretty sad day for me.

All I can say is thank GOD for my good suspension and my limited-slip!

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:47:55

Actually the closest to death i have ever come would have to be the second time i got malaria. Well i wouldnt know if you would call it the second time, becuase it was really more of a relapse from the first time.

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:49:22

When I was about 6 years old, I woke up at like 10 pm at night. For some strange reason, I couldn't breathe. So, as any sufficating 6 year old would, I walked over to my father (whom was up late again) and laid on his lap. He noticed a slight purple-ish color to my face. He soon realized that I had stopped breathing. So, like any father would he yelled at the top of his lungs, "CINDY!!" (that of course, is my mother's name) my mother immediately woke up and they took me over to the bathroom. When we got there, my mother craddled me on her lap as my father turned on the water in our bathtub. He turned it on to VERY hot water, and soon steam was filling the room and clearing my throat. I started to breathe again, but my mother took me to the hospital. I later found out that my throat had closed up for some reason. They couldn't find out the reason why, but I didn't really care. I lived, lol and that was all that mattered.

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:50:36

i fell down my stairs and was knocked unconsious. i woke up with my dog licking my face..... AND I peed on a downed electrical wire on a dare... i was in a coma for 2 days XD

d

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:50:51

At 10/13/05 12:49 AM, AmyXLee wrote: They couldn't find out the reason why, but I didn't really care. I lived, lol and that was all that mattered.

Satan was choking you. And hes comming to git cha!

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 00:51:48

At 10/13/05 12:50 AM, ornery_scotsman wrote:
At 10/13/05 12:49 AM, AmyXLee wrote: They couldn't find out the reason why, but I didn't really care. I lived, lol and that was all that mattered.
Satan was choking you. And hes comming to git cha!

*blink blink* I knew it...they called me insane! But I knew it was him allll along..

*eye twitch* maybe I am crazy...

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 22:31:55

At 10/13/05 12:50 AM, Lord_Bob wrote: I peed on a downed electrical wire on a dare... i was in a coma for 2 days XD

That, sir, would be the single most awesome way to die in the entire world. I salute you.

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 22:37:45

to many but i will say 3

one time when iwas about 7 i crossed the road and a car came and slammed on braks my hip was touching the car he was so close...
second
another time when i was like 5 before i could swim i was on a floating alligator in a 9 foot pool it flipped over and i fell under no1 culd see me finally this girl dove in and got me

third

i was at the beach for my 14th birthday and i went way out to far and couldnt get back this guy swam out to me and got me (not a lifeguard) that was embaraasing as hell

Just here to pass the time :)

http://www.faille.deviantart.com

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 22:39:55

I flatlined on 6 hits of X but lived and learned a good lesson,next time only take 1 triple stack not 2.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 22:42:04

more than once

one time i went "rock climbing" at this giant rock wall i found in yonkers and i slipped near the top and barely got back up (2 story drop into jagged rocks)

one time i cracked my skull against a display table corner in a mall

one time a huge ass truck came an inch away from giving me a good clip at 40 mph that coulda gotten me crushed by another car

"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here."

-Cheshire Cat

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 22:52:03

I choked on a piece of asparagus and couldn't breathe at all, if my mom didn't know the hiemlick menuver i'd be dead. This is when I was 4 or 5.

Also, a huge ass car smashed into us in an intersection, and we were in a very lightweight car ( a toyota prius hybrid) throwing our car 70 degrees and 23 feet to the right. Lucky we were driving a relatvely safe car so we didn't get hurt to bad. But the driver's side door was TOTALED. I was about 13 or 14.

And when I was about 12, a kid took out his swiss army knife, opened up the four inch blade and threw it at me (I had sorta said some stuff that pissed him off). If I hadn't ducked behind a nearby chair I could've gotten really fucked.

And finally when I was like 13 or 14 some kid tryed to shoot me with a BB rifle. I ducked behind a tree, but my friend got hit in his upper leg. It left a nasty mark. I guess this isn't really close to death though.

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 22:52:21

Well i probslly have hundreds...

1 time when i was taking a shower, my mom said for me to hurry up. I wasted time and stayed there as long as i can. My mom came in.I scremed: MOM!!! WTF!!!
She took hold of the shower door(Made of glass) Pulled it and slammed it. PRSHH
The door broke and my mom`s hand was bleeding. Glass literally rained on me.
We went to the hospital and they took out all the glass from my skin. I had 6 stitches though... From that day on we had shower curtains..

Also this just happened 2 monts ago.. I tripped and fell on a long stic. It scrated my neck. Any closer i coulve been stabbed and died...

One time in Church this kid pushed me down this concrete stairs.
Luckily i rolled down. And Got back up and pushed him down.
His damage was much worse, lol he was in a coma for 3 days. and when i saw him again. I punched him.

Also i got chased by rabid monkeys with knives once....
Scariest moment in my life....

D13, the most elite you've ever seen.

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 22:54:29

Yes many times. Last week I almost was in a wreck and ran over. i almost rolled my ATV more than a few times. was threatend to be shot many times if that counts. Jumped head first into the ground off a trampoline and did not get up for half an hour. Wrecked a ATV with my freind and blacked out in mud. and some more I forget.

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 22:55:47

ATV accident, 2 years ago,my cabin.

I was riding my dad's ATV, the smaller ones were taken by my cousins. The older one cut through a small tree and a whole bunch of trees. I decided to do the same. I didn't turn had enough ( too heavy of a machine ) i went into the trees. Luckily, one tree stopped my machine (i was too afraid to even think of breaking).
1. I could have kept going, eventually falling into a trench a couple yards away, flipping the ATV on me, left to die.
2. Less severely, the tree that broke the foot rest could have broken my foot.
3. I put my head down as i went into the trees. A terrible mistake could have been made, a tree could of smashed my head in, either to kill me, or paralize me for the rest of my life.

I experienced the "Life flashing before you" thing... I made it out alive, and it has haunted me to this day...

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 23:01:50

4 times for me- twice I cracked my head open cuz I fell or something ( i don't really remember them- both times happend when I was really young- 3 or 5 or something).
Once I tried to mug someone with a bat and they pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the arm (it would've been in the torso if I didn't block it). Also, once I was riding my bike, then as I rode past an intersection (not major- no traffic light or anything), and all of a sudden this guy that was joy riding hit me on my right side in my blind spot and then sped off cuz he realized that he would be in some deep shit if he stayed and got arrested and all. My life is full of fun times!

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 23:14:34

the closest i came to death (not even) would probly be when i was rideing my bike and i didnt see a car behind me so i went in the middle of the road not noticeing a car was going really fast just behind me. i felt the air of the car touch me.

and once i almost got my syster killed. we where rideing bikes again and theres this corner where u cant see oncomeing traffic so i got got onto the side of the road and rememberd my sis was on the wrong side and i yelled to her to come over by me. a garbage truck was zooming past the other side where my sister would of ben if i didnt tell her to move.

BBS Signature

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 23:16:20

At 10/13/05 11:01 PM, Kazera wrote: Once I tried to mug someone with a bat

WOW YOU'RE SO FUCKING COOL

Response to Did you ever come close to death 2005-10-13 23:18:33

I almost drowned in Cancun. 8 foot waves.