00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheGTBX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Club

669,822 Views | 12,685 Replies

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-22 21:11:02

Hope it was fun for all of you! heh I'll get to see the pictures though... seeing as I live so close to her (in other words I live in the City lol) gosh can't wait for her to come back!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-22 21:14:12

At 8/22/05 07:32 PM, --MRED-- wrote:
At 8/22/05 03:20 AM, Aimi wrote:
At 8/21/05 11:42 PM, --MRED-- wrote: ATTENTION! ALL VOICE ACTING CLUB MEMBERS!!

IM LOOKING FOR ALL ABLEbody VOICE ACTORS WHO CAN SPEAK JAPANESE FLUENTLY AND OR ENOUGH TO MAKE A DECENT CONVERSATION
Ooh! Ooh! i speak Japanese! ^^
Will shoot you an e-mail too.

Oh, crap only AIM inquiries?
Damn, i'm out then. =P
you can send me and email :P but be sure to keep it clean i just reformated :(

I speak a great deal of Japanese if you need a male. Also, Kagome speaks Japanese I believe fluently and is a great VA'tress

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-22 22:17:36

Sent you an e-mail Mypuddle.

And good job to TESM, Fenix Onslaught, and Shalamaseskia with What's On TV!?. The flash movie itself was kind of slow, but the voice acting was pretty good.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-22 22:45:07

I'm looking to do voice work here, what do I need to do

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-22 23:11:09

At 8/22/05 10:45 PM, GrantM wrote: I'm looking to do voice work here, what do I need to do

-Your name or screen name
-Age range (not how old you actually are, but what ages you are able to sound like)
-Specialties (screaming, anime voices, monster voices, etc.)
-Resume URL (if you have one)
-Example(s) of your voice
-Ways to contact you

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-22 23:59:36

I just moved into college right after attending gen con a total of at least 21 hours of driving to various places so if I havent posted in a while thats why.

K people who want to join need to take the time to do a little homework. Were not going to do the work for you. You need to show a little bit initiative. The rest of us were able to do it. If your serious about joining this club one sign is taking the initiative to check out our rules for joining.

Hope every one had fun at AE and that kagomes panel went well

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 00:14:11

Mad Crazy Props(What does that really mean?)
to Kagome as Mecha Eva in the new Miss Dynamite episode!!!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 02:53:46

At 8/22/05 07:32 PM, --MRED-- wrote:
you can send me an email :P but be sure to keep it clean i just reformated :(

Yay! ^^
And, yes. Definitely will keep my e-mails clean. My Norton Anti-Virus automatically scans outgoing e-mail, so there shouldn't be anything to be worried about.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 03:05:00

Elliair : Thanks much elliair. I didn't think it would be out so soon. It was wayyy too slow for me, and basically, there was no animation either, which bummed me out very much. But he thought the voice was good... and out already. cool.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 03:13:21

ha ha, to be honest, I didn't care about my voice too much. I was only going to do one line, and I guess it was good enough to make the cut. heh, i really was going for an inside sarcastic. oh well.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 03:16:41

At 8/22/05 11:59 PM, Fenix_Onslaught wrote: Hope every one had fun at AE and that kagomes panel went well

I was there to witness that nightmare!... lol Actually it went fine. The only thing that went wrong is the people at the convention forgot to change the time on the schedules in the books, so it said that it started at 6 even though it was actually at 4. Basically they had 30 mins to do the panel instead of 2 hours.
They also forgot to remove the panel from the books on Sunday. Me and Kagome had to leave on Sunday, so only Frogs was left to sort of deal with people showing up for a panel that didn't really exist. He'll have to tell us how it went when he gets back. The_Zodaik was also there on Sunday, but he had his thing with the 404's. Anybody going to a convention that has the 404's, make sure you check them out, they're awesome.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 03:22:31

Well, children...

I'm officially back from Anime Evolution 2005.

And, well, I'll make a BIG post about it tomorrow, but for tonight I'm really really tired, just pulled back into town...

But I will say a few things quickly. First off, great meeting Frogs, Kagome, and Huggies.
Looks like I may have to be calling a certain someone Gwen from now on, but it really is a lovely name :)

Frogs, thanks for letting me guest host the panel on Sunday after my improv show, we totally kicked ass and I had a blast playing the good cop/bad cop thing, lol. I loved entertaining the room, and I know they loved being entertained. :) You got the info out, I got the humour out, and we even switched it up a bit :P It was great all around, we make an awesome team!

Gwen, or Kagome, had a blast partying with you, my leather jacket looked totally wicked on you, though big, lol. And you can totally steal my French Toast Crunch anyday! Can't wait to hang out with you again. :)

Huggies, you were quiet, but awesome! Had a blast hanging out with you, and thanks for coming to the meet and greet with us! Hope you had fun at my townhouse, and we'll do it again next year if you're up for it!

I know I already said alot, but expect alot more detail tomorrow... because I'm totally ready to tell everyone exactly all the great stuff they missed! :)

And next year, I wanna see alot more of you out there, because it was awesome! As soon as Frogs and Kagome get home I'm sure they'll have alot to add aswell.

And, for anyone who may have talked to me at the panel or saw me or listened to me, or watched me write amusing things on the board ;) , Welcome to the Newgrounds VAC! Please follow the rules, etc. etc. bla bla bla...

If you have any questions or antyhing for me, shoot me a line at the_zodiak@shaw.ca

Oh, and thanks to those of you who asked for my autograph at the panel, and our cool little "possey" that accompanied me and Frogs to the dealers' room afterwards.

I'm beat, I'm goin' to bed, see ya all tomorrow! G'night!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 05:22:59

At 8/22/05 11:11 PM, D-Mac_Double wrote:
At 8/22/05 10:45 PM, GrantM wrote: I'm looking to do voice work here, what do I need to do
-Your name or screen name
-Age range (not how old you actually are, but what ages you are able to sound like)
-Specialties (screaming, anime voices, monster voices, etc.)
-Resume URL (if you have one)
-Example(s) of your voice
-Ways to contact you

-Grant McLellan
-Male
-Unsure really
-Unsure
-http://www.geocities..rantm8/varesume.htm
l

-I'll post one as soon as possible
-In resume

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 06:13:48

Yayyyyy! AE!!

Okay first of all I got to meet a lot of online AVA friends like Frogs, Zodiak, MC, Lila, Agate & Nikki Jones. And I went to the guest reception even though I wasn't originally going to - it was SO worth the $20 - and there was an EMPTY SEAT NEXT TO JOHNNY YOUNG BOSCH. Aka; Vash the Stampede from Trigun, and tons of other anime characters. My friend and I were like "What? Are these people crazy? It must be saved!" so I was really nervous to ask Johnny so first I asked the people on the other side and they said no so then I had to ask Johnny. I was SO NERVOUS. and then he said no the seats weren't taken, and waved for me to sit down O_O So I sat next to JOHNNY YOUNG BOSCH, that's right. *fangirl* At first he was talking to this other guy but then he turned and we both said hi at the same time and introduced ourselves and talked for quite a while ^___^ Eventually he had to get up and sign autographs for a million people so my friend and I got up and walked around to meet a few other people like Cathy Weseluck, and this one new voice actor (forgot his name) who wrote that I had a "hot voice" lol. So then my friend and I sat down at an empty table and soon Johnny and his wife came over and sat down next to us VOLUNTARILY. And we talked for about three hours...we were the only ones remaining in the pub lol and MC-kun and Zodiak-kun came later during that time and sat with us....but dude it was so awesome because he talked to us way longer than anybody at the guest dinner...his wife was really nice too ^_^ We didn't talk much about voice acting; I figured they got sick of having to talk about their jobs all day so I just asked them questions about normal stuff and we all shared embarrassing moments. And eventually everyone had to leave but then we went back to Will's townhouse thing (cereal...) and had a party and played on these little horse things at the playground (SO FUN, lmao) I gave my demo to this voice director, Rob Bakewell, I kinda doubt he will listen to it but oh well. I also met Brad Swaille aka Mousse in Ranma 1/2...didn't get to meet Kirby but yeah. So Sunday morning we had to leave early but we went to Johnny and Brad's panel and it was funny because they got swarmed by fans at the end but then they recognized us instantly so we talked and got band stickers and then Johnny voluntarily gave me a hug when I told him we had to leave...oi...that was so awesome.. ^^

Oh yeah, the panel...haha...well, we just showed fandubs for a while on this huge projector thing cause no one was there but around 5:30ish people started showing up so Frogs, Nikki and I answered questions and discussed some things...there was a large crowd in the end and they were all screaming when I did Excel which was pretty cool O_o Cause you know..you almost never get a live audience when you voice act. People got to come up at the end and try voice acting and most of them were actually pretty good. I kept getting recognized. It was funny. Like this one girl randomly came up to me at the con and said she had seen my site and in a fandub thing she found on KaZaa...and there was this group of girls dressed as the cast of Inuyasha and they made me come over and do Kagome's voice.. and this girl's dad was like "Wow you do sound exactly like that girl from the show" and people kept telling me I sounded like the English version of Kagome, it was so funny cause I totally didn't expect it. But yes...we mentioned the VAC in the panel and stuff so maybe some new people will come~

It was so fun meeting everyone ^__^ I'm planning for AX, and maybe Sakura-Con 2006 next year. And if anyone can make it to Senshi-Con that would be great too; I know Shamro-kun is planning to come. Oh and MaKd sorry I didn't see you at the con :(

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 06:47:36

*cries* Curse America and it's wonderful convention circuit...

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 07:12:24

You could always start a convention where you live.
That's what I did.

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 08:35:09

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 08:40:29

Just a quick "welcome back" to those who attended AE.
Sounded like a great time, and I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. =)

General VAC: Hmm... a rather talented flash animator is looking for VAs in this thread.
(The only currently listed female role is a grandma. Sorry ladies. =( )

Now fellas, it is DBZ-based, which we're not all fans of, but why turn down a chance in a near guaranteed front-pager? =P

The_Zodiak, Your Vegeta is really awesome, so I hope ya try for him. =D
Shock_Dingo, I'd like to see ya get the role of Darkon, seeing as how you own at demon overlord-type characters. =)

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 08:47:30

At 8/23/05 08:35 AM, GrantM wrote: Okay here it is

http://www.groupnetw..ples/voicesample.mp3

Well, your recording quality is good, which is a start.
But the thing is, we (and flash animators) want to hear something fancy, and something special in your voice demo. Otherwise, no one has any idea what you're capable of. O_O

twitter.com/DevenOClock

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 08:52:47

At 8/23/05 08:47 AM, D-Mac_Double wrote:
At 8/23/05 08:35 AM, GrantM wrote: Okay here it is

http://www.groupnetw..ples/voicesample.mp3

Well, your recording quality is good, which is a start.
But the thing is, we (and flash animators) want to hear something fancy, and something special in your voice demo. Otherwise, no one has any idea what you're capable of. O_O

I'd do that, but I've had people tell my I suck at doing other voices. I'll try though

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 08:56:43

KAGOME!!!! HIIII!!! glad you had fun XD. Most of my friends at dimond would be jelious of that you talked to VASH!!! Trigun fans over there. XD gosh your extremely lucky!!!!!!! ok fine 2 more exclamation marks and I'm done...............................!! XD

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 09:49:59

I have to admit, that watching the whole Trigun series again, looking closely at the voices (and for full metal alchemist), the voice for Vash is talented and does excellent work with different emotions.

However, with stars or celebrities, I never got too hyped about them. Although that is very cool.

All the rest of you looked like you had a great time, and had a lot of fun as well. Which is nice to see. I'ts good to break past just bonds of words and see eye to eye. In person, we may be much more different, even though some of us shows through here, we can't put on a show out there.

I hope you all had a safe trip and a wonderful time. I'm pretty sure they have this stuff here in Chicago, seems odd that they wouldn't, but I would have no idea when.

Get some rest, seems tiring!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 09:54:56

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 10:05:12

ouch, havent posted in a bit, seems like this club is fallin apart

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 10:26:28

My god, it sounds like all you folks that were down at AE had quite the time. I really wish that school had started later for me so that I could've joined in on everything (day 3 of orientation...I'm actually posting from a school comp at the moment, too). Anywho, once I get a job, I should be able to go out to more conventions, but for now, I'll at least be appearing for Senshi-con (w00t). Hopefully, a job and some extra free time will permit me to go to Sakura-con and AX. Gotta go on a group tour now, so I'll catch you guys later!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 11:21:18

Um... Can i join in?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 11:30:43

Heheh thanks D-mac :)
Man you guys sure had fun at AE I wish I could of gone. Hopefully more of us can meet in the future! That's awesome I loved Vash's english VA, I'm not sure but I think either him or another VA is doing Naruto's english voice. Glad you all had fun and got back safe!

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 11:45:34

So can I join the Newgrounds Voice Acting Club please?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 12:08:59

At 8/23/05 11:45 AM, GrantM wrote: So can I join the Newgrounds Voice Acting Club please?

A voice sample where you put yourself down, not a great way to start, dude. Furthermore, you didn't really do what (D mac I think) said about a range of voices. A bit of advice: Listen to other people's demos and get an idea of what they should sound like. I don't mean anybody's demos, try some people like Frogs, Omahdan, Elliair, Kagome and the rest of our talented regulars. Listen to a few to get an idea of what we expect from a voice demo, try again and then post it.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-23 12:15:36

At 8/23/05 11:21 AM, Teo95 wrote: Um... Can i join in?

Ok, look at my previous post directed to GrantM, and do what it says. Furthermore, you need to fill this out WITHOUT skipping past the Voice sample(s) part, a voice sample is REQUIRED to join. and Iike I said to GrantM, listen to some other peoples voice demos to get an idea of what we expect and put one together. Here is what you have to fill out:

-Your name or screen name:
-Age range (not how old you actually are, but what ages you are able to sound like):
-Specialties (screaming, anime voices, monster voices, etc.):
-Resume URL (if you have one):
-Example(s) of your voice (required):
-Ways to contact you: