Time for your review, Harambe. Don't die on me, now.
Stuff that's great:
- The break around 2:18 is wonderful, always love some acoustic guitar. And then the phenomenal chorus sound with the vocals!
- Okay, the composition of this is great. While parts are repeated, they're really fitting and enjoyable with the vocals. The vocal hooks fit together really well and are put together with more than enough variation and background detail to sound great!
Stuff that can be improved:
- THAT BASS SOUND. It's so low and has almost no tone to it, just a slightly blobby bass only sound. Try centering it a bit and bringing out the low mids some more.
- Guitar is buried at 0:35 by the chords.
- Overall mix is generally a bit thin - the instruments aside from the vocals could be brought out a little bit more.
-The ending just cuts off mid bass pattern. Not good.
- Oh. There are some string-like sounds in the background that are almost completely inaudible for the entire piece.
So the writing and arrangement of this is almost entirely really good (aside from the ending), the main thing that brings it down from where it could be is the mix and whatever is used for the bass instrument. If it 'popped' a bit more and had a tastier bass, this would have a really, really strong feel to it.
I like the beat at the beginning. Super catchy stuff. The guitar sounds a little thin, and might need a bit more reverb, but overall the texture is really refreshing and cathartic. I love the bass solo at 1:16, and the vocals are really smooth as always. I appreciated the structural contrast at 2:17, and you lead into the final refrain really well. This is a smooth-flowing, well-produced, well-structured, and catchy piece with a fun, upbeat vibe. I personally didn’t notice any crackles or pops, and I commend you for undergoing the extended time and effort to eliminate them. Really strong work here, man. Keep it up!
Mixing, mastering, and balance
Structure, transitions, phrasing, and variety
Melody, tonality, harmony, and texture
Instrumentation and sound design
Emotion, atmosphere, and catchiness
Originality and uniqueness
Overall (how do the above elements interact?)
I'm learning more and more how great your voice is. 5/5
Gosh, thanks Mithyx! I'm really glad you enjoy it :)
Nice song, very catchy, and with a beautiful sound.
Thanks, Pomic! And I appreciate you keeping up to date with my journey through this contest. :)
Pretty groovy. I love it. It sounds pretty legit like it's not meant for this sight.
Good luck mate
Thanks man! Good luck to you too!
Please contact me if you would like to use this in a project. We can discuss the details.