Time for your review, Harambe. Don't die on me, now.
Stuff that's great:
- The break around 2:18 is wonderful, always love some acoustic guitar. And then the phenomenal chorus sound with the vocals!
- Okay, the composition of this is great. While parts are repeated, they're really fitting and enjoyable with the vocals. The vocal hooks fit together really well and are put together with more than enough variation and background detail to sound great!
Stuff that can be improved:
- THAT BASS SOUND. It's so low and has almost no tone to it, just a slightly blobby bass only sound. Try centering it a bit and bringing out the low mids some more.
- Guitar is buried at 0:35 by the chords.
- Overall mix is generally a bit thin - the instruments aside from the vocals could be brought out a little bit more.
-The ending just cuts off mid bass pattern. Not good.
- Oh. There are some string-like sounds in the background that are almost completely inaudible for the entire piece.
So the writing and arrangement of this is almost entirely really good (aside from the ending), the main thing that brings it down from where it could be is the mix and whatever is used for the bass instrument. If it 'popped' a bit more and had a tastier bass, this would have a really, really strong feel to it.