This is a NGADM Round 1 Review.
- Fantastic, relaxing and atmospheric intro.
- Thoughtful lyrics.
- Great guitar work!
- Mixture of singing/rapping.
Really enjoyed the intro, the guitar and pads create a very atmospheric and relaxed energy that persists throughout the song. Your lyrics are thoughtful and carries a powerful message; well done! The guitar work throughout the track is great, I thought your solo work suited the song perfectly.
What to consider:
- Vocals fall a little flat on times.
- The mix could be tidied up, especially near the end of the track (2:41 - 3:26).
- Rap vocals sit in a slightly different space in the mix.
- The song's conclusion ("It is not me!") which starts at 2:41, lasts too long.
The vocals waver from time to time. I think practicing some breathing exercises and doing some vocal warm-ups prior to singing/recording would help tremendously! The mix becomes cluttered during the song's conclusion, I think there is a little too much going on between the drums, vocals, etc. Furthermore, as mentioned above, the conclusion itself sounds a little dragged out. That being said, the more I listen to it, the more it sounds right. I am pretty conflicted over what to think about it haha!
A great entry overall, and with some tweaking, it would be that much better. Keep it up, Divo! :)