This is a NGADM Round 1 Review.
- Great intro (love that synth)!
- Super clean snaps, super bass.
- Great vocals.
- Awesome variety (3:09, 3:39)!
- Excellent use of 'Angels With Filthy Souls' (4:34). Loved that.
I have to say, this track has A LOT going for it. I would go as far to say that it's one of the more creative pieces that I've listened to throughout the NGADM. The intro is solid, and that synth that you bring in at 0:16 sounds wonderful. As stated above, you guys showcase some great vocals here. There were a few times that some notes were a tad flat, but otherwise nice work. I have to reiterate that I LOVED the 'Angels With Filthy Souls' plug -- especially the transition smooth at 4:40 with the gun layering effect.
What to consider:
- Some mixing issues -- ex: introduction of vocals could have been brought out in the mix.
- The 'record crackle' was a nice touch, but it overstays its welcome.
- I loved the variety in the latter half of the track, but a little more could be sprinkled around the first half of the track!
The record crackling was a cool addition, though I think it should have faded out far sooner than it did at 1:22. The first half of the track was really catchy, though compared to the energy and variety of the latter half of the track, it stands out as just a bit drab. Honestly though, it is still excellent!
Keep at it you guys! I always look forward to hearing what you cook up with your imaginations.