NGADM Round 2 Reviewz0rz
What I liked:
- Epic, unique, and detuned sound. Better yet, detuned in a way that makes sense, it fit, and didn't sound obnoxious.
- That bit at around 1:00... very nostalgic, can really, really hear the Mass Effect influence there.
- Clever creation of atmosphere through sound.
What I didn't:
- The poppy synth that started around 1:20 I feel kind of wore out its welcome after a while, as it was largely doing the same thing throughout the entire song. It worked to add some atmosphere to it at first, but I felt it soon became kind of annoying.
- The entire song feels like it's building up to something, I kept running a Mass Effect-ish scene through my head while listening, and it was stuck on a loop, and never really came to a conclusion.
Excellent use of your influences, I didn't hear a whole lot of Terminator in there... as I'm not overly familiar with the Terminator sound track, but being a big fan of Mass Effect, you really nailed that aspect of it. Could have done without the jumpy synth after a while, and would have liked to hear it reach some sort of climax as opposed to just kind of dropping off.