00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

75,672 Views | 619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-04 16:02:10

I've been checking out this new sort of dubstep genre named: "Clowncore".
A couple of people from my school recommended me listening to it, and now when I heard it I ask myself:
"Why?".
Seriously I can't dig this sound, it gets aritmic and it sounds like some lunatic is vomiting.

Ed Cox - Entre de Gladiateur.

This one's OK. (Ed Cox - Clow Koala)

Ed Cox - Attack of the Werewolve clowns

And those are one of his best ones.

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-04 16:09:32

At 11/4/09 04:02 PM, Bendt wrote: "Clowncore".

This is the worst shit I've heard, ever.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-04 17:28:17

At 11/4/09 04:09 PM, EpicFail wrote:

Tell me about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-04 17:51:05

At 11/4/09 05:28 PM, Bendt wrote:
Tell me about it.

I honestly expected something neat because I'm a fan of horrorcore, and when I saw clowncore I thought it was like horrorcore but dubstep and shit, I wish I wasn't wrong.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-05 05:42:29

At 11/3/09 12:01 PM, EpicFail wrote: http://www.shambhalamusicfestival.com/
It's like a festival / rave. Full of good music and psychadelics.

I'm guessing it's in your area because I've not heard of it :P There's loads of decent events like that for dance music knocking about, I just got my bloc ticket ordered for march, should be good fun. The line up isnt even released yet but last year they had skream, rusko, kode9, aphex twin, komonazmuk, hatcha etc.

At 11/3/09 06:19 PM, thecokebitch wrote: >>Fim
Yeah that rave looks fucking badass, wish we had shit like that here in nzl. Instead theres these fuckdup gay psy trance onces that bohemian people go to. I like it how that rave is all speakers and lights and no homo theme.

Yeah excision is the filth too, his bear trap remix is fucking soooo bogan.

You from New Zealand? I have family over there :)
You heard of Tauranga? I'm guessing you have, anyway they live there. Beautiful part of the world. I know this might sound weird but DJs from the UK always say that NZ has a big dubstep scene is this true?

At 11/3/09 06:39 PM, DizzeeRascal wrote: A DnB/Dubstep playlist I've made:

This is one of my favourite things about this club, finding sick new chunes :DD absolutely loving this playlist, never even heard of Phaeleh before but he is c old. thanks for uploading all these.

And those are one of his best ones.

Have got to say that this is one of them subgenres that really does not work. I was thinking for a scond you were talking about clownstep which is a kind of random bassline version of dnb. But from what I can gather it is just shit dubstep made up of clown related samples? Not feeling it tbh. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-05 08:01:45

At 11/3/09 06:39 PM, DizzeeRascal wrote: A DnB/Dubstep playlist I've made:

OSC - Evolution

This is already one of my favourite tunes at the minute :)

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-08 05:50:23

@ Fim

Here's a sick old jungle album I downloaded. You've probably heard most of the tunes but there are a few gems in there.

You'll need to download Utorrent first though. It's easy to do, and is the best way to get music I've come across.VA - The No 1 Jungle Album - (DECESS32) - 4CD - 2008 - OBC Free Torrent

You'll need to download Utorrent first if you don't already have it. It's easy to do and is my favourite way of getting music though.

Also, if you're looking for promo/plate DnB 7 dubstep, follow InspectorDubplate on youtube. Tons of tunes added weekly and all brand spanking new. EG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7Rt4raI Bk

Glad you liked the other tunes.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-08 05:52:09

Hmm, the link didn't work, let me try again:

DJ Dose - Resistance

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-08 13:55:45

At 11/8/09 07:16 AM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 11/3/09 09:30 AM, Fim wrote:
I think I've found home!

You are most welcome buddy :)

On halloween I went to one of them illegal raves, this one was some way out of town (had to get a taxi) in an industrial warehouse.
England has some brilliant free parties. Where can I find out about them? My dad stopped going.

I don't really know much about the freeparty scene outside of Manchester, they do raves in the northwest of England, sometimes Greater Manchester or Sheffeild, Bolton, Salford etc.

If you want to get onto those raves you need to find Gash Collective on facebook and they will message you when there is going to be a party soon and they will send you the partyline which will be updated with the location on the night of the rave. gash collective website
Besides Gash there is a group called Daylight Robbery, who do legal nights in Manchester aswell as illegal raves, basically once you're in the loop it's very easy to know about upcoming freepartys so just ask around. I guess I'm lucky because I'm mates with one of the DJs who plays at alot of these raves.

At 11/8/09 05:50 AM, DizzeeRascal wrote: Also, if you're looking for promo/plate DnB 7 dubstep, follow InspectorDubplate on youtube. Tons of tunes added weekly and all brand spanking new. EG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7Rt4raI Bk

Glad you liked the other tunes.

Yeh I'm already subbed to Inspector Dubplate. I always find it really weird how he's like the 10th most subscribed artist in the UK and he's only about 17/18?? But yeh, he knows about his dnb/ dub. Alot of artists use him as a means to broadcast their tunes aswell. I'd also reccomend subbing to

ieuanfdavies
KCmusick
MiloParsons
Official DnB Arena
DubstepTube
ShankHandler
theillestbro
truetigertv

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-08 14:29:41

I also used to love vibration musicality, but sadly his account got suspended. He had so many sick tunes.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-08 14:35:03

and LadyNerO :c

I think she was going out with one of the guys in Nero but that account is not offline also

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-08 15:05:26

A black day for dubstepers everywhere.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-09 15:20:34

I'M GOING IN FOR THE KILLLLLLL!

Haha! Can't stop saying that phrase.

I know it's old, but stays good. (:

Don't know why but that song reminds me of Michael Jackson.

Podiajakiholizzeeeeeeee -ze-ze-ze-ze-ze-ze-ze *pwooomwpowpowmwobblewobble*

Also old, but I heard an awesome remix of it on Untitled!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-10 09:14:34

At 11/9/09 03:20 PM, Bendt wrote:
Also old, but I heard an awesome remix of it on Untitled!

Not heard them tunes dropped at a rave in ages :P but deffo dubstep classics. It always suprised me how popular that scream remix became, especially as it's so similar to the original.

Not done this for a while, so here are some tunes I keep hearing dropped atm

Doctor P - Sweet Shop
Got dropped at warehouse 3 times :P by skream, rusko and benga
Emalkay - When I Look At You
kinda old but still gets dropped for some reason
Giant - Drumstick
Skream - Simple City
old at the hills but I still hear it alot
Ed Solo - Watch Your Eyes

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-11 02:28:08

Just droppin' in to say hi :)

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-11 05:38:31

At 11/11/09 02:28 AM, jarrydn wrote: Just droppin' in to say hi :)

Haha! I love your sig.
Seriously :D

P.S.: Hi.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-16 11:38:44

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-18 04:47:56

At 11/11/09 02:28 AM, jarrydn wrote: Just droppin' in to say hi :)

Nice mixin on your yt page :) looks like a decent set up aswell.

Froggy style - the Widdler

The Widdler is a beast ;D Positive Vibes, Lady Dub & untitled demo are all good tunes of his

In other news, I'm favoruing my chilled dub at the moment

Noah D - The Bassman

12th Planet - Control ft. Emu

Zomby - Test me for a reason

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-18 06:18:03

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread at all is it is more grime than dubstep. I keep hearing this tune everywhere recently, which is odd because I first heard it many many months ago, it was released about Febuary but it's started to get really famous. Am hearing rusko, cookie monsta, etc dropping it in their mix

Tempa T (Tempz) - Next Hype

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-18 11:42:32

Some more hip hop breaks if anyone's interested:

Klashnekoff - Sayonara

Klashnekoff The Revolution

Both are massive tunes.

Phi Life Cypher - Herbaholics

More American style hip hop than British grime. Still sick though.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-21 08:29:50

At 11/18/09 11:42 AM, DizzeeRascal wrote: Some more hip hop breaks if anyone's interested:

Loving these.

More American style hip hop than British grime. Still sick though.

The way I always saw it, is that america has always done the whole hip hop scene better than the UK, simply because it originated there and they know how to do it so well. Artists such as these are hard to find (UK artists that can do hip hop well).

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-21 10:28:07

Don't want to rub your faces in it, but I just found a really sweet video of that Halloween Illegal rave I went to last month, you get a really idea of how big / the vibe it had, check it out gang link

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-21 11:45:53

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-21 13:48:26

At 11/21/09 08:29 AM, Fim wrote:
The way I always saw it, is that america has always done the whole hip hop scene better than the UK, simply because it originated there and they know how to do it so well. Artists such as these are hard to find (UK artists that can do hip hop well).

I think there's just more of a tradition of that kind of music in the US, hip hop originating from 1960s African American culture. Grime as a genre is much more influenced by Afro Caribbean tones, the demographic who incidently make a very arge part of the black community in the UK. So yeah, essentially it's a cultural thing.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-21 14:17:32

At 11/21/09 01:48 PM, DizzeeRascal wrote: I think there's just more of a tradition of that kind of music in the US, hip hop originating from 1960s African American culture. Grime as a genre is much more influenced by Afro Caribbean tones, the demographic who incidently make a very arge part of the black community in the UK. So yeah, essentially it's a cultural thing.

Yeh Grime is kinda accosiated with urban black youth, I always thought of it as the UK version of crunk, I think the grime scene in the UK is closely related to dubstep, I know alot of grime MCs who spit over dubstep and alot of it works.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-21 15:15:53

Well, both grime and dubstep emerged in London in the 90s, so it's not surprising they're closely linked.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-21 17:47:20

Excision - Boom (ft Datsik)

I'm addicted to this song.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-22 00:53:16

Im in jungle dub dnb.... Jump up all day

this is what im bloody talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sscdyH9sa 0g

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-27 07:38:35

BBS Signature