Pigsk8s
Pigsk8s
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 6/29/09 12:40 PM, Fim wrote:
I'm not sure yet, I might be on holiday but if I'm not then I'll definetly try and get down. I been going gash for a while now but the last one they held in that WW2 bunker was absolutely fucking mental. Must have been at least 1000 people there, the walls and ceiling were dripping with sweat :P My mate DJed there at about 6am but apparently it was still going on at like 10pm THE NEXT DAY haha

Did you go to the one they held in that massive warehouse in old trafford? Imo that was better

Yeah man, The bunker was sick! hear about the knife threats tho?
Well I got to the trafford gash but as you know police wer all over it like flys on shit! Spent hours trying to sneek past the cops but with no luck. :\

Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 08:00 PM Reply

At 6/29/09 02:28 PM, Detrimentalist wrote: I fucking adore Dubstep, DnB and Jungle.

Too right!!

Bar9, Ganja White Night, Gravious, Skream, Distance, Coki, Rusko, Nero etc. etc.

I also do a bit of mixing, I suppose you could call me a 'bedroom DJ' or a 'Laptop DJ' but I'm saving up for some decks.

Count me in.

Some good artists right there, and yeh decks can cost a bomb. To get a decent set up would probably set you back around 600, plus you got to buy a decent range of vinyls, thats the only reason why I'd probably never buy them because you have to pay a tenner just for 1 song, and there are so many good tunes!! You'd probably end up spending a grand to become a half decent DJ which is money I just dont have :p

Did you go to the one they held in that massive warehouse in old trafford? Imo that was better
Yeah man, The bunker was sick! hear about the knife threats tho?
Well I got to the trafford gash but as you know police wer all over it like flys on shit! Spent hours trying to sneek past the cops but with no luck. :\

Shame, yeh at the WW2 rave there were loads of dick heads robbing people. One of my mates got robbed at gunpoint :/ not good.

BBS Signature
MkieNedachi
MkieNedachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:51 PM Reply

At last!
A Dub n DnB thread. Anyone want a preview of this tune I'm working on? (Drum & Bass)

Click this: Mkie Nedachi - Mother Nature (Preview)

Any drum & bass crews out there i could join?

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 6th, 2009 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 7/5/09 07:51 PM, MkieNedachi wrote: At last!
A Dub n DnB thread. Anyone want a preview of this tune I'm working on? (Drum & Bass)

Click this: Mkie Nedachi - Mother Nature (Preview)

yh that's really nice mate, voted on it for you :)

Any drum & bass crews out there i could join?

I think there might be 1 dnb crew apart from this, but there's nothing else for dubstep sadly

SOM NEW TUNES 4U BADBOYS

Original Sin - Back for more new DnB
Suspect - Melodic (HQ) dubstep
Stagga - Timewarp dub VIP

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 6th, 2009 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 7/6/09 05:49 PM, Fim wrote: Original Sin - Back for more new DnB

I saw Original Sin at Innovation in Barcelona the other week... his set was pretty good, but it was right at the end of the night so I was pretty shattered by the time he came on. Love his remix of Ra, though.

Personally I'm liking a bit of Ed Rush & Optical at the moment... Chubrub is a fucking tune.

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 6th, 2009 @ 06:02 PM Reply

At 7/6/09 05:56 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 7/6/09 05:49 PM, Fim wrote: Original Sin - Back for more new DnB
I saw Original Sin at Innovation in Barcelona the other week... his set was pretty good, but it was right at the end of the night so I was pretty shattered by the time he came on. Love his remix of Ra, though.

Yh Original Sin is one of those producers who is consistantly making fresh innovative tunes, his new stuff is easily as enjoyable as his older material. I've seen him live aswell a long while ago and it was brutal, he's a real embassador for drum& bass

Personally I'm liking a bit of Ed Rush & Optical at the moment... Chubrub is a fucking tune.

link meeeeh :P

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 6th, 2009 @ 06:35 PM Reply

Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub (drops at about 1:28, listen with extra bass ;P)

Some more tunes I'm liking right now:

Commix - Painted Smile
Nero - Act Like You Know
Chase & Status ft. Jenna G - In Love
B Complex - Beautiful Lies (demo version) -- it's a radio rip too, but bear with it.
Eddy Woo & Moving Fusion - Black Hawk Down

All I can be bothered to look up right now ;)

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 6th, 2009 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 7/6/09 06:35 PM, NEVR wrote: B Complex - Beautiful Lies (demo version) -- it's a radio rip too, but bear with it.

Clean version, although personally I slightly prefer the demo; I think he's slowed down this version a little bit.

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 8th, 2009 @ 09:09 PM Reply

At 7/6/09 06:35 PM, NEVR wrote: Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub (drops at about 1:28, listen with extra bass ;P)

Some more tunes I'm liking right now:

Commix - Painted Smile

Big fan of commix, not heard that tune tho. It's really chilled, I hesitate to use this word but it's sort of beautiful :,) omg shoot me. Reminds me abit of Faceless by commix, big big tunes.

Nero - Act Like You Know

Nero made a dubstep version of this aswell as the dnb version, cant decide which I prefer

Chase & Status ft. Jenna G - In Love
B Complex - Beautiful Lies (demo version) -- it's a radio rip too, but bear with it.
Eddy Woo & Moving Fusion - Black Hawk Down

All I can be bothered to look up right now ;)

niice nic. I reckon that nowadays is a great era for drum and bass. There's been some really solid tunes coming out recently in the Uk

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 8th, 2009 @ 10:23 PM Reply

At 7/8/09 09:09 PM, Fim wrote: Big fan of commix, not heard that tune tho. It's really chilled, I hesitate to use this word but it's sort of beautiful :,) omg shoot me. Reminds me abit of Faceless by commix, big big tunes.

Commix = awesome.

Nero - Act Like You Know
Nero made a dubstep version of this aswell as the dnb version, cant decide which I prefer

Yeah I've heard the dubstep version. It's good, but I think I prefer the DnB version if I had to pick between the two.

niice nic. I reckon that nowadays is a great era for drum and bass. There's been some really solid tunes coming out recently in the Uk

You heard that new High Contrast tune? It's a remix of the Calvin Harris song "Ready for the Weekend". It's not out yet I don't think, but I found it on Youtube. High Contrast opened with this tune during their Hospitality @ Matter set. Was searching for it for AGES after that, and only recently found it.

Can't wait until that tune comes out properly so I can have it in better quality.

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 11th, 2009 @ 04:01 AM Reply

At 7/6/09 06:43 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 7/6/09 06:35 PM, NEVR wrote: B Complex - Beautiful Lies (demo version) -- it's a radio rip too, but bear with it.
Clean version, although personally I slightly prefer the demo; I think he's slowed down this version a little bit.

Hate to admit it, but I've been rinsing this tune for the past few days. You've totally got me hooked on it, some of the best dnb I've heard in a while, the vocals are so cathchy

You heard that new High Contrast tune? It's a remix of the Calvin Harris song "Ready for the Weekend". It's not out yet I don't think, but I found it on Youtube. High Contrast opened with this tune during their Hospitality @ Matter set. Was searching for it for AGES after that, and only recently found it.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony BMG Music Entertainment. >__<

Yh High Contrast is mixing alot of good tunes thesedays. When I saw him a couple of months back he did a dnb version of mgmt 'time to pretend', was actually not that bad. link. bit annoying that youv got the DJ speaking over it abit cos its ripped

BBS Signature
DizzeeRascal
DizzeeRascal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 11th, 2009 @ 08:25 AM Reply

At 11/13/08 08:12 PM, Jimbobsthebest wrote:
At 11/13/08 05:49 PM, Fim wrote: not heard of it, but the dubstep scene in london is meant to be wiked. does the fabric nightclub have any link to that fabric 37 album Caspa& Rusko made? or is the name just coinsidence.
Sure does, the fabric CDs are made by the nightclub who ask various DJs who have played there to make a mix tape. The Fabriclive CDs on the other hand are actual live recordings (just set recording now crowd etc).

You should seriously check out fabric if your around about London, it's an awesome nightclub with the best underground dance DJ playing every weekend. Also if you liked the Caspa Rusko CD check out the Freq Nasty one... it's pretty heavy.

I'd second that. Fabric is the by far the best club in London, and not just because of the music. Cheap entry, not filled with posh twats like most West End clubs, the size of the place is such a bonus as well.

At 11/20/08 03:56 PM, PickledOnionMuffin wrote: Dunno, my early post got deleted too, odd.
Newcastle sucks for DnB, no clubs or anything, and the usual dubstep that gets played at clubs, im not a great fan of.

Really? I have a brother up at Newcastle uni, and he showed me around a few DnB clubs, which right now I can't remember the name of. I'll rack my brain though.

At 11/5/08 03:42 PM, Gore-Hound wrote: Where's all the junglist's around here??

I searched dubstep and got ONE thread, with zero replies!

Unbelievable!

Anyway, this club is for all da junglist's of NG, all the bassheads, all tha dubsteppas, the whole lot.
Show your appreciation, share tunes, share samples, help eachother out with with programs...reason, recycle wuteva, but NG needs a place for us junglists.

I gotta few tunes I'm workin on an I would'nt mind sharin them with someone for some feedback, drop me a line if ya interested.

I'd say breakbeat's my favourite genre, but I'm still a big fan of dubstep. I've compiled a list of a few of my fave artists, anyone else listen to their stuff?

Stanton Warriors, Deadmau5, Skream, Sasha, LTJ Bukem, Burial, Logistics, Commix, Chase and Status, Benga, Krafty Kuts, Caspa and Rusko, Prodigy, Marcus Intalex, Plump DJs, MJ Cole, Friction, James Zabiela, Deekline, Kode 9.

he's jus' a rascal...

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 11th, 2009 @ 09:30 AM Reply

http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/podcast/

Find the Brookes Brothers podcast, fucking excellent set. I mean REALLY good. It's the one that opens with Nero - Act Like You Know (the DnB version).

Happy listenings :)

BBS Signature
DizzeeRascal
DizzeeRascal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 11th, 2009 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 7/11/09 09:30 AM, NEVR wrote: http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/podcast/

Find the Brookes Brothers podcast, fucking excellent set. I mean REALLY good. It's the one that opens with Nero - Act Like You Know (the DnB version).

Happy listenings :)

Yea, the Brookes Brothers are sick. Never went on their podcast though, cheers!

As an aside, here's a dubstep tune I've been listening to a lot lately, enjoy.

The Others - Bushido

he's jus' a rascal...

Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 12th, 2009 @ 01:33 AM Reply

At 7/11/09 08:25 AM, DizzeeRascal wrote: I'd second that. Fabric is the by far the best club in London, and not just because of the music. Cheap entry, not filled with posh twats like most West End clubs, the size of the place is such a bonus as well.

I'm 18 in just under a month now (Aug 11th) and I was seriously considering going down to fabric because my sister is at uni in london, and I really wana check it out ;) It's a legendary club.

On that note, it says on your prof that you're 17, how did you get in? They're meant to be ruthless on ID

Stanton Warriors, Deadmau5, Skream, Sasha, LTJ Bukem, Burial, Logistics, Commix, Chase and Status, Benga, Krafty Kuts, Caspa and Rusko, Prodigy, Marcus Intalex, Plump DJs, MJ Cole, Friction, James Zabiela, Deekline, Kode 9.

Nice variation of artisits here, not heard any stanton warriors but the name rings a bell, not heard of James Zabiela either, what are their tunes like?

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 12th, 2009 @ 01:46 AM Reply

At 7/12/09 01:33 AM, Fim wrote: On that note, it says on your prof that you're 17, how did you get in? They're meant to be ruthless on ID

LOL, probably about 50% of the times I've been I haven't been ID'ed. I'm 20 anyway, but I don't think it would be that hard for someone without ID to get in.

BBS Signature
BlueKoalaClock
BlueKoalaClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 12th, 2009 @ 03:18 AM Reply

I hope you all don't mind if I join this crew.
Well out of these three genres, I like dubstep the most; I'd say this is my favourite dubstep tune. As for Jungle/DnB, I don't listen to that much, though I think this jungle tune is pretty good.

BBS Signature
DizzeeRascal
DizzeeRascal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 12th, 2009 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 7/12/09 01:33 AM, Fim wrote:
At 7/11/09 08:25 AM, DizzeeRascal wrote: I'd second that. Fabric is the by far the best club in London, and not just because of the music. Cheap entry, not filled with posh twats like most West End clubs, the size of the place is such a bonus as well.
I'm 18 in just under a month now (Aug 11th) and I was seriously considering going down to fabric because my sister is at uni in london, and I really wana check it out ;) It's a legendary club.

Yea, definitely do. I've been clubbing in London, Newcastle and Nottingham, and although there are some close contenders, it's by far the best all round clubbing experience I've had.

On that note, it says on your prof that you're 17, how did you get in? They're meant to be ruthless on ID

Having a beard helps, as well as an excellent fake ID

Nice variation of artisits here, not heard any stanton warriors but the name rings a bell, not heard of James Zabiela either, what are their tunes like?

You're probably remembering Stanton Warriors from this tune that they mixed a while back. That was probably their first really mainstream appearance. Since then though they've done a fabriclive album, and I've seen them there plenty of times, I really like their stuff.

As for James Zabiela, he's breakbeat and uses lots of effects. I saw him at Creamfields in Liverpool last year though and really liked his stuff. Check this out if you're interested.

he's jus' a rascal...

Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 15th, 2009 @ 04:14 AM Reply

hope you all don't mind if I join this crew.

not at all mate :)
welcome!

maybe that's where I'm going wrong :P

I had some pretty decent fake ID untill about a week ago when some dickhead bouncer not only didnt accept it, but took it off me :/
got it here

but I got a little tip for getting in most places, bars, clubs etc. usually they have a stamp on your hand or a wristband to prove you've been inside, so what you do is get a mate who is 18+ to go in, get the stamp and then they can come out for a cig or something and transfer the stamp to your hand so it looks as though you've already been in, then bouncers dont ID you because they think they already have. If they do it by wristband then sometimes you can get someone else to break off theirs, get some chewing gum, and stick it together on your wrist.

This is all going to be pretty irrelivant to me soon because I'm only 3 weeks off being 18, so that is gona be a huge releif :P

You're probably remembering Stanton Warriors from this tune that they mixed a while back. That was probably their first really mainstream appearance. Since then though they've done a fabriclive album, and I've seen them there plenty of times, I really like their stuff.

oh yeh I've definetly heard him in a mix then :)

MORE TUNES

Noah D - Serious
Joker - purple city
tek-one - Broken StringsDatSik - Havoc

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 15th, 2009 @ 04:15 AM Reply

At 7/15/09 04:14 AM, Fim wrote: got it here

not true I got it here

BBS Signature
DizzeeRascal
DizzeeRascal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 15th, 2009 @ 01:36 PM Reply

At 7/15/09 04:14 AM, Fim wrote:
maybe that's where I'm going wrong :P
I had some pretty decent fake ID untill about a week ago when some dickhead bouncer not only didnt accept it, but took it off me :/

Yea, that can happen, but it's pretty rare. He must have been a proper knob.

but I got a little tip for getting in most places, bars, clubs etc. usually they have a stamp on your hand or a wristband to prove you've been inside, so what you do is get a mate who is 18+ to go in, get the stamp and then they can come out for a cig or something and transfer the stamp to your hand so it looks as though you've already been in, then bouncers dont ID you because they think they already have. If they do it by wristband then sometimes you can get someone else to break off theirs, get some chewing gum, and stick it together on your wrist.

Wow, sounds like you're quite the craftsman..

This is all going to be pretty irrelivant to me soon because I'm only 3 weeks off being 18, so that is gona be a huge releif :P

18 in December, but it won't really affect me, as I'm off to Greece to do my national service in September, where the drinking age is 16, so it's no problemo.

oh yeh I've definetly heard him in a mix then :)

MORE TUNES

Noah D - Serious
Joker - purple city
tek-one - Broken StringsDatSik - Havoc

I'll be sure to check it out, but for now, sleep.

he's jus' a rascal...

HippityGopher
HippityGopher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 15th, 2009 @ 02:42 PM Reply

Finally got around to posting in this crew. Whats good ya'll?

Anyone like Ak1200?
Weapons of Tomorrow

BBS Signature
Koriigahn
Koriigahn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 15th, 2009 @ 06:09 PM Reply

This
is
where
its
at.

Darkstep and Nuerofunk are the real drum and bass genres.

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 17th, 2009 @ 10:11 AM Reply

nice to see this thread getting some consistant activity :)

swear to god, I am listening to all the reccomendations, putting alot of them on my ipod aswell.

for those of you are into your old dubstep, I found some tracks that burial did on a collaboration with the band 'four tet' which are kinda electronica, ambient, chilled. It's different, not very wobbley or dark, but I like it.

Burial & Four Tet - Moth
Burial & Four Tet - Wolf Cub

BBS Signature
Colombiana
Colombiana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 26th, 2009 @ 10:22 AM Reply

I want to join.
Damn, that wobbling bass of dubstep!

Anyone here listens to Chase and status?

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 26th, 2009 @ 10:39 AM Reply

At 7/26/09 10:22 AM, Colombiana wrote: I want to join.
Damn, that wobbling bass of dubstep!

Anyone here listens to Chase and status?

OMFG of course.

They are one of the many artists who made the transformation from DnB to Dubstep in recent years, just like nero, benny page, crissy criss etc.

although I must admit I didnt enjoy more than alot very much, just not my cup of tea.

a good tune uses the track 'Saxon' by Chase and Status.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 07:48 PM Reply

Had a little mix on my friend's decks earlier on... was really pretty fun, something I'll definitely have to get into a bit more over the next few years.

BBS Signature
Robotussin
Robotussin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 07:55 PM Reply

Any you bruvs like Lynx & Kemo?

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm tumblr

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 01:01 PM Reply

At 7/27/09 07:55 PM, Robotussin wrote: Any you bruvs like Lynx & Kemo?

Have heard of Lynx before, he did 'Disco Dodo' which is a solid tune. Never heard any Kemo before tho, are they Dnb aswell?

Had a little mix on my friend's decks earlier on... was really pretty fun, something I'll definitely have to get into a bit more over the next few years.

Yeh mixing is fucking fun :) would never get into it myself because it's a very expencive hobby.

recently I've been listening to some Fake Blood which isn't strictly DnB or Dubstep but I'm really digging it. See what you guys think Fake Blood - Armin Van Helden "I want your soul" remixxxxxxx

BBS Signature
Robotussin
Robotussin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 7/28/09 01:01 PM, Fim wrote:
At 7/27/09 07:55 PM, Robotussin wrote: Any you bruvs like Lynx & Kemo?
Have heard of Lynx before, he did 'Disco Dodo' which is a solid tune. Never heard any Kemo before tho, are they Dnb aswell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL_Rh0KUf cg

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm tumblr

BBS Signature