00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Music production images!

33,909 Views | 351 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Music production images! 2009-11-23 20:41:23

At 11/23/09 08:26 PM, Bjra wrote: so, you ever let the cat play the keyboard?

I have a couple of casios that I let him have a go on, but he doesn't seem too interested :(

He prefers the upright piano.

Response to Music production images! 2009-11-23 23:38:56

At 11/23/09 07:41 AM, Mich wrote: jarrydn, I think you have a very nice pussy. :3
And a sweet synth setup too ;)

Here's mine as it is now =) Some Dj controllers can also be used with FL, like this one, as it works with midi.

I have the same floor tiles in my bathroom! :O

Response to Music production images! 2009-11-24 02:07:28

This is the extended mix of post doctor pepper I made look all cool just for you. Those wave forms are keyboard inserts. I am going to submit it right after I am done here.

Music production images!

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Music production images! 2009-11-24 08:04:32

here's my screenshot!

and here's a higher res version:

http://creativerank.com/stuff/screenshot .jpg

Music production images!

BBS Signature

Response to Music production images! 2009-12-14 17:27:06

wow my ears are fucked, i was working on a project that i thought sounded perfect, rendered it down and it came out with average EQ levels of the one on the left, had to fix into the one on the right. smiley eq much.

Music production images!

Response to Music production images! 2009-12-15 12:19:05

I am usually pretty minimalistic with my mixing

MAINLY BECAUSE IT FUCKING LAGGSS

(p4 2.4 ghz FTW (1337))

kyee

Music production images!

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-13 19:12:41

Well... since the newer screen shot thread died.... may as well post one of mine here!
Btw: its still young so its pretty minimalistic compared to a lot of the other ones on this thread....even then, some of them are HUGE!

Music production images!

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-13 19:41:43

At 11/21/09 11:47 PM, PenguinSam wrote: Hahaha, people are going to look at this and likey say something like,

"WTF? What program is he using?"

<PS>

Heeeeey, a man after my own heart, for sure.

Music production images!

Don't mind me, I'm just some lingerer with a dry sense of humor and a big stick.

Check out my about.me profile - it's a work in progress

BBS Signature

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-13 20:05:16

here's a picture of my setup (just took this photo yesterday)

Music production images!

BBS Signature

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-13 21:43:18

Heres a picture of my setup also ( forgot to post it earlier)....

Music production images!

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-13 22:24:09

Ok get ready to be blown away.... my setup totaly ownsez yours

Music production images!

BBS Signature

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-13 22:52:29

My everything-room / nerd base and latest project (a Castlevania 2 - Dwelling of Doom cover).

Music production images!

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-14 09:13:31

At 11/13/10 08:05 PM, TranceCrafter wrote: here's a picture of my setup (just took this photo yesterday)

Where did you get that nice little laptop stand to make it slanted like that? Did you build it?

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-14 12:15:29

Remixing a few songs.

Music production images!

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-15 08:22:02

At 10/5/08 06:34 PM, xKore wrote: my latest song...

No wonder your stuff sounds so good, soo many automations :)

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-15 08:24:15

At 10/3/09 12:49 PM, boney-man wrote: Yay. This is my "studio" with Substitute up on FL.

I'm aware my speakers are on different levels... I've been meaning to extend that shelf so I can put the left speaker on it.

zomg, 2 screens would make my life using FL9 way easier! Never thought of doing that. I hate flicking between each window.

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-17 02:35:27

Set up all my acoustic panels today, you cant see all of them, they are on the ceiling above the mix desk, and on the back walls as well. I got 64 absorber/diffusers (1'x1') and 4 bass traps. FUN STUFF

Music production images!

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-17 09:58:40

At 11/17/10 02:35 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Set up all my acoustic panels today, you cant see all of them, they are on the ceiling above the mix desk, and on the back walls as well. I got 64 absorber/diffusers (1'x1') and 4 bass traps. FUN STUFF

You need to get those speakers up higher, and put broadband absorbers (from the floor to the ceiling) in as many corners as you can. I imagine that you've got a number of room modes happening there, and considering that you can't change the boxy nature of your room, your next best solution is to put in a HEAP of bass trapping. And not just bits of foam on the walls...those are fine for soaking up high frequencies, but if you're not installing some heavy duty dense shit (at least 4 inches thick, with a wooden frame), you're just going to throw your high/low balance off even more.

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-17 16:18:57

How much would your average decent setup cost? Computer + Monitors? For something that a good-average mix is possible on?

BBS Signature

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-17 18:03:10

At 11/17/10 09:58 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 11/17/10 02:35 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Set up all my acoustic panels today, you cant see all of them, they are on the ceiling above the mix desk, and on the back walls as well. I got 64 absorber/diffusers (1'x1') and 4 bass traps. FUN STUFF
You need to get those speakers up higher, and put broadband absorbers (from the floor to the ceiling) in as many corners as you can. I imagine that you've got a number of room modes happening there, and considering that you can't change the boxy nature of your room, your next best solution is to put in a HEAP of bass trapping. And not just bits of foam on the walls...those are fine for soaking up high frequencies, but if you're not installing some heavy duty dense shit (at least 4 inches thick, with a wooden frame), you're just going to throw your high/low balance off even more.

I have Mopads from Auralex coming, those should raise the tweeters on the monitors to ear level which is whats recommended and isolate them more from the desk. I have 4 bass traps, and with their placement their is a little bit more of the mid/high range being attenuated, but my monitors have a small bass rolloff on them from what I read about them so it seems to be really even actually.(BX5A's are the monitors). If I ever get more money to invest I'll be lining all the edges in the room, and filling the window well space and putting bass traps in every corner, as well as getting some thicker diffusers for the back ceiling, but bass traps are really expensive and I'm really broke so yea....but anyways thanks man thats some solid advice.

At 11/17/10 04:18 PM, SteakJohnson wrote: How much would your average decent setup cost? Computer + Monitors? For something that a good-average mix is possible on?

I'd say $900-$1200 for the computer and $150-$300 for monitors will give you a good set up

Response to Music production images! 2010-11-17 18:29:46

At 11/17/10 06:03 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: I have Mopads from Auralex coming, those should raise the tweeters on the monitors to ear level which is whats recommended and isolate them more from the desk. I have 4 bass traps, and with their placement their is a little bit more of the mid/high range being attenuated, but my monitors have a small bass rolloff on them from what I read about them so it seems to be really even actually.(BX5A's are the monitors). If I ever get more money to invest I'll be lining all the edges in the room, and filling the window well space and putting bass traps in every corner, as well as getting some thicker diffusers for the back ceiling, but bass traps are really expensive and I'm really broke so yea....but anyways thanks man thats some solid advice.

Yeah, foam pads for the speakers is a good idea. My room sounds like shit, and as far as I was concerned, untreatable. However, once I got those speakers on a couple of blocks of high density foam, it cleaned up the sound of my room dramatically. I have a feeling that the speakers were too acoustically coupled to my desk, causing it to resonate like a motherfucker.

Still have one or two nasty room modes...need to try and get a bass trap or two in there...fuck all space left though :[.

Also, if you're handy with a few basic tools, you can build wicked bass traps for pennies. Well, not pennies, but heaps cheap.

Response to Music production images! 2010-12-21 15:27:22

SBB's latest adventures in "ok fuck it I'm out of ideas so I'll just record the sound that leaks out of my headphones while I'm playing back the current version of the song and use that as a background layer in the song somehow"

Music production images!

Response to Music production images! 2010-12-21 15:53:43

At 11/23/09 03:56 AM, jarrydn wrote: YAY MY NEW KEYBOARD STAND ARRIVED TODAY!!!!! :D:D

caps

Zomg Jarrydn's a cat!

You're so cute! :O

Response to Music production images! 2010-12-21 16:15:00

this happens more then would like to admit....

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/16kyqhe.jpg[
/IMG]

Response to Music production images! 2010-12-21 17:38:18

At 12/21/10 04:15 PM, AccountableMasses wrote: this happens more then would like to admit....

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/16kyqhe.jpg[
/IMG]

I remade that pattern, and it sounds pretty awesome

New tune: Yag

Response to Music production images! 2010-12-21 20:33:29

this is how we do in low income housin

Music production images!

Response to Music production images! 2010-12-21 23:52:09

here's me working on my newest song

Music production images!

Response to Music production images! 2010-12-22 00:45:06

At 12/21/10 11:52 PM, JebbaL wrote: here's me working on my newest song

damn that setup must've cost you a pretty penny

BBS Signature

Response to Music production images! 2010-12-26 07:52:14

renoise on a netbook and milkytracker on a pocket pc

Music production images!

did u get it

Response to Music production images! 2010-12-26 07:54:39

is that part of an actual studio or just your home? well either case, itd be both. lol

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW