00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cupf1sh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Naked and Cold (2 part project)

1,965 Views | 27 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-26 18:36:35

OMG ITS ME NAKED! :O
AND COLD!

part one.

Part two will come next friday, why? because thats when I say it will damnit, Ive got to much other work.

Talk amongst yourselves, I'll give you a topic "drawing incorrect red lines over any figure study...ever..."

STATS:
Media; Graphite Pencils (F - 6B)
Pape ; Bristol Board (12 X 24 inches)
Time spent; 16 hours
Time actually spent working and not fucking around taking breaks; ~4 hours

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-26 18:38:24

FUCKING COCK GODAMN FORGETTING THE FUCKING GODAMN IMAGE!
son of a ...

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-26 19:40:00

Ooooooooh i love this.

I only use one type of pencil, and i have no idea what kind im using. I dont even remember.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-26 19:55:50

At 9/26/08 07:40 PM, Hammi wrote: Ooooooooh i love this.

I only use one type of pencil, and i have no idea what kind im using. I dont even remember.

Chances are its either a 2B or an HB

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-26 22:07:39

At 9/26/08 07:31 PM, fetusdoctor wrote: You forgot to draw in your giant p3n0r stretching across the page.
...gawd!! you ruined the surprise of part 2!! lol ;)

Excellent work!! Would have liked it more if you'd kept the ground shadow contained within the space, but that's just me. Looking forward to part two!! :D

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-26 22:09:48

I like how your buttcheecks flop like the jowls of a Saint benard.

nice render.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-26 23:02:37

At 9/26/08 10:07 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Excellent work!! Would have liked it more if you'd kept the ground shadow contained within the space, but that's just me. Looking forward to part two!! :D

Actually thats just in the pic, when I get a better camera I will retake the pic and you can see that the ground shadow actually ends an inch before the edge of the paper

At 9/26/08 10:09 PM, MindChamber wrote: I like how your buttcheecks flop like the jowls of a Saint benard.

nice render.

Ironically its the exact opposite, I have so little ass and its so bony that it goes straight from legs to lower back with nothing in between.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-26 23:49:46

haha! Brilliant, it's not very often that we get this sort of excellence on Newgrounds that isn't stolen. Great job, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Forum sig? Whats that.. 3D art thread, My art thread

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-27 04:25:23

At 9/26/08 10:09 PM, MindChamber wrote: I like how your buttcheecks flop like the jowls of a Saint benard.

nice render.

One of the best replies I've read for a while!

Anyway. it's an amazing picture.
At first I thought it was a photo post-editing :O very impressive.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-27 04:39:00

At 9/26/08 06:38 PM, ornery-scotsman wrote: FUCKING COCK GODAMN FORGETTING THE FUCKING GODAMN IMAGE!
son of a ...

real nice shaping, real nice shading.
who can ask for anything more?

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-27 06:47:52

Looking perfect. Wondering what part 2 could add to an already fine project.

BBS Signature

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-09-27 12:20:35

Get a load of Nicholas Ribcage over here.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-02 17:58:23

W.I.P for part 2.

But now its time for class, so more later... this thing should be done around 4 A.M. considering I had to restart cuz i put the thing on the wrong side of the damn paper.

Dont normaly do W.I.P shots, but just felt like throwing this one out so incase anyone who dosent know my abilities can get rid of that little twitch in the back of their head that thinks its stolen...
Also gives an idea of how i work.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-03 01:54:53

Done with part 2.

The point of the project was to two 2 similar portraits in 2 very different lighting situations. So part 1 is spotlit, and part 2 is ambient light.

Part deux, for yeux.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-03 02:10:11

what big feet you have!

if you don't have anything interesting to say, don't say anything at all

BBS Signature

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-03 02:25:23

At 10/3/08 02:10 AM, falz3333 wrote: what big feet you have!

Me or the girl?
And honestly, feet are much bigger than people think, same with hands. Your foot is actually about the same size as your forearm (dont belive me, check). One of the biggest mistakes that people make when drawing the human figure is that the feet and hands are always way to small.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-03 03:18:25

Who took the reference pic...?

bloody nice work

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-03 03:41:02

At 10/3/08 03:18 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Who took the reference pic...?

She took the one of me, I took the one of her. I composed both shots, lighting and poses though.

The reference photos were such utter shit though that they are nothing more than a rough guideline for the final piece, which is acutally how i like them.

The way I see it, if you are going to work from a photo, and the photo itself is a work of art, then why bother making a drawing of it. To me the drawing needs to either improve upon the photo, or add an element that a photo couldnt capture. In this case the lighting and the omition of tons of the ambient and backround crap (and because i used the same camera as the one im taking pics of the pieces with, the clarity and image quality) are what the drawing "added" to the composition. I normaly work from life when I draw figures, but the way that I wanted these it just wasnt possible.

When i get a better camera I will update the shots of the finished pieces, because the piece of shit im currently using rapes them, especially the second one. You should have seen them before I corrected the quality in photoshop, so blurry and washed out that it was just a grey blob.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-03 06:14:32

At 10/3/08 01:54 AM, ornery-scotsman wrote: Part deux, for yeux.

Woah.

She truly has the longest left leg, proportionally, that I've ever seen.

Long AND thin.

Lanky to the max.

But only in one leg.

Though the other leg kinda looks like it's fatter at the knee than it is at the thigh.

Also, her foot looks weird. And it seems to be bending the complete wrong direction, but I dunno. Either that or her leg is supposed to be twisting in some weird, inhumanly way.

Man, it's like looking at an optical illusion, or something.

And her elbow is growing an arse.

Other than that, good.

Also, that seems over critical of me.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-03 15:53:41

At 10/3/08 06:14 AM, Kuro wrote:
At 10/3/08 01:54 AM, ornery-scotsman wrote:
She truly has the longest left leg, proportionally, that I've ever seen.

yeah, i goofed a bit on that

Long AND thin.

But her legs are long in reality, although not quite that long

But only in one leg.

The other one is actually a bit lengthy as well.

Though the other leg kinda looks like it's fatter at the knee than it is at the thigh.

Thats cuz the calf muscle is blocking the thigh, and the knee is tilted slightly towards the viewer

Also, her foot looks weird. And it seems to be bending the complete wrong direction, but I dunno. Nah the foot was another big goof, didnt spend much time getting the angle on it or its size correct. I tend to do the same thing with hands if you notice the wrist is actually non exsistant
And her elbow is growing an arse.

do this, put your elbow in a similar position, now light it similarly.... yeah

Also, that seems over critical of me.

No, all things i noticed myself while drawing it (hell before i fixed it she originally had what appeared to be two elbows), and its nice to know im not the only one who noticed these things. Means some people are paying attention out there.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-03 23:52:57

Wow! That pose must have been both difficult to draw and hold! From the angle you're drawing from... well, it looks like she's almost literally thin as a rake. considering how I can see that right elbow sticking out below the right knee, it means that she's twisted in an awefully uncomfortable way, not to mention you must have been itching to add in some extra body around that part because of the twisting... I think most of the issues have been noticed by the others, although around the upper calf areas, where they cross over, they both look really flat like, so that it looks like they basically have no volume, I she's thin as paper there... Heck of an uncomfortable position...
I commend both of you, one for a nasty angle and pose to draw and one for a nasty pose to hold for however short it was!

Forum sig? Whats that.. 3D art thread, My art thread

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-04 00:37:05

I believe he said Reference Photo somewhere in there

Not much of a fan of realism....I actually just threw away a lot of my life drawing pictures :P I think they're more of a "work" thing, and when I step out of the classroom I get to play!

Though I do love the act of drawing the figure, especially with models. I just don't care for the images themselves. Nice WORK tho

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-04 12:55:03

At 10/3/08 11:52 PM, Krayon wrote: Wow! That pose must have been both difficult to draw and hold! From the angle you're drawing from... well, it looks like she's almost literally thin as a rake. considering how I can see that right elbow sticking out below the right knee, it means that she's twisted in an awefully uncomfortable way, not to mention you must have been itching to add in some extra body around that part because of the twisting.

Well she is actually thin, and he did mention that she wasnt completly comfortable because its not a position she would normaly ever be in, but she is flexable so it didnt matter for the 2 minutes she had to pose for pictures.

I think most of the issues have been noticed by the others, although around the upper calf areas, where they cross over, they both look really flat like, so that it looks like they basically have no volume

I think the flatness might be more attributed to the lighting in the room than how she is or even how i drew her. Thats the problem with ambient light, it often dosent allow for the minimum 3 shade gradation nescary to show a round 3D shape.

I commend both of you, one for a nasty angle and pose to draw and one for a nasty pose to hold for however short it was!

Well thats the advantage of taking refernce pics (which i take about 10 or so of the pose and use bit and pieces from each) you can get much more elaborate poses because the model (in this case my girlfriend) dosent have to hold it for very long. What would normaly be just a gesture sketch pose can now be a fully observed drawing.

At 10/4/08 12:37 AM, Savory wrote: Not much of a fan of realism....I actually just threw away a lot of my life drawing pictures :P I think they're more of a "work" thing, and when I step out of the classroom I get to play!

Im not a fan of painting or abstract stuff, but i would never throw any of my work away, no matter how bad or much i didnt like it, becuase you never know when you will want/need it (hell paintings on canvas can just be gessoed over and used again.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-04 19:03:55

Your shading/lighting is so good that I honestly didn't know that it was drawn with a pencil until I read your post. They look like they were taken with a camera. Great job!

f

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-05 01:29:33

Im not a fan of painting or abstract stuff, but i would never throw any of my work away, no matter how : bad or much i didnt like it, becuase you never know when you will want/need it (hell paintings on : canvas can just be gessoed over and used again.

Awwww how can you not like color? For the other one, I never really dwell on anything I've created before. I'd rather not create it again, ever. So I just burn it, sell it, toss it, or post it on deviantart (same thing) If worst comes to worst I can buy another sheet of paper and do it again :P

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-05 15:15:11

At 10/5/08 01:29 AM, Savory wrote: Awwww how can you not like color? For the other one, I never really dwell on anything I've created before. I'd rather not create it again, ever. So I just burn it, sell it, toss it, or post it on deviantart (same thing) If worst comes to worst I can buy another sheet of paper and do it again :P

Never said i didnt like color. Just said I dont like abstract. And I keep my stuff because I like to look back and see how ive progressed (or gotten worse) and what ive been doing differently. Also its funny to see how i used to draw compared to how I do now. I very rarely look back and think "hey im gonna remake this, or one just like it" but I do sometimes look back and think "what the hell was I thinking" or "how did I do that?" and there have been occasions where I have had older pieces lying around that I've been able to use for assingments in classes I dont care much for.

Response to Naked and Cold (2 part project) 2008-10-05 18:14:14

You did say you didn't like painting....which for me anyway goes hand in hand with adding in color. Ehh I like knowing why people do stuff, thanks for telling