00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Morpheon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GameCube Club

218,379 Views | 7,148 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-07 11:37:42

At 1/6/05 10:06 PM, -King_Nothing- wrote: 36' Top-of-the-line Sony (with surround sound). I've got a pimpin TV.

Damn you. That's the size of the widescreen downstairs, more or less... maybe a couple of inches bigger than mine... but my parents would never let me put my gamecube down there.
But sometimes having too big a TV takes the fun out of it... friends of the family that moved to America (Reno, Nevada) have a 55 inch widescreen with surround sound. It's great for watching TV on, but we were playing on his PS2, and you were shuffling back from the TV so you could actually see what was happening, as opposed to crowding round a tiny TV...

I suppose mine's about 35 cm, no idea how much that is in inches. It's quite small, kind of ruins some of the cutscenes for me.

Yeah. My old TV was a right bitch in 4 player.

I'd estimate about 10 inches, since from my memory there are about 3 cm in 1 inch.

It's 14 inches. Like my old TV. 2.5cm = 1 inch.

Apparently mine's 20.4 inches.... Which is good enough for me. Sure, it's no behemoth, but I can see what's happening which is more than perfect.

BBS Signature

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-07 12:42:19

So many people are far in MP2. I have just finished returning the energy of the first temple, not far I know, but then Paper Mario 2 came along and stole me away from Miss Aran with it's buetiful origional charms. I'll return to Prime2 when I have completed Paper Mario 2, which won't be long seeing as I'm in the Last Chapter.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-07 13:13:10

What is your new years resselution? This is the year I fix everything electronical thats brocken in my house! Espesaly my NGC!!!

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-07 14:52:51

I am sorry that I could not be here too often. Actually, I am busy playing Paper Mario: TTYD, my next addictive game. So, I may not work on something else, because I may be playing that game. Of course, I still have my job. Well, I am off to... well, you know, lol!

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 01:57:40

At 1/7/05 05:24 AM, Swive wrote: Paper Mario 2 is one hell of a game. However, you should consider picking up Mario Tennis as soon as you can. I just came back from playing it. I meant to play it for an hour, but the hour turned into 2 hours which finally turned into 4 hours. Blah.

Ha ha, I'll see what I can do. I don't have much money, but I tend to save cash somehow. I'll check it out.

I bought my GC for only $40 (Canadian) cause I was trading in a bunch of PS2 games. I got $100 or something, I can't remember. Anyways, I got the Gamecube for $100 off, which kicks ass cause... I dunno, it just kicks ass. Ha ha.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 03:08:49

At 1/6/05 04:39 PM, Metal-Chuy wrote: Baten kaitos...well, the story was full of turns and twists

You're telling me, Queen of Wazn. Melodia...and then Geldoblame comes back at you...

and some really cool moments along the way.

Kalas with full white wings was a nice sight.

You, the gamer,

*Cough* Guardian Spirit.

really play a roll in it. That game got me. Simply amazing....

It would have been amazing...if it had ANY CG cut scenes.

on the downside, the ending was ok... I was expecting a CG movie.... but that did not happen.

After the first disc I gave up my hopes.

I’m still working on completing the 1022 Magnus cards. I Should be done by the end of this week.

Ha, with all those secret ingrediants. Seems pretty challenging.

That was a golden moment.

How true.

Oh... by the way. Have you gotten to the part where Melodia gets her period!?!?!?!

No, because your choices you made as a Guardian Spirit effected you to witness that. And the opposite for me.

That was odd and really unexpected. I was laughing and wondering a lot of stuff when I watched that cut scene

CG Cut scene...or are you just pulling my leg....

… Meh… Me = sick of mind.

Heh...you wouldn't be the only one.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 03:58:19

At 1/7/05 12:42 PM, -PaperLuigi- wrote: So many people are far in MP2. I have just finished returning the energy of the first temple,

Ah, good. Amorbis can be a pain if you don't know what you have to do, but if you figure it out, it's pretty straight forward, am I correct? I had to figure it out on my own, so I was about...oh half health when if finally went down.

not far I know

Mm....

but then Paper Mario 2 came along and stole me away from Miss Aran with it's buetiful origional charms.

Interesting, since she wasn't THAT charming in the original, if that's what you mean (since she was just a pixilated thing in a space suit).

I'll return to Prime2 when I have completed Paper Mario 2, which won't be long seeing as I'm in the Last Chapter.

Chapter 8? One bitch of a chapter. Hopefully this doesn't spoil anything for you, but there are a total of 5 bosses.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 11:02:42

At 1/7/05 11:37 AM, BananaBread-Muffin wrote: Yeah. My old TV was a right bitch in 4 player.

Mine is aswell. But luckily, I usually get to use the big TV in our house when I want to play 4-player games.

At 1/7/05 12:42 PM, -PaperLuigi- wrote: So many people are far in MP2.

Not me, I don't own it :(

I have just finished returning the energy of the first temple, not far I know, but then Paper Mario 2 came along and stole me away from Miss Aran with it's buetiful origional charms. I'll return to Prime2 when I have completed Paper Mario 2, which won't be long seeing as I'm in the Last Chapter.

I've been at the last chapter for ages :(
I really need to hurry up and finish it....

At 1/7/05 01:13 PM, DarknessRules wrote: What is your new years resselution? This is the year I fix everything electronical thats brocken in my house! Espesaly my NGC!!!

I have none.

At 1/8/05 01:57 AM, -StimulatedHigh- wrote: I bought my GC for only $40 (Canadian) cause I was trading in a bunch of PS2 games. I got $100 or something, I can't remember. Anyways, I got the Gamecube for $100 off, which kicks ass cause... I dunno, it just kicks ass. Ha ha.

I got mine for $50 dollars off, but I got a lot of free stuff with it.

At 1/8/05 03:58 AM, -King_Nothing- wrote: Interesting, since she wasn't THAT charming in the original, if that's what you mean (since she was just a pixilated thing in a space suit).

So, uh, where's the part where she's not charming?

Chapter 8? One bitch of a chapter. Hopefully this doesn't spoil anything for you, but there are a total of 5 bosses.

Yeah, that I've heard. What level were you when you beat it? I think I'm a bit underlevelled, not sure.

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 12:48:55

Guess what I bought today.

Hint 1 - Three Items
Hint 2 - Came to £90 approx.
Hint 3 - One of the items begins with M, P, 2, and E.
Hint 4 - One of the items has an awesome menu not dissimilar to the band Muse's website.
Hint 4 - One of the items needs batteries, but not wires.
Hint 5 - One of the items holds 2034 more files than yo mom.
Hint 6 - Beyond good and evil and Harvest Moon are going to have to live with being kept in the same [ITEM].

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 13:51:49

At 1/8/05 12:48 PM, Hypocrite wrote: Guess what I bought today.

Hint 1 - Three Items
Hint 2 - Came to £90 approx.
Hint 3 - One of the items begins with M, P, 2, and E.
Hint 4 - One of the items has an awesome menu not dissimilar to the band Muse's website.
Hint 4 - One of the items needs batteries, but not wires.
Hint 5 - One of the items holds 2034 more files than yo mom.
Hint 6 - Beyond good and evil and Harvest Moon are going to have to live with being kept in the same [ITEM].

-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
-A Wavebird(I could say 'vibrator', but that would be too easy, wouldn't it?)
-And a Memory Card.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 15:35:22

At 1/8/05 01:51 PM, -Mazza- wrote: -A Wavebird(I could say 'vibrator', but that would be too easy, wouldn't it?)

A Wavebird wireless gamecube controller? You sick perverted bastard!

<3

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 16:00:52

At 1/8/05 11:02 AM, -Mazza- wrote:
Mine is aswell. But luckily, I usually get to use the big TV in our house when I want to play 4-player games.

the TV in my room is a flatscreen, and is bigger than the one from my parents. ;)

Not me, I don't own it :(

the only gamecube game i REALY want that is out NOW....

i still have 7 other games to finish! =0

I have none.

me = looking for a job.
me= sad.

I got mine for $50 dollars off, but I got a lot of free stuff with it.

i got mine from day one, from the first 10 minets the shop opend...i had to pay the full prise.(not as much like the PS2 and Xbox)

well, in metroid on NES, she had GREEN hair.

Yeah, that I've heard. What level were you when you beat it? I think I'm a bit underlevelled, not sure.

5 BOSSES?! i love boss fights, but that is a bit to hard...
...oh wait, in a normal megaman game there are AT LEAST 10 final bosses at the end, first 8 robot masters/mavriks and than wily/sigma with 2 forms AT LEAST.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 16:09:38

At 1/8/05 03:35 PM, Hypocrite wrote: A Wavebird wireless gamecube controller? You sick perverted bastard!

Yeah. I have such a dirty mind.

<3

<3

At 1/8/05 04:00 PM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: the TV in my room is a flatscreen, and is bigger than the one from my parents. ;)

I don't think a TV like that would fit in my room. In fact, I'm sure it wouldn't.

My room was made for dwarves :(

i still have 7 other games to finish! =0

Yeah, I also have about 7 games to finish.

well, in metroid on NES, she had GREEN hair.

Again.
How is that not charming?

5 BOSSES?! i love boss fights, but that is a bit to hard...
...oh wait, in a normal megaman game there are AT LEAST 10 final bosses at the end, first 8 robot masters/mavriks and than wily/sigma with 2 forms AT LEAST.

Not after each other, of course. I heard there was one halfway through the dungeon, then a little later another one, then two after each other, and then a little later the final boss in two forms.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 16:27:28

damn, i just got shadow the summon spirit in ToS and i have no idea what to do now...help plz : (

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 16:55:50

At 1/8/05 04:27 PM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: damn, i just got shadow the summon spirit in ToS and i have no idea what to do now...help plz : (

That dungeon sucks the big one.
But anyways, after getting Shadow, you're supposed to go find Aska, who is the second Summon Spirit of Light. To do this, talk to Professor Nova in his caravan, you might have already visited this. He should be near Hakonesia Peak right now. You get a Linkite nut and such from him and his children, and some clues. Those clues should lead you to the mountains near Triet Desert, where a withering tree stands. Examine it, and go back to the caravan. After a scene, head back to the tree, and Aska will appear. Now, head to the Tower of Mana, defeat Aska and Luna, watch your first anime cutscene, and conclude Disc 1.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 17:06:24

so i'm THAT close to the ending of disc one?
cool!
will there be somthing REALY difrent after disc one?

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 17:20:06

At 1/8/05 05:06 PM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: so i'm THAT close to the ending of disc one?
cool!
will there be somthing REALY difrent after disc one?

Oh yes. No more 'do six of these dungeons and beat the boss' quests, but more of an actual story.

Also, did you defeat Sylph and Efreet yet? Because you have to do them before Luna and Aska. Sylph is in the Balacruf Mausoleum and Efreet in the Triet Ruins.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 17:27:14

At 1/8/05 05:20 PM, -Mazza- wrote:
Oh yes. No more 'do six of these dungeons and beat the boss' quests, but more of an actual story.

YAY! finaly...i was geting sick of that...

Also, did you defeat Sylph and Efreet yet? Because you have to do them before Luna and Aska. Sylph is in the Balacruf Mausoleum and Efreet in the Triet Ruins.

i have them all apart from luna and aska.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-08 18:24:08

I really want Four sword for the gamecube... it sounds orgasmic. Waiting till your friend kills the boss then taking all the force gems. But I don't have any gamecube GBA link cables.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-09 00:36:07

I need more GC games. Alot more.

Ha ha, it's great, one of the guys that works at EB Games, he's not too bright. He said I could get a GC with Metroid Prime instead of a normal GC. I bet I could've gotten it if he didn't need help. Ha ha.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-09 07:11:31

At 1/9/05 12:36 AM, -StimulatedHigh- wrote: I need more GC games. Alot more.

if you live in america, buy Resident evil 4 in 2 days...
i have to wait a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time before i can play it...

Ha ha, it's great, one of the guys that works at EB Games, he's not too bright. He said I could get a GC with Metroid Prime instead of a normal GC. I bet I could've gotten it if he didn't need help. Ha ha.

well, normaly you get a game with consoles, but that is not with the new age consoles! you can exploit it on that way. >=)

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-09 09:01:19

Get Zelda Four sword, Metroid prime 2, and Paper Mario 2. NOW.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-09 12:16:03

Metroid Prime 2 Multiplayer > you.

It's amazing.... running around and doing shit.... wow, shit.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-09 15:41:12

At 1/9/05 12:16 PM, Hypocrite wrote: Metroid Prime 2 Multiplayer > you.

Obviously you have never played a good multiplayer game.

What types of games do you enjoy playing?

Anyways, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario, NFL Street 2, NFSU 2, Metroid Prime 2, Prince of Persia, etc are all decent games.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-10 00:23:15

At 1/6/05 10:06 PM, -King_Nothing- wrote: Don't forget Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia

Oh yes, I noted that.

Lust? I hope you mean cravings.

That word works as well

:: Well, since I haven't beaten the game yet, don't spoil it for me. I'm assuming she at least takes her helmet off.

Way more than that! The whole armor goes off.

Welcome back, Chuy. I was wondering where you went off to.

Thanks! I am ready for school now

At 1/8/05 03:08 AM, -Cyber_Dragon- wrote: Ha, with all those secret ingrediants. Seems pretty challenging.

Indeed. Mission failed. I did not complete everthing : (

CG Cut scene...or are you just pulling my leg....
Heh...you wouldn't be the only one.

By cut scene I mean a spoken dialogue. I can’t believe you missed it. hhmm...maybe someone just pressed "A" without listening to what the characters said >: )

At 1/8/05 04:09 PM, -Mazza- wrote:
Yeah. I have such a dirty mind.

Wait, Im confused. Your wavebird has a vibrato/rumble feature? I must own one of those...for gaming purposes....of course....

<3
<3

<3 (less than three)

At 1/8/05 06:24 PM, Hypocrite wrote: I really want Four sword for the gamecube... it sounds orgasmic. Waiting till your friend kills the boss then taking all the force gems. But I don't have any gamecube GBA link cables.

That game owns if you have all the hardware required. Let me tell you, it is as good as Super Smash Brothers Melee. Last time I played, people from the apartment one floor below came to hush us.

At 1/9/05 03:41 PM, Swive wrote:

Hey, MP2's multiplayer is pretty descent. If the people who is playing knows how to that is. Seriously, play against someone that does not know how the controls work, the multiplayer will be boring. But if you play against 3 other friends that have finished the first metroid, you will have a blast.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-10 01:32:18

At 1/9/05 07:11 AM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: if you live in america, buy Resident evil 4 in 2 days...
i have to wait a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time before i can play it...

I'll, at the very leasty, rent it.

well, normaly you get a game with consoles, but that is not with the new age consoles! you can exploit it on that way. >=)

Oh, uh, I traded in a bunch of games, and I could buy a gamecube for $100. The GCs with games aren't qualified for that, but the guy working there thought they were. If he didn't get the manager for help cause he wasn't sure what to do, I'm sure I could've gotten the metroid prime GC. :)

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-10 01:35:17

At 1/9/05 03:41 PM, Swive wrote: What types of games do you enjoy playing?

Anyways, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario, NFL Street 2, NFSU 2, Metroid Prime 2, Prince of Persia, etc are all decent games.

I already own NFSU2 on my PS2. So what's the point of getting it on GC? Ha ha. I usually enjoy most Mario games, but Warios World sucked ass, my sister rented it. I hate that game. Hmm... lemme think... I like FPS? I can't really think, I pretty much just woke up, my brain is still asleep.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-10 03:16:14

At 1/10/05 12:23 AM, Metal-Chuy wrote:
At 1/8/05 04:09 PM, -Mazza- wrote: At 1/9/05 03:41 PM, Swive wrote:

Shouts needless profanities at Swive, on the sole grounds that YOU ARE WRONG. It's not the best multiplayer ever, but it's damned good. And it's better than you.

Hey, MP2's multiplayer is pretty descent. If the people who is playing knows how to that is. Seriously, play against someone that does not know how the controls work, the multiplayer will be boring. But if you play against 3 other friends that have finished the first metroid, you will have a blast.

Yeah, luckily my friend who came round yesterday had played MP1 a lot at his best friends.... it took him a few deaths to get used to having to lock on to shoot, but then he was killing me as much as I was him. Except in the level with the turret, because I got there first and blew out all the gratings to the dark acid, which he failed to notice. >:)

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-10 10:53:12

At 1/8/05 06:24 PM, Hypocrite wrote: I really want Four sword for the gamecube... it sounds orgasmic. Waiting till your friend kills the boss then taking all the force gems. But I don't have any gamecube GBA link cables.

Yeah, I'd like to get that game too, it looks really good. Unfortunately, multiplayer will be virtually impossible for me, since I don't have a GBA. I do have a link cable, it came with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
Controllers would have worked for both those games, though. Except for the houses.

At 1/10/05 12:23 AM, Metal-Chuy wrote: Way more than that! The whole armor goes off.

*Hopes that more will come off*

Thanks! I am ready for school now

My school started today :(
First days of school suck. I hardly got out of bed.

Wait, Im confused. Your wavebird has a vibrato/rumble feature? I must own one of those...for gaming purposes....of course....

Naturally.
Nah, my wavebird doesn't have a rumble feature, they don't make those.
YET.

<3
<3
<3 (less than three)

>3
I win.

That game owns if you have all the hardware required. Let me tell you, it is as good as Super Smash Brothers Melee. Last time I played, people from the apartment one floor below came to hush us.

Never happened to me. Of course, my neighbours are partially deaf, and I don't live in an appartment.

At 1/10/05 01:35 AM, -StimulatedHigh- wrote: I already own NFSU2 on my PS2. So what's the point of getting it on GC? Ha ha. I usually enjoy most Mario games, but Warios World sucked ass, my sister rented it. I hate that game. Hmm... lemme think... I like FPS? I can't really think, I pretty much just woke up, my brain is still asleep.

FPS? Get Timesplitters 2, if you can get your hands on it.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-10 11:07:55

At 1/10/05 10:53 AM, -Mazza- wrote:
Yeah, I'd like to get that game too, it looks really good. Unfortunately, multiplayer will be virtually impossible for me, since I don't have a GBA. I do have a link cable, it came with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

me = GBA, GBASP and gameboy player...ho wnats to play with me! =D
.............plz?

Controllers would have worked for both those games, though. Except for the houses.

and status bords...and item switching...and characters not wanting to fight with you and take on a monster outside the screen...and....

*Hopes that more will come off*

....the mustache?

My school started today :(
First days of school suck. I hardly got out of bed.

i did not sleep...becuse my brother was still running the house for HOURS.
*punshes face in*

Naturally.

belgium has special items, like memory cards with infinet memory and gamecube dressing sets.
i got the pink bikini string set =D

Nah, my wavebird doesn't have a rumble feature, they don't make those.

that is silly.

YET.

sense.

Never happened to me. Of course, my neighbours are partially deaf, and I don't live in an appartment.

*makes fun of people living in appartments*

FPS? Get Timesplitters 2, if you can get your hands on it.

on GC, PS2 or Xbox?