00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club

561,635 Views | 8,189 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-23 20:33:04

At 8/23/12 07:50 PM, Painbringer wrote: You know what I realized?

You guys seem to want gays to conform to the same social standards as set by the straight majority. Right?

Individualism cannot exist if everyone has to conform.

No, we just don't want people to be arrogant, have annoying voices and sleep around a lot. This applies to the straight community as well as the non-straight community. WHOAH, we're using the same social standards of the straight people to assess gay people, isn't that weird? It's like...THEY ARE EQUALS!

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-23 22:13:31

At 8/23/12 08:33 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: It's like...THEY ARE EQUALS!

Except your definition of equality is uniformity.

Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-23 22:34:51

At 8/23/12 10:13 PM, Painbringer wrote: Except your definition of equality is uniformity.

Equality is not shoving your beliefs down everyone else's throat. If someone isn't comfortable with the idea of homosexuality, but doesn't hate gay people, they will still be labeled as a homophobe. Fucking ridiculous.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-23 23:33:44

At 8/23/12 10:34 PM, Scarface wrote: Equality is not shoving your beliefs down everyone else's throat.

Does that include not speaking (about personal opinions) unless spoken to?

If someone isn't comfortable with the idea of homosexuality, but doesn't hate gay people, they will still be labeled as a homophobe. Fucking ridiculous.

I guess that isn't fair.

Also, real homophobia probably originated in the '50s and '60s when Hollywood, by code, were making gay and lesbian characters as psychotic villains who have to die in the end.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-24 00:03:33

At 8/23/12 10:13 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 8/23/12 08:33 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: It's like...THEY ARE EQUALS!
Except your definition of equality is uniformity.

If not being arrogant (pretty much lacking respect of other people), sleeping around a lot (promiscuous behaviour) and having an annoying voice (I don't have an excuse for this) are the only diversity you recognise then I worry for you.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-24 00:30:04

At 8/24/12 12:03 AM, Lost-Chances wrote: If not being arrogant (pretty much lacking respect of other people), sleeping around a lot (promiscuous behaviour) and having an annoying voice (I don't have an excuse for this) are the only diversity you recognise then I worry for you.

Those are just a few facets of the big diverse gay jewel. And diversity does include everyone.

And so what if I pick favorites? All humans do - You don't have to like someone just to respect them.

I have much respect for you guys, and your opinions, even though I may not always agree with them, or like you at times.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-24 14:18:21

At 8/24/12 08:34 AM, Light wrote: It's been a while since I told my oldest sister that I'm bisexual. Now, she's slightly pressuring me to tell my other older sister.

Well, you've already told one. So I see no harm in telling the other - Especially if you think she'll be more okay with it.

And hey, welcome back.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-24 15:52:29

At 8/23/12 11:33 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 8/23/12 10:34 PM, Scarface wrote: Equality is not shoving your beliefs down everyone else's throat.
Does that include not speaking (about personal opinions) unless spoken to?

There's a difference between being gay and shouting "WE'RE HERE! WE'RE QUEER! GET USED TO IT!"

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-24 17:51:25

At 8/24/12 03:52 PM, Scarface wrote: There's a difference between being gay and shouting "WE'RE HERE! WE'RE QUEER! GET USED TO IT!"

That's a sentiment carried over from the gay riot days of the '60s and '70s.

But hey, at least the 21st century Pride parades are less about that and more of dancing and having fun - Kinda like a children's parade, but for adults.

I still would like to go to one, someday.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-24 23:16:26

At 8/24/12 10:55 PM, Addict wrote: p.s. - i have nothing against gays and this is merely a question for gay people.

I can tell you're trolling. But I do know for certain I was never molested as a child.

That and I "woke up" at a very very young age - As far back as I can remember.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-24 23:33:30

At 8/24/12 10:55 PM, Addict wrote: Do homosexuals or "gay people" turn homosexual or have a homosexual sex life because they were molested as children and it traumatized their look on the human body and damaged them while exploring their own sexuality?

This can happen sometimes, but it is in the minority of homosexuals.

Or did they just wake up one morning and decide they are attracted to the same sex?

This is an even smaller minority, on that I would imagine for the most part occurs on a sub-conscious scale.

Most often people just realize as they age that they like the same sex as opposed to the opposite sex.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-25 00:09:29

At 8/24/12 11:33 PM, Scarface wrote: This can happen sometimes, but it is in the minority of homosexuals.
This is an even smaller minority, on that I would imagine for the most part occurs on a sub-conscious scale.

So wait, you're acknowledging that homosexuality can be either a choice, or product of molestation? These are the kind of misconceptions that gays everywhere are constantly fighting against.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-25 02:37:10

At 8/25/12 01:37 AM, Light wrote: And they say that gay animals don't exist.

I know they exist.

But my granny thinks they're nothing more than trained pets or something.

The most important thing about gay animals is they prove that homosexuality is natural, and not just some choice.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-25 10:08:07

At 8/25/12 12:09 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 8/24/12 11:33 PM, Scarface wrote: This can happen sometimes, but it is in the minority of homosexuals.
So wait, you're acknowledging that homosexuality can be either a choice, or product of molestation?

They can be, yes. I would think that (as I stated earlier) it's an incredibly small majority, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-25 14:59:13

At 8/25/12 02:37 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 8/25/12 01:37 AM, Light wrote: And they say that gay animals don't exist.
I know they exist.

But my granny thinks they're nothing more than trained pets or something.

The most important thing about gay animals is they prove that homosexuality is natural, and not just some choice.

Who the fuck trains mallard ducks?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-25 15:56:00

At 8/25/12 10:08 AM, Scarface wrote: They can be, yes. I would think that (as I stated earlier) it's an incredibly small majority, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Small majority??? You must really be tired.

Anyway...

When I first came out to my family, my mom asked me if I was molested as a child. Obviously not, but it is a bit unsettling.

Also, I just don't believe that a straight kid can just turn gay by being molested - Probably not even a bi kid even.

And where do you even get your information from anyway? Just curious.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-25 21:00:38

At 8/25/12 02:59 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: Who the fuck trains mallard ducks?

Fine. Got any other of my hobbies that you want to shit all over?

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-26 00:50:13

At 8/25/12 09:00 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
At 8/25/12 02:59 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: Who the fuck trains mallard ducks?
Fine. Got any other of my hobbies that you want to shit all over?

Scat fetishes are also shit, they're just self-deficating for everyone involved.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-26 03:12:24

At 8/25/12 03:56 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 8/25/12 10:08 AM, Scarface wrote: They can be, yes. I would think that (as I stated earlier) it's an incredibly small majority, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Small majority??? You must really be tired.

Minority, you know what I meant.

When I first came out to my family, my mom asked me if I was molested as a child. Obviously not, but it is a bit unsettling.

Same. I was also not molested, but it felt weird being asked.

Also, I just don't believe that a straight kid can just turn gay by being molested - Probably not even a bi kid even.

If you're young and uncertain about your sexuality, or haven't even thought about it, it can fuck with your mind.

And where do you even get your information from anyway? Just curious.

It has happened before. I'm not saying that's the only way, or even a common way, for people to be gay, but being molested at a young age can traumatize you and alter everything about the way you think about sex forever.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 21:24:38

At 8/26/12 03:12 AM, Scarface wrote: If you're young and uncertain about your sexuality, or haven't even thought about it, it can fuck with your mind.

Fuck with your mind? Yes. Alter your hard-wired sexuality? I don't think so.

It has happened before.

Where are your facts?

I'm not saying that's the only way, or even a common way, for people to be gay, but being molested at a young age can traumatize you and alter everything about the way you think about sex forever.

It might make people asexual, or depraved, but I just don't think it can change the team people play for.

Also, I was too lazy to reply before.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 21:40:57

At 8/27/12 09:24 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 8/26/12 03:12 AM, Scarface wrote: If you're young and uncertain about your sexuality, or haven't even thought about it, it can fuck with your mind.
Fuck with your mind? Yes. Alter your hard-wired sexuality? I don't think so.

It can make you more inclined to have sex with the same gender rather than the opposite gender based on your experiences. Am I saying there is a gay gene that will be chemically altered? No, I don't even know if there is a gay gene, but a life-altering experience can change a lot of things, including sex. People don't all operate the same way. Even if you have sex with a certain gender, there's still race, personality type, frequency of sex, intensity of sex, and fetishes, just to name a few factors of sex that every singe human being on the planet who has or will had sex experiences. Why would a life altering experience be able to change some of these, but not others?

Where are your facts?

Do you have facts supporting that there is a gay gene or straight gene that cannot be changed after birth?

It might make people asexual, or depraved, but I just don't think it can change the team people play for.

Why can you become asexual through a life altering change, but not homosexual or heterosexual?

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 22:04:55

At 8/27/12 09:40 PM, Scarface wrote: Do you have facts supporting that there is a gay gene or straight gene that cannot be changed after birth?

No, but any changes to a normal person's sexuality over a lifetime would be quite subtle if at all.

Why can you become asexual through a life altering change, but not homosexual or heterosexual?

Because it takes more energy to reverse the direction of a spinning ceiling fan than it does to turn it on.

Also, the whole molestation=>gay thing sounds like 20th century straight propaganda to me.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 22:13:59

This may not be surprising, but I'm bisexual. May I join?

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 22:18:15

At 8/27/12 10:04 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 8/27/12 09:40 PM, Scarface wrote: Do you have facts supporting that there is a gay gene or straight gene that cannot be changed after birth?
No, but any changes to a normal person's sexuality over a lifetime would be quite subtle if at all.

Why? A lot about people changes throughout a lifetime. Even if ultimately, they never stray from what gender they are attracted to, the type of person they go after can change in numerous ways, even how they try to attract people and how often they want sex. Why can't the gender they're attracted to change ever?

Also, define normal.

Because it takes more energy to reverse the direction of a spinning ceiling fan than it does to turn it on.

But is it impossible to do it? Why would it be?

Also, the whole molestation=>gay thing sounds like 20th century straight propaganda to me.

Perhaps, but I see no reason for it to be impossible. Was the entirety of the homosexual population molested? Absolutely not. Were some of them? Probably. And could that have played a hand in the outcome of their sexuality (and remember, when I say that, I don't refer to just the gender they're attracted to)? I see no reason why not.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 22:20:02

At 8/27/12 10:13 PM, Mumbo wrote: This may not be surprising, but I'm bisexual. May I join?

I am bisexual as well. Welcome to the club!

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 22:24:44

At 8/27/12 10:13 PM, Mumbo wrote: This may not be surprising, but I'm bisexual. May I join?

Absolutely! Welcome to the club.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 22:30:52

At 8/27/12 10:24 PM, Scarface wrote:

I'd never have pictured you in this club. It's good to know there are tons of us.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 22:33:13

At 8/27/12 10:30 PM, Mumbo wrote:
I'd never have pictured you in this club. It's good to know there are tons of us.

Yes, I'm a regular in this club, and yes, there are quite a few gay users on Newgrounds, even if they don't post in this thread frequently, or at all.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 22:35:15

At 8/27/12 10:33 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 8/27/12 10:30 PM, Mumbo wrote:
Yes, I'm a regular in this club, and yes, there are quite a few gay users on Newgrounds, even if they don't post in this thread frequently, or at all.

I guess I assumed most of it was the homoerotic acting that everyone pulls in General. I guess not.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-08-27 22:54:02

At 8/27/12 10:35 PM, Mumbo wrote: I guess I assumed most of it was the homoerotic acting that everyone pulls in General. I guess not.

True, there is quite a lot of that. It's one of the reasons I like this site, though, everyone can joke around like that without freaking out and worrying about what others think.