New Topic Respond to this Topic
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-29 16:31:02 Reply

At 9/29/11 02:58 PM, Painbringer wrote: Funny, I used to think being gay was totally socially unacceptable when I was a teen. But I was wrong.

I know it's very socially acceptable in this age, but there are still people who will not want to associate with me anymore because of it.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-29 17:09:37 Reply

At 9/29/11 04:31 PM, Scarface wrote: but there are still people who will not want to associate with me anymore because of it.

Fuck them, is what I got to say.

If they can't accept you for who you are, then you don't really need them.

Of course, you'll never really know if they'll dump you unless you actually tell them. Besides, most who say they'll dump anyone who's gay/bi are just saying that to cover their own ass, and might even themselves be gay/bi.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-29 17:13:18 Reply

At 9/29/11 05:09 PM, Painbringer wrote: Fuck them, is what I got to say.

If they can't accept you for who you are, then you don't really need them.

I really don't have any friends right now. I don't want to further alienate myself.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-29 17:21:30 Reply

At 9/29/11 05:13 PM, Scarface wrote: I really don't have any friends right now. I don't want to further alienate myself.

I just saw your thread.

Anyway, soon after you leave high school you'll get a job and then your coworkers and their friends will become your friends.

So there is nothing wrong with having a clean friend slate after you graduate.

Also, college life can be very fun with all the horny people you'll there, assuming you go there.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-30 13:27:11 Reply

Why all the fuss about coming out? I don't really care about someone's sexuality unless I want to get in their pants. I'm sure most people don't want to hear whose pants I want to get in anyway.

To me, a gay person walking around professing their love for dicks is exactly the same as pathetic frat boys walking around wearing fedoral breast inspector shirts. If one day you come home with a guy, I'm sure your parents may want to have a chat with you. But there isn't really any reason to tell them you plan to have naked penises other than your own in your bed. It is like you are asking permission to do such a thing.
Sure, it does make it easier to meet gay people if you are out. But most of the time they are just the frat boys of the gay world.

Remember: if your sexuality is one of the most important parts of your personality, you may want to sit down and have a think about just how much of an interesting and worthwhile person you are.

I don't mean to sound negative. If anything I hope someone reads this and gets something positive out of it.

This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-30 15:01:49 Reply

The biggest problem I have with NOT coming out is that everyone assumes you're straight.

Guys will ask if I have a girlfriend, and/or whether I banged a hot girl. And girls will ask if I have a wife and kids. And so I had to explain that I'm gay and have a partner.

All of this happened at my recent high school reunion.

So excuse me for showing my "gang colors" in public.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-30 15:48:54 Reply

At 9/30/11 01:27 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Sure, it does make it easier to meet gay people if you are out. But most of the time they are just the frat boys of the gay world.

Remember: if your sexuality is one of the most important parts of your personality, you may want to sit down and have a think about just how much of an interesting and worthwhile person you are.

That's the thing, I want to meet people. Also, I'm sick of girls hitting on me. As odd (and perhaps narcissistic) as this may sound, it does happen a lot.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-30 17:30:58 Reply

At 9/30/11 03:01 PM, Painbringer wrote: The biggest problem I have with NOT coming out is that everyone assumes you're straight.

Guys will ask if I have a girlfriend, and/or whether I banged a hot girl. And girls will ask if I have a wife and kids. And so I had to explain that I'm gay and have a partner.

All of this happened at my recent high school reunion.

So excuse me for showing my "gang colors" in public.

Then you mustn't have been showing your "gang colours" in public clearly enough if they had to ask ;)

At 9/30/11 03:48 PM, Scarface wrote: That's the thing, I want to meet people. Also, I'm sick of girls hitting on me. As odd (and perhaps narcissistic) as this may sound, it does happen a lot.

Girls love gay guys. Tell them you are in search of penis and they shall provide.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-30 17:46:20 Reply

At 9/30/11 05:30 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Then you mustn't have been showing your "gang colours" in public clearly enough if they had to ask ;)

I know you're kidding but I'm not a flamer and it's really hard to tell I'm gay just by looking at me.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-30 17:53:20 Reply

At 9/30/11 05:46 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/30/11 05:30 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Then you mustn't have been showing your "gang colours" in public clearly enough if they had to ask ;)
I know you're kidding but I'm not a flamer and it's really hard to tell I'm gay just by looking at me.

Guys please don't fight can't you see I love you both.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-30 18:00:04 Reply

I don't understand. You seem to be speaking as though being treated just like everyone else is a bad thing? So what if people assume you are straight? At least you aren't the pathetic stereotype that TV is telling you to be. It's not their fault that everyone is telling them that gay people only wear leather pants and listen to lady gaga nonstop.

At 9/30/11 05:53 PM, Scarface wrote:
Guys please don't fight can't you see I love you both.

Discussions my dear, discussions!

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-30 19:11:18 Reply

At 9/30/11 06:00 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: I don't understand. You seem to be speaking as though being treated just like everyone else is a bad thing? So what if people assume you are straight? At least you aren't the pathetic stereotype that TV is telling you to be.

I rather be seen as that than the typical conservative Catholic Pol my family wants me to be.

It's not their fault that everyone is telling them that gay people only wear leather pants and listen to lady gaga nonstop.

Hey, I like Gaga. And I wouldn't mind wearing leather pants (with an open front and back) at a gay party.

At 9/30/11 05:53 PM, Scarface wrote: Guys please don't fight can't you see I love you both.

You remind me of Suki Stackhouse (sp?) from the True Blood series.

Also, I wouldn't mind a three-way with the boths of you.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-30 20:41:01 Reply

On the issue of "acting gay" I'm afraid I'd have to side with HungarianSupermarket on this one, but I suppose that's because I'm not a very "gay" person. Sure, there are gay things about me; I wear skinny jeans, I like sweet, romantic endings in movies, I'm not into sports, and while I'm mostly into punk rock, I have some pretty gay music on my ipod.

As for wearing leather pants and listening to Gaga, while that's something I could understand others maybe wanting to do, it's something I'd never be into.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-04 17:18:36 Reply

Have any of you ever been in a physically dangerous situation due to someone hating you for your sexuality?

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-04 21:59:13 Reply

At 10/4/11 05:18 PM, Scarface wrote: Have any of you ever been in a physically dangerous situation due to someone hating you for your sexuality?

Considering that I was never out until after high school, I have not been in that situation.

However, if I had come out back then, I might have potentially gotten my ass kicked by either my classmates or my dad.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-05 06:51:20 Reply

At 10/4/11 09:59 PM, Painbringer wrote: Considering that I was never out until after high school, I have not been in that situation.

However, if I had come out back then, I might have potentially gotten my ass kicked by either my classmates or my dad.

I'm sorry you felt that way.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-05 17:42:52 Reply

At 10/5/11 06:51 AM, Scarface wrote: I'm sorry you felt that way.

It was the end of the 20th century when I went to high school (1996-2001). So I was right to be afraid in those days.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-05 17:54:16 Reply

At 10/4/11 05:18 PM, Scarface wrote: Have any of you ever been in a physically dangerous situation due to someone hating you for your sexuality?

I've definitely been in situations that could have easily escalated to that point, but I like to remind people of all the free vaginas running around that gay people aren't sticking their penises into.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-05 19:46:58 Reply

At 10/5/11 05:54 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: I like to remind people of all the free vaginas running around that gay people aren't sticking their penises into.

Unfortunately, those people would rather have mental images of gay people being hanged, burned at the stake or decapitated, rather than having images of where we stick our penises into.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-05 19:55:10 Reply

At 10/5/11 07:46 PM, Painbringer wrote: Unfortunately, those people would rather have mental images of gay people being hanged, burned at the stake or decapitated, rather than having images of where we stick our penises into.

True. Thankfully, there aren't that many of 'those people' these days.

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-05 20:11:30 Reply

I can't say I have, if you're excluding children who bully others based on rumours of "x" person being gay due to a baseless rumour.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-06 20:45:11 Reply

At 10/5/11 07:55 PM, Scarface wrote: True. Thankfully, there aren't that many of 'those people' these days.

Because most people in today's world are bi and most of them do not even realize it.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-06 20:49:06 Reply

At 10/6/11 08:45 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 10/5/11 07:55 PM, Scarface wrote: True. Thankfully, there aren't that many of 'those people' these days.
Because most people in today's world are bi and most of them do not even realize it.

Yes, I'm sure.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-11 16:25:09 Reply

So it's national coming out day or something.

No, I don't know which specific nation this refers to, but it seems to be a worldwide thing.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-11 17:32:31 Reply

At 10/11/11 04:25 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: So it's national coming out day or something.

No, I don't know which specific nation this refers to, but it seems to be a worldwide thing.

I think most developed countries recognize it. I probably should've come out today.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-11 17:49:50 Reply

At 10/11/11 05:32 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 10/11/11 04:25 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: So it's national coming out day or something.

I think most developed countries recognize it. I probably should've come out today.

There are (probably?) still a few hours left if you are planning on doing it? It would be an easy way to ease into the conversation, unless your parents are busy laughing at "alla dem fags on da teevee".

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-11 18:38:44 Reply

At 10/11/11 05:49 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
At 10/11/11 05:32 PM, Scarface wrote:

There are (probably?) still a few hours left if you are planning on doing it? It would be an easy way to ease into the conversation, unless your parents are busy laughing at "alla dem fags on da teevee".

No, I told my parents I'm gay. I don't know if they still know that, I think they thought it was a phase, but I told them at least, and they were fine with it.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-11 19:08:22 Reply

Wow, It's actually been eight years since I first came out here on Newgrounds! Unbelievable.

Though I didn't come out to my family for more than a full year after that.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-11 19:20:44 Reply

At 10/11/11 07:08 PM, Painbringer wrote: Wow, It's actually been eight years since I first came out here on Newgrounds! Unbelievable.

Yeah, Newgrounds is really cool in that they're supportive and accepting of gays. It's one of the reasons that I love the site so much.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-10-11 19:36:48 Reply

At 10/11/11 07:20 PM, Scarface wrote: Yeah, Newgrounds is really cool in that they're supportive and accepting of gays. It's one of the reasons that I love the site so much.

I don't think the users of NG really cared for us gays and bis back in '03/'04 - Except for a few high profile popular ones like Mr. C and Insomnia.

Also, NCOD 2003 happened less than four months after the US repealed all the sodomy laws.

I guess the NG community always had a place for us gay/bis (thanks to early support from Tom, Wade, and the rest of the NG staff) but just more-so these days.