New Topic Respond to this Topic
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-20 17:48:57 Reply

At 9/20/11 04:11 PM, J-Rex wrote: No at 120:01 A.M. last night they got rid of "Don't Ask Don't Tell" in America.

Excellent. Even still, I don't think I'd ever really enlist unless America, or one of it's close allies (my buddies in the UK, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, ect.) was being invaded. However, that's unlikely, because the days of conventional warfare are over.

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-20 18:18:24 Reply

At 9/20/11 05:48 PM, Scarface wrote: I don't think I'd ever really enlist unless America, or one of it's close allies (my buddies in the UK, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, ect.) was being invaded.

Careful when you say "close allies" or you might end up defending Isreal against a horde of enemies in the final battle of World War III.

However, that's unlikely, because the days of conventional warfare are over.

You may have been led to believe that the wars of the future will be fought with lasers and robots, and maybe even nukes, but if recent wars are any indication, it's still all about guns and tanks and bombs and jets and missiles, so you'll be in for quite a long bloodbath.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-20 19:47:37 Reply

At 9/20/11 06:18 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/20/11 05:48 PM, Scarface wrote: I don't think I'd ever really enlist unless America, or one of it's close allies (my buddies in the UK, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, ect.) was being invaded.
Careful when you say "close allies" or you might end up defending Isreal against a horde of enemies in the final battle of World War III.

However, that's unlikely, because the days of conventional warfare are over.
You may have been led to believe that the wars of the future will be fought with lasers and robots, and maybe even nukes, but if recent wars are any indication, it's still all about guns and tanks and bombs and jets and missiles, so you'll be in for quite a long bloodbath.

I was leaning more toward nukes. Every conventional currently being fought involves at least one undeveloped country, meaning a poor-ass country that can make terrorist attacks, but can be no means afford anything close to an invasion.\

WW3 won't happen, but for a nuclear stand off and some silence.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 16:09:44 Reply

At 9/20/11 07:47 PM, Scarface wrote: WW3 won't happen, but for a nuclear stand off and some silence.

It will, but under a different name.

Also, no nation, except for maybe Russia, has enough nukes to wipe the USA off the map, because after one attack USA will wipe them.

So long as human populations are high, and guns need to be sold, there will always be conventional wars.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 17:53:32 Reply

At 9/21/11 04:09 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/20/11 07:47 PM, Scarface wrote: WW3 won't happen, but for a nuclear stand off and some silence.
It will, but under a different name.

Also, no nation, except for maybe Russia, has enough nukes to wipe the USA off the map, because after one attack USA will wipe them.

They don't need to take it out completely. If you took out D.C, New York, Chicago, LA,

So long as human populations are high, and guns need to be sold, there will always be conventional wars.

Not between developed countries, though.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 18:09:22 Reply

At 9/21/11 05:53 PM, Scarface wrote: They don't need to take it out completely. If you took out D.C, New York, Chicago, LA,

Russia will take out every single target all at once.

But what about poor countries? How are they going to deliver the nukes?

Anything can happen.

Even the best of allies can turn enemies over one single incident.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 18:33:45 Reply

At 9/21/11 06:09 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/21/11 05:53 PM, Scarface wrote: They don't need to take it out completely. If you took out D.C, New York, Chicago, LA,
Russia will take out every single target all at once.

My point exactly, by simply doing that, they can basically sink all of USA without necessarily killing everyone.

But what about poor countries? How are they going to deliver the nukes?

Again, my point exactly. They still participate in conventional warfare, not nukes.

Anything can happen.

Even the best of allies can turn enemies over one single incident.

I suppose you're right, but few want that to happen after seeing the destruction of both World Wars, so most politicians are very careful about that.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 19:00:53 Reply

At 9/21/11 06:33 PM, Scarface wrote: My point exactly, by simply doing that, they can basically sink all of USA without necessarily killing everyone.

As soon as Russia launches all their nukes, the US will launch all their nukes, and millions will die. Then the fallout radiation will kill off the rest of the world's population.

Again, my point exactly. They still participate in conventional warfare, not nukes.

And those countries have the home field advantage when it comes to conventional war.

I suppose you're right, but few want that to happen after seeing the destruction of both World Wars, so most politicians are very careful about that.

But politicians often use wars to boost their popularity.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 19:18:16 Reply

At 9/21/11 07:00 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/21/11 06:33 PM, Scarface wrote: My point exactly, by simply doing that, they can basically sink all of USA without necessarily killing everyone.
As soon as Russia launches all their nukes, the US will launch all their nukes, and millions will die. Then the fallout radiation will kill off the rest of the world's population.

So WW3 with nukes is unlikely, but it's still more likely than conventional WW3.

And those countries have the home field advantage when it comes to conventional war.

But they're in no position t mount any kind of an invasion on anyone, like one of our (US's) allies.

But politicians often use wars to boost their popularity.

After a decade in Afghanistan and nearly as long in Iraq, most governments in Europe and North America are steering away from that.

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 19:26:33 Reply

Guys, the doctrine of Mutually Assured Destruction is getting pretty far off topic...

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 5/15/2015] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 19:35:56 Reply

At 9/21/11 07:26 PM, Malachy wrote: Guys, the doctrine of Mutually Assured Destruction is getting pretty far off topic...

Well, it started with gays in the military. Anyway.....yay, another score for the gays.

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 19:47:50 Reply

At 9/21/11 07:35 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 9/21/11 07:26 PM, Malachy wrote: Guys, the doctrine of Mutually Assured Destruction is getting pretty far off topic...
Well, it started with gays in the military. Anyway.....yay, another score for the gays.

Mutually Assured Gaystruction (MAG)

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 5/15/2015] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 20:51:10 Reply

At 9/21/11 07:47 PM, Malachy wrote:

Oh, you. We want to rape the world, not destroy (gaystroy?) it.

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-21 21:27:14 Reply

At 9/21/11 07:47 PM, Malachy wrote:

I recall that game being pretty damn awesome.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-22 17:55:33 Reply

Here's something I thought up:

If a major drug company invented a pill that temporarily cures gayness, and has the same side effects as an antidepressant (antigaypressant lol), would any of you take it?

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-22 18:07:56 Reply

At 9/22/11 05:55 PM, Painbringer wrote: Here's something I thought up:

If a major drug company invented a pill that temporarily cures gayness, and has the same side effects as an antidepressant (antigaypressant lol), would any of you take it?

I'm not a fan of mind-altering pills in general, so no, but I would probably consider it.

BBS Signature
uncommonvalor
uncommonvalor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-23 03:29:52 Reply

probably, i wont lie

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-23 07:11:51 Reply

And stop getting the best of both worlds? Nah.

This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
strider-dan
strider-dan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-23 21:05:07 Reply

Depends on my mood

Every so often, I think "I don't want to be gay anymore" then, I get up and watch a video, or play a game and I just stop thinking aboot it.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-23 23:25:29 Reply

At 9/23/11 09:05 PM, strider-dan wrote: Every so often, I think "I don't want to be gay anymore" then, I get up and watch a video, or play a game and I just stop thinking aboot it.

I know what you mean. Once in a while, the thought of wanting to be normal pops up in my head.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-24 18:20:02 Reply

I don't intend on ever getting married to a woman, so I wouldn't need 'em.

And if I had to have sex with a woman, for whatever reason, I'd just do it sober - Or drunk.

InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-24 20:03:22 Reply

At 9/22/11 05:55 PM, Painbringer wrote: If a major drug company invented a pill that temporarily cures gayness, and has the same side effects as an antidepressant (antigaypressant lol), would any of you take it?

If I lived somewhere where there was overwhelming stigma against homosexuality, then I probably would, but since that is not the case, although being straight might make life simpler, I probably wouldn't. Becoming straight would mean a change in my identity, and identity shifts aren't things that I enjoy experiencing. It's disorienting to have believed myself to be a certain thing for years only to have it suddenly changed.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-26 19:35:16 Reply

Have any of you ever had a lame crush on someone you've never really met (and have no reason to introduce yourself to) and you're not quite sure whether or not they're gay?

Also, am I the only one in this club still in the closet?

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-27 06:25:12 Reply

At 9/26/11 07:35 PM, Scarface wrote: Have any of you ever had a lame crush on someone you've never really met (and have no reason to introduce yourself to) and you're not quite sure whether or not they're gay?

I myself have not. Well you do have a reason to introduce yourself. You have a crush on them. Do you have any friends in common? Then you have something toi start you off in the right direction in regard to introducing yourself as a friend of a friend.

I thought you were coming out to your friends.....

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-27 06:48:02 Reply

At 9/27/11 06:25 AM, Confucianism wrote: I myself have not. Well you do have a reason to introduce yourself. You have a crush on them. Do you have any friends in common? Then you have something toi start you off in the right direction in regard to introducing yourself as a friend of a friend.

No friends in common, don't know their name, don't have any classes with them.

I thought you were coming out to your friends.....

Still hesitantly working on that.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-27 07:27:15 Reply

At 9/27/11 06:48 AM, Scarface wrote: No friends in common, don't know their name, don't have any classes with them.

I see. Why not just try introducing yourself to them during break. Or if you realy cant think of anything then pretend you think he is one of your friends and lay your hand on his shoulder and call out a name. While he is alone and from behind.

It's realy not as hard as you think. Perhaps if you young chaps were to talk about what kind of lady you are into or the like and you would say that you are gay and what not.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-27 18:04:25 Reply

At 9/27/11 07:27 AM, Confucianism wrote:
At 9/27/11 06:48 AM, Scarface wrote: No friends in common, don't know their name, don't have any classes with them.
I see. Why not just try introducing yourself to them during break. Or if you realy cant think of anything then pretend you think he is one of your friends and lay your hand on his shoulder and call out a name. While he is alone and from behind.

The first suggestion isn't really practical. The second might seem to obvious.

It's realy not as hard as you think. Perhaps if you young chaps were to talk about what kind of lady you are into or the like and you would say that you are gay and what not.

I know, it always seems so much easier in my head, but when the moment comes, I bitch out,

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-27 19:35:44 Reply

At 9/27/11 07:22 PM, Painbringer wrote: How about we just "out" you instead?

Come on over to my school and hand out flyers.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-09-27 20:07:34 Reply

At 9/27/11 07:35 PM, Scarface wrote: Come on over to my school and hand out flyers.

It would be a lot easier if you had a Facebook page.